Chapter 7

The VIP Show

    Baekhyun woke up with his head on Chanyeol's chest and a hand rubbing up and down his back soothingly. He hummed softly. "Morning, Baek." Baekhyun smiled at the nickname.

    "Morning, Channie." Chanyeol hugged Baekhyun closer to him, trying to spend more time with Baekhyun before Tao took him away. Kris had come during the middle of the night and Chanyeol left Baekhyun on the bed. Kris told him what Tao wanted to do with Baekhyun and he warned the other about his actions. Baekhyun snuggled closer to Chanyeol and almost drifted off to sleep before a knocking sound was heard. Baekhyun groaned in his head before Chanyeol let him go. Baekhyun got up and went to the door. Upon opening it, Baekhyun was pulled out of Chanyeol's room and into the arms of Tao.

    "Morning, hyung. Let's go for a walk! I want to show you the garden that Ge has out back!" Baekhyun didn't get a single word in as Tao was pulling him downstairs and towards the back.
    "What garden? What about Chanyeol and Kris? Do they know we're doing this?"
    "Of course, hyung! Ge asked Chanyeol hyung for me last night and Chanyeol hyung said that it was okay." Baekhyun nodded, unsure if Chanyeol really said okay. He never got the chance to think it over because Tao was pulling him outside. The sun shone in Baekhyun's face and almost blinded him for a few seconds. Once his vision cleared, Baekhyun gasped in amazement. The gardens surrounding the mansion was beautiful. There were shrubs cut to look like weird animals and different colors of flowers an roses and a brick path that wound around the whole area.
    "It's beautiful, Tao." Tao chuckled.
    "I had a feeling that you'd say that, hyung. Follow me." They both walked around and Baekhyun couldn't keep his eyes off of the whole area. Baekhyun noticed a small path that lead away from the mansion and felt a strange pull towards it. He unconsciously started walking towards that area when Tao pulled him back.
    "Tao?"
    "We can't wonder too far. I promised Ge that we wouldn't." Baekhyun nodded and was pulled the other way. He managed to look back and thought he saw a small figure standing in the shadows wearing a white dress. Baekhyun blinked and the figure disappeared.

 

    "So, the beast has taken him again? It looks like I need to get him back."
    "I don't think this is a good idea."
    "Shut UP!! I didn't ask you! You're just his replacement!" A smacking sound was heard followed by a cry. "If he hadn't left me alone, I wouldn't be like this."
    "I'm s-sorry. I d-didn't m-mean to make you m-mad."
    "Shhh... It's okay. I forgive you, Xiumin."

 

    "Did you have fun walking in the garden, Baek?" Baekhyun nodded his head, a huge smile on his face.
    "Yeah, it was beautiful! I could spend all day just staying out there and looking around!" Chanyeol chuckled.
    "That's what you would always say." He said quietly.
    "Hey, Chanyeol, I have a question. If you don't mind me asking?"
    "Go ahead, Baek. You can ask me anything." Baekhyun was quiet as he gathered his courage.
    "What was I like before...you know...this happened to me?" Chanyeol's eyes got wide. Baekhyun was worried that he'd ask the wrong question and that Chanyeol would get mad. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked you that."
    "No, it's fine, Baek. I was just surprised. You really want to know?" Baekhyun slowly nodded, still slightly afraid that he asked the wrong question.
    "You were really talkative and funny. You would make your friends laugh at your jokes just to brighten up their day. You were really caring and I loved that."
    "How did we meet?" Chanyeol had a far away look on his face as his eyes glazed over in the memory he was reliving. Suddenly, a stupid grin was on his face.
    "I was having a bad day. You know, just one where you feel depressed and sad  for no reason. Your friends and you were walking by when you stopped. Your friends kept going while you walked over to me. I acted mad and angry because I didn't want to be bothered but still you came. Then you told me the corniest joke I've ever heard and you got me laughing. We stayed in touch after that." Baekhyun smiled a little, happy that Chanyeol was smiling. "I've loved you ever since that day." Chanyeol's smile faltered as did Baekhyun's. "I still love you but you don't remember all the fun times we had." Chanyeol got up and walked to the widow. He stood there and stared until Baekhyun felt uncomfortable.
    "I'm going to talk to Kris." Chanyeol nodded but still didn't look away from the window. Baekhyun got up and left the room. He walked around until he heard a voice. He knocked on the door.
    "Come in, Baekhyun." Baekhyun shuddered and slowly opened the door. Inside, Kris was sitting in a chair with Tao's head in his lap, both were watching a movie. Tao looked like he passed out. "What did you need, Baekhyun?"
    "I wanted to know who took my memories." Kris's eyebrow rose.
    "Why would you want to know?" Baekhyun was getting a little angry. Didn't he have a right to know who took his memories?
    "Don't you think I should know?" Kris pretended to think about it.
    "Hmmm....no." Baekhyun was now angrier than before.
    "They're my memories! I want to know who took them!" Kris shushed him and pointed to a sleeping Tao. Baekhyun saw red. "I don't care that he's asleep! I want my memories back!"
    "And what are you going to do when you do have them?! Try to get revenge?! Sorry, Baekhyun, but you're just a human in our world." Baekhyun was taken back but was still angry,
    "I can try." With that said, Baekhyun turned around and walked out. He was walking around angrily when he bumped into Kai. "Watch-" he stopped his sentence. Kai's eyes were bloodshot, like he'd been crying. "Kai?" He sniffled.
    "Sorry, hyung. I wasn't looking at where I was going." He was moving out of Baekhyun's way when Baekhyun stopped him.
    "Kai? Are you okay?" Kai nodded and gave Baekhyun a smile.
    "I'm fine, hyung. It's just allergies!"
    "Jongin!" They both turned and saw Kyungsoo standing there.
    "I uh guess I'll leave you two to talk." Baekhyun left the scene and had forgotten about his anger. He walked back towards the door that led to the garden that Tao had taken him to earlier in the day. He stepped outside and started walking around, trying to get his mind off of his encounter with Kris and Kai. He didn't even notice that he was walking down the path that he was drawn to before. He heard an owl hoot and looked around. Without meaning to, Baekhyun had walked into the forest behind the mansion. He went to turn around when he saw that small figure with the white dress. It seemed to be calling him to follow it. With great hesitation, Baekhyun followed. He followed the figure until they both reached a small clearing that was shining and glistening due to the sun. The figure stood in the shining sun and Baekhyun gasped. There stood a little girl with shoulder length light brown hair and chocolate colored eyes. She was wearing a pure white dress that went to her knees.
    "Hello, Papa." 

 

[AN]: Sorry for the long wait >.< Graduated from high school so I had to turn my iPad in (that I was using to write this one) and so I haven't had a chance to do anything with this story. I have it written down for atleast another chapter but I'm thinking of rewriting it. Thank you for your patience and for staying to read this story too! You're all amazing!!