Chapter 9

The VIP Show

AN: i have no excuse for not updating.... i'm a horrible person... i'm trying to get this story going still but it's slowly wanting to come to a stop... ugh! i will finish this!!!! so i'll do two chapters for tonight! I PROMISE THAT!!

_________________________

"Whatever it takes."

Chanyeol found Kris sitting with Tao by his side, just holding each other. "Kris-hyung." Kris looked up and saw Chanyeol. "We need to talk. In private." He added when he looked over at Tao. Kris nodded, whispered in Tao's ear, and got up to follow Chanyeol away from Tao.

"What is it, Chanyeol?" Kris asked once they were far enough away so Tao wouldn't hear.Baekhyun wants his memories back. I think it's time for him to remember."

"Have you tried anything else that would get him to remember?" Chanyeol nodded.

"He looked me in the eyes, we touched skin to skin, and I even kissed him but nothing happened." Kris was quiet as he thought. "Please Kris. You're the one that put the block there, you can pull it down right?" Kris sighed.

"Yes, I can bring the block down but there might be problems and it'll be painful for him. Are you ready to deal with the repercussions of it?" Chanyeol nodded. He would do anything for Baekhyun.

"I'll take you to him." Chanyeol led Kris up to his room and opened the door. Baekhyun was still sleeping on the bed but shifted slightly before he woke up when Chanyeol called his name.

"Chanyeol?" Baekhyun sat up and saw Kris. "Kris?" Kris walked up and sat down besides him.

"Baekhyun, Chanyeol told me that you want your memories back, is that right?" Baekhyun nodded. "What I am about to do will leave an impression on you that could be good or bad."

"How so?" Baekhyun nodded.

"I am forcefully removing a...'shield,' if you could call it that, from your mind. I will have to tear it apart and things could go wrong." Baekhyun looked scared. "I'm not going to lie to you, Baekhyun. It will hurt."

"Did you have to do the same thing to Tao?" Kris shook his head no.

"Normally when the shield is up, it's protecting that person. So if someone special 'unlocks' the shield, nothing will go wrong. But since I have to forcefully removing it myself, it'll be really painful. Are you willing to deal with the pain, Baekhyun?" Baekhyun was quiet. He looked at Chanyeol who had such a hopeful look on his face, even though he tried to hide it. Baekhyun looked back at Kris and nodded. He will deal with the pain. He wanted to remember.

Kris sat up and told Baekhyun to lie down on the bed and told Chanyeol to hold him down. Kris sat by Baekhyun's head and placed both hands on Baekhyun's temples. "It'll feel like a hot iron rod is pocking through your head. Are you sure you still want to do this?" A shaky 'yes'  was heard from Baekhyun's lips before Kris closed his eyes and Baekhyun started whimpering. A few seconds later, Baekhyun started screaming and tried to thrash around but Chanyeol held him down. Tears were streaming down from Baekhyun's closed eyes as Kris's brows drew together in concentration. A moment later, Kris released the breath he was holding and withdrew his hands from Baekhyun's shaking, sweaty head. Chanyeol slowly let go of Baekhyun who weakly panted before he passed out. Chanyeol tore his eyes away from Baekhyun to look at Kris's serious face.

"Did it work?" He asked softly.

"I removed it but there is something stopping him from remembering. It's all up to him now." Kris said in an eerie calm tone.

"So you mean he still doesn't remember?" Chanyeol was also calm but Kris could sense the anger behind it.

"No." Chanyeol stood up and angrily knocked over a dresser with pitcures on it to the floor and stormed out of the room. The loud noise woke Baekhyun up while Kris sighed.

"Kris?" Kris looked over at Baekhyun. He had such a hopeful look on his face and Kris hated to ruin it but he had to do something.

"It didn't work." The hope died in his eyes. "There's something stopping you from remembering. Something that you  created. Maybe if you find out why you did it to yourself, it'll help you. There is nothing else I can do to help. I'm sorry." Kris got up and left the room, leaving Baekhyun to process all the information by himself.

 

 

Tao looked up as Chanyeol stormed by him and into the garden. A few moments later, Yifan came while running a hand thorugh his hair. "Didn't work?" Kris shook his head no before laying himself down on the couch with his head in Tao's lap. Tao started running his fingers through Yifan's hair to try and calm him down.

"I removed the block I put there but Baekhyun still doesn't want to remember. There's something stopping him from actually remembering."

"Do you think he did that because of what happened to him and the knowledge of what he lost?" Yifan grew confused.

"What he lost?"

"He lost his unborn child." Yifan's eyes widened.

"He was pregnant?" Tao nodded and Yifan grew quiet as he thought. "Maybe you're right, Taozi. Maybe he doesn't want to remember that expirence so he blocked it from his mind." Tao just hummed and continued running his fingers through Yifan's hair. Once Tao got Yifan relaxed and asleep, he slowly slipped away and headed upstairs to Chanyeol's room. He walked up to the door and heard Baekhyun soflty crying. He knocked on the door.

"Baekhyun?" No answer. He tried again. "Baekhyun? It's me, Tao." This time the door opened. Tao slowly opened the door as Baekhyun climbed underneath the covers again. Tao walked in the room and sat next to the hidden Baekhyun. He slowly pulled the covers down and saw Baekhyun's tear stained face.

"I don't know what to do, Tao. I feel like everything's my fault somehow and everyone blames me." Tao didn't know what to say. He never had to deal with this problem before. "Kris doesn't know what's stopping me from remembering." Tao opened his arms and Baekhyun launched himself into them.

"Hyung, no one blames you for anything so don't think that this is all your fault because it's not. None of this is." Tao his back and swayed side to side slowly. "Yes, it's true that you don't now what's causing this but staying in here and crying about it isn't going to help you." Baekhyun leaned back and looked at Tao. "Don't you think you should find out what's causing all of this?" Tao pointed to Baekhyun head. "Do you think feeling sorry for yourself will help you?" Baekhyun shook his head no as he dried his tears with his sleeve. "Do you understand what I'm saying, hyung?" Baehyun nodded and sniffled.

"If I want to et my memories back, I need to help instead of feeling sorry for myself." He sniffled once more before hugging Tao tightly. "Thank you, Tao." Tao nodded and smile softly.

"If you want me to, I can help you." Baekhyun nodded and smiled a small smile.

"That would be great."