Chapter 8

The VIP Show

"Hello, Papa."

 

Baekhyun grew confused as she spoke. Papa? "Yes, Papa."

"Look, I can't be your papa. I don't even know you." He said in a sorry tone. She sighed sadly.

"He said that you would say that I was hoping that you would remember me. I'm Nari. Don't you remember me now, Papa?" He looked into her eyes.

 

He gasped in shock. No! It couldn't happen! How was he going to tell Chanyeol? A knocking on the door disturbed his thoughts. "Baek, babe, are you okay in there?" Baekhyun jumped and hurriedly hid the test.

"Yeah, Yeollie, I'm fine! Just ate something weird that didn't agree with me." It was quiet on the other side of the door.

"You know you can talk to me, babe. I love you and you can trust me. I'll take care of you." Baekhyun felt foolish for worrying about telling Chanyeol. Now that Baekhyun thought about it, Chanyeol mentioned about having children one day in a passing comment. Chanyeol was great with children and Baekhyun smiled, thinkning about how excited Chanyeol would be by having his own child.

"I know, Yeollie." He looked down and put a hand on his stomach. "Appa will take care of us, little Nari."

 

Baekhyun's eyes filled with tears. "Papa?" Baekhyun sobbed hard and rushed to hug his little girl. He fell to his knees and cried harder when he felt warmth where she would be.

"B-but I thought..." Tiny arms wrapped around him just as tightly as he was holding onto her.

"I know, Papa. I know how sad you feel now after seeing that memory. I still love you, Papa, even after what happened."

"I love you so much, baby. So much." Baekhyun sobbed.

"I have to go now, Papa. They're calling me back. Just remember and trust in Appa. He'll help you regain your memories." Baekhyun held tighter when he felt the warmth leaving his arms.

"No! Come back!" Baekhyun tried to hold on until Nari faded away and he was hugging himself. "Nari..." He whimpered as he felt his eyes get heavier and heavier until he hit the ground, passed out.

 

Gentle hands were brushing through his hair. He felt warm all over and slowly opened his eyes. He saw Chanyeol's faceabove his own and realized that he was in Chanyeol's lap. Chanyeol looked down after a few moments and continued his motions. Baekhyun closed his eyes and thought about Nari. His hands went to his stomach and Chanyeol finally stopped.

"Are you okay?" Baekhyun opened his eyes to look at Chanyeol. "Tao said he found you passed out in the forest after searching for you. Did you remember something?" Baekhyun's eyes filled with tears again as he shook his head no. Baekhyun sat up and hugged Chanyeol, who responded to the hug. Baekhyun buried his face in the giant's neck and started crying again. Chanyeol just hugged him closer and rocked him back and forth, murmuring that it was okay and that he was there. Somewhere in the middle of his sobs, Baekhyun rememebered Nari's words.

"...trust in Appa. He'll help you regain your memories." He didn't know if he could anymore. He was so confused by all that was happening.

"Chanyeol?" He whispered.

"Yes, Baek?" Chanyeol whispred back, too afraid to break the gentle atmosphere.

"I'm sorry for not telling you about her." Chanyeol's eyes windened and tears started prickling in them.

"Baekhyun, it's okay. You didn't have enough time to tell me and I understand it."

"Her name was Nari." A tear slid down his cheek. He knew Baekhyun loved that name because he loved it.

"Nari?" He felt Baekhyun nod. He sniffled a little. "Such a beautiful name for our little girl." It was quiet as Baekhyun decided to tell Chanyeol about seeing her or not, too afraid of sounding crazy and the giant not trusting him. In the end, he decided to trust Chanyeol.

"Before Tao found me in the forest, I saw her." Chanyeol was confused. Baekhyun had seen their unborn child? How? It wasn't possible.

"Baek-"

"She's beautiful, Chanyeol. She has your goofy smile, your nose, your ears." He chuckled sadly. "She was like a carbon copy of you." Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun back to look at him when he noticed that his eyes were closed.

"Baekhyun?" He didn't get an answer. Baekhyun's breaths were short and light, signaling that he was deep asleep. Maybe he passed out from all of the emotions he had to go through. He was about to settle Baekhyun down when his eyes open and his eyes changed colors. They were like Chanyeol's eyes when he was angry. Baekhyun wouldn't have had that eye color unless... "Baekhyun?" A tear escaped Baekhyun's eyes.

"I miss you, Yeollie." Baekhyun's voice said in a lower tone. His hand came up to gentle cup Chanyeol's face. The nickname, touch, and hearing his lover's normal voice had Chanyeol crying hard.

"I miss you too, Baek." A few more tears escaped Baekhyun's eyes.

"I trust in you, Yeollie. I know you'll help me become who I was before it happened. I have always trusted in you."

"I'll do anything to help you, Baek. Anything." Baekhyun smiled.

"I know you will. My other self wants to get my memories back but Kris won't let him. We both want our memories back, Yeollie. I want to remember. Please, help me with this." Chanyeol nodded causing Baekhyun to smile before his eyes color changed back and they slowly closed. "I love you, Chanyeol."

"And I love you, Baekhyun." Baekhyun smiled before it fell away as his eyes finally closed and his breathing got short and light, signaling that he was asleep again. Chanyeol slowly moved Baekhyun down on the bed and put his head underneath a pillow while his jacket was on top. He softly kissed Baekhyun's lips yet nothing happened. Chanyeol frowned. Looking into his eyes: failed. A touch: failed. He sighed in disappointment as he left to find Kris. Before he left, he turned back to look at Baekhyun. "I will do whatever it takes to have you back with me, Baekhyun. Whatever it takes."

 

 


[AN]: Here is the new chapter!!! Hopefully, you all enjoy it! I'll try to update every other week on maybe Friday?? I'll see if I can work this all out and thanks again for sticking with this story! I really appreciate it very much!