The New Beginning

He Showed Me Happiness

I was so mad at my father's job for moving us somewhere I knew not how to speak the language. His Job moved us to Seoul South Korea. A Very beautiful city yes, but I knew no one, couldn’t speak the native tongue. My father's company sent him there to run the big company there along with its Boss.  Dad told me I didn’t have to worry about a job since I would be looking after my little brother. He was going to be home school. My little brother Kingsley was 8. Our mother died 3 years ago and dad never looked for anyone else just took on more work. I was old enough to move away but had to help with Kingsley. I did go to school for Photography and Cosmatigoloy. We moved there to Seoul in a small apartment till dad could go out and look for a house.

"Harlow" my dad called my name from the front seat of the car he just got. "Yes Sir" I said. "I’ve got you and Kingsley a teacher for you both to learn Korean." He said. "She is a Korean born but moved to the US when she was 10, Then moved back when she was 25. She wanted to teach people who couldn’t speak it how to and for the Koreans who wanted to speak English. She will be over tomorrow." he said. "Thank you dad." I said. He smiled as we pulled into the car garage. As we got out to head to the elevator a young man caught my eye. He had baby pink hair that was curly and a face mask around his neck. He was waiting by a car I guess for someone. He saw me looking so he Smiled and bowed. I smiled back and bowed to him. Then I heard my dad, "Harlow hurry up." I looked, I had stopped to look at him. They were on the elevator. I ran over feeling like a fool. "Sorry dad I was being nice." I said. He smiled, "Yeah I see that." he said. Once it reach our floor the doors opened and there stood two other cute guys. One with bright blonde hair that was spiked in the back and long in front. The other one was just as blonde but it was short and flat but his lips was what got me. I smiled and bowed to them and they both returned it. I hurried behind dad and Kingsley. Once inside the apartment we found each of our rooms. Mine had the best view of the city. Dad said he gave it to me since I’m the artist. I knew I was grown and all but I loved Hello Kitty so I had the whole bed set. I started making my bed and unpacking my stuff. "RAIN" came Kingsley voice. He was the only one who called me by my middle name. "Yes little King" I said. "Can you help me with the sheets on my bed?" He asked. "Sure can" I said getting up and going into his room. He had Batman sheets. So I helped him with them and then we both sat down. "So what do you think of it here?" I asked him. "It's different but I’ve made two friends before you got here today." he said. Dad and Kingsley flew out before I did. I wanted to have a going away get together with my friends so dad said I could come out in two days. "You did who are they?” I asked. "The little girl across the hall she is half Korean and American. Her mom is who is teaching us tomorrow. Then the little boy down the hall he doesn’t speak English but Sue tells him what I say. He is Happy I'm here on this floor because he is the only boy his age. He is also glad I’m going to learn Korean.” He said. "What's his name?'' I asked. "Choi Minwoo he is cool and loves batman like me. He has an older brother that was downstairs when we came in." he said. "The guy with the pink hair?" I asked. "Yep his name is Zelo, he is in a group called BAP. He is a rapper and dancer." he said. "That’s cool." I said. My phone in the next room went off. "Let me go get that." I said. I ran to my room and got it. "Hey Chick you made it safe?" said the girl on the line. "Oh hey Sarah and yes I did." I said. "Well get on Skype for a little bit." She said. "Sure" I said and hung up. I turned my Skype on and sat it on my desk in my room. Sarah and I talked for an hour then she needed to rest. There was a knock on the door so I ran to get it. I didn’t see anyone through the peep whole so I opened it. There stood a little girl about 7. "Hi I’m Sue I live across the hall can Kingsley play." she said. "Hi Sue I’m Harlow Kingsley's big sister." I said. Kinsley came around the corner to see who I was talking to. "Can I go play?'' he asked. “Where are you two going to play?" I asked. "The playground downstairs you can come too." said Sue. "Give me a second." I said and ran to my room. I grabbed my IPod, Hello Kitty shades and then came back. "All ready to go." I said. "Sure" they said taking my hands leading me to the elevator. Once outside where the playground was they took off leaving me to feel odd. I found a shade tree and sat under it placing my headphones in and shades on. I watched them play then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up to see a woman. I took my headphones out and bowed my head to her. "You must be Harlow." she said. "I’m Mrs. Kim Sue's mom and your Korean teacher. “Hello" I said and Shook her hand. "May I join you?" she asked. "Please" I said. "You brother looks up to you, he couldn’t stop talking about you to me and Sue." she said. I smiled at her. "Would you like to learn some Korean while we sit here?" she asked. "Yes maybe some basics like Hello, Goodbye and Thank you." I asked. We sat there and she helped me and told me how to remember them. She even showed me how to read it. By the time us four went back up to the room I could tell you Hello, I’m Harlow Rain. It’s nice to meet you. Thank you and your welcome and good evening. "I will see you two tomorrow after Sue goes to school. I can also teach your brother at home." She said. "See you tomorrow." I said. That night dad order us some Korean food which we loved. I told dad what I already learned and he was so happy. That night I slept very well in my new home. I did wake up as soon as the sun got up....