Fire

Our EXO Dads: Cador [DISCONTINUED]

 

 

chapter eight: fire

"everyone was born incomplete, the missing parts of their hearts cannot be hidden."   

 

 

They always had told reminded to look back from where they started. And despite not wanting to return there, they still owe that place one thing. If they would never be in the place they are now.

"Well, this is the place." Hyerin huffed as she eyed the old orphanage they were once residing in. The place that started almost everything. The place they ran from, but now, they're returning to it. The eldest sibling held tight on Huiying's small hands as they neared the old building. How long has it been? Years, yes, but how long?

"Are you feeling nervous, eonni?" Huiying questioned as she eyed the older sister.

"Kind of, yes. I haven't seen auntie for a while now." Hyerin sighed."And it's quite a disappointment. We promised each other that we'd visit this place again all together. And Jonathan..."

Huiying pouted upon hearing their brother's name. Yesterday, he had taken his leave to round up the EXO members all by himself, but what she didn't expect was that it'll take him longer than expected, and that included the fact that he can't go home. Baekhyun and Suho caused quite a scene yesterday, vanishing from Ingikayo all of the sudden, no where to be found. 

Later that same day Jonathan went off, Huiying received a text message that he cannot go home. Knowing that Hyerin would worry if Jonathan does not return, she made up another lie.

"Oppa's drama will be shooting tonight. He would have to stay in at a nearby hotel."

And surprisingly, Hyerin believed so.

And now, back at the orhpanage...

"It's that feeling, huh? When you return at that one place you once tried running away from." Hyerin sighed as she opened the gate and knocked on the door. A few helpers welcomed them warmly and easily recognized them to be members of the trendy Pandora Street group. With that said, they got a few attention. The kids there hurried to them, greeting them happily. Hyerin and Huiying greeted them back, grinning happily.

And that's when they saw an old lady dressed in a flowery dress.

"Auntie!" the two ladies cried in joy upon being reunited to this "auntie" who runs the orphanage. She's old now, and based on her body, she's pretty weak. She needed a young man, probably around his early twenties, to assist her in walking and a cane on her left hand. Upon seeing the two, she smiled widely before she threw herself into the females' arms.

"Hyerin! Huiying! My little angels, it's been so long, hasn't it been?" 'Auntie' had stated out with a wide grin, patting the ladies' hair and shoulder. "My, you're a lot prettier face-to-face. I've only seen you now a days in televisions, singing and dancing like experts. I always knew you had great talents resting in yourselves. I am so proud."

"We missed you too, auntie." Hyerin smiled warmly as she hugged her once more. "How are you here? Are you still running this place, auntie?"

"Yes, but my nephew here and his sister are helping me. I'm planning on handing the orphanage down to them." she says as she introduces her nephew. "My niece is around the corner, tending the kids. Why don't you come inside? They're big fans of your group!"

The girls can only nod as they follows their auntie and her nephew. In there, numerous young kids and teens were waiting and playing. Upon the sight of Hyerin and Huiying, the once peaceful orphanage became one noisy space, cheering for the female guests that had just arrived. Everyone was hugging them. Hyerin, who has the weakest spot for kids, gave them lots of attention and hugged them as if they were her own siblings as well. Huiying, on the other side, is still awkward with kids but soon enough, she managed to hug and entertain them, talking with them and discovering a few talented kids along the chat.

Everyone was glad. "You know, eversince you three left, the orphanage had taken a big change. You three became our orphanage's faces and for some reason, lots helped this orphanage to have a longer life. Some donated for the building repairments, for the goods, for everything." one of the teens, probably one of the oldest too, stated. Huiying can remember this little lady as a small baby often carried by an older kid, who she can't see anywhere. She had grown beautifully. "You three are amazing people!"

"Aw, that's so sweet of you." Hyerin smiled as she patted her head. "Tell you what, one day, you might become an idol like the three of us too! You say that you love to sing? Then work for your dreams and soon enough, you'll achieve it! Don't ever stop believing, okay?"

The kids cheered.

Huiying, on the other side, was crowded by young boys, who kept on cheering for her amazing dance moves. Indeed, she had made a clear spotlight position in the music industry, thanks to her jaw-dropping and fluid dance moves. What else, she had taken a highlight in one interview and now, in the whole K-pop Industry with her extraordinary intelligence. Debuting early in a rather ripe age with such brains? Quite a shocker.

But when she turned around to eye more kids cheering for her and Hyerin, she didn't expect such a familiar face to greet her.

Those single eyelids she can recognize anywhere.

That round face.

That gentle-looking feature in his flawless face.

Huiying's throat went dry.

"Xiumin... appa?" 

 

 

"Do you even know where we're heading? Or at least... a clue on where we begin looking for the rest?"

"Well, we began with us at Ingikayo." 

"Don't be sarcastic, Suho." 

"Not trying to be."

A day had passed and the three— Suho, Baekhyun and Jonathan— had decided to move early in the morning. Jonathan and Suho were invited by Baekhyun himself to stay at his place. Suho volunteered and suggested his place first, but it was kind of far. Baekhyun's place, being a soloist at the present time, had his whole house for himself. Yes, house. He purchased it. He lives in it. It's his. 

"Again, where are we heading?" Baekhyun asked as he glared Suho and Jonathan. "Aren't we supposed to, like, build up a map and location track on where to pick up the remaining ten? Come on!" he sassily whined.

"Calm down, I'm sure Jonathan here knows what he's up to." Suho smiles as he nudged Jonathan. "Right?"

Jonathan remained silent. He only nodded, despite deep in him, he had no idea on why he chose to visit Jeju. It's typically known as the number one couple spot in Korea, and indeed it was. When Suho asked him last night on where they'd start searching, he had unconsciously answered "Seoul". For what reason? None. It just... slipped out of his mouth.

But surely, he said it for a reason, right? He belives in his guts. He says something for a reason. Unconsciously or not. "Okay then, then what reason is there to hear on why you chose to round up Seoul?" Baekhyun asks, glaring at Jonathan. The younger looked back, only to be tensed by the fierce glare Baekhyun was shooting at him. Not to mention, he even bothered to apply eyeliner on his eyes, which only made them look sharper.

"Er... I just... feel one of them would be there." Jonathan lied as he smiled casually. "It's were most people are. They're just around here, and before we even go further, we've got to scope up the whole place, right?"

He suddenly made a point. On the spot. Heck, he sure can be quite a genius!

"Fine." Baekhyun pouted as he looked out of window. Suho was driving cautiously down the enormous roads of Seoul, aimless. To be honest, not even him has an idea where they're heading. He's depending on Jonathan's words. It took a few more hours.

And another one.

And one and a half more minute before...

"Stop the car! Stop it!" Jonathan screamed histerically as he grabbed onto Suho's shoulder. Of course, caught by surprise, Suho had slightly turned the wheel and made the car nearly bump against another vehicle. Thank goodness he got control of it quickly, making it slow down as he looked for a parking spot. When they did, Jonathan wasted not a milli-second in getting off the car and darting to the streets. He ran straight forward, not even stopping as he was somewhat chasing something... or at least, someone.

"Jonathan! Oh my go—, can you please slow yourself down?!" Baekhyun shouted from behind as he tried to chase down the younger down the buzzing streets of Seoul.

Jonathan was somewhat deaf though. He wasn't listening to neither Suho's or Baekhyun's cries. 

He was darting forward.

Eyes set on the silhouette he had seen.

Squeezing through the tight crowd, crying out with his inaudible voice.

His eyes were welling up with tears. He's not going to lose him too, right? Not again. No, he will not allow that.

"Sehun-appa!" he cried out on top of his lungs before he threw himself towards this tall male in front of him, who happened to had turned his head around at the exact time Jonathan lunged towards him. Caught in surprise, this male stranger temporarily lost balance but regained afterwards as he leaned on a nearby wall for support. Jonathan, on the other hand, didn't move.

"Jonathan! You rascal, what is with you?" Suho cried out as he and Baekhyun finally caught up with the young man.  Baekhyun, who had ran slower than him, was panting heavily as a hand clutched on his chest. When the two finally tried to make who this male Jonathan is clinging himself to, their jaws nearly dropped.

A few familiar features and those familiar set of eyes were all that it took.

"Sehun?" Suho nearly choked out as he noticed the latter's features.

But different from the teary reunion they expected, this "Sehun" they were addressing to simply placed gentle hands on Jonathan's shoulders and pushed him gently away, smiling at him and at the other two. And there, just one look, they knew it wasn't that dear youngest of theirs.

"You're... not Sehun." Baekhyun croaked out.

"I'm not." the latter replied with a smiling face. "Aren't you... Baekhyun? And you're Suho? ... And you're that member from Pandora Street. Right?" 

"... You're not our Sehun." Jonathan weakly mumbled as he felt tears well up once more. "... I-I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I thought you were—"

"Sehun? Ah, yes. Lots mistake me for him." he smiles. "Well, we're brothers who kind of resemble each other, so—"

"Wait, brothers?" Baekhyun gasped.

"You're Sehun's older brother?" Suho blinked.

"Yes." he nodded. "I am his older brother. Why? What do you need with him?" he asked with a great load of curiosity. "Are you in some... special stuff going in meetings or something like that? 'Cause the last time I checked, my brother had cut off his connections with his former bandmates."

"He did, but we're returning it now." Jonathan softly replied. "Perhaps you know where your younger brother is? We really need to find him. Really, really." he begged. "Please?"

For a moment there, he saw a glimpse of hesitation flash in Sehun's older brother. But sooner or later, he smiled and nodded. "Of course. His problems aren't exactly mine and based on your looks, you don't intend any harm to our little Sehunnie. Alright. He's in Jeju right now."

"Jeju?" Baekhyun gasped once more. "Never knew that kiddo would be a pre' luxurious free lancer after our disbandment!"

"He isn't, actually." his brother chuckled. "Sehun's just there for... a little mind peace. A vacation. Something like that."

The three paused before they exchanged glances.

"So, if Sehun's at Jeju, that's where we can begin, right? Get the youngest and drag him along." Baekhyun says as he crossed his arms and taps his foot. "Suho, you can take us there, right? At least if we head there now, we have one out of the missing ten. And who knows, Sehun might know where the others are."

"Why bother look for my brother anyway?" Sehun's brother questioned, somewhat curious and annoyed at the same time. "He left the group. That means he's not interested in the group itself, right? Besides, do you know how hurt my brother was back then? He cried. He even tried his best to glue you guys back once more. But what happened? He got more tattered and in the end, his dreams were crushed along with a family he has in the music industry—"

"It wasn't our fault." Suho frowned. "Things were never made to be perfect. We are one of those things. We are no exemption. I'm sorry that Sehun got hurt a lot. Really, but this time, we want to fix things."

"Then what? Break it in front of him again? Please, haven't you had enough for him already?"

"It's not—"

"Sir, please." Jonathan cuts in, begging with those sorrowful eyes of his. "It's not for the reason of bringing back EXO as whole, but for another beloved of ours. A beloved and dear person for you brother too. She's... being counted down. And we want her last wish to at least be true."

It needed no more words.

And he himself, Sehun's brother, finally agreed.

So, wasting no time, the three hurried back to their vehicle. Suho and Baekhyun were already running ahead of Jonathan. On the other side, the young man still has the image of his sick sister, eventually making his heart wrench painfully. The thought alone that his sister's death is inevitable and unpredictable make his stomach flip and chills run rapidly up and down his spine. It was an unpleasant feeling. 

He wanted it to go away.

"Oh, sorry." a voice suddenly said after a sudden force bumped his shoulder. He turned around, of course, only to see a capped stranger, whose face he can barely see. Jonathan saw something spark in this particular stranger. As if he knows this guy.

"Jonathan! Come on!" Jonathan hears Suho cry out from a distant. Of course, he was easily distracted and hurriedly ran towards him. Of course, the stranger could only watch as this "Jonathan" runs off.

And for a nanosecond of being dazed, another voice cried out behind this man.

"Chen! Let's go, we'll be late for the fansigning event."

Chen can only look around and nod.

"Alright." he smiles.