Yolo

Our EXO Dads: Cador [DISCONTINUED]

 

 

chapter fourteen: yolo

"do you need a reason for your actions?"   

 

 

"Aw, why can't we?"

"Because I said so. Don't be hard headed now, okay?"

"But I want to go!"

"Come on. You're supposed to be the eldest among us..."

Huiying had always felt her "youngest" image, but today was an exemption. With Hyerin suddenly acting all chidlish, Huiying had to deal with her big sister all alone. Well, with the fact that Jonathan is still in his "gather-up EXO" spree, she was left with their sister all alone. Hyerin had actually sensed that something was off since Jonathan hasn't been home for three days or so for quite a while now, and being the eldest among them three, she was slowly getting worried.  Being the smart sibling she was though, Huiying only kept her excuses up and that, for some reason, convinced Hyerin enough.

But this time, she was dealing with a different situation.

Of Hyerin whining to go to the orphanage.

"Why can't we go? I'm hella bored here and I can't go out because... paparazzi's!" Hyerin whined as she stomped her feet on the carpet they had purchased one time they went to Taiwan. It had this unique peacock-like design, and it intruiged Hyerin. It looked so... exquisiste, as she describes it. "I want to go somewhere, and you won't permit me to go anywhere else! I want to go to the orphanage!" she cried chidlishly.

"For the umpeenth time, eonni, no." Huiying breathed out, exhausted. "I just want you to rest, okay? The doctors prescribed you to have loads of rest."

"And I am. Stressing me out and keeping me bored will just worsen my situation." the eldest countered.

"How sure are we that you won't have those deadly headaches attacking you in the daylight of Seoul?" Huiying retorted back, holding Hyerin back. Her counter-attacks were always the best ones, and indeed, she was glad they were. It would always shut people up, and Hyerin nor Jonathan weren't an exemption. She can always silence her siblings with ease.  

"Why on earth won't you permit me to at least drop by the orphanage when you get to visit there always?" Hyerin pouted as she crossed her arms. "It's unfair, Huiying. You get to see the kids and auntie almost every second and I don't. Aren't you the one always inviting me to come along with you before to visit the orphanage, where we came from?" 

"Past is past, eonni. And the present now is you resting." Huiying pouted back, cuter than Hyerin's failed pout. 

Of course, seeing no chance that she'd win, Hyerin finally shuts up. Huiying, on the other side, was nodding in joy as she'd succeeded in making Hyerin finally listen to her.

But in reality, there was one reason the youngest didn't want Hyerin back at the orphanage.

If she learned or see Xiumin there, things might slip out of control.

And Jonathan hasn't come back nor contacted her yet. 

If ever that happens (Hyerin seeing Xiumin), things would crash. Things'll go out of control and be in utter chaos. Huiying can't bear to imagine such thing from happening, so she had to play it safe. She has to hold Hyerin back from coming back at the orphanage, from seeing Xiumin, and preventing a chaotic event from ever crashing. She had to play it safe, even if she knew that she was actually holding back Hyerin from her rights and wants, and even her needs. She had to play the bad police this time.

It was for the best anyway...

Right?

 

 

If there was anything running in Jonathan's mind right now, it was the thought on who they were to look for next.

With one suggestion of completing EXO-K first and foremost, since they've got four members namely Sehun, Suho, Baekhyun from EXO-K. They've got Chen, from EXO-M. Majority wins, so they target in completing the Korean sub-unit first.

But who do they target first?

Chanyeol? Maybe Kai? Or probably D.O? It was quite a hard decision.

"I think finding D.O-hyung would be easier." says Sehun as he crossed his arms. "Let's say he didn't change throughout the year. He's still the gentle, caring Kyungsoo we all know, and I bet he'd come with us with ease."

"But the hard thing is that they're in the States." Chen pouted as he eyes the younger. "Kyungsoo's currently an actor, have you heard? A Hollywood star, I must say, after we disbanded. He got into this pretty luxurious and prestigious company and now, he's like a golden star staring in all sorts of movies and dramas. Pretty much of our ol' D.O, right?"

"So, D.O's off the list for now, since he's in another country." Baekhyun says in the passenger's seat as he eyes those three crammed on the back seat. "We've got Chanyeollie and Jongin left. So—"

"Wait, wait, hol' up!" Sehun cried out as he tried to silence his growing laughter. "You still call Yeol-hyung as 'Chanyeollie'?" he giggled.

"He even calls him as simple 'Yeollie' whenever we talk backstage, did you know?" Suho shared, making Baekhyun's face redden. He must admit, he was the one who came up with such cutesy nickname for their former giant rapper, Chanyeol. The two had been bestfriends prior and during their active days, but the time they disbanded, or at least when Chanyeol left, they lost contact and appraently, their friendship weakened and soon, vanished. Still, this popularly known eyeliner-vocal still stuck with the nickname he calls Chanyeol with, as a sort of memory or such.

But it was pretty unpleasant to hear.

"Anyways!" Jonathan cried out from behind as he clapped his hands. "Back to the original topic on who to find first...?"

"Ah, right." Suho nodded, eyes on the road. "Go ahead."

"Both Yeollie and Kai are quite hard to locate, since well, we've got no idea on where those two hoodlums are." Baekhyun stated out as he crossed his arms and legs, sighing heavily. "We know one thing, though. Remember that time we discussed things on what could've happened to us if ever we didn't become idols? Chanyeollie once said he'd become someone of a music player. Something like a band member or something?"

"Now that I recall things, Kai never really said anything about himself. I bet he's a dance choreographer now! I mean, really," Chen smiled. "That kid's got the grooves!"

"So, we're practically suspecting Chanyeol-hyung to be some sort of band member while Kai, a choreo-teacher, right?" Sehun batted his eyes as he eyed the older ones, who nodded their heads. "Well then, finding Chanyeol-hyung might be easier. Well, I mean, if you're a band member, then you'll have popularity right? If you've got popularity growing, it's sure that some people knows you, right?"

"Sehun, you're a total genius!" Chen clapped his hands as he reached out to ruffle the younger's hair. "Well, let's begin the search, let's go ask people if they know where Chanyeol is!"

"I don't want to be an antagonist, appa, but..." Jonathan suddenly says before he points at the darkened skies, which were now painted with millions of twinkling stars and the bright moon. "Searching at night would be the least option we can do. I bet no one's even gonna entertain you if the sun had set."

"Aw, but the life's always hot at night!" Chen whined. "I'm sure we can ask."

"But first, we have to book ourselves a hotel room or something. A place where we can spend a night at?" Suho suggested as they finally made a turn at a hotel he'd been eyeing for quite some time now. The youngers can only obey the eldest amongst them and follow his instructions. Their car was now parked outside the towering building, which is the hotel they'd be staying in for the night. Suho had arranged himself of a room for five, which the management had given to him gladly in return, they'd receive an exclusive autograph from Suho, Baekhyun and of course, Chen. At some point, the management recognized the young Jonathan and eventually, they were given a better treatement, in exchange of a selca and an exclusive autograph from the Pandora Street member. Of course, Sehun won't be missed, right? 

Soon enough, they hurried to their room, made themselves at home and rested. Suho decided to have a good nap, after all that driving, that is. Baekhyun had decided to charge his now battery-low phone and other gadgets, such as his music player. Chen was busy laying down on the bed, savoring the soft bed which taunted him to go to sleep. Sehun and Jonathan had decided to buy ramen from downstairs, which was offered by a nearby grocery shop beside their hotel. 

"So, Chanyeol would be our next target, right?" Chen suddenly says as he eyed everyone, excluding Suho, who was now happily sleeping.

"Yup." everyone nodded.

"And by any means, how do we find him tomorrow?" Jonathan asks as he slurps his ramen heartily.

"We'll find a way. We've got to." Baekhyun stated out as he raises his eyes from his phone. The eyeliner he wore was now gone and washed away, leaving his fresh face alone. He still looked attractive though.

"So!" Sehun clapped his hand as he jolted up. "How about we walk around the city just to relieve the stress we're carrying for the whole day now? Doesn't that sound like a grand idea from a genius?"

"Sehun, there's nothing genius about you." baekhyun sassily responded, brows knitted. "And if you were to be a genius, you should know better that us, idols and former idols— which is you— should not carelessly roam around the city like this." he said, pointing at himself and afterwards, at them. "People would go bananas for us! They'd chase us down! Y'know, sasaengs never really die. And I'm sure Jonathan here has some too, right?"

"A few, yes." the youngest nodded.

"See?"

"But come on." Sehun pouted. "We've been driving for too long. At least the last thing we can do is enjoy for a bit, right?" he whined. "I haven't felt freedom for forever already!"

"You're living a completely normal life after we disbanded!" Chen countered. "You're the only non-idol member among us five, Oh Sehun!"

"Still!"

"Let him be, appa." Jonathan smiled cheekily before he stood up and grabbed his jacket. "I guess a quick walk won't hurt, right? Besides, we haven't hung around comfortably since we began this searching thing. The last thing we can do is indeed, relax. It won't hurt nor be dangerous."

"You are bonkers." Baekhyun glared.

"Aw, don't be a sassy beagle you are now, appa." he grinned as he eyed Baekhyun. "So, let's go for a walk?"

As if his voice had some sort of charm, Chen and Baekhyun finally arrived a few cutesy asks and questioning sessions. Baekhyun and Chen hurriedly grabbed a beanie and glasses, just to avoid their cover from being seen. Sehun did the same before he went to Suho, telling the half-awake soloist that they'd be going off for a few minutes. Suho made an incohorent "okay" in the middle of his grunting and whines in sleep, which sounded like an "okay" to Sehun. Afterwards, the four finally moved off.

The night was pretty much calming, as what they've first expected it. The place was clad in numerous colorful lights. The last time any of them had ever even seen this was a long, long time. Those times they can just walk along the streets without hoarding attention to themselves. It's been quite a long time now. Even Sehun hasn't lived a normal life even after he quit being an idol.

"The last time we went around like this all together has been quite a time now, right?" Jonathan suddenly says as he walks beside Baekhyun. Everyone feltlight and quite glad. The whole road-trip thing had tired them quite greatly.

"Last time? I do recall we walked like this when you were just... this tall." Chen grinned as he placed his hand at his jaw-line. Yes, for a thirteen-year old boy back then, Jonathan appeared tall and quite more mature for his young age. "And we were walking along as a complete twelve, and with two small girls too."

Hyerin and Huiying.

"I miss them." Sehun pouted.

"Well, I can assure you, the girls are fine." Jonathan smiled. "They actually miss you guys, especially Hyerin."

"Now, you're just making me die to meet 'em already." Baekhyun pouted. 

As soon as they were happily walking around, two girls, rather in a lousy outfit, something in between hip-hop or some sort, hurriedly paced beside them, even bumping to Chen throughout their hurried running. Driven by curiosity, Sehun had accidentally heard what the two were talking.

"Have you heard? Madness is performing underground tonight!"

"I know! Gosh, I'm excited! I'll be seeing Chan-Y again!"

Chan-Y?

Sehun would be quite a dumb kind if he couldn't make it out who the girls were refering to.

"Guys," Sehun softly calls out, nudging Chen and Baekhyun and grabbing Jonathan by his shoulder. "Let's follow those lassies."

"Sehun." Baekhyun glared. "You've got a girlfriend already! Sheesh, control your hormones, can you?"

"That's not what I meant! I heard their conversation." 

"Wow, an eavesdropper now, huh?" Chen snickered.

"No!" Sehun hissed. "They mentioned this underground stuff called Madness. And well, I don't know if I'm hearing things, but they called this guy as 'Chan-Y'."

"So?" jonathan blinked.

"Chan-Y! Sheesh, Chan-Y! Isn't it obvious?" Sehun groaned. "Chan-Y would be something near Chanyeol, right?"

Something sparked in everyone.

"Let's go!" baekhyun cried as they secretly followed the two gothic-dressed girls down the darkness.

 

 

That could've been the best thing they've done.

After following them for a few minutes, the four found themselves entering a secret underground party. There were no guards, thankfully, since well, underground rappers and underground performances weren't really illegal, so even if a police officer enters, there won't be any harm done. Besides, they're just performing their golden talents, or maybe polishing their hobbies or they just have nothing to do. Drugs aren't welcomed here neither. So really, this was safe.

There was a banner that caught Jonathan's eye. A banner with a sleeky writing that says "Madness" in English texts. It had this graffiti-like theme and was indeed eye-catching.

The inside of this underground party was nothing but something comparable to a messy disco. Lights flickered here and there and there was noise that enveloped the place. A lively party, indeed. 

A stage with a red light was first to greet them.

"This seems dangerous." Jonathan mumbles as  he grips tightly behind Sehun. "Are you sure we'll find Chanyeol-appa here?" he trembled.

"Not really." Baekhyun sighs. "But we've gotta take a risk, yeah? If we want to find Yeollie, we've got to enter these kinds of places."

"Besides," Chen added. "We do think Chanyeol would be in these kinds of places, right?"

Jonathan wasn't able to reply any sooner when he heard an announcer saying something on the stage. It was quite slurry for him to understand, but when the sound of drums rung in his ears, he knew that a mad performance was starting. The red light on stage soon flickered in different colors of blue, green, violet and so. It was quite not so eye friendly. Jonathan had to squint his eyes to make the images in front of him clearer. 

And there it was.

Five people were on stage, giving off a performance the audience were begging for. The sound of rock and an excellent rap with powerful vocals echoed through. The sound of the electric guitar, the drumsticks hitting the cymbals every now and then, the bass guitar accompanying the rhythm, everything was on point.

But what caught the four's attention was not the vocalist, nor the guitarist, nor he bassists.

The drummer.

With his burning red-colored hair (os so Sehun thinks it is), the well-developed muscles on his arms shown thanks to his black sleeveless top, his sharp and burning gaze, the sweat trailing down his forehead and chin, they could easily figure who this is.

A face they've been too used to. 

Jonathan's eyes welled with tears again.

He didn't know why, because he couldn't exactly see the way the other three were seeing. (no thanks to his eyes being completely weak in the dark or in dim environment). But he felt tears trickling down his cheeks.

And without knowing, his voice croaked a name out.

"Chanyeol-appa!"

The performance stopped and all eyes were suddenly on him. Being a popular idol member he is, it didn't take much time ofr one of the audience to call Jonathan and recognize him. Baekhyun and the other two hurriedly panicked, gathering such unwanted attention all of the sudden. Chen had slapped his hand over Jonathan's mouth and tried to make the four of them disappear in the darkness, but alas, they've been seen.  

Time somewhat stopped when Sehun saw the red-haired drummer stand from his place, eyes suddenly glued at them. 

His expression was dark and one could say he was unamused.

"Who dared to ruin the performance?" he asks in a low voice. That darn low-voice of his still hasn't changed.  "Who dared?! Speak up already, y'punk!" 

The sudden accent in his tone surprised the four. Chanyeol, or so they think that's who this red-hair is, never spoke with an accent of some sort. BUt the way he was speaking now...

No, maybe it was because of the underground spirit influence or some sort.

"You four!" he called out, pointing at Jonathan and the other three. "Who the hell're you to come crashin' at our party? And an idol? In our club? Get 'outta here! You ain't welcomed in the underground world, kid'o!"

Jonathan was speechless.

"Hey, leader Chan, calm down." one of the bassists whispered to him as they tapped his shoulder. "These kiddo's probably got lost. Take it easy on 'em, will you?"

"I ain't forgiving some crashers ruin our party!"

Jonathan was too welled up with emotions.

"Chanyeol-appa?" he calls out, surprising the audience when the younger called their known Chan-Y as dad and as his real name. "That's you, right? Tell me it's you! You're Park Chanyeol of EXo before, right?"

Time stopped running.

"The 're you saying?" Chanyeol laughed, running fingers through his hair. "What kind of trash is EXO? But hell yeah, I'm Park Chanyeol. The great one!" he boasted.

For some reason, this was not the Chanyeol they were expecting to see. All rock-styled, eyeliner on his eyes, hair dyed in red, this was not who they knew. They didn't even knew that their former dorky rapper would be a hunk drummer who plays and talks dirty! This was not who they can imagine Chanyeol be.

"Don't talk like that to Jonathan!" Baekhyun shouted, anger consuming him bit by bit. "This is your son too, Park Chanyeol! Stop acting like that!"

"Acting like what?" Chanyeol glared. "Y'know what, I don't even know you people and you suddenly say what I am supposed to do? What trashes. What crap! I'm leaving!"

There was a sound of disappointment in the audience as Chanyeol leaves the place, angry eeys burning holes into the four. Who caers if they're idols or former idols or whatever? They ruined the most-awaited performance.

This was not the situation they were expecting.

"What's going on?" Jonatha breathed out with difficulty. 

The world was going black for him.

And the next thing he knew was that Sehun was crying out his name, Baekhyun called out for Chanyeol, and Chen holding hims tight before he felt something hard hit his back and the world, go black.


 

[A/N] 

    First of, I want to say that I'm super sorry for updating so slow. School's nearly ending, and as much as possible, I can get back on my pace in studying and so. I do promise that I'll keep updating as much as possible though! 

   Second, I'd like to thank you guys for the constant comments and subscribing! (welcome new readers!). Keep telling me what you think as the story's going so I'd know what and which to improve and add, and also to continuously get inspired. 

Third, I've added something new per chapter! You see the title in the chapter page itself? (Ex: chapter fourteen: yolo <--- that one). Click on it and I do advise you to listen to the linked audio. Listen to it while reading and I could assure you that it'll bring up the emotions more. 

Fourth! (shameless advertising, i know) I need your help guys! Fellow A.R.M.Y's and Starlights, assemble! I've got this fanfic revolving around VIXX and Bangtan boys entitled The Way of Living. <--- I've left a link there, feel free to click! It upsets me that there are a few readers on it, so, mind if you take your time and read, drop by a comment or something? :)

 And lastly! Keep on tuning out for the next chapter. because the almightly Yeol had finally arrived. Hit that subscribe, upvote maybe, and drop your comments too! 사랑해요, lovelies!