Best Luck

Our EXO Dads: Cador [DISCONTINUED]

 

 

chapter thirteen: best luck

"i'll promise, i'll care for you even if time passes and everything changes"   

 

 

With Sehun successfully garnered in their travel, the now four-membered search team heads to the next destination to hopefully  recruit the fifth member: Chen.

"So, by any chances, where do you think Chen-hyung is laying around?" Seun asks in curiosity as he leans back, crossing his arms and legs as he eyes Baekhyun, who was busy scanning something in his cellphone. "Perhaps you've got a plan, right? On how to bring the rest together?"

"Not exactly, but we know where Chen is." Baekhyun smirked as he showed his phone to Sehun and Jonathan. The two squinted their eyes to read the words flashing from the older's phone and when the words finally made sense, Jonathan jumped in joy, causing his head to bump at the car's roof. Seeing this, Suho hurriedly puts the car on stop, parking it on the side as fast as possible.

"Sheesh, you okay, Jonathan?" Suho worriedly asks.

"Who in this sane words jolts up all of the sudden when they're inside a car, to start with?" Sehun pouted as he pats the younger's head. "Are you okay?" 

"I think so." Jonathan laughs, recalling his idiotic action that he had just done seconds ago. "I'm fine. I didn't crack my skull now, did I?"

"Just worrying." Sehun smiled before he ruffles the younger's head as he gestures Suho to continue driving.

Beforehand, Jonathan actually felt the nice and warm after the three appeared all worried and caring for him. It's been years since he actually felt these "fathers" convey their emotions and love to the three of them. Unfortunately, it's just him. It's just him whose emotions of the three were being conveyed to, but hopefully, sooner or later, his sisters would feel them too. For now, he's going to spoil himself in the sea of his "fathers'" care and love and all sweetness not said.

"So, you managed to locate Chen now, right?" Suho asks as he side-eyes Baekhyun, who was still locked on his cellphone. "Where is he at this time?"

"For now, he's heading to his fansigning event." Baekhyun replies as he scans his phone. "At Seongnam. We've got quite a long road to take, Suho."

"Hey, I'm still older than you. Honorifics, please!"

"D'aw, I thought we settled down the formalities back then?"

"That's before. Even Sehun here still calls me 'hyung'!"

"Who says, Suho?" Sehun teased, giggling at the back seat.

"What did you just— who taught you to be disrespectful and all, you lil' runt?!"

"I'm sassy since debut, excuse you~"

Jonathan could only giggle.

But more or less, excited and anxious.

He was going to meet another ex-EXO member in a matter of hours. 

And based on his past results, he's going to make sure that he's going to succeed. He has to. 

 

 

Sehun wasn't exactly sure when he was last involved in such a thick crowd nor has he seen such thick crowd in front of his very eyes. It was something both new yet something typical for him now. The thick crowd, the ear-deafening screams, the way they were squeezing through just to find Chen was suddenly so new to him. It was as if yesterday, he was still an active EXO member and was struggling his way through the airport. It was like yesterday that fans were swooning over him, trying to get the perfect place to take a picture or at least to reach and hold his garments or arms or whatever part they can reach.

And now, it all suddenly seemed new.

"You guys still get these kinds of hoarding, hyungs?" Sehun decided to ask as he eyes Baekhyun and Suho, who were rather formulating a plan on how they can sneak through with ease and at the same time, go unnoticed. 

"Of course. It's a part of our lives. We're still idols, you know." Suho smiles as he gets a classic cap and sunglasses from his bag. "And it's still hectic."

"I'm glad I'm not experiencing any of that now." Sehun smiles mockingly before he receives the beanie and glasses Baekhyun had offered him. As if it were their first time to roam around again after debut, Sehun excitedly dresses himself up, wearing a sweater enough to hide his top and not that eye-catching for the rest to notice.

Suho and Baekhyun, and Jonathan too, were used to these camouflage-thingies already. Being famous idols they are now, that is. Suho and Baekhyun, being former EXO members, were garnering an active attention from the public up until now. Jonathan is the renowned rapper of a hit group, Pandora Street, and being famous as it is, the public would go bananas upon seeing a member roaming around. What more if it were to roam around along with former EXO members?

And to add the fact that they were here for a former EXO member too. 

It would be total chaos.

Pure chaos. It'll be much worse than that of the apocalypse!

And they'll appear in the television.

And Hyerin will see.

Then, the surprise will be gone.

That's horrible to imagine.

Jonathan couldn't imagine the horror, so with his brains— which were not specifically better than what Huiying wields—, he began to formulate a better plan. Surely, this kind of disguise is too obvious and the public's attention would fall more on them. They'll get noticed eventually, so he had to formulate a better plan.

Then it hits him.

That one thing Hyerin and Huiying had done to him back then, just so he can roam around freely while the two of them were busy themselves. That one "tactic" the two females formulated together so they would be assured that Jonathan would be safe and sound, and most especially, unnoticed by fans in the public.

"I've got a plan. We're screwing this kind of disguise." Jonathan suddenly says as he eyes everyone. Sprinting back at Suho's vehicle, he grabs his bag, which by any chances, had everything they needed for his plan. "Well, two of us would screw this kind of disguise while the other two will retain their glasses-and-hoodies disguise."

"What's running in your mind, oh smart one?" Baekhyun jokingly asks as he eyes Jonathan. "I always thought you were only the 'mature' sibling, not the 'smart' sibling. Wasn't that supposed to be Huiying's title."

"That doesn't mean I've got no brains anymore." Jonathan smirks. "Okay, so here's the deal. Me and Baekhyun-appa are throwing the glasses-hoodies disguise. Sehun-appa and Suho-appa gets to retain it."

"Bummer." Sehun pouted. "I was looking forward to disguising ourselves!"

"Sheesh, I'm sure you won't regret the fact that you had to retain this." Jonathan giggled before he eyed Baekhyun.

For some reason, Baekhyun knew what was going to happen next.

 

 

"Yup, I am not regretting the fact that I didn't throw this disguise." Sehun snickered uncontrollably as he eyed Baekhyun and Jonathan.

Apparently, the "disguise" Jonathan had formulated was to pretend as girls. Not exactly "girls-girls" type, but at least make their faces and their appeal feminine. Thank goodness Jonathan had brought along a wig and some hair extensions for him and Baekhyun to use. They didn't bother doing make-up since, well, they were still going to use sunglasses and all. No hair accessories were needed neither, well not much. Baekhyun and him had decided to screw the hoodies or beanies or even the caps since, well, that would be too obvious.

Apparently, Baekhyun is dressed in a long, wavy golden-brown wig, tied expertly by Jonathan into two, low pigtails. The bangs were long enough, so they nicely covered his eyes. Thank his rather feminine features, he can camouflage well. His appeal, his facial features, his build, everything shouted feminine from this guy. No wonder he was always a "mother" figure as the fans had called him. The mother of GOT7's Bambam and of Bangtan Boys' V. He was always a "mom" or a "big sister", or something female. 

Jonathan, on the other side, being not a first-timer, wore extensions instead. His short, hazelnut-colored hair has been made longer, up until tthree of four inches below shoulder length. His bangs weren't exactly long enough to cover his eyes, so he has no choice but to wear glasses, at least to lessen the emphasis of his eyes. As what Hyerin used to say, the eyes are one man's identity. It'll be easy to spot Jonathan with just a glimpse of those eyes.

"Again, why do I get to wear this kind of disguise?" Baekhyun began to whine as he points at his wig. His lips were pursed, and no thanks to his wig, Baekhyun actually looked "feminine". "This is so unfair! I am perfectly manly inside and outside!" he wails.

"Puh-leese, you always scream like a girl back then when we used to go to haunted houses or to any scary attractions!" Suho laughed before he nudged Baekhyun. "And you once cross-dressed too!"

"That was prior debut!"

"Still!"

"Like you didn't when you danced 'Something'! You looked horrid!"

"Exactly. And you look fitting in that way. Now, quit whining and let's head to find Chen, shall we?"

Baekhyun was, therefore silenced. Jonathan, on the other hand, had adjusted well to his now feminine character. He acted all differently as they squeezed through the crowd, being one with the fans as they cheered along when Chen showed himself. Now, one by one, the guards lets the lucky fans go through and have a one-on-one talk and meeting with the popular singer. Chen, on the other side, looked natural and smiled at them sweetly and even told them cheering messages. Everything was fine.

But beyond that, the four of them noticed stuffs beyond the public's eyes.

Chen felt lonely. He felt anxious. He continuously fidgetted.

"He's nervous." Baekhyun pouted as he eyes Chen. "Look at his hand! He's trembling!"

"You know him well, don't you?" Jonathan smiled.

"Well, duh." Sehun answered. "We're, like, groupmates for years. It'll be weird if we can't read each other like an open book! And Chen-hyung's like the easiest to read. Geez, I miss that camel." he sighs.

"We'll be meeting him soon, Sehun." Suho assures before he notices that it was nearing Jonathan and Baekhyun's turn.

As planned, the two cross-dressers were the only ones getting their chance to meet Chen near. Well, it'll be weird for fanboys, right? Sehun and Suho would just have to stay put and stay on guard. 

"Excuse me," one of the guards called out to Baekhyun and Suho. Upon hearing the offical's voice, Baekhyun turned around. One strict instruction was that Baekhyun and Jonathan wouldn't speak. Well, ladies are expected to have high voices and alas, the two, despite fitting the female's physique, sound like dudes. Complete dudes. "Are you going too?" the guard asked.

"Ah, she is." Suho hurriedly replies, nodding his head.

"And you are...?"

"Her... erm, b-boyfriend!" Suho lies, making Baekhyun choke on his own spit. "My girlfriend here is, well, a big fan of Chen. Unfortunately, she's got a sore throat so she can't talk. Is she still allowed up?"

"Of course." the guard nodded before Baekhyun heads up. Next, the guard approaches Sehun and Jonathan, who were next in line after Baekhyun. Like what he did to Suho and Baekhyun, he asked the two the same questions.

"She's my younger cousin." Sehun smiled comfortably before he nudges Jonathan. "Go ahead, Jinmi, Chen's up there for you to officially meet live!" he giggles.

Jonathan blinked at the sudden name Sehun had given him. Perhaps, that's his female name now. Nodding happily, carrying out the typical excited female fan character, Jonathan easily caught up with Baekhyun, who was now about to initiate a conversation with Chen.

Expertly, the two had brought along a merchandise fitting for this fansigning. If it weren't an album, which Suho had purchased to show his support for his previous group member, it would be a poster or a gift they had brought at the last minute. "Why, you two are too kind." Chen giggled as he happily received the gift Baekhyun had given him. Next, he eyed Jonathan. "You must be a fan, hm? You've brought an album along."

Jonathan can only nod. He musn't speak. 

"What's wrong?" Chen worriedly asks as he eyed the younger. "... You don't want to speak?'

Like a mute person, Jonathan gestured to his throat, pretending to say something. Easily, Chen nodded. "Ah, you lost your voice for now? Sore throated?"

Jonathan nodded again. "I hope you recover well." Chen smiled warmly. It's been years since Jonathan had seen that smile face-to-face. He wanted to cry. Noticing this, Baekhyun looked at him and secretly nudged him. When the atmosphere was finally simmered down and the fans were too busy screaming for Chen, the guards busy tending the other fans, Baekhyun carefully turned around to look at Suho and Sehun. He saw them gesturing at him to do it.

As if his voice had returned, Baekhyun eyed Chen and parted his lips. "Jongdae," he calls out, his masculine voice coming out. It would be expected that Chen would be shocked to hear such fair lady wield a masculine voice. Right ebfore Chen could even react, Baekhyun spoke again. "Whatever happens, don't panic. This is me, Baekhyun."

One name, a thousand emotions coarsed through.

"B-Baekhyu—"

"Ssh! The guards might hear!" Baekhyun shushed softly as he secretly side-eyes one near guard. "Look, we need you to come with us right now. Pronto."

"... Wa-wait, are you abducting me?"

"Not if you don't think it that way. We need you to come along with us. We don't need much time, but we've got a plan on the go. We're reuniting the whole EXO."

"W-what?!"

"Okay, times up, ladies. There are other fans waiting behind the line." one guard says as he tapped Jonathan's shoulder. Panicking, Jonathan nervously eyes Chen, then Baekhyun, then the guard. Gesturing him as if he can't talk, Jonathansignals the guard to wait. Of course, the guard then begins to bargain with the young man— lady. Baekhyun sees this and grabs Chen's hand.

"Jongdae, there's not much time to explain. You need to come along with us, now." Baekhyun pleaded.

"B-but the event. I can't just leave, Baek!"

"Ladies, times up—"

"Can you please just give us one minute?!" Baekhyun finally snaps as he grabs Chen's hand tightly before he stands up and drags the singer behind. Jonathan hurriedly runs behind him and the guards panic. Unfortunately, the two were easily caught, and that's where Suho and Sehun took action. The crowd hurriedly grew in panic, seeing Chen suddenly, or seemingly, being taken away. They began screaming profanities and other things as the guards tended on the four.

There were screaming, kicking, and finally.

Baekhyun's wig coming off. Then, Suho's glasses. Then, Sehun's cap and glasses. It was Jonathan alone who was safe as Sehun and Baekhyun were busy protecting the younger.

"Wait... isn't that Baekhyun?"

"That's Suho!"

"... Oh my go— is that Sehun?! Sehun from EXO?!"

The crowd went wild. Instead of siding with the guards, they began to tear the officials away from the three. Jonathan was now teary eyed due to fear. Suho was busy tending on the boy while Chen was rather dumbfounded by his former groupmates' appearance in his event. "W-what are you guys here for?" Chen gasped.

"We need you pronto, Chen." Suho begged. "No time to explain, just come alon—"

"If you take me, this will be called abducting! You'll be jailed!" Chen countered before he eyes the guards. "Please! Leave them alone! They mean no harm. They are my previous groupmates. They are former members of EXO, the same group I came from." As if his voice was magic, the guards hurriedly obeyed and tended on the wild crowd instead. Chen was still finding it hard to cope with the sudden events and with teary eyes, he eyes his groupmates.

"I know you're confused, Jongdae, but please," Baekhyun pleaded weakly. "This is urgent. You need to come along with us. Hyerin... she needs us."

That particular name somewhat hits Chen. "What happened? What happened to our daughter?" he panicked.

"She's in a crucial state. She's..." Sehun hesitated before he eyed the older. "Hyerin... has brain tumor. A severe case of brain tumor and she needs us more than anything now! She needs the twelve of us again." 

Chen found breathing hard. The air was suddenly thick before he feels tears running down his cheeks. Suho easily noticed this and hurriedly tended the younger, grabbing a handkerchief and wiping his tears. "Now, now, why're you crying?"

"I just... I never knew that this moment would ever come. You guys asking everyone to be reunited." Chen sobbed. "I... I was never willing to give up on the group, Joonmyeon. I never wanted us to part ways."

Suho could only tear up as well as he hugs the younger, shushing him from his uncontrollable sobs. Despite the disfute behind them caused by the roaring fans and the guards, the emotion they were feeling surfaced and the five were in their own world. "I never wanted EXO to disband. Do you have any idea on how much I cried when I went back home after we went off our own ways? I cried for three days straight, and add the extra five hours! I barely ate and I grew thin because of that." Chen weeped as he gripped tightly on Suho. "I never... wanted my brothers to leave. I felt helpless, y'know? I felt weak and I had no one to—"

"It's okay. We're here now, aren't we?" Suho comforted. "But more than that, one certain lady needs us more. So...—"

"I don't even think she'd like to see me." Chen sniffled.

"Why on earth not?" Sehun blinked.

"I was a failure as a brother and as a father," the vocalist explained in between tears. "I failed to comfort her. I failed to congratulate her whole-heartedly when Pandora Street first debuted. I wasn't there when her groupmates left her one by one. I wasn't there beside her to at least give her a pat on the back or to at least hug her while she cries all her worries out. I failed you guys too. I didn't take a stand when we were told to disband. I didn't fight. I grew weak and I gave up on the fear that was swallowing me. I—"

"Enough. We long forgave you." Baekhyun smiled.

"You've got no idea on how much I wanted to cry everytime we ran by each other at the Music Bank or at Ingikayo, or even at M-Countdown." the vocalist sniffled. "On how much I wanted to suddenly hug you. I thought... you guys were angry at me."

"We never were." Suho smiled. "Well, we were at each other before, but now, the anger's gone, okay? Nothing to worry now."

"So, are you coming along?" Sehun smiled.

"... Of course!" Chen nodded before he eyes one guard. He secretly calls him, tells him that he's leaving and leaves a strict message to tell the rest of the guards to not give any information if ever the media asks. He even instructed the same guard to tell the fans to do the same. He's sure that his fans were obedient enough, right?

All together, the five fled from the scene. 

And Chen never felt happier.

 

 

"So, who's our next target this time?" Chen asks as he eyes Suho while he scoots in the backseat. 

"Who knows?" Sehun smiles as he eyes the older. "But as of now, I'd like to complete EXO-K more. I bet all of EXO-M are in China, being Chinese they are, that is."

"Then it's either Chanyeol or Kai, right?" Baekhyun asks as he thinks of the location they'd head to next. 

"Say, I know this is weird, but whose sister or cousin or whatever relationship you have with this girl, but who is she?" Chen asks as he points at Jonathan, who was still wearing glasses and those hair extensions. All together, the other three former EXO members began laughing uncontrollably. "What? What's so funny?!"

"I officially proclaim that Jonathan is well-fitting to be a lady!" Baekhyun chortled.

"And his name will now be Lee Jinmi!" Sehun cheered.

"Wait, Jonathan?" Chen gasped as he watches the young man remove his glasses and extensions. 

"Yup, it's me, appa." Jonathan smiled, expecting the other to cry tears of joy after being reunited with him.

Unfortunately, it was wrong.

Since Chen began laughing.

"What.... what are you laughing at?" Joanthan blinked in confusion.

"You look like a girl, Jo!" Chen laughed. "Never knew you'd be a flower boy when you got older!" 

Well, a troll never dies, right?