Cherish: Luhan/Yixing

Words Aren't Enough

Yixing doesn't realize how much he actually needs Luhan.


“Luhan ge! Luhan ge! Luhan ge?”

 

Luhan raises his head slowly from the pillow, blinking his eyes sleepily. He hadn’t exactly been sleeping-more like dozing off-but being awoken so suddenly is still not ideal.

 

“What-what is it?” he asks, suppressing a yawn as he blinks again, struggling to see who is standing by his bed side.

 

“I’m sorry ge, I didn’t know you were sleeping.” Yixing bows his head in apology, feeling a little bad.

 

Luhan waves it away, sitting up from his bed as he stretches his arms above his head and yawns again. “Don’t worry about it. What’s wrong?”

 

“It’s just that I lost something.”

 

Luhan resists the urge to roll his eyes. Typical. He wonders what it is this time. “What’d you lose?” It’s so normal now for Yixing to lose things that Luhan doesn’t even question it anymore. It’s just become a habit.

 

“My wallet. I don’t know where my wallet is.” Yixing looks almost like a little puppy and Luhan can’t resist that.

 

“Okay. Okay, we’ll find it.” The elder stands up from the bed, blood rushing to his head quickly. He knows the others aren’t here to interrupt their search; that’s the whole reason he wanted to get some sleep in the first place, was because he knew it was going to be quiet in the dorm.

 

“It’s fine if you don’t want to ge, I can do it myself,” Yixing starts to protest, following the other out of the bedroom. “Really, you don’t have to.”

 

Luhan shrugs. “I’m already awake now so there’s really no point.” He stops in the middle of the kitchen, a little unsure about how to do this.

 

He doesn’t know why but whenever Yixing loses anything, Luhan is always the first one he comes to for help. It couldn’t be just because Luhan had been the one to find Yixing’s passport that the dancer had left in a hotel room. That was one time.

 

But apparently Yixing had taken it to heart and now seeks Luhan out to find anything he’s lost.

 

“Do you remember where you last had it?”

 

Yixing furrows his forehead, trying to think. “Maybe when we went out on our day off? Or maybe when we can back from the fan-signing?”

 

Luhan sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose. “Okay. That narrows it down. Kind of. Where have you already checked?”

 

“The living room, my room, your room, and the bathroom.” Yixing counts them off on his fingers, trying to remember. “I think that’s it.”

 

“Okay. You search those two rooms,” Luhan says, pointing down the hall. “And I’ll get the closet and the laundry room.” He doesn’t feel the need to add he’ll also look over the places Yixing’s already checked. It’s not that he doesn’t trust him, but as observant as Yixing can be to others, sometimes he is so oblivious when it comes to searching.

 

“Thanks ge!” Yixing grins at him as he goes off to search in the other bedroom. He turns on the light and starts to look through all the piles on the desk and bookshelves.

 

He really is grateful to Luhan for this. He had known the elder was tired and wanted sleep, but of course Luhan would offer to help him search anyway. It’s just the kind of person Luhan is.

 

He is the second-eldest, so he seems to put everyone else before himself, no matter what. He denies it of course, saying it doesn’t make him ‘manly’ or something, but Yixing knows it’s just in the elder’s nature.

 

He doesn’t know how much he actually relies on that.

 

Luhan is the one to steady him when he feels like he’s slipping. He’s the first one to remind Yixing of anything he forgot, almost taking on a nagging tone when Yixing can’t remember it.

 

He doesn’t blame him for forgetting things either. Not that the others do that of course, but Luhan just takes it in stride and merely repeats it, even if he’s done it three times already.

 

And he cherishes it. No one else has really been like that but Luhan does it in the best way possible.

 

“Did you wear those gray jeans last week?” calls Luhan from the closet and Yixing looks up from the drawer he’s pawing through.

 

“Maybe? Which ones?”

 

“The ones with zippered pockets.”

 

“I think so. Possibly. Probably.” Even from the other room, Yixing can still hear the other’s sigh but he knows Luhan is smiling as well, able just to tell.

 

“Well then I found it.”

 

Yixing leaves the bedroom happily, joining Luhan where he’s standing in the middle of the closet, holding a pair of jeans in one hand and the dancer’s wallet in the other.

 

“Thanks Luhan ge! Where was it?”

 

“In the pocket of your jeans. You’re lucky no one’s washed them yet.”

 

“That makes so much sense.” Yixing smiles, remembering that’s exactly where he had left it. That was where he had put it and then forgotten to take it out. “Thanks ge!” He reaches for it but Luhan holds it higher, out of Yixing’s range as the younger tries to grab for it.

 

Luhan waggles a finger at him. “I’m taking charge of it right now and you’ll get it back later.”

 

“But ge,” pouts Yixing. He’s not that incompetent. But he supposes it is in his own best interests if Luhan holds onto it now. “Thanks anyway.

 

“You’re welcome. You know, I’m kind of hungry,” Luhan says, tossing the jeans to the ground and leaving the closet, the younger following.  “Let’s go out for something.”

 

“I’ll pay,” offers Yixing quickly. Luhan has already done enough for him. What more does the elder need to do?

 

“Of course you will,” Luhan winks at him, a sparkle in his eye “but I’ll be the one holding onto the wallet to pay with your money.”


A/N: Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Think of this as a gift from me to you <3
 
I actually really love their relationship. Or any relationship with Luhan in it. Ops. is my bias showing?