Deter: Luhan/Baekhyun

Words Aren't Enough

When Luhan needs to be focused and Baekhyun’s doing all he can to stop that.


“Hyung! Hyung! Luhan hyung!”    

Luhan closes his eyes for the briefest of moments before pasting a smile on and turning around in his chair. “Yes?”

 

“What’cha doing?” Baekhyun plops down beside him and Luhan gestures to the paper in his hands.

 

“What do you think?”

 

“Practicing?”

 

“There it is.”

 

“But why? We’re free the rest of today.”

 

Luhan looks down at the paper. “Being free doesn’t mean we don’t have to practice.”

 

“Oh hyung.” Baekhyun laughs lightly. “So devoted. So wise. So cute.”

 

“I’m manly,” protests Luhan, scowling. “How many times do I have to tell you that?”

 

“Until it’s actually true.”

 

“Did you need something?”

 

Baekhyun thinks for a moment then shrugs. “No. Not particularly. Just wanted to see you.”

 

Fantastic reasoning. Luhan puts the paper down and stands up, Baekhyun rising as well though he doesn’t know why.

 

“Well now you’ve seen me. So if you could just-” Luhan tries to push the younger towards the door but he won’t budge.

 

“Hyung!” he gasps dramatically and Luhan barely resists from rolling his eyes. Here we go. “Is that any way to treat your dongsaengs?”

 

“We don’t have dongsaengs in China,” Luhan retorts, pushing at Baekhyun harder. For someone so small, he really is hard to move.

 

“But you have them here. And-”

 

“Thank you, Baekhyun-ah.” Luhan successfully manages to shove Baekhyun out of the room and closes the door before the younger can turn around.

 

“But hyung-”

 

“Go find one of the others,” Luhan calls through the door. He hears Baekhyun huff and turn away and imagines him crossing his arms or stomping his foot, in true Baekhyun fashion.

 

Once he’s gone, Luhan breathes out and settles back in his chair, picking the paper up once again. “Where was I?”

 

It’s been maybe half an hour before Baekhyun is back. Honestly, Luhan’s a little surprised. He thought it would have happened sooner.

 

There’s a knock at the door. “Hyung?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Are you still practicing?”

 

Have you not heard me? “Yeah. Why?”

 

“Oh. Just wondering.”

 

Luhan doesn’t know what to think when he hears the footsteps start to walk away. Baekhyun never gives up that easily. He has to be planning something.

And when Baekhyun’s planning something, Luhan never wants to be on the end of it.

 

Sighing, he tries to block it out of his mind for now. Whatever will happen will happen and he can’t stop it. Stopping Baekhyun is impossible, especially if

he’s setting his mind to it.

 

Though Luhan doesn’t know why he wants to annoy him so badly. He’s not being that interesting, just practicing. Whatever.

 

Ten minutes later a knock sounds and Luhan freezes. “Luhan hyung?”

 

Luhan stops and stares, debating whether or not to open it. “What is it?”

 

“Can I come in?”

 

“Why?”

 

There’s a pause.

 

“The dorm’s on fire.”

 

“Next.”

 

“I’m hungry.”

 

“You’re a grown man.”

 

“They’re trying to kill me.”

 

“Pass.”

 

“I’m out of eyeliner!”

 

“Anything else?”

 

“You’re manly!”

 

“That’s more like it.” Luhan chuckles and opens the door, Baekhyun barging in quickly and jumping on Luhan’s bed.

 

“Okay, is it actually anything serious?” Luhan checks, sighing to himself when Baekhyun starts to arrange some of the stuffed animals he keeps on his bed. They’re fan gifts, he always protests.

 

“Hm.” Baekhyun starts to put them on top of one another in a giant stack of fluffiness. “I mean, not really.”

 

“Is it ever anything serious with you?”

 

“I take offense to that.”

 

Luhan waits, pinching the bridge of his nose. “So, if you’re just going to-”

 

“I’m bored, okay?”

 

“I’m supposed to entertain you?” Luhan quirks an eyebrow and Baekhyun hurries to explain.

 

“Not like that, okay? I like you hyung, I like spending time with you and everything. I am bored but if I’m bothering you-I just wanted to be with you, okay?” Baekhyun crosses his arms and looks at the floor.

 

Surprisingly, Luhan laughs and ruffles the other’s hair. “And you say I’m the cute one.”

 

“But you are!”

 

“You don’t really want for me to stop practicing, do you?”

 

“Well...maybe not. You don’t need it. And I wasn’t deterring you on purpose, I just want you to look at me.”

 

Luhan clucks lightly. “So selfish, Baekhyun-ah.”

 

Baekhyun pouts. “I’m not selfish.”

 

It’s true. Baekhyun is actually one of the most selfless people Luhan had ever met. His image makes it seem like he’s uncaring to the other member’s feelings but Luhan knows it’s just his way of showing he cares. And maybe playing that card wasn’t the best idea but Luhan’s run out of patience.

 

“I like spending time with you too. Do you want to help me practice?”

 

Baekhyun wrinkles his nose, looking at the paper. “You don’t need the practice, hyung. We could go and do something else.”

 

“Like? We can’t leave the dorms.”

 

“You’re twenty-five hyung, no one can order you around!”

 

“If you’re not going to help me practice, you can leave.” Luhan points to the door casually and Baekhyun bites his lip, weighing his options.

 

“Okay. I’ll help you practice.” Baekhyun snatches the paper from Luhan, starting to read it. “We are the main vocalists, after all. Got to keep our pipes in

shape.”

 

“I cannot believe you just said that.”


Please comment and comment and comment because I've been feeling down lately and need something to look forward to