Banana(s): Kyungsoo/Sehun

Words Aren't Enough

Sehun never did like bananas.


“Here.”

 

Sehun wrinkles his nose when a plate is shoved in front of him. “What is this?”

 

“Just try it.” Kyungsoo crosses his arms and waits for Sehun to take a bite. Not intimidated but not wanting to be fed mush for the next week, Sehun frowns but picks up the piece of bread.

 

“What’s in it?”

 

“Just eat it.”

 

Sehun hesitantly takes a bite before promptly spitting it out in two seconds. “Bleh! What is this crap, hyung?”

 

Kyungsoo scowls and snatches the plate up. “It’s banana bread, I was trying out a new recipe. And it’s not crap. The others liked it.”

 

“Well you know I don’t like bananas.” Sehun picks up his phone that he had dropped in the presence of food. “Why’d you give it to me anyway?”

 

“Because you’re a brat.”

 

“Am not.”

 

“Am too.”

 

“Am not.”

 

“Because I let everyone else try so I had to include you.” Kyungsoo turns away, tired of useless arguing, but not before flicking Sehun in the forehead, leaving the maknae behind to whine.

 

“What’s for breakfast, hyung?” asks Sehun, yawning as he walks into the kitchen the next day. EXO-M had already left for a photoshoot and the rest of the group isn’t up yet.

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t even look up from the pan. “Don’t you have eyes?” But he lets Sehun latch onto him and peek over his shoulder.

 

“Pancakes?”

 

“I found a recipe online.” Kyungsoo shrugs one shoulder, almost bumping Sehun’s chin. He doesn’t know why Sehun’s leaning over him like that when he’s a good few inches taller than him.

 

“What would we put on it? DO we have syrup? Or, like, whipped cream? Or chocolate?”

 

“This is breakfast, Sehun, not dessert.”

 

“Why not both?”

 

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, carefully flipping the pancake over with his spatula. “We’re going to have fruit with it. Strawberries, blueberries, bananas-whatever’s in the fridge.”

 

Sehun makes a face and steps away. “Bananas? That’s gross, hyung. Why would I want your amazing pancakes to be covered with such awfulness?”

 

Kyungsoo swats at him and he dodges, laughing. “Flattery will get you nowhere.”

 

Apparently it did though because alongside bananas that Sehun picked off his pancakes, there were also a few strawberries.

 

“Ew hyung, what is this?” Sehun sticks his tongue out, setting the spoon down a little more harshly than needed.

 

“Banana pudding,” answers Kyungsoo, unaffected and continues to eat his own bowl of pudding.

 

“Why so much banana? Were they, like, having a sale?”

 

Kyungsoo’s unamused. “Yeah. And?”

 

“You know I don’t like bananas but you keep making stuff with them!”

 

“The world does not revolve around you, Oh Sehun.”

 

Sehun grins. “In my world it does.”

 

A few days later and Sehun is tired of checking his food for bananas. He doesn’t know why Kyungsoo keeps trying to sneak into their meals but he’s had enough of it.

 

Luckily, most of the hyungs are out today. All he had was a radio interview this morning and dance practice after, so he could rest at home alone for a little while.

 

But it’s been so long since he’s eaten and he’s starving. He can’t work anything in the kitchen by himself, so that’s out. Their manager would be mad if he ordered takeout and he can’t go out to get food either.

 

“I’m leaving Sehun.”

 

“Wait hyung!” Sehun leaps up and Kyungsoo pauses, one foot already out the door.

 

“What?”

 

“I’m starving! Will you make me something to eat?”

 

Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow. “Sehun, I’m leaving.”

 

“Please?”

 

“You are twenty years old, can’t you make yourself something?”

 

Hyung…”

 

“There’s food in the fridge I made beforehand. There’s some pie but don’t eat it all- I had enough of the others cramming it down like there’s not tomorrow.”

 

Sehun’s not listening to a word. “Pie? There’s pie? You made pie?” He hugs his hyung tightly because when was the last time he had pie? “Thanks hyung, you’re the best!”

 

“Yeah, yeah, whatever.” Kyungsoo turns away to hide his smile. Maybe not he’ll actually like bananas.

 

Kyungsoo’s been on a mission for a little while now- get Sehun to like at least one thing that he makes with bananas. Kyungsoo knows he can make everything taste good and bananas are no different. Sehun will learn to like them.

 

He gets a call from the maknae back in his dressing room, having a quick break from filming.

 

“Kyungsoo speaking.”

 

“Hyung! That pie you made is so good! I love it.”

 

“Did you leave any for the others?”

 

“Of course I did. But shouldn’t you be grateful I love your cooking so much?”

 

This brat. “I already know you do. How would you have survived otherwise?”

 

“That’s mean hyung. But the pie is amazing. Will you make it again?”

 

“Only if we have a good stock of bananas.”

 

There’s a pause on the other end. “Bananas?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“There are bananas in the pie?”

 

“It’s called banana cream pie, Sehun.”

 

There’s a lapse in the conversation.

 

“I feel lied to.”

 

“Tough luck kid, that’s life.”


I promise I haven't forgotten this story, it's just kinda...fallen by the wayside. But hopefully the next update won't be as few and far between.