Exceptionally: Luhan/Minseok

Words Aren't Enough

No one would have thought their friendship would be so exceptional.


“Honestly, he thinks we’re like kids.” Luhan sighs dramatically, hanging his head off the bed and seeing Minseok upside down.

 

“You do have an impressive manga collection,” points out Minseok absently, causing Luhan to gasp and roll over on the bed to glare at the other.

 

“You say that like it’s a bad thing. Besides, it’s not childish at all.” Luhan sniffs. “I don’t see them complaining when they’re begging me to lend them one.”

 

“I never said it was a bad thing but on another note. Lulu, a pillow pet? Really?”

 

Luhan looks offended. “What’s wrong with it?”

 

Minseok shakes his head, swinging the desk chair around to look at the other. “Nothing’s wrong with it but it doesn’t exactly scream ‘mature’.”

 

“Who said we were mature?”

 

“I thought you wanted to be seen as mature.”

 

“I am mature,” declares Luhan. “I’m their hyung.”

 

“Being old doesn’t mean you’re mature.”

 

“Then you’re both old and immature.”

 

“Hey!” Minseok glares at him, making Luhan laugh.    

 

“You never said that pillow pets were immature when you wanted one.”

 

“You’re going to get it!” Minseok gets up from the chair and grabs a nearby pillow, smashing it over Luhan’s face.

 

The deer protests loudly between his laughs as he fights back, managing to avoid being smothered as he wiggles his way out from under Minseok, grabbing a pillow of his own.

 

Only with each other can they be this crazy. Minseok likes being on the sidelines when such chaos is going on but with Luhan, it’s different. Only the deer can coax such a side out from him and he wouldn’t have it any other way.

 

No wonder they’re the best of friends in the group.

 

“Don’t hurt your back, hyung,” Luhan says mockingly, dodging a hit the elder throws at him and responding with a whack to his knees.

 

“Are those wrinkles I see?” retorts Minseok, making Luhan pause and raise a hand to his face in alarm.

 

“Really? I have wrinkles? Why didn’t you tell me that earlier?”

 

Minseok doubles over laughing, not even getting mad when Luhan hits him with the pillow in annoyance. “Hey! Do I really have wrinkles? This isn’t funny Minseok!”

 

“You don’t have wrinkles,” Minseok manages to say through his chuckles “but you’re going to get frown lines if you keep looking like that.”

 

“You’re terrible!” Luhan frowns, turning away from the elder. Minseok quiets his laughs, knowing that Luhan’s appearance is one of his sensitive topics and even the littlest things can make him sad or angry.

 

It’s just one of the things he’s picked up from all the time spent with Luhan. As best friends, they know each other better than any of the others, know what can push buttons and at the same time, what can make those insecurities better.

 

It’s exceptional, really.

 

“I’m sorry Luhan, I didn’t mean it,” he says sweetly, wrapping his arms around the younger’s waist.

 

“Hm.”

 

“It’s not true, you don’t have wrinkles and you never will,” continues Minseok. Honestly, if the others knew how much his best friend loved compliments,

they would never have another relaxing day again.

 

“Hm.”

 

Minseok stifles a groan. He knows what Luhan wants. “Do I have to say it?”

 

Luhan nods, still not looking at Minseok. “Yes.”

 

“Ugh, you’re so demanding,” huffs Minseok but he does it anyway. “You’re manly. Happy?”

 

Judging by Luhan’s self-satisfied smile, it seems he is. “I knew you’d say it.”

 

“Only because it’s you.” Minseok releases the deer. Why does he do this every single time? He knows that’s exactly what placates Luhan but it’s still kind

of silly. He starts to pick up the pillows and straighten the bed covers from their impromptu pillow fight.

 

Luhan watches him, puffing his cheeks out. “Do I have to help?”

 

“Come on Luhan, it’s not even that hard.”

 

Luhan sticks his tongue out. “Fine. Since I’m so manly, I’ll help you clean up, even though that’s not my image at all.”

 

As he fluffs the pillows, Minseok bits back a smile, rolling his eyes. “Whatever.”