Microcosm: Yifan/Minseok

Words Aren't Enough

When Yifan needs help, Minseok is always there.


“Is everything done?”

 

“Yeah, everything’s finished.” Minseok bites the inside of his cheek. He hates lying, even over something as small as this, but it’s for Yifan’s own good.

 

The leader nods in understanding, letting out a yawn. “Thanks Minseok-ah, you’re really the best. I owe you one.”

 

You don’t.

 

“Don’t mention it,” smiles Minseok, starting to usher the younger off to bed. “Just go to sleep already, I’ll make sure the others get in bed soon.”

 

“But-”

 

“I insist.” Minseok raises an eyebrow at Yifan in challenge. He is never this insistent upon anything but he needs Yifan to get his rest while he takes care of everything else.

 

“Can you handle it? I think I should-”

 

“Yifan-ah, it’s fine. Just go to bed already.”

 

Yifan frowns but the thought of sleep is sorely tempting. “I’ll come check on them before I go to sleep,” he tries to negotiate and the elder sighs.

 

“Fine.” He leaves the Chinese man at his bedroom door, instead going to their tiny kitchen and sitting down at the table that’s strewn with papers and pamphlets, their schedules and diets and anything else they need.

 

Minseok looks at them warily but holds back his sigh as he starts to rearrange everything. Yifan was supposed to do it but Minseok wouldn’t hear of it, convincing the elder he could handle it just fine.

 

But Minseok was always like that. He knew Yifan had it hard so whenever something else came along, something Minseok thought of as unnecessary, he immediately took it off their manager’s hands and did it on his own, even when it was supposed to be for Yifan.

 

There was a time their schedule had been changed at the last minute, making everyone crazy and worried and Yifan was stressing because they were in the wrong clothes, had the wrong papers, everything was wrong.

 

Minseok sorted it out smoothly, calling the place up and explaining they would be late as Yifan rushed to get everyone ready for the unexpected interview. It was only later that the leader found out.

 

He never actually confronted him about it but Minseok can sometimes feel the leader’s eyes on him, almost questioningly but whenever he looks his way, Yifan just lifts the corners of his mouth and doesn’t say a word.

 

Minseok shoos the others off to bed, shaking his head in answer to their questions about Yifan. “He needs rest now,” is all he says and the rest of EXO drops it, going off to bed without a complaint.

 

Sighing almost happily, Minseok goes back to sorting through the papers. He doesn’t mind it honestly; he likes things to be organized. He’s always the one to put clothes away or make everyone’s beds or stack the dishes. He likes things clean-cut and nice and pretty. No messes for him.

 

It’s why the others always volunteer him to clean up anything left behind and he does so without complaining. It relaxes him, honestly, and in lives such as theirs, he needs a little relaxation once in a while.

 

Footsteps sound behind him, creaking on the wooden floor but Minseok barely flinches.

 

“Shouldn’t you be in bed?” he says without turning around, shuffling a couple papers and knowing exactly who it is.

 

A side of Yifan’s mouth quirks. “I thought you said you were done.”

 

“I mostly am.”

 

“Is it coming along okay?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“I saw the others were already sleeping. Did you…?”

 

Minseok nods, a little surprised when a blanket is draped around his shoulders. He manages a small smile in thanks.

 

He doesn’t mind that he’s almost Yifan’s little helper in a way. He’s Yifan’s microcosm and he wouldn’t have it any other way.

 

“Go to bed when you’re done,” says Yifan softly, giving the elder’s shoulders a gentle squeeze. “Don’t forget to turn off the lights.”

 

“I won’t.”

 

“Oh and Minseok-ah?”

 

“Hm?”

 

Yifan smiles and it's the one bright spot in the mostly-dark kitchen. "Don't work yoursel too much, hyung."


A/N: So sorry it's been a while but since exams are coming up, I'm stressing out over them. I'm probably going to fail my bio one. Sigh.

Anyway.

If anyone here also likes BTS, I've started a new story for them so check it out please. <3 Until next time, darlings.