Petty: Zitao/Sehun

Words Aren't Enough

Since they're the maknaes, it's only fair.


“Why do I have to room with you?” Zitao scowls, setting his luggage down on the hotel bed with more force than necessary.

 

Sehun rolls his eyes. “Maybe it’s cause we’re both the maknaes and they wanted to knock us both out at once.”

 

“I guessed that myself,” counters Zitao snidely, sticking his tongue out playfully at the other who just sighs and throws a pillow at him. “Yah!”

 

“It’s more like why should I have to share a room with you?” he says, laying down on the other bed and reaching for the remote. “You may be older but you don’t act like it.”

 

Zitao glares at Sehun, grabbing the remote out of his hands. “Well at least I’m not a brat.”

 

"But you are,” Sehun says calmly before the words register. “Yah! I’m not a brat.”

 

“Right.” Zitao jumps on the other bed, settling himself back against the pillows as he turns on the TV, flipping through the channels.

 

Sehun huffs but lets the elder do as he pleases. It’s usually easier that way. And the others think he’s the maknae? Zitao acts more like it than Sehun ever will.

 

He’s older, but he’s just as much of a kid as Sehun is, sometimes even more so. When he tries to act cool, it either is really good, or really bad. Usually the latter and Sehun never hesitates to point that out.

 

“We should probably be sleeping now though,” Sehun says after a half-hour of mindlessly watching TV. He hadn’t been paying much attention anyway, zoning out for most of it. The show on had something to do with doctors and heart diseases or something like that, not really something he’s interested. Zitao seemed to be hanging on to every word though.

 

“Yeah, okay.” Zitao focuses intently on the screen as the male lead starts some sort of dramatic monologue, making Sehun roll his eyes.

 

“I’m taking the first shower then.” He waits for a protest but the other ignores him, still too caught up in the drama. Shrugging, Sehun opens his luggage and takes out what he needs, heading to the bathroom soon after. It’s strange, since Zitao usually insists on first shower, but that drama must be really good or addicting. Maybe both.

 

He turns on the water, waiting a few moments for it to get warm as he undresses. Testing it and seeing it’s a good temperature, he steps into the shower, right under the spray. He can feel is slowly washing away the work from today.

 

They had been on the plane for three hours today and had practice at the stadium pretty much as soon as they arrived. Sehun didn’t mind it too much but the practice was long and hard, since they had to get used to new surroundings, only to be here for a couple days.

 

He scrubs at his newly-dyed hair. Honestly, he doesn’t need it dyed this much. He’s gotten known for changing his hair every month, which isn’t actually true. And it’s not like he wants it a different color every time but he can’t really say no.

 

Stepping out of the shower, he wraps a towel around his waist and rubs at the fog-covered mirror with the heel of his hand, making a clear space.

 

He’s only in there for a little longer, brushing his teeth and such before he leaves, remembering he forgot to bring clothes in.

 

Coming back into the main room, he finds Zitao hugging a pillow, almost crying, with his eyes trained on the screen.

 

Sehun raises an eyebrow. “Is it really that sad?”

 

“You don’t even know!” Zitao turns to look at him and wipes at his eyes. “They had everything, it was going so well and everything was perfect but of course someone had to come and mess it all up!”

 

“Mmm.” Sehun pulls his boxers on, only half-listening as Zitao continues to rant about the drama. There’s some Chinese thrown in there as well that Sehun doesn’t understand but he pretends he does. Maybe then Zitao won’t have the energy to talk throughout the whole night, as he has done sometimes.

 

Truthfully though, Sehun doesn’t mind it usually. It does make going to sleep harder but it’s also entertaining sometimes. Zitao can just be so petty sometimes, that it makes for a good ranting session. Sehun can only complain about so much to the others, so having these little rants every now and again with Zitao are definitely worth losing some sleep.

 

“Watch it with me.” Zitao reaches over and grabs Sehun’s arm, pulling the surprised younger onto the bed with him.

 

“Yah!” Sehun struggles for a second as Zitao latches onto his arm, leaning back onto the pillows and dragging Sehun with him. “What are you, a child?”

 

“You’re one to talk,” Zitao fires back, poking Sehun in the cheek. “Since I’m older, we’re going to watch it and you’re going to like it.”

 

“I never like any of your dramas anyway. Why should this one be any different?”

 

“Can you just stop being so annoying and watch it?”

 

“Can’t you just watch it by yourself?”

 

“No. Now shut up and watch it with me.”

 

“But sleep-”

 

“You’re going to tune out during it anyway, so what’s the difference?”

 

Sehun shrugs, allowing that. It’s true, he’s not going to argue. They are silent for a few moments, Zitao getting back into the show. He looks at Sehun out of the cover of his eye, frowning when he notices goose bumps erupt over Sehun’s skin. The kid just showered after all. He pulls the covers over them, still hanging onto the younger’s arm.

 

“You’re much better to hug than a pillow,” he mutters and Sehun just rolls his eyes, the corners of his lips curving into a small smile.

 

“What a compliment.”

 

“It’s the best compliment you’re going to get from me, so shut up.”


A/N: I don't ship them romantically but their friendship is really cute.