Chapter 15 : End

Always and forever

Year 2017      

3rd person POV

Even though it is only 2.30pm, half of the “Olympic Gymnastics Arena” stadium in Seoul already filled with people. The organizers were running around with instruments and shouting orders to each other. A low screeching sound can be heard in the background. There is something special of the occasion. People couldn’t find a performance stage and there are no barriers that they usually make for the protection of idols. But the weirdest thing is fans couldn’t see idols rehearsing. They only left a small space in the middle of arena.

What kind of a concert is this?

 As the time goes and stadium is getting darker by minute pink glowing sticks were lighting the dark arena. Fans are chanting their favorite idol group name and some would shout a particular member’s name waiting for the lights to come one. Suddenly the video screens and fan’s chant became a loud cheering voices. It played a video of 9 children about 15 to 18 years old sitting in a circle on a floor of a practice room.They were covered in sweat and looked tired, but the smile of their faces showed how happy they were at that moment. A girl with blond hair leaned toward the black haired girl and placed her heard on other’s shoulder.

That scene brought a loud chanting from fans.

“YulSic YulSic YulSic”

Another baby faced girl lying on the floor with her head on a tall girls lap. A blonde girl who is wearing track suit was joking and doing crazy dancing moves while sitting down, trying to cheer up other girls. It must have succeeded because others laugh at that girl while clapping hands.

Then the tall girl in the group reached out and took a bag that lay beside her. As she opened the bag and took big lunch box other’s crawl close to her. They were talking and joking happily while eating food sometimes they feed each other.

Every time members hug each other or do something together fans shout their names. But it’s not exactly happy cheering, more like wailing. Maybe because they know this is going to be the last time they will see this. Also because things have changed a lot for that group since that time. Seeing them together makes them so happy but the same time brings pain because one member in that group, the girl with soft and nasal voice had leaved them to pursue her own dream.  

As video continues it how that girl group practiced together, their happy moments as well as their arguments and even sad moments when they cried. They showed girls in a waiting room, on stage, behind the scenes of events etc. It basically reveals the growing up of these girls.

Fans were too focused on the video that playing they didn’t notice 8 girls walked through the crowed toward the middle of arena. In last few scenes there were only 8 girls and they were performing happily. But behind that happy faces there were moments that they looked sad and miserable. Then the video has ended. Everyone gasped loudly when they saw lights and that 8 beautiful girls in video are standing in the middle of the crowed. But surprisingly no one tried to come close or touch them but cheered for them. It proved that their fans are matured enough to understand the personal space and privacy.

“Annyeonghaseyo, So Nyeo Si Dae imnida” 8 girls greeted their fans so loudly but at the same time it was just like when they first meet their fans. The responses of the fans were so loud that girls had to cover their ears for a moment. It was like firework erupted. They waited until that cheer end to talk.

“Hey guys. After a long time isn’t it?” Taeyeon asked from sones smiling.

“What are you talking about Tae. We did a tour few months ago. Remember?” Tiffany said.

“Aish that girl. Ruin my perfect speech” Taeyeon said muttering. But everyone can hear her because of her mic.Everyone star laughing at them.

“Well. Still few months are a long time. Right guys?” Yuri said trying to rescue me and turned the mic toward fans to get their opinion.

Well you can guess what happened next. They answered more like shout “Yes” in the top of their lungs.

“Looks like you don’t need mics. Are you all Fany’s fans?” Hyo-yeon said laughing.

In case if you guys doesn’t know what that mean we call Fany as a human loudspeaker because she is too loud.

“Ya” Tiffany shouted at Hyo-yeon and slapped her shoulder which earned laughter from their fans.

“See guys? She is violent too” Hyo-yeon pouts and rubbed her shoulder.

“Bickering since the start. I don’t know how I lived with them for so long. Can you imagine guys?” Seohyun the youngest of the group said and sighed dramatically.

“Quit drama, Seo. You are too much in to musicals these days. She complains the most among members, guys” Yoona said and tried put her hand around Soehyun’s shoulder. But Seohyun moved away and merong at her sister.

 “As you can see I am living with a bunch of kids. So let’s begin without them ok? So tell me how you are all doing?” sunny said walking forward.

There were different type of replies but girls couldn’t actually hear them well because everyone shouting.

“Well, I hope you are ok. Let me tell you how we are planning to continue this concert. Actually it’s completely different from our other concerts. We want to talk with you more. We like to hear what you want to tell us all this time. But please don’t argue ok?” I continued.

Everyone shouted “yes” and members smiled.

“But before that let’s sing our most precious songs and then talk ok?”

“Ah! There is another special thing. We are not going to use recordings. We are going to sing all songs live. So if there are any mistakes while performing please forgive us” Sooyoung said to the crowed.

Members sat on the chairs that brought during their speech and the familiar music of “In to the new world” start playing. Suddenly all the chants and cheers stopped and everyone listening to the song without saying anything. It’s like no one is there except pink light sticks waving.

Just like that they sang their old and new songs without lip-syncing. It was very different from usual concert because they dance while singing but not whole choreography. It was not the best performance of them and made mistakes because they didn’t rehearse. They walked toward fans and asked to dance with them. But the main reason is they didn’t wanted it to be just another perfectly planned concert. They wanted it to be like just friends hanging out while they were doing what they love. It made each moment more precious.

Members talk among themselves and fans in between each song and shared their ideas. At the end of last song they sat on the chairs and took off their headset.

“Hmm. You guys must be tired now with all dancing right?” Yoona said smiling which earned a loud “NO” from fans. They were all panting and sweating.

“You want to dance and sing more?”                  

“yeaaaah”

“Hmm let’s do that later. We have something important to do now. Ok?” Tiffany said.

“Let me tell you a story now. Do you want to hear?” Yuri said.

Another loud yes from the fans.

“It’s about nine girls” the stadium fell silent again. Everyone is focusing on Yuri.

“There were 9 little girls that gathered in a Music academy to pursue their dream. Some of them recruited by pure co-incident but some had dream of becoming idols”

“Well everyone has their own reasons and story about why they became idol. I am not going to talk about that because it will take all day. But they trained with hundreds of other trainees every day. One day from hundreds of trainees 9 girls were selected to form a group called Girls Generation” Yuri stopped her story and looked at her members. When their eyes meet they smile at each other. They don’t want words to express how they feel. Then Sooyoung cleared .

“Like Yul said 9 girls were chosen, they have completely different personalities and tastes. They had to practice and live together. They had to tolerate each other and get used to them. It took time. But more they spend time together more they got to understand each other”

Seohyun hold the mic and continue the story.

“Sometimes one would think of leaving or give up when it was too difficult. But she had other 8 members to hold her hand and walk through difficult times. Also they had another source that encourages them endlessly. It was their fans. Whenever they stand on a stage and see their precious fans staring back at them smiling and cheering so loudly they realized all these hard work worth it. Their fan's smile worth every single tear, pain and sweat they had to hold.

“So leaving the group was not even option for them. They worked hard more because they know they wanted to give all to the group that made them who they are today. Few years later they became matured girls now” Yoona said.

“They met new people and some fall in love. Also as you know our dreams change when we grow up too right? It’s true they loved working together as a group but they couldn’t help but think of future. What will happen when they disband? Also some found their hidden talents and passion in other fields such as acting, drama, MCing, shows, musical and fashion designing. Some even knew they will become more famous as solo singers but wasn’t ready to let go of their precious group. But as time goes they realized their time is running out and they need to start planning their future. It’s not about leaving or abandoning the group. It’s about pursuing their new found dream”

“One would think abandoning the group that gave you everything as betrayal. But when holding back someone who can reach higher or restricting their freedom for your own selfish reasons seemed worst. Especially when you see that person tries hard to maintain both her dream and group work and exhausted herself by that. She never complained but others could see how tired she is whenever they meet. So they made a decision to let her go”

By now everyone has tears in their eyes but they were listening to their favorite people without interrupting. They waited for this moment since September 30th of 2014. That’s when Jessica Jung left the group. Hyo-yeon continued the story with a smile on her face.

“It didn’t end as we planned. She misunderstood her friends for a while. They couldn’t do anything but hope one day she will realize why they did it”

As soon as Hyo-yeon said that light went out again and a picture displayed on the screen. It was Girls Generation’s waiting room at Tokyo Dome. They were standing in a circle with hands on each other’s shoulders. You can’t see their faces because they were leaned forward like they are talking to each other. The photo was taken from above. Suddenly someone shouted “Is that Sica next to Yuri?” Everyone can hear that voice clearly because stadium was silent. At that moment lights came back on making a path way from stage to the middle of the circle where girls generation members sitting. Then they saw the person they least expected to see. She walked out from the back stage toward them and everyone gasped loudly but no one is saying anything because they were too shocked to talk. Girls Generation members are smiling and waiting for their friend to join them.

“Are you guys talking behind my back?” Jessica Jung said in her usual cold tone and glared at them.

“Sicaaa!!! Enough with acting like an ice princess. See our fans are frozen already” Yuri whine and pout at Jessica. Jessica just ruffled her head and turned to the fans.

“Hello guys. It’s really good to see you all like this. Especially standing between my best friends reminds me of our time. Isn’t it?”

That made fans snap out of shock and they were shouting and crying at the same time it was a total chaos. They waited until fans calm down.

“Sicaaa come here. Sit with me” Yuri asked while Yoona already took her hand and made her sit next to her.

“Now you can guess the end of that story, right guys?” Tiffany said when everyone calms down enough to listen to them.

“So we want to tell you. Girls Generation is not just a name of an idol group. It made us to who we are now. It defines our friendship. Our love for fans and vice versa and everything we did for past 10 years. So there is no time limit for that, it will last until we have our friendship. So this is not the end of Girls Generation. Remember we love you and will always love you” Tiffany finished her speech and wiped away her tears.

"When we were little we never even think of leaving our family right? We hold in to parent's hands and always stays with them.As time goes on we realize we have to leave them. But we won't ever forget them right? No matter how far we go or what we do we always come back to our family. To me Girls Generation is like that. Not only me it's same for all of us" When Jessica said she felt someone hugged her from behind and followed by another. All members hugged each other tightly while fans and members cried together. This time it’s not because of sadness, but they were so happy to see all members together. Then fans slowly start chanting “Don’t cry”.

“Ya! You guys cry more than us and tell us not to cry. That’s not fair” Hyo-yeon shouted still holding Seohyun’s hand and smiling like an idiot.

“Once a choding an always a choding” Sooyoung said looking away from Hyo-yeon pretending she is not talking about her. Crowed end up laughing at our dorky members called “Girls Generation”

                                                                                                END

--------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

:D I can't help re-read.. and I did just a teeeeennyyy little bit update :P sorryyy..... 

*wipe tears* So this is the end of "Always and Forever". Mmmmm first of all I wanted to tell you that this is just my personal thought about that incident. Like I said before I wrote this when Sica left to get away from sadness I felt. This is what I imagine that happened and what I expect that will happen in future.. Maybe I am delulusional to think like that... Well writing this really made me happy and I really enjoyed reading every comment... :)  I am kind of sad to end this story too.. :( 

So I want to thank  you all subscribers for staying with me until now.... *hug* LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!! I really do appciate your comment and reading even when it's not good story. I know I made lots of grammer mistakes too.. Sorry about that.... 

ALSO SPECIAL THANKS TO MY FRIENDS THAT UPVOTE THIS STORY!!!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!! LOVE YOU TOOOOOOOOOO

do I sounds like a weido? O.O  sorry..... I am just excited 

Finally, I want to thank Bluppy (my co-author) http://www.asianfanfics.com/profile/view/438533 for helping me to write this story. Without his help I won't be able to complete.. Also he is my favourit and the best author I met in AFF. I hope you'll check his stories too!!!!! 

See you guys with another story!!!!! This is nzone89 signing out from "Always and forever"