Chapter 1

Always and forever

Taeyeon POV

“Oppa can I talk to you for a second”

I was watching Yuri’s behavior for few days now. At first I thought she will get over it. Not that for her to forget Sica. No one in our group can do that. Because Sica is family. She likes my own sister and friend. There was a time that I believed she was something more than a friend and also a time that we fought over simple things. But in the end I accepted her as a sister and a very close friend.

“What is it Taeyeon”

“Oppa, I can’t take it anymore. Yuri is not getting any better. But then again it’s normal to act like that. There was a special relationship between them. But can you please clear her schedule until she get better. We are thinking of taking her somewhere”

“No Taeyeon”

“Oppa, Do you honestly think Yuri can pretend nothing is wrong in front of thousands of fans when they are shouting Sica’s name or pose with a calm or happy expression for a photoshoot when all she could think about is this problem? You are not helping her. She will be more upset and it isn’t helping her recovery”

“Every single reporters and fans are following our every move, right now. You know what they say. Do you want to add more rumors or bad comments right now? Will that help her recovery?”

I sighed. I can’t argue with that. If Yuri doesn’t participate now they will make more rumor and we can’t take another scandal. Then manager Oppa sat beside me and caressed my hair.

“Taeyeon, I know how hard it is. I saw that before. But right now the best solution is to arrange more events for her. We have to force her to focus on work. Then she won’t have time to think about that. Can you understand what I am saying?”

“Yes Oppa. But seeing Yuri like that makes me sad. She is always a happy and relaxed girl and always acts like a kid. And I can’t even imagine how Sica is right now. She turned off her phone and she isn’t in her home”

“Yeah. She is like a hyper kid sometimes and I always liked her personality. But do you know who gave me this idea in the 1st place? It was Yuri and Jessica. After your and Beakhyun incident and you refused to come out of your room, they came to see me and they were crying. I didn’t know what to do with you. Then Yuri said to give you more work and make you distract. I scheduled more practice sessions and fun events. And you know that helped you to get over it, right?” I nodded my head.

It’s true. I remember one day manager Oppa came to my room and practically dragged me out to SM for practices. After that I slowly recovered and went back to my normal routine. But I never imagined they would do something like that for me. I realized how much they love each member. That mean I have to do everything I can to bring Sica back.

“And Jessica is not at her home now. Give her some time and let’s wait for this to calm down. Then I’ll arrange for you to meet. Ok?”

“Thanks oppa.”

“It’s my job to take care of you, you know?” he smirked.

“I know and for you to take free autographs” I replied.

 

Yuri wakes up feeling her head a bit heavy. She stayed up late last night. But her mind refuses to let her body get the rest she should. Every time she closed her eyes past memories with her come to haunt her and she end up crying or stare in to the space. It has been weeks but the thought of losing Jessica felt surreal to her. But reality plays it differently. Her best friend isn’t here anymore. That is the fact.

 

“Sica..”

 

Had she forgotten them? Had she really moved on? Yuri knew it was her fault when she removed Jessica from her friend list in Weibo and didn’t reply when the news break out and they left to the airport without Sica. but she did it because she didn’t want the older girl to feel more pressure. It’s ok when fans blame us for hurting Sica. Because there are 8 girls to comfort each other and Sica is alone right now. We can’t stay with her and holder her right now. But after few days I tried to contract her and Jessica seems to be avoiding her. Is this really her fault?

“It is my fault. I’m sorry.”

Yuri buried her face on her pillow once again. If she can get suffocated by doing so, maybe it is the right thing to do. She was too engrossed with her thoughts fail to notice Yoona coming in.

“Unni?”

“….”

Yoona gently sad down next to her and place her hand on Yuri’s back.

“Aunty called me and said you hadn’t come out from your room for days now.”

“Leave me alone.”

Yoona sighed. She knew Yuri would react so badly at the dropped out but she didn’t suspect it would be this bad.

“Unni, you need to come out and eat. You didn’t eat a lot back at dorms too. We thought coming home will help you. Don’t make aunty worried about you.”

Yoona waits for the tan girl to respond. Much to her disappointment, Yuri keeps her silence. She tries again.

“Unni, please come out and eat. Taeyeon unni and Tiffany unni are outside too.”

Yuri heard her voice quivers a little. Yuri felt guilty. Yoona had been strong for her but here she is succumb to her sadness. Slowly lifting up her face, she looks at her younger friend.

“Yoona..”

“I know unni but you’re not the only. We all do.”

Yoona stood up and gently help Yuri up. The older girl let Yoona pulled her up. Once up, she cupped Yuri’s face and smile.

“You’ll be fine unni.”

“How would you know?”

“I know because we have to for her sake.”

….

 

Taeyeon didn’t touch her plate and neither Tiffany. Mrs Kwon watches as the two keep on staring at their still full plate. She had enough of this gloomy mood.

 

“I thought you two came here to help Yuri. But if the two of you felt down like this, how can you cheer up Yuri?”

 

Taeyeon slowly looks up and saw the disappointed look on Mrs Kwon face.

 

“Taeyeon ah, I know you and the others are hurt but you can’t go on like this. Sooyeon seems to be moving on. You should too.”

 

Tiffany couldn’t hold her tears anymore. Everyone keep on saying like that but no one knew what they really felt the moment they made that decision. They didn’t have a choice. It was already decided for them. Mrs. Kwon watch as Taeyeon pulled Tiffany into her arms hugging her trying so hard to soothe the sobbing girl.

 

“Aunty..”

 

“Taeyeon and Miyoung ah. I know it hurts. But please moved on. It’s going to be hard but nothing had been easier. Yuri can’t move on if the other 7 hadn’t. You know how much she depends on all of you. My Yuri never had a real girlfriends before. 8 of you became her best friend. Please, she can’t move on if none of you did.”

 

Tiffany wipes away her tears. Mrs Kwon had a point. Yuri is always close with her oppa friends and never had any girls as friends before. She treasured their group friendship more than anything.

 

“I’m sorry aunty.. We’ll try.”

 

Mrs Kwon gave a small smile and reach out for Tiffany and Taeyeon hands. She gently pats both hands as if they were her daughter.

 

“Don’t cry anymore. It hard to see my daughters crying like this.”

 

Taeyeon flash her own smile and nods. She won’t disappoint Yuri’s mother.

 

“Thank you aunty.”

 

Mrs Kwon warmly smiles back. Footsteps coming from the stairs had the three turn around. There walked in Yoona and Yuri. Taeyeon gritted her teeth watching Yuri look so tired and torn out. They both took the empty seats. Mrs. Kwon felt happy. At least Yuri wants to get out of her room. She scoops some rice and place in Yuri’s bowl. Yoona took a pair of chopsticks and gave it to Yuri encouraging her to eat. Tiffany and Taeyeon watch as Yuri took a bit from her rice. Tiffany gave a look at Taeyeon. Taeyeon took a deep breath.

 

“How are you feeling now Yul?”

 

Yuri just nods and keep on nibbling her food. Yoona took a bowl of rice from Mrs Kwon and stat eating too.

 

“Yul, did Hyukjin oppa called you yet?”

 

“No..”

 

“Oh really? I saw our latest schedule and it seems you have a photoshoot in Los Angeles. You should take it.”

 

Yuri stops eating and look up. Taeyeon and Tiffany are staring back at her waiting for her answer. She shook her head.

 

“Not interested.”

 

“But Yul, you should take it. You know get your head out of the gutter for a while.”

 

Yuri stops eating and placed down her utensil.

 

“I’m full.”

 

She stood up and was about to leave when Taeyeon words stop her again.

 

“Yul, take this as a vacation to clear your head. You need to breathe fresh air. Take it.”

 

“I…”

 

Tiffany interrupts her.

 

“Tae is right. Maybe this could help you Yul.”

 

Yuri turns around and saw four sad pair of eyes staring back at her. She knew Taeyeon and Tiffany meant no harm and they were just trying to get her out. But is it necessary at this moment?

 

“Taeyeon unni and Tiffany unni are right. Maybe this is what you need.”

 

“But..Sica..”

 

“Yul, what important now is you and your emotion. Please take the offer.”

 

Watching her members’ genuine care for her gave her the courage to face the world alone once again. For their sake and hers. Maybe for Jessica too.

 

“Okay. I’ll go.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------->

Hey guys,

This is tmy 3rd story  and I start writing it since last year.. It's something I stopped writing for a while. I didn't know how to continue. Cause I just wanted to write something after that incident. I didn't think to continue it. But I found a friend that helped me to start writing it again. So special thanks goes to Bluppy for helping me and giving me ideas about how to continue. *bow*

So give me comments on how you think about this and subscribe to story. See you soon :)