Day 10

Hot 'n Cold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today is Sunday. So i don't have to go to the campus. I look at the clock in my room to check on the time. It shows "07.30" so it's still pretty early. My sleepy eyes finally gave in, and i almost drifted back to my dreamland when i suddenly hear a loud ring from my phone. I groaned in discontentment as my hand is wildly roaming around the nightstand beside my bed, trying to find my phone. Once i find it, i don't even bother to look at the caller ID as i reject the call and put it into silent mode before i try to go back to sleep. I almost fallen back to my beautiful dreamland, but get interrupted again, and this time by loud knocks, no, correction, it's loud bangs in front of my bedroom door.

"YAH! KIM TAEYEON! How dare you rejecting and ignoring my calls?! Now wake up will ya?! Yaahhh..!!" Well, i know that scary voice very well. That's my boss's angry voice. Aish, this demon! I scowled under my warm blanket. I walk unsteadily toward the door and open it.

"What?" I asked her with my weak voice once i see her standing in front of my door. I close one of my eyes, and furrowed my brow once the light from outside my dim room hits me.

"I'm hungry...." she said with her flat tone.

"And i'm sleepy." I said nonchalantly while rubbing both of my eyes with my hands.

"Yaahh! I really am hungry right now, Taeyeon-ah. Now please make something delicious to fill my growling stomach!" She demands.

Yeah.. she has called me with my name without any honorific anymore since like 3 days ago. And it sounds better i think compare to when she called me with honorific. She finally agree on put down the honorific between us since we're both are in the same age. It took quite some time to make her did that.

"Where is auntie Shin? Or auntie Park? They are the best cook in this house right?"

"Auntie Shin is sick, so she took a day off today. And auntie Park, she's going out to buy some ingredients to cook the dinner tonight. I can't wait for her to come back because my stomach is already madly asking to get feed."

"Aish.. fine." I said in defeat. No matter how sleepy i am right now, i must know my position in this house. Take a good care of Tiffany is one of my main job, so i have to do whatever she wants me to do.

 

I decide to make a kimchi fried rice for my hungry boss. As soon as i put down the plate on the dinner table, she immediately snatch it from me and start to dig in the food. Guess she's really not joking when she said that her stomach was growling madly on the inside.

I decide to have a cup of warm chocolate milk for myself. I bring my cup and sit across my boss. 

"Do you have any schedule for today?" I asked after took a sip on my drink.

She munched her food for awhile and swallow it before opening to answer me.

"I will go out with my friends later. But don't worry i won't bother you. My friend is going to pick me up. But later i might need you to pick me up from my friend's house and drive me back home."

"Okay then. If you need anything, just text or call me okay?" I reminded her. She's just giving me an 'okay' sign with her thumb while she continues to eating.

 

********************

 

Without my boss around me, i feel a kid who's didn't have her mom around to watch over me. I feel free~

So i spend my time by become the lazy and unproductive Taeyeon. All i do was eating, watching TV, playing video games, chatting with my friends through skype, and eating again. But once in awhile i'll keep checking on my phone constantly to see whether there's a new mesaage or miscall from my boss or not. But it seems like she's having a lot of fun with friends right now so she didn't bother me.

I took my bath, and once i walk out from the bathroom, i heard my phone ringing. I walk faster to reach my phone on the nightstand and answer the call.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Yah.. why you didn't reply to my text?" Ughh.. this familiar annoying voice.

"Aigoo.. my grumpy boss. I was taking my bath, Tiff. So that's why i didn't and couldn't reply to your text. Sorry.."

"Oh.. okay. Now could you come and pick me up?" She speaks with her normal voice now.

"Where are you now? Give me the address.."

After we ended the call, i just quickly dry my wet hair with the towel and run down the stairs to take the car key to pick up my grumpy impatient boss.

 

********************

 

Once i arrived at Tiffany's friend house, i decide to give her a call to let her know.

"Tiff? I am in front of your friend's house now."

"Okay.. i'll be out in a minute."

 

Shortly after we ended the call, i see her walk out from her friend's house.

"Hi. " she greets me while pulling the seatbelt and fasten it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter