Appa

Hot 'n Cold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Appa, you’re okay? You look so tired lately.” I speak as i walk closer to my dad and sit beside him. I was so thirsty, so i decide to grab some drinks inside my fridge. But when i look at the living room, i saw my dad sitting on the sofa while closing his eyes. He looks so tired, and it really makes me worry. I lost my mom when i was 9 because of cancer. So now i only have my dad, and i don’t want anything bad happen to him.

 

“I’m fine, Taeyeon-ah. It’s just because i work a little bit harder than usual. So yeah.. kind of fatigued i think.” He said while giving me a little smile to reassuring me. Little did he know, that kind of smile won’t make me feel at ease. Not even a bit. Because when i look into his eyes, all i can see is how tired he was. He must be work so hard lately. Since our family business didn’t run well, my dad sadly must close our store and trying to find another job. Finding a job is not an easy thing to do. And after a month of struggling hard in finding a job, he finally got it. Now he is working for one of a successful businessman in Korea. My dad working as his personal driver and his salary is quite decent because again, my dad’s boss is one of the most successful businessman in Korea, so no wonder. My dad will works for him from Monday to Saturday. Sunday is the only free day he got. But if my dad’s boss needs him on Sunday, he must come and do his job. He can’t say no to his boss, and sometimes it really makes me furious. I mean, my dad is a human too for God’s sake! He’s not a robot. How could someone ‘force’ him to work 7 days in a week?! And as for the daily working hour, my dad will start his work on 6 AM until 8 PM. But again, if his boss needs him to work overtime, he will do it. My dad often works until midnight if his boss had a late meeting or something. Even though everytime my dad worked late, he will get extra salary for working overtime, but still his healthiness is the most important thing to take care of.

 

“Appa.. you must have enough rest. You can’t keep working so hard like this. I don’t want you fallen sick again. gosh, i’m so dead worry about you appa!” i groaned in frustration.

 

“aigoo my kiddo.. i’m fine, okay? Don’t worry too much about me. i can take care of myself. I’m a big man, Taeyeon-ah..”

 

“Haish, that was exactly what you said 2 weeks ago to me. And on the next day, you fainted in front of me and  shorten 10 years of my life for seeing you in that state!”

 

“Hahahaha.. i’m sorry, kid. I won’t fainted again, promise..” he laugh heartily before ruffling my hair.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter