Not again!

Hot 'n Cold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 days later

*kring* *kring*

I run down the stairs from my room to the living room to pick up the phone.

“Yoboseyo?” i said once i put the phone against my right ear

“Is this Kim residence?”

“Yeah.. right. Who is this?” i asked once i hear the unfamiliar man voice from the other line.

“Are you, Kim Taeyeon? the daughter of Mr. Kim Dong Chul?” said the stranger again.

“Yes, it’s me Kim Taeyeon. may i help you?”

“Taeyeon-ssi, this is Park Yoong Chun, your dad’s friend. he fainted again. now he’s in the Shilla Hospital. But he’s fine. No need to worry. The doctor said he just get fatigued and also dehydration. So that’s why he fainted. Now all he needs is a proper rest.”

“o-okay. I’ll..I’ll be right there in minutes.” I said weakly and hung up the phone. Tears start to forming in the corner of my eyes threatening to fall anytime soon. My dad is fainted again. for God’s sake! How hard he have forced himself to work? He is the only thing that i have in this world. Knowing he works so damn freaking hard like this just so he and i can live a good life really killing me. i can’t help him. i just keep using his money for my college, for my books, my foods, clothes. Damn it! Maybe i should just quit from my university and looking for a job so he won’t be the only one who’s working so hard to make money for our family. But what kind of job should i apply to? And can an undergraduate like me find a good job? I highly doubt it.

 

Once i arrived in the hospital..

“Appa!” i barge in the room and looking for my dad. There he is, laying weakly on the hospital bed with needle piercing through his left hand.

“Taeyeon..” he smiled weakly at me and beckoning me to come closer to him.

“See? You promised me! You promised me you will take care of your body and won’t get fainted again! you’re a liar, dad!” i start to lose my temper.

“Taeyeon-ah.. i’m fine..”

“NO, YOU’RE NOT!” call me overreacting or whatever, but seeing your dad worked so damn hard for your own sake, and in the end keep fallen sick like this isn’t a very nice thing to see. Trust me.

“Ssttt.. i’m fine. I really am.” He said and hug me while patting my head softly. After few minutes, i finally start to cooling down and my anger subsides.

“I’m sorry, appa for yelling at you like that.” i finally speak with my normal tone

“It’s okay, tae.. and i’m sorry too for making you worry for me again.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter