The reason why

Hot 'n Cold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Taeyeon's POV)

*three weeks ago*

I was on my way back to Tiffany's house from the campus when my phone suddenly ringing. I take a glance at my phone screen to check on the caller ID. But it's from an unknown number. And judging by the phone number, it must be from outside Korea.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Hello? Can i speak to Miss Taeyeon Kim?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion when i heard this unknown caller speaking in english to me.

"Yes, this is Kim Taeyeon speaking. Pardon me, but who is this?" Now i reply in the same language.

"This is Janet Anderson from Madison University. So we were just accepted your submission letter few days ago. And i just want to inform and also to congratulate you because you are chosen as one of the scholarship recipient. And we have send an email to you. You may check it later, because all of the important information regarding to your scholarship and other things that you have to know are all written there. And if you still have a question or anything, you may call us or send an email to us. And we will get back to you as soon as possible."

 

********************

 

*Present time*

na jigeum eotteokhaji? (what should i do now?)

I haven't told anyone about this, even i haven't tell my dad about this. He must be very happy if he hear about this news. And as for me, i don't know anymore what to feel. I do feel happy because i can get the chance to study abroad with the scholarship. It means that i don't have to burden my dad or Mr Hwang, and also i can get the chance to get a better education in a big great country like U.S. but somehow my heart also feel so heavy. And i know why. It's because i don't want to leave her. And by saying 'her', i'm referring to a certain loud yet sweet girl that i love with every part in me, named Tiffany Hwang. I don't know whether i can leave her or not. Seeing her so dependent on me like this also worry me a lot. She can't drive a car by herself, she can't cook anything, she has a lot of things that she fear of. So how can i leave?

It's also such an irony because even though she is one of the main reason that might change my decision to go, at the same time she's also one of the main reason why i have to go. I love her. I really do. But loving her is a big mistake that i'm so aware of right from the beginning but sadly i just can't stop myself from falling for her. It's a mistake because i know that we just can't be together. She has another person that she loves. She told me that. And who am i to deserve someone as perfect as her? I have nothing to offer her except my heart. When she has everything that life could offer. Besides i don't think a beautiful girl like her will swing that way. she obviously can get any boy she wants, heck she even can get any girl if she want it. To make it simple, she can get anyone she wants, so why me? Of course i didn't deserve her. So i better back off and just know my place. 

Well.. i still have around one month before my departure. In that remaining time, i'll make sure Tiffany will be a more independent person for her own good, and for the sake of my heart. So my heart can be more at ease. Now the problem is, i just don't know how to break the news to her. And what her reaction would be?

 

********************

 

"I'm home!" There.. finally my favorite girl is back. I automatically smile when i see her standing in front of the door while trying to taking off her heels.

"Welcome back home." I greet her

"So are you ready for your cooking lesson today?" I asked her when she slumped her body on the sofa beside me.

"Damn. She remember." She muttered under her breath but i still can hear it.

"Yah.. can you at least show some enthusiasm?" I playfully nudged her on the stomach.

"Oh yay!" She shows me the most fakest enthusiastic expression ever and i had to laugh at her cute attempt.

"Haha.. i believe you can act better than that though. Now c'mon. Don't be a lazy . It's cooking time!" I said cheerfully while dragging her to the kitchen with me.

 

*******************

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter