Day 1

Hot 'n Cold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Chogiyo.." i said as i knock the front door of Hwang residence. But to no avail, no one open it. After around 10 minutes of waiting like a fool, finally someone open the door.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" This woman asked me. She must be one of the maid in this house.

"Ah.. annyeonghaseyo. I'm Kim Taeyeon. I will work as Tiff-, i mean Miss Hwang's personal assistant start from today." I explained.

"Ah.. i see. Sorry for taking some time to open the door. I was quite busy in the kitchen so i didn't hear the knock on the door. Besides, you can just press the bell rather than keep knocking on the door. We can immediately hear it if you just press the bell." She chuckled a little. I just scratch my not-so-itchy head out of embarrassment. Why i didn't think about pressing the bell? So smart of you, Kim Taeyeon. I mentally facepalmed myself.

"Now please come in.." She moves a little bit to the left side and let me in.

I can't help but 'gawking' at this house. Big is not enough to describe this house. This house is amazing! Like a kingdom but in more modern model of house. I don't know how many rooms they have in this house. A dozen? Geez, i might get lost if i wander alone by myself in this house. My thought get interrupted when i heard a loud cough..

"Ahem!" I automatically turn my head toward the source of that sound.

"Are you done gawking at my house?" Ugh! This voice..

"Tiff..i mean! Miss Hwang?"

She rolled her eyes and groaned before she speaks to me again,

"I've told you before. Just call me Tiffany. Is that so hard for you to understand?" Geez, i really want to slap her or at least yell at her right now but i have to bear it. I can't lose my job in the first day of working right? Be taeyeon (calm), Taeyeon-ah.. i told myself. My thought got interrupted as i heard her voice again..

"And you are.. Tae.. uh.."

"Taeyeon."

"Ah right, Taeyeon-ssi. Today is your first day working as my personal assistant right?"

"Yeah.. i think so." I answer groggily out of nervousness. I don't know whether my eyes play a trick on me or something but i think i saw her smile a little for a split second!

"Well.. auntie Shin, please show Taeyeon-ssi her room." Tiffany said to the woman who's standing beside me. She's the same person who was opening the door for me earlier.

"And Taeyeon-ssi, you may follow auntie Shin to your new room. I'll give you 30 minutes to get ready and prepare everything you need. And after that please meet me in the living room. I'm going to need you to drive me somewhere later." She explained

"Okay, i understand."

 

********************

 

I walk closely behind auntie Shin as i following her. We're climbing up the stairs and stop at the 2nd floor. Actually this house have 3 storeys.

"This is your room, Taeyeon-ssi." Said auntie Shin out of sudden as we stop in front of one door.

"Ne, thank you, auntie Shin. Can i call you that? Or you prefer i call you Mrs. Shin?" I asked cautiously. I don't want the same 'incident' that happened in the hospital with tiffany happen again this time.

"Sure, you can call me auntie Shin too." She smiled warmly at me. She reminds me of my mom. My mom has that kind of warm smile too. I was spacing out for awhile as my mind wander out about my mom.

"Are you okay, Taeyeon-ssi?" Auntie Shin's gentle voice brings me back to reality.

"Ah, i'm fine auntie Shin. Anyway just call me Taeyeon please?"

"Okay, Taeyeon." She smiles again. I just can't help but smiling back at her.

"Anyway, is there anything else you need?" She asked me again.

"Umm.. i don't think so. Oh! where's the toilet?" It is a very basic yet important question. I really need to know where the toilet is because i'm surely going to need it sooner or later. I don't want to get lost in this huge 'kingdom' when i'm in such urgent situation like that.

"Ah.. it's on the left. And if you turn right there, you'll see Miss Tiffany's room." She speaks while her hand moving to pointed here and there as she explain it to me.

"Okay, i'm going to memorize it." I grin playfully at her

"Okay then, if you need anything else, just ask me, okay?"

"Sure, auntie."

Hmm.. so my room is in the same floor with Tiffany. Speak of which, she's quite decent today. I mean she didn't all y and meanie like what she did on our first encounter in the hospital few days ago. Even though she's not really friendly either.

 

(30 minutes later..)

I have waiting for Tiffany for around 10 minutes because i decide to come earlier. It's better for me to wait for my boss rather than to be waited by my boss, right?

Luckily she's an 'on time' person. She walks toward me elegantly, you know just like a princess but without her long shiny gown. 

"C'mon." She said and gesturing me to follow her.

Once we're inside the car, i asked her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter