Chapter 16

Transparent

Woohyun really wanted to punch that kid. As soon as he called out to Sungjong and saw him stiffen, he knew immediately it was his fault Sunggyu went on that mission. He started to lose his cool in the middle of the conversation but luckily Sungjong was busy hiding his face in his book to see the anger on Woohyun's face. To calm himself down he clenched his fists and closed his eyes.

 

Too bad he had made that promise to Sunggyu a couple of minutes earlier. Woohyun had to repeat that sentence in his mind over and over to prevent himself from making a bad move.

 

I will not hurt him in any way. I will not hurt him in any way. I will not hurt him in any way.

 

Woohyun sighed; at least he wasn't the only one feeling pressure. Sungjong was getting very shaken up just looking at Woohyun so he decided to use that to get back at him.

 

A few days passed without any major events. Woohyun had somehow gotten Sunggyu to forget about Minho's death momentarily. Sungjong was still uncomfortable around Woohyun and that was how the purple haired man liked it. The younger needed to suffer a little longer before he was satisfied with the punishment he was giving him secretly.

 

Today, Sunggyu woke up with a heavy heart. He looked around the dark room for the digital clock. It was two in the morning; still two hours before everyone else woke up. He slowly climbed out of his bunk and tiptoed through the room. The outside corridor was empty and nearly pitch black but Sunggyu's eyes were adjusted to the dark. He strolled down the hall and all the way to the next building over, where he and Woohyun had their training lessons. As he approached the room, he could see a light on inside. He slowly opened the door to reveal a familiar figure kick at a practicing dummy.

 

"Woohyun."

 

The man looked over in shock, as if he didn't hear Sunggyu open the rusted door. As the brown haired man's eyes tuned into the light of the room, Woohyun wrapped a towel around his neck and walked over. Sunggyu noticed the beads of sweat rolling down from his hairline and chest. The white wife beater he was wearing was dyed a shade darker at the hem and the sleeves from the sweat as well.

 

"Hey… What are you doing up?" The purple haired man asked, stopping a foot away from the older rebel. Sunggyu instinctively took a step back from the other. As a Transparent, there was a set distance in which a Transparent could stand next to someone else. Sunggyu realized that he still had many of the Transparent tendencies, but he didn't know how to change them. Woohyun must have noticed because he also took a step back. The little gestures from Woohyun like this in order to make Sunggyu feel comfortable made his heart beat a little faster. He didn't know the exact emotion that he felt but he guessed it was either happy or shy.

 

"Just… I couldn't sleep." The brown haired man admitted, looking down. Woohyun gave a short laugh.

 

"So you came here out of all places?" He chuckled again. Sunggyu didn't respond so Woohyun stopped joking around. "Do you want to train with me? It helps if you have a lot on your mind." He suggested, moving to the side to reveal his miniature workout station he set up.

 

"Sure." Sunggyu agreed. He would do anything to get the looming sadness out of his head for a while. "So you practice here every morning before we train together?" The brown haired man asked curiously. Woohyun took his hand and walked them over to the equipment.

 

"Yeah, sometimes. Sometimes I spend the morning setting up for our lesson." He said casually. It was only then when Sunggyu realized that each morning, the course was already set up for the day's use.

 

"So you…" Sunggyu was at a loss of words. This had been going on for nearly a whole year and he didn't notice until now. The purple haired man gave him a questioning glance before setting up another training dummy next to his. "Wait, you said this was a good way to get things off of your mind, right? What do you think about that you find the need to punch things?" Sunggyu asked.

 

Woohyun was shocked. He had chosen his words without being careful. The purple haired man turned away for a second, racking his brain for any ideas.

 

"I – you know. Rebel business can get hard sometimes. And by the way, we should get our hair retouched. My roots are starting to show." Woohyun said in his carefree tone. Sunggyu raised an eyebrow at him as he turned around holding up a lock of hair.

 

"What do you think about really?" The brown haired man was not satisfied with Woohyun's answer. That threw the other man off. Sunggyu wasn't one to usually pry. The purple haired man sighed and sat down in his spot, pouting like a child.

 

"I think about you, okay?" He confessed, turning his face to the side and staring at the barely illuminated wall. Sunggyu continued to look down at him and wait for a more detailed answer. Woohyun gave him a look of annoyance but continued to spill the beans.

 

"This is probably the last thing you want to remember today." The purple haired man stated, hoping to derail Sunggyu's question. When it didn't work, he sighed. "Remember before all of this happened? When we – I mean I kissed you?"

 

The room went silent. Woohyun grimaced at the prolonged pause in sound. He didn't dare look up at Sunggyu as he waited. After what seemed like a thousand years, the brown haired man took a step closer and sat down in front of Woohyun.

 

"I remember." Sunggyu's voice came out hoarse. The purple haired rebel took a breath before continuing.

 

"Well, I think about that. I figured out what I feel for you but I'm still clueless about how you feel for me and that makes me want to throw myself into a wall."

 

Sunggyu remained quiet as Woohyun looked at him, eyes scanning for an answer. Sunggyu's throat went dry as he met his best friend's gaze.

 

"I don't know what you feel for me. I don't even know what I feel for you sometimes." He whispered, as he couldn't bring himself to speak any louder. Woohyun's mouth opened as if he was about to speak but no sound came out.

 

"I love you." Woohyun confessed after about a minute of looking into Sunggyu's eyes silently. Sunggyu ruffled his brown hair in frustration. "Look, I know you don't know what love is. I get it. But I do and I have been thinking of ways to explain it to you." Woohyun said quickly.

 

"Well then what is it?"

 

Without thinking, Woohyun leaned over to the other, face stopping a centimeter away. Their eyes focused on each other before the purple haired rebel's lowered to Sunggyu's pink lips. They stayed like that for a while. Woohyun's breath tickled Sunggyu's cheeks as the seconds went by. Finally, when he couldn't take it any longer, the brown haired man pushed his lips onto Woohyun's.

 

The kiss was more of a graze. Sunggyu immediately pulled back when his body felt like it was set on fire. Woohyun leaned back slightly and searched for Sunggyu's eyes.

 

"What was that?" He asked as the brown haired man met his gaze.

 

"I don't know. I just suddenly had the urge to." Sunggyu said breathlessly.

 

"Then why did you pull back?" Woohyun asked, trying to control himself from planting another kiss on Sunggyu's parted lips.

 

"Because I don't know!" The brown haired man said, voice raising a notch. "As soon as I touched you I got really hot so I pulled away." Woohyun was shocked at this statement. His mouth formed into an 'O' but it was quickly replaced with a genuine smile.

 

"So you felt hot and what else?" Woohyun tried to make Sunggyu explain in more detail. The man gave him a funny look but thought back anyway.

 

"It was too fast, there was nothing else… But, right now I'm dying to do it again." The brown haired man said before furrowing his eyebrows. Woohyun was laughing at him.

 

"I can tell, you've been staring at my mouth for a while now." The purple haired rebel said in between giggles. A blush crept onto Sunggyu's cheeks and he stood up.

 

"You are horrible." He said, covering his face with an arm. Woohyun smiled up at him before getting up as well. "I'm leaving." Sunggyu announced before swiftly turning on his heels. Woohyun dusted his off before grabbing his neck towel and tossing it at Sunggyu's retreating figure, making the other gasp as it landed on his head.

 

With one more glare, Sunggyu slammed the door closed, leaving Woohyun standing in the middle of the room alone. The purple haired man's smile faded as soon as the door shut. His head was spinning and his heart couldn't stop racing. Sunggyu had initiated the short kiss but it was enough to make Woohyun lose his cool.

 

"At least I got Minho off of his mind for a short while."

 

It wouldn't be for long, though. Woohyun knew that well. Sunggyu would return to his saddened state within a matter of hours. Today would be the worst out of all of them. Today was Minho's funeral.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Hey guys! I double updated today because I'm so sorry I kept you waiting! Keep in mind that Ahdah's time and our world's time is different! 2am for Ahdah is like 4am for us. A little bit of Woogyu since things have been a little solemn.