Chapter 8

Transparent

Woohyun smiled at the Transparent, leaning back in his chair like he owned it. And now, Sunggyu realized, he did own it – he owned the whole HQ. But why would someone of such high power go out of his way to free him? Sunggyu's savior was practically royalty in the eyes of they rebels. He could have easily stayed home while others rescued him. Sunggyu shivered as a rogue thought appeared in his head. What would've happened if he chose to go with Nam as his last name?

 

"Too shocked to say anything?" Woohyun asked, flipping his dark hair out of his light eyes. Sunggyu gave him a bored look and stood up, leaving his rebel alone in the room. "Hey, wait up!" Woohyun called as he scrambled to reach the red haired Transparent. Sunggyu had walked quite far away by the time Woohyun exited the huge room.

 

"Where is the training room that the other Transparents went to?" The red haired man asked when Woohyun stopped in front of him, preventing him from exploring the other end of the hallway. He attempted to pass the rebel by moving to the side but wherever he went, Woohyun was always a step ahead of him, blocking his path completely. "Where is it?" Sunggyu persisted, sighing. He came here to be free of living as a Transparent, not to play around.

 

"The lesson probably already started. How about I give you private classes? Most of it is physical work and no one does that better than I do." Woohyun suggested with a charming smile plastered to his face. Sunggyu raised a brow at the rebel who was standing in front of him in a silly position. Before he could politely decline, the Transparent was forcefully led out of the hall and through multiple rooms until they came to a sudden stop. Sunggyu rubbed his reddening wrist that Woohyun dragged him by and looked around. They had entered a large warehouse type of room with empty barrels and stacks of wood lying everywhere making movement a task.

 

"Okay, I'll start off with the rules and then training starts immediately." The rebel announced, not giving the red head any time to process the sudden turn of events. "First, you are no longer a Transparent. You are now a rebel of the Dawning Trinity from squadron seven." Woohyun said, pacing around the room like the teachers at Carol did. Sunggyu nodded slowly, not understanding his new title much. He didn't know how to be anything but a Transparent. Woohyun seemed to sense the hesitance in the red head and stopped pacing around.

 

"Squadron seven is for the newcomers to the group. Everyone is put into it when they first start. If by the end of the first month of training you are fit to move up a rank, you will go on to squadron six. Do you get it? Alright, let's start." Woohyun clarified. Sunggyu nodded again, this time fully understanding.

 

"I have one question before we start, though." The new rebel stated. After getting a grunt out of Woohyun, he proceeded to ask. "What rank are you?" The red head asked. Woohyun gave a small laugh and pat the clueless Sunggyu on the back.

 

"Let's see now. I'm the son of the leader and I'm also the best at what we do…I'll let you figure it out." He said before stepping away from the Transparent turned rebel. "First thing's first. I have to run you through some mental tests to give you the mindset of a rebel." Woohyun smile nulled and he became serious. Sunggyu got over his curiosity and focused on the main task at hand.

 

"Test one. Whom do you belong to?" Sunggyu thought it was an easy question and answered it without much thought.

 

"The Lee family." Woohyun gave him a sharp look, making him look down at his feet.

 

"Nobody." The rebel corrected in a stern voice, something Sunggyu didn't know the man possessed. "You are no longer a Transparent."

 

"Right…no longer a Transparent." The red head repeated awkwardly. Something about that didn't seem right to him. Woohyun nodded in approval and continued.

 

"Test two. Kim Sunggyu, tell me about your past." Sunggyu looked at him strangely. How was this going to help him become a rebel? He thought there was going to be a lot more physical movement involved rather than just standing around answering questions.

 

"Uh…I was a Transparent born and raised in Carol. I was pretty average in skills and wasn't sure I would be picked at the auction because of my appearance." Sunggyu said slowly. Woohyun sighed and got to the point.

 

"What was your old motto?" He asked, stepping closer, invading Sunggyu's personal bubble. He looked right into his eyes, making the new rebel avert his gaze to somewhere behind him.

 

"We were born to serve our masters, the families of the Holy sanctum. We must obey every command given to us without question." The red head said in a monotone voice. He had said it so much in his life it was basically a prayer before dinner to the Transparent. It seemed like that was what Woohyun wanted to hear because a slight smirk formed on his face before he masked it with a frown.

 

"Erase that. From now on your motto is 'we live for ourselves. Everything is permitted.' Do you understand?" He ordered. Sunggyu nodded, swallowing hard. It felt like he was back in Carol again with the way Woohyun was looking at him like he was trash.

 

"Great!" The rebel exclaimed happily. His stern attitude was quickly replaced with his normal, aloof self. "I'm sorry, I was just playing with you." He laughed, noticing Sunggyu release a large breath of relief.

 

"Don't do that again, please." The red head said, stepping back to regain his personal space. His heartbeat had quickened significantly during those few tests.

 

"Sorry, sorry. I was right on my prediction, though." Woohyun apologized again. "I felt like you couldn't handle the real training that we are supposed to give the new recruits so I tested my theory."

 

"I don't understand." Sunggyu said bluntly, making Woohyun let out a laugh.

 

"It seems like you've already started to regain emotions by yourself. When you told me that you didn't want to leave the Lees instead of telling me that you would be breaking the law led me to think you were already reawaking your free will. You later proved to me that you had your own free will when you unlocked the window. I knew Transparents can't read but I wrote it anyway as a test. Basically, I was intrigued by you since the start." Woohyun stated with a smile. The red head still looked confused.

 

"So how does this relate to me not being able to complete the training with the others?"

 

"Don't you see? Just then, you were scared. Any other Transparent wouldn't have felt a thing but you felt nervous." Woohyun said, clarifying his statement for the lost red haired man. Sunggyu wasn't normally so slow at getting things but Woohyun's way of thinking got him all mixed up and confused.

 

"Now, for the real deal. See that door on the other side of all this rubble?" Woohyun pointed to the other side of the room that could barely be seen in between the stacks of wood. Sunggyu nodded and he went on. "I'll race you over there. Beat me and we can continue."

 

It seemed easy enough but the huge piles of supplies blocking the way would prove to be a challenge. Nevertheless, the red head prepared to maneuver through the mess. As soon as Woohyun shouted go, they both took off running. Woohyun was light of his feet, jumping from stack to stack of wood before seamlessly dodging every obstacle in his way. He tapped the door on the other side and looked back for Sunggyu. He sighed when he saw the flash of red move slowly through the rubble a few meters away.

 

"You didn't disappoint me with your emotions but you still think like a Transparent." Woohyun said upon Sunggyu's arrival to the finish line. It had been a five-minute wait before he made it over and the rebel had gotten tired of standing.

 

"How else am I supposed to do this? I can't jump around like you do, sadly." The red head frowned. Woohyun smiled and pushed himself off the wall.

 

"Is that an invitation to show you how to do it?" Woohyun raised an eyebrow suggestively.

 

"Isn't that why I'm here?" Sunggyu asked, oblivious to the hidden meaning behind the statement. The brown haired rebel laughed at his innocence and ruffled his hair.

 

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

Guess who is going to destroy their sleep schedule in order to watch the MAMA awards tonight! *Cries a river* The things I do for Infinite…. Also I got a job at a graphics shop! If any of you want a poster made by me now you can! :D By the way if you guys are confused on the ending it was Woohyun asking if it was okay to touch Sunggyu hehehehe~