Chapter 18

Transparent

Sunggyu woke up with a terrible headache. He couldn't bring himself to open his eyes but he felt his forehead, which burned against his cold hand. Sunggyu's sighed. Even in his groggy state, it was obvious he had a fever. He forced one eye open and scanned the room.

 

He was in a place he had never seen before. The room was large and had matching white walls with the numerous amounts of beds in the room. Some beds had curtains drawn around them to insure privacy. Sunggyu's bed was located in the center left of the room with the curtain pulled back at the side, giving him a perfect view of both sides. There were a few beds occupied to the right of him, all with rebels who were lying in pain.

 

"So you're up." A rich voice broke the silence. Sunggyu tried to shift around to look behind him but stopped himself. With each tiny movement, his head pulsed angrily. He groaned when he finally flipped over to his other side, towards the voice.

 

Woohyun looked up from his bed. He had one leg propped up and his hands cupping the back of his head. Sunggyu wondered why he was there; he didn't look sick at all. The purple haired man sat up and swung his legs off the bed, propping himself up with his hands.

 

"You fainted in the garden." He said, trying to jog his friend's memory. The brown haired man stayed quiet for a while, as if he was trying to remember. Suddenly he gasped and tried to sit up but ended up letting out a whimper and slowly lying back down.

 

"Hey, don't move." Woohyun said, rushing to him. Sunggyu glanced up at the man. Worry was evident on his features but he remained calm. "The doctor said you fainted from stress and ended up getting a fever." He said, sitting down on the corner of the mattress.

 

"Sorry." Sunggyu said, his voice hoarse. Woohyun shook his head with a smile.

 

"Maybe I should have held off on the feelings, huh? You have been too hard on yourself lately. Your body isn't used to the emotional stress just yet."

 

Sunggyu felt his head jolt in pain suddenly and he yelped. Woohyun's face contorted in concern as he watched the brown haired man place his hands on his head, trying to make the pain subside.

 

"I'll leave. You get some rest." He whispered before walking off, leaving Sunggyu to burry himself in blankets. He closed his eyes and wished for his fever to go down quickly. He still needed to talk to Woohyun about their relationship and how it was going to change.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

Woohyun closed the door to the infirmary as quietly as he could before making his way back to the main building of HQ. As he walked, his walkie-talkie started to spew out static.

 

"Woohyun, son, I need you to go on an urgent mission." Seungah's voice came through after a while. The purple haired man held down the button to respond.

 

"Of course, mother. What happened?"

 

"Lee Sungjong has run away. We suspect he returned to the Holy section in order to get revenge for Choi Minho." She said, a hint of worry underlining her strong voice. Woohyun felt his hear skip a beat as he remembered that Sungjong and Minho were pretty close friends. He clicked his tongue before striding off to prepare for his departure.

 

He changed from his tuxedo to his rebel uniform and slipped out of his room in a hurry. His mother told him the rest of the details as he packed his bag. Him and a small team of members were going to search around Hwang Daecheol's house for any signs of the young rebel. Woohyun forgot about Sunggyu and focused on the problem at hand. There weren't a lot of deaths in the Trinity and the rebel wanted to keep it that way.

 

Woohyun exited the HQ and met up with the group waiting outside for the van. He noted that Dongwoo and joined in and remembered that Sungjong was the one who rescued him. He offered a comforting smile when the rebel looked at him.

 

"Don't worry, we will find him." The purple haired man said under his breath, more to himself than anyone. Sungjong was also his good friend, even though he pissed Woohyun off more than enough times to be considered an enemy. Hence why he didn't have the heart to punish him when he found out it was Sungjong that had invited Sunggyu on that mission.

 

They loaded into the black van in silence and drove away from the Dawning Trinity HQ in a hurry. Woohyun looked out of the window as they drew farther and farther into Holy territory. One could call this a high-risk mission due to the time of day they departed. It was just nearing 3 o'clock when they arrived two blocks away from the police chief's house. The purple haired rebel let out a breath to calm himself down before quickly hiding behind a bush.

 

He and Dongwoo took the role of looking around the farthest parts of the area while the other rebels took the grounds much closer to the target house. Woohyun motioned for Dongwoo to run across the street to a miniature park. It was a risky move but the bush they were currently hiding behind was a bit too small for the both of them. Seungah had warned that the area had been on high alert since the last mission so they had to be careful with each step they took.

 

Woohyun eyed a camera hidden in the tree right above them. Luckily, the camera was tilted away from where they were so it didn't spot them. Who knows what would have happened if they were found so soon. They had to move stealthily or else the whole group would be in danger. The purple haired man scanned the empty streets to make sure that no cars were approaching before standing up and sprinting to the other side, making it safely behind a tree. Dongwoo quickly followed and hide next to a hedge.

 

So far, there were no signs of Sungjong. However, someone radioed in that they found a fingerless glove on the ground. It could have been the young rebel's, but they weren't sure. Woohyun reported the news to Dongwoo before they made their way to the other groups who found the piece of cloth.

 

Along the way there, a huge black and white van pulled up in the street they were right about to cross. Woohyun pushed Dongwoo to the ground forcefully as soon as he read the words lining the side of the car.

 

"Damn, it's the police." The purple man whispered as he watched a few cops get out. They had their guns drawn and were looking for something. Dongwoo spotted a camera and nudged Woohyun's arm. They both looked up and their hearts stopped. The camera was pointing directly at them with its silent siren going off.

 

"What do we do?" Dongwoo asked, scared for his life. Woohyun opened his mouth to answer but stopped when a cop started nearing their hiding place. The man was bulky and looked ready to fight. He stepped closer and closer and with each second passing, Woohyun's heart rate increased. In all of his missions, he had never encountered the police so this was new ground for him.

 

"On the count of three, run." He whispered in a hushed tone. Dongwoo shakily nodded as his breath hitched in his throat. The count down was seconds away from starting as the cop continued to examine their surroundings. He seem to have caught the sound of their breathing because his head snapped towards their hiding places.

 

By now, they would be caught if Woohyun even whispered the numbers, so instead he lifted a finger. Dongwoo became restless as a second finger was raised. As Woohyun was about to raise a third finger, the policeman was called back into formation. Dongwoo and Woohyun both let out sighs of relief as they peaked out of their hiding places.

 

Suddenly they were both yanked up by their collars and shoved into the street. Woohyun groaned loudly as his face met the paved road. Dongwoo let out a sharp scream, loud enough for the other rebel teams to hear from their position. The purple haired man attempted to get up but froze when his eyes met up with the barrels of four guns.

 

"So you think you can just waltz around here, do you?" A gruff voice spoke out from behind the two rebels. They quickly turned around to see a man they've never encountered before. "Don't you recognize me?" He asked upon seeing confusion in their faces.

 

"How could I possibly? All you slave owners look the same to me." Woohyun spat. Dongwoo gave him a frightful look, wishing he had not said that. The purple haired rebel regretted it to once the baron smirked at him.

 

"Oh, but you should. I remember you very clearly. How long has it been since I've seen you? A year already?" He chuckled to himself when the rebel didn't seem to catch on.

 

"I don't know what you are talking about." Woohyun growled, changing his position on the ground to look intimidating. The Holy laughed again before bending down to his level.

 

"It's been a year since you stole my son's beloved Transparent. What was his name? Sunggyu?"

 

Woohyun felt his heart drop as he looked into the man's cruel and merciless eyes. His glare faltered for a split second but it was long enough for Mr. Lee to find Woohyun's weakness.

 

"It seems you are acquainted. Well, this should definitely make things more interesting." Mr. Lee continued sadistically before ordering his men to throw the rebels into the car.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hi guys! Things are happening in the story for sure. Oh no, what will Sunggyu do? No more Woohyun? Hahahahaha~~~ Find out soon!