Chapter 8

Pretense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“mommy!” Lauren screamed like a mad man when she enters her parent’s room without knocking.

 

Dara who is sitting at the edge of the bed almost fell when she heard her daughter’s scream while Chaerin choke a little and almost spit her coffee on her laptop.

 

“what’s wrong baby?” Dara ask, rubbing her chest to calm her fast beating heart. Lauren runs to Dara and jump into her expecting Dara to catch her which the latter did. “mommy! Mommy! Mommy!” Lauren keeps on calling Dara and giggles after.

 

Dara look at Chaerin sending some telepathy message asking what’s wrong with their daughter. Chaerin only shrug at Dara.

 

‘my daughter didn’t even spare some attention and ask where I am yet you’re asking me what’s wrong with her?’ Chaerin protests inside.

 

“baby.. you look happy? Why baby?” Dara ask.

 

Lauren re-position herself on Dara’s lap and give her brightest smile to Dara. “mommy! My teacher said that our school will be having annual school party and guess what mommy!”

 

“what baby? Tell mommy what it is.” Dara excitedly ask her daughter. Now her energy is same as her daughter.

 

Party, just hearing the word party makes Dara feeling excited. She wanted to attend school’s party. She wanted to leave happy memories for Lauren.

 

“we… will… wear… costumes!!!!” Lauren said word by word and every word she’s saying her pitch is getting higher and higher. “yes mommy! Costumes! Me, Lauren, you, mommy and mom… wait where’s mom mommy?” Lauren stops and finally notice that her mom is not with their little meeting.

 

“finally you notice me” a sudden voice join them. Lauren look at her side and find her mom walking towards them and join them. “mom! I know you’re just around here right mommy?” Lauren said and peck on CHaerin’s lips when Chaerin finally sat down beside them.

 

Dara nods at Lauren while Chaerin roll her eyes.

 

Lately, she’s getting used of being left out as if she’s invisible and Lauren just happened to have some super-natural powers that can see invisible people if she wanted to.

 

“why you’re so mean to your mom?” Chaerin ask acting hurt. “our daughter got that from you honey so don’t ask” Dara answer in behalf of their daughter. Lauren on the other hand is just nodding to what Dara answered Chaerin. For Lauren her mommy is always right.

 

“mommy! Mommy!” Lauren call Dara again when she notice that her both mothers will start another silly argument.

 

Dara look back at Lauren. “yes baby?”

 

“mommy since mom is here let’s think about of what costume we will wear for our school’s party” Lauren enthusiastically said. Dara swear to all the animals inside the ZOO Lauren sounds like Bom when you tell her that there’s a new bakery that have corn inspired breads.

 

Dara’s eyes brighten and she smile widely. “you’re right baby. What do you want to wear?”

 

Costume! It’s her call. Finally she can use her creativity. Dara will do anything to be the best dress at the party.

 

“I’m not gonna wear any costume” Chaerin butted in. Dara look at her with left brow as high as their room’s ceiling. “i’m not asking your opinion honey. Just sit there and listen to us.” Dara said and pat Chaerin’s right cheek lightly.

 

Chaerin glare at Dara.

 

IF glare can cut heads, surely Dara’s head is into tiny pieces right now.

 

“mommy i want to wear costume with tails”

 

Dara put her pointing finger on her chin and stare at Chaerin as if CHaerin is the source of her ideas, weird ideas. “hmmm… how about you wear DONKEY costume!” Dara said sounding like a genius and talk like a genius.

 

“mommy why DONKEY?” Lauren pout as a sign of protest of her mommy’s idea.

 

“baby you said you wanted to wear costume with tail. DONKEY has tail” Dara reasoned out.

 

“if i will wear DONKEY  costume what will you and mom wear?”

 

“mommy will wear PRINCESS FIONA, the princess not the green one, costume and mom will wear SHREK costume.” Dara answer followed by giggles.

 

Chaerin widen her eyes. “WHAT!?” CHaerin then face her wife and daughter. “me SHREK? Why?”

 

Dara stare at Chaerin. “do you know who is SHREK  honey?”

 

Dara tilted her head to the side waiting for her wife to answer her question. “o---of c---course I know who is S---Shrek! What do you think of me? A dumb?” Chaerin answer and looks away.

 

The truth is Chaerin really didn’t know who is that SHREK but the way her fake wife stares and smirk at her she knows that SHREK is not a good character. Her image will be ruined if she will agree with her wife’s idea.

 

Better act than being caught. In this way Dara might let it slip and think of other character for their costume.

 

“then who is SHREK honey?” Dara challenge Chaerin.

 

‘ahhrrrggghh! Of course Dara won’t be Dara if she will just let it pass’ Chaerin thought.

 

“uhh…”

 

‘!’ CHaerin thought.

 

‘I know you don’t know him honey.’ Dara smirk inside, evil smirk.

 

“SHREK… is a… is a… F---FISH! Yes! A fish! SHREK is a fish. You think i don’t know it honey?” Chaerin said with proud smile on her face. She even look at Dara and Lauren with proud pose. “Honey, don’t challenge me always because I’m smart, way too smart and i knew a lot… like A LOT” Chaerin added cockily.

 

Lauren and Dara shook their head at the same time. “baby why you didn’t ask your mom to join you watching movies? Now we have to deal with it.” Dara said dramatically and acts like she’s fainting.

 

“she’s too busy mommy.” Lauren sigh exaggeratedly. “i should’ve ask you mommy to talk inside my room than here. Mom is just giving us hard time than we should” Lauren added and follows Dara as she fake fainted and drop her body on top of Dara’s ‘fainted’ body.

 

“yah! What do you mean! You two just can’t believe that even if I’m too busy i still know that SHREK creature you wanted me to be” Chaerin scoff and pull Dara together with Lauren to sit again.

 

“baby can you show to your mom who’s SHREK?” Dara pinch the bridge of her nose and close her eyes while shaking her head.

 

Lauren deeply sigh and shook her head too. “mom this is SHREK.” Lauren shows the picture of SHREK from the flat screen inside the room.

 

Upon seeing the real SHREK, Chaerin widen her eyes and her jaw drop a little. “no way i will wear costume like that!!” Chaerin said raising her voice a little.

 

Chaerin also glare at Dara who is giggling beside her.

 

“ok. Then how about OLAF baby? I will be ANA and mom will be her long lost sister, ELSA”

 

“i think it’s a good idea mommy.”

 

“no way! I don’t want to be that ELSA with small pointed nose and eyes as big as buildings! No way!” Chaerin again protested.

 

“but i think mommy my classmates will also wear costumes like tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter