Chapter 15

Pretense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Dara Park-Lee! Lauren Park-Lee!” Chaerin’s voice roars inside the room.

 

The two owners of the said names slowly turn their head to the source of the load voice. Their eyes widen as big as tennis ball.

 

“mom?!”

 

“honey-bunch-sugar-pop-pumpkin-pie-sweetie-pie?!”

 

The two said at the same time but the other is longer.

 

Lauren turn to look at Dara with amusement. “wow!”

 

Dara turn to look at her daughter. “why baby?”

 

Lauren shook her head and smile. “nothing mommy. It’s just you’re jjang! Jjang! Jjang!” Lauren raise her both thumb.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“yah! You two!!” Chaerin scream after having enough of being ignored even if she’s mad.

 

Dara and Lauren look at Chaerin innocently.

 

“don’t look at me like that. You two need to be punish” Chaerin said sternly. “follow me” Chaerin commanded.

 

Dara and Lauren look at each other and shrug.

 

“mommy let’s follow mom before she decide to throw tantrums” Lauren said, loud enough for Chaerin to hear Lauren.

 

Chaerin stops walking and face her daughter who is standing beside Dara.

 

“are you gonna punish us or not?” Dara said firstly as she feels that Chaerin will say something because of Lauren.

 

“mommy’s right mom. if you keep on stopping and turning how will you punish us?” Lauren supported. “you will just make yourself dizzy.” Lauren added.

 

Dara and Lauren stares at Chaerin innocently but for Chaerin it looks like they’re challenging her or mocking her or whatever negative.

 

Chaerin gritted her teeth and continue walking.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“baby?” Dara whispers.

 

“yes mommy?” Lauren whisper back.

 

Dara glance at Chaerin before stopping her tracks and also Lauren.

 

“let’s escape before mom can punish us. Because I’m sure mom’s punishment is like a nightmare”

 

Lauren gasps. Dara immediately covers Lauren’s mouth. “ssshhhhh…. Or mom will notice that we’re not walking behind her” Dara said after checking if Chaerin heard Lauren or not. Thankfully Chaerin is deaf and too occupied with her thoughts to notice them.

 

Lauren nod and Dara remove her hand. “so… do you want to come with me or you want to follow your mom?”

 

“of course I want to come with you mommy!” Lauren said a little loud making Dara covers Lauren’s mouth again.

 

“baby shhhhh… we don’t want mom to caught us right?”

 

Lauren nodded. “sorry mommy” Lauren said after Dara remove her hand for the second time.

 

“so? Let’s go?” Dara offers her right hand and Lauren with her heart and soul gladly accepts Dara’s hand.

 

They start running opposite to where Chaerin is walking with smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Lauren, Dara, go inside before I lose my temper” Chaerin open the door widely, enough for Dara and Lauren to enter while she’s holding the door’s knob.

 

C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter