Chapter 12

Pretense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

i'll update PRETENSE  later... and "maybe" this story too and Love is Ouch

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chaerin is busy moving inside the kitchen humming now and then. Her energy reach the max that even maids are a bit confused… and afraid. It’s their only second time seeing Chaerin inside the kitchen. The first is when Chaerin cooked breakfast for Dara and rained it with sleeping powder that even maids fell asleep when they ate the food.

 

“mom?” Lauren called un-sure if it’s really her mother. She thinks that earth finally invaded by aliens and her mom got kidnapped and replace it with alien acting like her mom.

 

 She’s shocked seeing her mom in the kitchen early in the morning. Not only that, her mom is holding a plate full of rolled ham stuffed with egg, cheese and lettuce.

 

It’s a big miracle.

 

‘is this the end of the world?’

 

Chaerin put the plate on the table and look at her daughter with wide smile. “well good morning to you too baby” Chaerin greeted Lauren and kiss her on her cheeks.

 

“what are you doing inside the kitchen mom?”

 

Chaerin stare at her daughter finding the question a little confusing.

 

‘what else should I do inside the kitchen?’ Chaerin thought.

 

“uhhh… cooking? What else should I do here? Doing the laundry? Sleeping? Or taking my bath?”

 

‘mom is getting good with her comebacks. Yes, good only because mom came from worst-worst’ Lauren mentally praised her mom. She don’t want her mom to feel cocky when she praised her vocally. ‘cocky mom is worst’ Lauren added.

 

Lauren pull the chair and step on it, “are you having fever mom? Like extreme fever? Like what Rachel’s son, Aidan, have in the movie ‘the ring’?” Lauren ask and put the back of her hand on her mom’s forehead. “mmmm… your temperature is normal mom. I think your fever is inside your body. This is a little bad. Don’t worry mom I’ll tell this to mommy.” Lauren commented while nodding her head totally acting like a Doctor’s assistant.

 

Chaerin pinch her daughter’s cheeks, “I’m perfectly normal baby. I don’t have fever or other disease. I just wanted to cook for you and mommy”

 

Lauren nodded, “yup! mom is definitely really sick. This is getting bad.” Lauren talk to herself but loudly. She’s very sure that her mom is sick. They need to call doctor or some ghost busters before her mom gets worse.

 

She loves her mom so much that’s why they need to send her to the hospital very quick.

 

Chaerin dismissed her daughter’s comment and smile like a creepy clown at the scary movies.

 

“baby I have a very good joke for you” Chaerin suddenly remember.

 

Lauren’s face lift up and temporarily forgot  the disease of her mom, “really mom?”. Chaerin nodded and smile proudly, “tell me mom! tell me! Tell me! Tell me!”

 

Lauren jumps a little on the chair.

 

“look at that hams”

 

Lauren look at the plate full of rolled hams, “what’s with that mom? you want me to eat first before I hear your joke?”

 

Chaerin rolled her eyes, “no. but… what did the ham said to the cheese, egg and lettuce?” Chaerin excitedly asked. It’s a joke that she suddenly invented while preparing the rolled hams. She even edited it few times. Mentally edited it.

 

Lauren stare at her mom, not trusting the question and her mom’s joke but she shrugged and give her mom a try.

 

Ther’s nothing wrong in giving her a try right?

 

Yeah! That’s right! There are lots of wrongs when you give her a try.

 

“what mom?”

 

Chaerin giggles. She even covers controlling herself from laughing out loud. She thinks that her joke is hilarious that even the highest paid comedian in Seoul will laugh with her joke.

 

 

She breaths in and breath out to prepare herself from dropping the highlight of the joke.

 

“I will roll all of you!!!” Chaerin finally drop the joke adding some manly voice effect.

 

Chaerin burst. She can’t control her laugh any longer. Her joke is really funny, at least for her.

 

While Chaerin is busy laughing her daughter is just watching her while smiling awkwardly. Her face looks like she just drunk a big bottle of vinegar with lemon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“good mo…. Woooaaaaah! What’s the meaning of this?” Dara magically appeared from nowhere like a ninja.

 

Lauren who is also a ninja like her mommy jump from the chair and run towards her mommy, “mommy I told you don’t leave me alone with mom!” Lauren whines.

 

Dara glance at CHaerin who’s still laughing.

 

‘I’m not surprised if later I’ll smell some deadly bomb here. too much laugh is the cause of powerful fart. More powerful than Shriek’s fart’

 

“why baby? What’s wrong? And I told you to wait for me right?”

 

Lauren nodded in agreement, “mom threw a joke”

 

“and?”

 

Chaerin finally stops laughing and notice that her daughter is not with her.

 

“want to hear my joke?” Chaerin excitedly ask Dara. She’s still confident that everybody will laugh with her joke.

 

Dara on the other hand can feel that the joke CHaerin will drop is an ‘all-kill-joke’ that can drop the mood of every person who will hear it.

 

Her joke is perfect to ruin one’s morning and day.

 

“ohhhh---kayyy” Dara reluctantly agreed.

 

Chaerin cleared first preparing her voice before grinning.

 

Dara almost run before the joke will start.

 

Better save your mood as what Dara thinks.

 

She’s really having a bad feeling about this joke.

 

Chaerin get the plate with poor innocent ham rolls, “see this?”

 

Dara nodded, “uhhh---huh”

 

“what did the ham said to the egg, cheese and lettuce?”

 

“I don’t know?”

 

“Common honey… think! Try to guess”

 

Dara tap her chin with her pointing finger. She stare at the ham rolls as if asking for the answer so this joke that CHaerin is too proud will end as soon as possible.

 

“hmmm… I will roll all of you?” Dara make a guess.

 

Chaerin’s face instantly drops the moment Dara answered her with the correct answer.

 

 

Lauren on the other side starts laughing like a retard contrast with what her mom’s reaction.

 

“mommy… is… such… a… genius” Lauren said in between her laughs. She even holds her tummy from too much laughing.

 

 

Chaerin feel offended and jealous

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter