Chapter 16

Pretense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“baby, just choose whatever you want ok? But not too much coz mommy forgot her wallet” Dara reminded her daughter. They’re currently inside the department store of the nearest mall from their house.

 

Lauren nodded at Dara, “ok mommy!” She answered and ran away with big smile on her face.

 

Dara who is standing not far  from Lauren shook her head. “such a shop-a-holic”

 

Dara  then looks around and something caught her attention.

 

She looks back at Lauren and checks her before she walks towards the shirt section.

 

Dara started to look at the shirts but not forgetting to check Lauren from time to time.

 

“Lauren likes pink. I like pink too… and Chaerin is not fond of pink… what should I do?” Dara ask herself like she’s asking someone beside her.

 

Dara checks Lauren again and smile when she saw Lauren having hard time choosing what design of bag she will get. Not only that, Lauren is also speaking to herself just like Dara a while ago.

 

“so… what should I choose?”

 

“hi! Can I help you?”

 

Dara look at the owner of the voice and smile a little.

 

“thank you but no thank you” She answered politely. She return her attention to the three different colors of shirts in front of her.

 

“but you seems having hard time”

 

“not really…” Dara glance at Lauren then back to the shirts. “it’s just I’m thinking if I should buy my wife pink shirt, same as mine and my daughter or should I buy different colors, pink for my daughter, white for me and black for my wife.” Dara answered absentmindedly.

 

“you’re married!?” the stranger who happened to be a girl reacted with voice raised showing how shocked she is when she received a shocking answer from the girl she fancied and unconsciously took her breathe away.

 

Dara giggles at her making the girl’s heart skip a beat. “yup!! Why isn’t obvious?”

 

The girl shook her head.

 

“That’s my daughter over there” Dara pointed the still busy Lauren. The girl follows the direction where Dara is pointing. She frown inside knowing that Dara is really taken.

 

“beautiful right?”

 

The girl nodded.

 

“you look too young to be married” the girl commented.

 

Dara, in the end decided that she will just buy same color of shirts but with different designs.

 

“I got that a lot”

 

“Where is your wife?”

 

“At home. Fumming mad because we left her”

 

“you must love her too much”

 

Dara smiles and nodded.

 

“She’s lucky”

 

Dara giggles, “Thank you.”

 

She then left and walks to her daughter.

 

“Are you done baby?”

 

Lauren nodded, “yes mommy”

 

Dara gets the items that her daughter chose and holds her tiny hand. “let’s go and pay now baby”

 

 

 

“well, well, well, looks like my daughter and wife is enjoying their shopping bonding without me” a sudden cold voice shocked the mom and daughter duo.

 

“mom?”

“my wife?”

 

Chaerin smile warmly at Lauren and glares at Dara coldly. But failed to send shivers to Dara with her cold glare.

 

“how did you find us?”

 

“I have my ways.”

 

Dara widen her eyes, “you have your own road babe?” Dara exclaimed. “Wow! I know you’re rich but having your own raod? That’s just… wow!” Dara said amused.

 

Chaerin literally facepalmed. And to add, Lauren just stare at Chaerin with wide eyes, “mom! We have our own road? Wow! Daeback! Dae to the back! You’re jjang mom! Jjang! Jjang!”

 

Chaerin calm herself first before answering her fake wife and daughter, “way… I have this thing that… uuuurrrggghhh! Nevermind” Chaerin just decided to let her wife  and daughter because she doesn’t know how to explain herself without receiving comebacks from Dara and supporting Dara’s comeback by Lauren.

 

“So are you done?”

 

Dara and Lauren both nodded. Chaerin give her card to the cashier.

 

“after this let’s eat. I’m hungry”

 

“babe, baby before we eat let’s change first with this”

 

Dara

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter