chappie~ 9

It Was You

"Ge~! Why am I sleeping in your room again?"

"Huh? Isn't it obvious? Because that woman is staying in your room." Kris said.

"Can't she stay here instead?"

"THAT'S A BIG NO Tao!"

"But.. ." Kris gave him the look. ". .Then! Can I stay on Yi's room instead??"

"FINE! let's go get Yi! Starting today the three of us will be sleeping together!!" he said.

"What? No! Gege~! I don't want to sleep with you!" Tao whined.

"why?" the older asked in disbelief.

"Because it's embarrassing!!" he argued. "I'll sleep on Yi's room. You guys sleep together."

"You guys blah blah blah together~!" Kris imitates Tao. "No! I'll get Yi and we'll sleep together and that's final. One more word and I'll kiss you!" he threatens him. Tao stays still and did not talk back again. "Good. Stay here! I'll go get Yi."

When Kris is gone, Tao suddenly smiled and rolled on the older's bed. He just can't stop himself from thinking how sweet Kris is. He even said if he talk back more, he'll kiss him. He doesn't want to be so obvious so he shut up, but in reality, he wants to be kissed. Surprise Surprise. Kris entered the room again with a and super unamused face. He was crossing his arms and his eyebrows are meeting each other's end.

"What's wrong gege? Where's Yi?" he asked.

"She's already asleep.. ..with Xie."

"With miss Xie?"

"That woman is sleeping beside my daughter. I didn't know he hates the room I gave her so much." Kris said. Tao chuckles.

"Gege~ she doesn't hate it. She just miss Yi so much that's why she slept beside her. It's natural. Let her be." Tao pouted for a while then when their eyes met, the older suddenly smirked.

"Well, that means you have no other choice but to sleep with me alone tonight." Tao wanted to argue back again but Kris didn't let him. The older walked to him fast and pushed his shoulders so he'll fall back to the other end of the bed. "Your argument is invalid. Let's sleep."

Tao has no other choice and he's tired of trying to convince the older so he grabbed the pillow, hugged it so tight then turned his back to Kris who's still sitting on the bed and watching every move he's doing. After what happened to before with his Uncle, Tao becomes aware of the other's meaningful ha,es to him and now, he can tell that Kris is burning holes on his back. It feels uncomfortable to know that your being stared at.

"Gege~! Stop staring!"

"How'd you know I'm staring when you're on you back?" the older asked chuckling.

"I can feel your stares okay." he pouted even if the older won't be able to see it. "Just.. .let's just sleep."

"Mm~ okay.. .but first. Can I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"Can I hug you??" Speechless. Tao is speechless. He tried to let out words for at least half a minute but he was eating it back. "...please? I don't want to do it if you don't like it. I know you're still scared and I don't want you to think that I'm the same as your uncle."

". ...j. ..just a hug?.. ." he asked nervously. Tao thought, what's the harm right?

"Just a hug." Kris said. Good thing Tao is on his back, it would be hard for Kris to see the blush that was creeping on his cheeks.

"O. ...okay.. .but. ..I won't turn to you gege~."

"It's okay. I love back hugs." he said laughing.

Before Tao could say anything again, the older is already hugging him. God those hands! It was so warm and nice. Kris' is so naughty. He ran his hands through Tao's stomach before completely pulling him closer to him as if owning him. Tao's back touched Kris' chest. They're too close to the point that Tao can feel the older's bulge on his . He called down after feeling the older is not . That's a good sign for him, that means, Kris doesn't only want his body and he's just naturally clingy. They fell asleep after a while like that. Kris was in peace after he hugged Tao. The younger is really making his whole body, heart and soul calm. He was his own personal heaven, and he promised to himself that he will never ever let him go. To promised to that.

 

-//-

 

The next day, Tao woke up first. He washed his face and went downstairs to do the usual but, he was surprised to see the kitchen table already full with different type of dishes. His eyes landed on the woman on the sink washing some fruits. Tao felt bad, he's like the Maid of the house and he should be the one doing all the work, not her. He greeted her 'Good Morning' but she only turned around a little to see him then turned to the sink again. Ah~ he's really hated.

"I. ..I'll help you Miss Xie." he said. He was about to get some ingredients to make pancakes for Yi but the woman stopped him by gripping his wrist. It was not that strong really but it's not so weak either.

"Starting today I'll cook all the meal for my husband and my daughter. Seems like all you've been feeding her in the morning is pancakes. It's not good for her." she said. Tao feels smaller and smaller every second that the woman is gripping his wrist tighter and tighter.

"I. ..Not just pancakes. ..she's eating. ..other.. ."

"Shut up. Go back to where you come from and don't come down until Yifan, Yi and Me are done eating! Baby sitters should not eat together with the boss." she ordered. She let him go and stared at him.

Tao cannot do anything but walk away. He's hurt, his ego, his pride, his heart, his soul. Everything was shattered on a mere minute. He's right, he's not needed anymore and he needs to leave the house now. He get out of the house with his pajamas. He just wants to get away from there, from her. He knows what he did is not right but, he do not belongs there anymore.

He went to the park where he and Yi are always playing. He cried but after a while he stopped because he still needs to get back to the house and he doesn't want Kris to notice that he cried. He decided to go back after 3 hours. He wanted to stay at the park longer but the kids are staring at him because he's wearing a very cute pairs of panda pajamas. He looks like an idiot and he doesn't like to look one so he decided to go back.

Maybe he'll get his things and move out. Even if peoples are looking at him, he still walked slowly. The more he's getting bear the house, the more he is getting scared that his bags are already waiting for him. But still, even for a second, just a second. He wants to see Yi one last time. He sighed in relief when he didn't see his things outside the house. While he's entering the gate he heard Yi crying and sound like she's trashing around. His body moved on it's own and he ran inside the house to see the little girl.

"Yi~!!??" he called her name while making his entrance on the living room. The little girl is hugging the big Mr. Panda he bought for her. She looks so pitiful and it's breaking Tao's heart. Kris is running too when he entered the living room. Xie is nowhere to be found and Tao is actually glad that she's not in the room.

"TaoTao~~~~!!!" Yi cried then she abandoned Mr. Panda and jumped to Tao's arms.

"Oh My God Tao!! Where'd you go? I was about to call you but you left your phone in my room. Yi started to cry when she woke up went to my room and she didn't see you there." Kris said.

"I.. ..Miss.. ." he was about to tell him what happened but Xie came into the room with a glass of water. She gave him a warning look, a very threatening one. ". ..Se...hun called. There's an emergency. I'm so sorry gege~. I panicked so I left without telling you." he lied. Kris sighed then he walked to him with a frown.

"Next time, make sure that you'll say something to me when there's an emergency okay? We're so worried." Kris pats his head.

"Yi ish worried!!!" the little girl said while rubbing her mucus on Tao's shirt, still crying.

"I'm sorry Yi~." he said gently. He sat himself together with Yi then he wiped her tears. The little girl stopped crying but she won't let go of him.

"Because of you the food that I cooked for Yi turned cold." Xie said while crossing her arms. Kris turned to her, pissed.

"No one asked you to cook! Next time don't enter the kitchen! Tao is in charge of the food." he said in a very pissed tone. The woman rolled her eyes then walked away defeated. Uh uh~ Tao doesn't think what Kris did is necessary. Now the woman would more. He can totally himself getting thrown of the house by her sooner.

"Yi's hungry." the little girl said.

"Let's go to the kitchen and eat now." Kris said. Tao nods then he stood up with Yi still on his arms. While they're walking to the kitchen, Kris scolded Tao a lot. He told him he was so worried why he was suddenly gone and even considered reporting it to the police. He didn't say anything, he just kept quiet. When they arrived at the kitchen they saw Xie throwing all of the food she cooked on the trash. "What are you doing!??" Kris raised his voice.

"You said you don't want the food I made so I'm throwing it." she shouted back. Yi flinched at the commotion so Tao held her tighter. He tugged Kris shirt to warn him not to shout anymore. "Xie!! Let's talk!!" he said very pissed but in a very low tone.

Kris walked out of the kitchen and Xie followed. When she passed him, the woman bumped him a little too hard. Good thing he was holding Yi so tight so the little girl is not affected. Tao entered the kitchen with Yi. He put the little girl down on her chair then kneel in front of her. She looks like she was about to cry again. It was really breaking Tao's heart. Even if Yi is not blood related to him, he was kind of angry both at Kris and Xie for not considering the little girl's feelings before fighting.

"TaoTao~ I hate mama." she said. It surprised Tao but he didn't let it show.

"Why? Because she's shouting?" the little girl didn't say anything. "She's just a little angry because the food went to waste. You shouldn't hate your mama. She loves you so much."

"But.. .last night. ..she said she'll make you go away so Yi can spend more time with her." the little girl confessed. "Yi thought Mama did it and you left." she said while sobbing. "Mama said TaoTao don't belong here. She said you hate Yi. Do you hate Yi, TaoTao?" she asked. Tao is angry. He will never call Xie, Miss Xie anymore. She doesn't deserve formality, she's a . How dare her to even say that he hates Yi? He was ready to give up and leave quietly before but now, he won't let her do whatever she wants anymore. It's just her first day on the house and everything is a chaos already. Tao won't let these good people and family to get destroyed that easily.

"Don't believe her Yi. You know I love you right?" he said. "there's no way I'm gonna hate you. NO WAY!!" he said as he her back gently to soothe her.

"Yi's right!! TaoTao loves me. Why would mama say that you hate me? I don't like mama!!" she said then dived to Tao again and hugged him. Tao didn't say anything anymore. He just hugged back Yi.

At the same time, Kris and Xie is arguing at the garden. Kris hates it when food is going into waste since his business is a restaurant. Xie has always been like that, she never changes. She's still throwing everything and anything when he says he doesn't like it.

"It's your first day here Xie! If you do that again you can leave. If you want to see Yi then try to sue me in court. You know how much I hate it when good food are being thrown! I even ing raised my voice in front fo Yi because of you!!" he said angrily. Actually, Kris is not just angry because of the food. He's angry because it made him, she made him raise his voice because he was annoyed. Yi was scared and he was so thankful to Tao for warning him. And there's one more thing. .. "And don't you ing dare to say that Tao is slacking off and went somewhere ever again!! You should be glad enough that I let you even talk to me. Do you know that Tao is the one who told me to do this? He made me realized that you do have a right to at least see Yi. If you create another trouble like this one.. .I swear to God I won't hesitate to throw you away out of the house."

"I. ..I'm sorry. I'm just.. .jealous! Because that boy is getting all of my daughter's attention." she said.

"Obviously! Why don't you ask yourself why it's like that!" he said. "You left when she's just a baby. And now you returned you're actually expecting her to be all clingy and familiar to you? You're crazy."

"Kris.. .don't get angry anymore. Please.. .you know I'm scared to you when you're like that." she said. "I won't do that ever again. Just. ..stop shouting. Please." Kris signed. She's right, Kris remembered how afraid she is whenever he's getting angry.

"!!" Kris cursed one last time. He's cursing too much now, it's not good since Yi might hear him. "Whatever!!" he said then he entered th house.

Xie was left alone in the garden. Kris calmed himself down by inhaling an exhaling while he's walking back to the kitchen where he left Yi and Tao. He's calm and he gets calmer when he saw his little girl and Tao cooking food.

"What are you making?" he asked.

"FanFan!!! Pancakes!! Rice and Fish!!" she answered then looked behind Kris. ".. .Where's mama?" she asked.

"In the garden. Taking care of the flowers." he lied. "So? What is your favorite flavor of syrup for the week?"

"Chocolate!" Both Tao and Yi said in perfect unison.

"You guys are cute." he said smiling. "Chocolate it is." he walked behind the counter to get the chocolate syrup. Xie was long forgotten. It's like she never even existed while the three of them are preparing new breakfast.

"Gege~? What do you think the taste will be if I dip this fried fish to Yi's chocolate syrup?" Tao asked in a daze.

"Woooooo~~~~" Yi said in amusement. "TaoTao! Let's try!!" she suggested.

"eh? But.. .I don't want to eat it." he said.

"Dip it. I'll try." Kris volunteered.

"Really?" Tao asked, Kris nods.

Tao and Yi dipped the fish to the chocolate syrup then fed it to Kris. The two of them looks super cute on the older's eyes. Xie can go to wherever she wants if she likes. Kris is contented to Yi and Tao. They're all he needs. Sounds weird since he just met Tao a few months ago but, he's certain that he loves him. No time is too short when falling in-love. Everything will be like a short spark.

"Can. ..can I eat too?" Xie suddenly asked behind them.

"Oh~" Yi just said then she looked at Tao.

"Of course Miss Xie.. ." formalities, just because Yi and Kris is looking. ". ..please sit. I'll prepare your share." he said with a smile. Truth is, Tao just wants to annoy the woman so he decided to be extra kind to her whenever the father and the daughter is looking.

"Thanks Tao." she smiled to him then she sat beside Yi. "Yi~ I'm sorry that I throw the food okay? I promise I won't do that again." she apologized.

"Okay mama.. ." Yi said a little hesitant. When Xie entered the picture, the kitchen was suddenly quiet. Yi is not talking anymore too, just quietly eating her food while Tao is preparing Xie's food. Kris busied himself by feeding his daughter. He doesn't want the woman to do it. The current situation looks unfair on Xie's side of course but, compared to everything she did in the past, Kris believes that it was nothing. And also, it's not like they can suddenly push Yi to like and be close to her mother. If she wants to get Yi's heart then she needs to work for it. Just like how Tao worked for it.

Kris went to work a little late because of what happened earlier that day. He was not scolded by Yixing and LuHan though. They both feel bad for him instead. They know that today is the day that Xie will come to the house. They still think that Kris doesn't like it because he still have feelings for Xie. But NO. He doesn't love her anymore. Kris told Tao not to leave Yi's side no matter what. For some reason he cannot let his daughter spend time with his ex-wife alone. He's afraid that Xie might fed lies to Yi. He doesn't want to wake up one day and find out that Yi hates him and she's leaving him. It will be just like hell and he's sure that not even Tao can save him from that kind of hell.

At the house, Xie is back to being such a . Tao gets it, her good side is only a show off to Kris but not Yi. She keeps ordering him around, it never stops. She even told him to do the laundry, clean the house and pour a lot of perfume to the room she was using because it stinks. Tao didn't give up, he did everything she told him perfectly to piss her off more. Yi is not in the mood the whole day because Tao doesn't have time for her. Xie was playing with her at first but after a while she said she's tired and told her to watch tv instead. Tao feels bad for Yi so when he's done to his chores and Xie is not around, he kidnapped Yi and take her to the park.

"Your mama will get angry at me for kidnapping you." Tao said while they're on their way to the park.

"Yi is kidnapped!!???" she said in horror as she put his hands on her cheeks. "Let's call FanFan for ransom!!" she said while giggling.

"You're so naughty Yi~" he said then he pinched her nose. "Let's not. FanFan came to work late today and we shouldn't bother him more." they arrived at the park so they hop to the swing. ".. .let's eat something healthy later okay?"

"Healthy?" She asked. Tao nods comically. "Veggies? Fruits?"

"Yhup. ..those. You'll eat salad if it's with chicken right?" he asked.

"Saaaalllllaaaaaaddddddd!!!! Yi loves salad now!!" she said cheerfully.

"So salad it is!" Tao said cheerfully too.

They played and played and played at the park without care in the world. Tao heard some mothers passing by them gossiping that he had a child at such an early age. He's not bothered by it though. Also, the teenage girls that are passing by are squealing while seeing him play with Yi. They said he's cute and Yi might be his younger sister. Tao is Yi is always at the park that people are starting to recognize them. Some teenage girls would sometimes ask if they can take a picture of Yi because she's so cute. But, he knows them. He knows that the picture they really want is his because he's always included. He doesn't think it's annoying but he doesn't think it's good either.

Kris is not calling him so that means Xie is still not informing the older that they're suddenly gone. He's ready to get scolded by Kris later on so for now, he'll make the little girl happy first. When Yi lied on the sand box and stayed still for a while, Tao knows that it's the sign.

"Tired?" he asked as he poke her cheeks. She nods cutely while giggling.

"Should we go eat the salad and chicken I promised you?"

"Okaayy~~~!" she said then reach out his arms, asking Tao to carry her. They went to the usual place where they always eat salad. It was so close to the park that before they knew it, they're already entering the store. The grandma who is also the owner welcomed them. She said Hi to Yi. They're regulars so they already know the two of them.

"TaoTao and Yi is here." the grandma announced. All of the worker's eyes was on them, Tao got used to it, Yi too. The little girl waved at them. Tao thinks it's cute how the male staffs pretended they we're just shooter with love arrows. When Tao vowed to them, the girls squealed and it made Yi pout.

"Yi is jealous again!" the little girl said.

"Don't be! The only girl I'll love is Yi~." Tao said as he help the little girl to her seat.

"That's sweet." someone suddenly said. Tao turned around because he recognized that voice.

"SEHUN!?" he said in surprise. "What are you doing here?" he asked.

"Oh~ you know my grandson?" the old lady said while she's walking to them with some strawberries.

"Yes. He's a regular at the ba.. ."

"I'm a regular at the convenience store he was working in before." Sehun cuts him then gave him a begging look.

"Oh? Is that right?" the grandma asked.

"Ye. ..yes. SeHun is always buying and chatting with me at the convini." Tao lied.

"I see. Glad to know you guys are close." she said. "By the way. A friend of mine harvested their home planted strawberries the other day. Would you like some little one?" she asked Yi.

"Yi loves strawberries!!!" Yi said excitedly. "But. ..." she looked at Tao.

"Oh~! It's okay Yi~. Grandma is offering it to you so I think it's okay." he said.

"Really?" she asked the grandma.

"of course. Eat as much as you like little one." she said then she looked at Tao.

"So? What should I get for you handsome one?" she asked.

"Grandma, I'll serve them. Go to the counter, someone's paying." SeHun said. The old lady nods then tend to the customer that was paying. Sehun crossed his arms while looking at them. "Thanks. Grandma doesn't know I'm drinking." he said.

"It's okay." he said. "So? I thought you're super rich? Why are you working here?"

"My dad got pissed at me so he throws me here. He said I need to know how hard it is to work for the money."

"Mm~ I see." Tao said. "Then, please give us fried chicken and vegetable salad." he ordered.

"Coming right up." Sehun said with a smile. "I'll take a break so, can I eat with you? It's been so long and I didn't know you have a child." Tao laughed.

"I didn't tell you over the phone?" Tao asked.

"Nope."

"Okay then. Eat with us. I'll tell you everything." he said. SeHun left and after a while returned with their order. He has extra food for himself of course. He eyed Yi first then he sat beside Tao who was smiling at him.

"So??" Sehun asked.

"Yeah. ..Yi is not my child."

"Stop lying."

"I'm not. She's really not mine."

"Then who's?"

"My boss. I'm working as a baby sitter now. Are you sure I didn't say that to you before?" Tao asked.

"Nope!!!" Sehun looked at Yi. "Hello little one. What's your name?" he asked her. The little girl looked at Tao first. When she got an encouraging nod she smiled a little at Sehun.

"I'm Yi." she said. "What should Yi call you older brother?" she asked.

"He's Sehun. Call him HunHun Yi~." Tao said.

"Yeah! Call me HunHun!" Sehun agreed. "Do you know what a bubble tea is?" Yi liked Sehun.

She told Tao that Sehun is handsome and she likes him so much. Also, Sehun promised to Yi that he'll visit her sometimes and he'll bring her a bubble tea. Tao is happy that Yi likes his friend.

After their meal, Tao finally decided to go home. Kris will be home soon too and he doesn't want to worry the older again when he comes home and they're not there. So, when Yi and Tao entered the house. Xie was waiting for them at the door with a frown and she's crossing her arms. Tao is prepared for the worse but Yi is not so he told the little girl to enter the house first. She greeted her mama but the woman didn't even smiled at the little girl, instead he glared at her and told her to enter the house. When Yi is out of sight, Xie looked at Tao.

"You should be glad I didn't call the police. What you did is almost the same as kidnapping." she said.

"I'm sorry Miss Xie. I was so busy the whole day that I didn't give enough attention to Yi. We usually go to the park at that time of the day and I forgot to tell you. I'm sorry." he lied. Them going to the park had no time of the day, he just wants to make Yi happy earlier so he took her there.

"I don't like you kid. I came here because I want to be with my daughter but. ..how do you think I will be able to do that when you and Kris are taking her away from me. You should leave us alone. You guys are so selfish. You both know that I have no other choice but to do this and you're torturing me by taking her away." Tao doesn't know what was going on. She's not her usual y self, she's so dramatic now that Tao actually feels bad. And, she's mind of right. Her words are like arrows.

"I. ..I'm sorry." Tao said. Xie suddenly cried and he panicked. He just made a girl cry. He doesn't know what to do. "I.. .I'm so sorry Miss Xie. I promise I won't take Yi away from you again. Please don't cry." Tao begged.

"I just want to be with my daughter and you won't let me." she said still crying. Tao wants to cry too, the sudden turn of events are confusing and making him feel more bad than he already is.

"What's happening?" Kris suddenly said as he enters the scene.

"I. ...I'm sorry gege.. ." Tao apologized.

"I told you right? He took away Yi from me! He won't let me spend time with my own daughter. This is so unfair YiFan! I get it that he's close with her but how will I be able to make my daughter love me if he's always there and he's always getting all of her attention?" she cried.

"Stop crying." Kris said with an expressionless face. "Let's go inside the house first and talk about this."

The three of them entered the house with Xie still crying in the background. Tao feels so guilty and he just wants the ground to eat him alive for being such a bully. Of all the people inside that house, he's the outsider and he's the one who doesn't have the right. He looked at Kris but the older never once looked back at him. Xie is crying non-stop.

All he can do is kept quiet and thinking of leaving the house. He even made plans inside his mind. He'll ask Sehun for help, maybe they can share Sehun's flat, he'll work part-time somewhere and secretly visits Yi whenever he has a time. Ah~ all the happy times will be gone now. He's sure of it.