chappie~ 7

It Was You

"YiFan!!!"

"GO AWAY! I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU!!!" Kris shouted.

"YiFan! I have a right to at least see Yi~! She's my daughter! If there's something I'm regretting, it is that I left her to you!" Xie shouted back as she trail behind Kris at the restaurant.

Luckily, there's still no customers so no one will get bothered by their fight. Kris stopped walking and glared at Xie, he cannot believe she said that so everyone can hear. So she's not regretting that she left him? she's not regretting that she cheated? She's not regretting that she hurts him? Kris is so angry, furious. That was the very first time he felt like that, his blood is boiling and he just want to grab something and throw it, break it. Anything that would make him feel a little more better.

"YiFan! Please! I'm begging you. I don't want another day to pass, another minute to pass that Yi is not part of my life. I'll die if I continue living without her by my side." she begged.

"You cannot take Yi! Yes you're her mother but you left her for another man Xie. Do you really think if you come here I'll just say Hi to you, talk to you calmly and say yes to you? NO! If I have to take Yi somewhere far away so just you won't have the chance to hurt her, I'll do it." he warned her. "She doesn't even know you Xie. And if she does, how are going to explain our situation? She's too young to understand so NO!"

"Th. ..then. ..let's get back together." she suddenly said. Everyone in the restaurant was surprised by the sudden decision. Kris cannot believe what he just heard too. "I. ..I just realized it myself YiFan. I can't live without my daughter. If I have to break up with Yang then I'll do it. I love my daughter more than I love him. I. ..I just realized. After so many years." Xie's tears finally falls.

"Are you ing out of your mind!? GET OUT!" Xie looks terrified, everyone does. That was the very first time that Kris cursed. "LUHAN! YIXING! GET HER OUT OF HERE BEFORE I DO SOMETHING BAD!!"

The two guys immediately moved. Kris is so red, he's furious, if Yi see him like that she would surely cry. Luhan and Yixing asked Xie to get out before something bad happen. Even if the girl is reluctant at first, after Yixing talked to her, she finally get out of the restaurant, still crying. When she's gone, Kris went to his office to cool himself down. He was so glad that there are no customers or it'll be a big trouble for him. After a while, Xiumin came inside his office with a glass of water. Behind him is Chen who looks so worried too.

"Kris. Are you okay?" Xiumin asked.

"I'll be fine. Just. ..I want to be alone for a while." he hinted.

"We'll be downstairs if you needs someone to talk to." Chen said.

Kris nods to them. The two guys closed the door of office and went downstairs. Yes, Kris thinks he needs someone to talk to but, not them. He doesn't feel comfortable opening up to them, not to Xiumin, not to Chen, not to his best friends Luhan and Yixing. He knows deep inside his heart that Xie is right. He knows that his ex-wife have all the rights. He knows that she's sincere about missing Yi.. .but, he's scared, he's hurt and he cannot believe that she's able to say all those cruel suggestions to him.

He grabbed all his things and put it in his bag. All he wants to do now is to see Yi, hug her and pepper her with kisses and tell her that he loves her more than he loves anything in the world. Thinking about Yi makes him think about Tao too. Maybe he'll talk to the younger later instead of talking to his own mom. He doesn't want to worry her. Kris hurriedly walked downstairs as if he's late for a meeting or an emergency happened. There are already some customers but when Yixing and Luhan saw him, they both walked to him.

"Is it fine if I go home?" he asked them.

"Go. We'll be fine here." Yixing pats his shoulders as Luhan nods.

"thanks guys. Close the restaurant early today so all of you can rest too." the guys nods.

He bids goodbye to them then went home with only two people in mind, Yi and Tao. He wants to see them so bad, he wants to see them smiling, laughing. He needs his daily dose of ball of sunshine from both Yi and Tao. He wants them to comfort him after what just happened at the restaurant earlier. He drives faster than usual. The need of seeing them is killing him to the point that he doesn't care about causing accidents anymore. When he arrived home, he breathe a lot of air first. The fresh air, the smell of home. He loves it, it makes him more calm.

"FanFan!!" Yi shouted happily when he saw his papa entering through the front door.

"Gege~? Why are you here? You just went to the restaurant earlier right? Did you forget something?" Tao asked.

"Tao'er can we talk?" he asked seriously. Maybe the younger sensed that there is something wrong so he just nodded quietly. "Yi~ go play in your room for a while okay? TaoTao and FanFan needs to talk." he smiled to Yi then kissed her forehead.

"Okaaay~~~" the little girl said before she ran to her room. Kris gestured to Tao to follow him to the kitchen. The younger nods and quietly walked behind him like a good kid. Kris sat to the chair while Tao is taking out some milk from the fridge. When the younger is done giving him and himself a glass of milk he asked him to sit.

"What's wrong gege~?" he asked.

"Xie came to the restaurant."

". ..and?"

"I got angry. We fought because she said we should get back together because she cannot live without Yi anymore." he guiltily said as he drinks the milk as if it's beer, one shot.

"You're reflecting right?" Tao asked and Kris nods.

"I said I'll talk to her next time right?" Tao nods. "But I got angry when she said we should get back together again."

"Why are you angry? Isn't that a good thing gege~?" Tao frowned because he's not really certain what is the older thinking.

"I don't want to get back with her if it's just for Yi. You can call me selfish Tao but I don't like to be with someone who doesn't love me as much as I love her. It's not right. Yi might be happy at first but I know, she won't be if she saw me suffering." he explained.

"Oh~ I see. That makes sense. But gege.. .don't you think Miss Xie deserves a chance to see Yi? You do know how hard it is not to see your own daughter right?" Tao refilled his glass.

"I don't know what to do anymore. I got angry as soon as I saw her. My blood is boiling and I can't control it." he admitted.

"That's a natural reaction after what she did. It's okay gege~. Time will help you to move on." he smiled. Kris sighed then drinks his milk again. "But. ..there's one big question on all this gege~"

"What?"

"Do you still love her?" Tao asked. He didn't look at Kris' eyes like always, he looked at his glass of milk that he starts playing with.

"I don't." Tao suddenly looked at him.

"Are you sure?"

"I am sure."

"Then why are you still angry at her?" Tao asked.

"I'm angry at her suggestions, at her sudden appearance. I'm angry because I'm scared that she'll take Yi away from me."

"Oh~ so you do know the reasons why you're angry." Tao smiled. "You'll be fine Kris gege~" he stood up and took the glasses with him. "I'm sure of it." he said then put the glasses down to the sink and started washing it. Tao felt Kris' eyes on him while he's doing his work. The older didn't talk again and just quietly sat while watching his every move. It wasn't comfortable but it's not that uncomfortable either. "You're not going back to the restaurant gege~?" he asked while he's putting the glasses back to the cabinets.

"I'm not in the mood to work anymore." Kris said. "Come on!" the older was suddenly behind him then pulled his hands.

"Where're we going?" Tao asked.

"We'll sleep." he answered shortly.

"What!?" Tao asked more surprised. "But we just woke up a few hours ago."

"You're not allowed to say no." Kris ordered coldly.

"But. .."

"Oops!" he stopped talking and gave Tao a warning look. The younger pouted then looked down. Kris smiled then he continue pulling Tao to Yi's room. When they're already inside the room Yi ran to his papa and asks him to carry her. "Yi~ FanFan wants to sleep. Let's go sleep in my room okay?" Kris did his best to look pitiful as possible.

"FanFan~ you sick?" Yi worriedly asked as she put her little hands on his papa's forehead. Kris is so touched, he was so glad he came home. What is there to worry and get angry about when he has Tao who's ready to listen to him and give him advice (even if he's younger) and Yi who's always there to make his mood brighter no matter how dark it is.

"I'm okay Yi~. I just really really really really really want to sleep." he smiled to his daughter. "Do you want to sleep?"

"To FanFan's room?" he nodded. "Okaaay~~~" she cheered then hugged his papa's neck. "Yi miss' Ace~~~" she said chuckling.

"Gege~ you guys sleep together. I'll cook lunch okay?" Tao tried.

"No. You'll sleep with us! Right Yi?"

"Right!!" she answered.

Tao is defeated. Kris pulled his hands again so he won't be able to escape. They went to Kris' room. Yi is so happy to see Ace again, she immediately took the stuff toy and talked to it. Tao was just standing there while watching Kris lie on the bed while watching Yi beside her that's still happily and cutely talking to the stuff toy as if it's her friend that she didn't see for a very long time.

"Where's mom by the way?" Kris turned to him.

"She went to the spa. She said she'll go back to Canada tomorrow so she needs to look younger." he said smiling because he remembered his conversation with Kris' mom earlier that day.

"I see." the older said then stared at him. "Why are you still standing there?"

"Do I really have to?" he asked pouting.

"you really have to." he smirked. "come on!"

Tao pouted one last time then rolled his eyes that made the older laugh. He climbs on the bed, since Kris is one big guy he needs to leap over him. Their bodies slightly bumped each other when Tao tripped a little at the edge of the bed. Their faces was suddenly close at each other, Kris swears he smelled strawberries on Tao. He smells so sweet, Kris had the urge to bite Tao's puffy red cheeks. The younger said sorry as he make his way to the other side of the bed. Yi moved closer to Kris as she hugs Ace tightly.

Tao played with Yi and Ace to sleep while Kris is just watching them. He looks so sleepy and tired but he's really trying hard not to sleep, he's waiting for Yi to sleep first because he wanted to try something. He might be crazy, no. Not MIGHT BE crazy. HE IS CRAZY for even thinking about doing it. After an hour, Yi finally fell asleep. Kris is a little jealous since his daughter is hugging Tao instead of him.

The younger just keeps on patting his daughter's back and he looks sleepy too. Pretty ironic from someone who said they just woke up a few hours ago. Kris likes everything just the way it is. He seriously doesn't need Xie back to his life, back to his bed. Yi, Tao and Ace is enough for him. He doesn't feel lonely on his bed at all as long as he has them. Kris moved closer to Yi and Tao so he and the younger can whisper.

"You look sleepy." Kris whispered.

"Yi looks so peaceful so I feel sleepy too." Tao answered groggily.

"Sleep. Let's go eat out later when we wake up." he said. Tao just hummed as a yes. Slowly the younger drifted to sleep too just like Yi. Kris waited until the younger is asleep deeply before he moved more closer to him. He was careful not to wake Yi tho. He gently put his hands on Tao's cheeks, it was so warm. "Tao'er I'm so sorry." he whispered to the point that he cannot even hear it himself. He looks up as if he's looking at the sky. "Ma'am, Sir, please forgive me. I don't know myself why I'm going to do this but. .. ..I really don't know. Please forgive me." he look down at Tao again. "please don't wake up." he whispered as he lower his face.

He slowly and gently put his lips on Tao's. It was just a second, he just really want to confirm it himself. He wants to know if what he's feeling for Tao is real or not. If it's just a spur of the moment or if he's really falling in love with the younger. Tao suddenly flinched and turned the other way round. Kris was so surprised that he immediately lied back to bed and pretends he was asleep in case Tao woke up. He waited and when Tao didn't move for minutes he finally sigh in relief then touch his lips.

"Oh My God!" he whispered then put both of his hands on his beating hard heart. Looks like he got Tao's mannerism. "Oh My God!!!" he repeated.

He carefully get out of bed, he took his phone with him and get out of the room. He went to the living room and contacted LuHan. He was suddenly sweating hard even if it's not that hot inside the house.

On the other hand, in his room, Tao is his opposite, he started shivering and he feels so cold. He might be sweating even if the aircon is on but it's a cold sweat. He woke up the moment Kris put his hands on his cheeks but he didn't open his eyes and pretended he was asleep. He wants to know what Kris is going to do. ..but he didn't expect a kiss. Kris does said sorry and ask him not to wake up but still he's scared. He just kissed him while he's sleeping, knowing he's gay.

The memories of his uncle that day when he tried to him is coming back. He knows that Kris is not that kind of person, he's not the same as his uncle but he cannot stop himself from getting scared. He didn't expect his uncle to do that to him too that's why he never once put his guard up around him.

Back to Kris on the living room who's talking on the phone with LuHan now. He wanted to punch himself from creating problems on after another. Hours ago he burst out in anger at the restaurant and made trouble to everyone and now, he's calling Luhan because he just confirmed to himself that he's falling in-love with Tao.

"Wu ing YiFan! Just what the are you talking about huh??" Luhan said over the phone.

"As I said Lu ing Han!!! I think I'm falling in-love with Tao! I think I got your virus! I shouldn't have hang out with you and Yixing!"

"And now you're blaming us?" Luhan angrily said. "This day is so ed up!! First, Xie came here and you guys fought! You leave the restaurant to us and now you're calling me to tell me you're falling in love with Tao? You're insane! I thought you're angry? What just happened when you came home huh?" he sounds so pissed but Kris doesn't care anymore.

"First of all, I'll talk to Xie when she came back again. CALMLY. And second! I just kissed Tao who's sleeping on my bed right now with Yi and I realized how much I like him."

"Kris. How long is it before you realized you're in-love with Xie?"

"Lu. ..we're talking about Tao! Not Xie!"

"Just answer me!" he shouted.

"2 years!" he shouted back.

"That's right! How long is it since you met Tao?"

"Almost three months now."

"Can you see the difference?" Luhan asked calmly. He didn't answer because he doesn't get it. "Kris. You just met Tao months ago. How can you be so sure that what you're feeling is love? I'll admit that Tao is attractive and he's kind but. ..how can you be so sure that you're really falling in-love with him so easily?"

"Lu. ..I know myself. I've been feeling weird for a while now that's why I confirmed my feelings by kissing him." he said.

"But still. ..Kris.. .what if you're not falling in-love? What if you're just attracted to him because he's the one who's there when you need someone?" Luhan asked.

Kris frowned in realization. He didn't think about that, it didn't even crossed his mind. What if LuHan is right and he's not really falling in love with Tao? What if it's just a spur of the moment? What if it's just his imagination? He suddenly feels bad for Tao who's innocent, he even kissed him without his permission. He kissed him while sleeping and defenseless.

"OH MY GOD! what did I just do?" Kris asked himself.

"That's right! What did you just do?" LuHan sighed over the phone. "What do you like about Tao anyway?" he asked.

"I. ..I don't know. .." he answered honestly. "I just really like him and I feel so good and right when I'm with him. It feels like he was the missing puzzle piece of my heart. It feels like he completes me and I don't need anything else as long as I have him and Yi by my side."

"He's not falling in love LuHan." Yixing suddenly talked.

"How long has he been there?" Kris asked.

"Since the very start of the call. Xiumin and Chen is here too." LuHan answered. "What are you saying again Xing?"

"Kris is not falling in love. HE IS ALREADY IN LOVE." Yixing said as Xiumin and Chen hums in agreement.

"What're you guys talking about?" LuHan asked.

"Everything Kris said. That's how I felt when I figured I'm in love with you." Yixing said to LuHan.

"Same here. That's what I told myself when Chen confessed to me. That I don't need anything else as long as I have him and I'm finally complete." Xiumin said.

"So what should I do now?" Kris asked them since it was already clear that he's not falling in love because he's already in love.

"Only you can answer that. What do you want to do now?" LuHan asked.

"I. ..I think I want to court him. I don't want him to think that I'm the same as his uncle. I don't want to scare him that'll make him leave us."

"Then do it. Court him first." Yixing said. "This all too sudden. I don't know what to think anymore."

"Kris is so random, hours ago he's furious and now he's in-love. He must have one messed up brain inside that head and a crazy heart inside that chest." Xiumin added.

"Guys~!! Don't talk by yourselves! Help me here~!! I don't know what to do myself that's why I called." Kris whined.

"You already said you'll court him first right? Then just do it. Is there still a problem?" Luhan asked.

"You do know I didn't court Xie right? She's the one who confessed to me and I never once courted anyone before." he frowned even if he knows they won't be able to see it.

"Oh~ so you're telling us you don't know what you should do?" Chen asked.

"Yeah!!!! That's why!!! Help me!!" he answered a little embarrassed.

"God you're cute!!" Xiumin squealed. "Well~ first of all, you should tell him you want to court him. If he agrees then good. If he didn't, do everything you can to make him agree. Just make your intentions clear."

"I don't know what to say to him." he innocently said.

"Kris! Seriously! At least figure that one out yourself!!" LuHan said then ended the call without any warning.

Kris tried to call them again but they didn't answer anymore. Guess he really needs to figure and do it all on his own. He just needs to make Tao agree first right? He took a deep breathe and told himself he can do it and he must do it at all cost. For the first time in his life he's going to ask someone if he can court him. He knows it won't be that hard but he's sure that it's not that easy too. Not for a first timer like him. He needs to think first, he doesn't want to offend or scare Tao. It'll all end without even starting if that happens.

 

-//-

 

Ever since that day that Xie came to the restaurant she didn't come back again. It's already been a week now. Kris is still hung up on his idea of asking Tao is he can court him. He asked for Luhan, Yixing, Xiumin and Chen's help but they said won't help him if it wasn't the actual courting. They said he needs to at leas have the courage to ask the younger on his own. Tao on the other side is trying his best to keep his guard up around Kris. He was kind of avoiding him too. He doesn't know if the older knows but. ..he doesn't care. He just really hate the idea of Kris losing control like what he did that night a week ago. Tao learned, now he knows what "Expect the unexpected" means.

Yi is the same cute, bright and happy kid just like always. Her mood is up always and Tao was happy it was that way. At least he was getting distracted by Yi's cuteness. He doesn't want to think what will happen to the future, he's scared. He can still feel Kris' burning gazes at him after all. Kris' mom went back to Canada and said she won't be back for another month. She asked Tao to take care of her granddaughter and her son. She also promised Tao a Gucci bag when he comes back which the younger tried to refuse. Of course he didn't win, he never wins against Kris and his mom.

It's afternoon and Yi is taking her nap on her room with her favorite Mr. Panda, not the one Kris bought but the one Tao bought. The one which is bigger than her and bigger than Tao, probably bigger than Kris too. Good thing Yi's bed is super big, Tao doesn't have to worry about Yi getting squished and suffocated by the big stuff toy. He's in the living room cleaning all the toys and books that he and Yi played earlier. He felt so great that day that he doesn't want to stop moving. He just wants to work and work and work and work. Maybe because his body is so used to it now. Everything becomes so easy to him. While he's wiping the dust off the flat screen television he suddenly saw Kris' reflection on the screen. He didn't bother turning around because he's avoiding him. If the older needs something then he'll surely call him.

"Tao." the older finally called after a minute of just standing and watching behind him. He stood up and turned around cautiously.

"Kris gege~ why are you here? What about Fan-Qin?" he asked.

"I want to see Yi.. .where is she?" the older asked with his arms crossed. Tao didn't answer for a while. He was over reacting and over thinking. He doesn't want to give the other a chance to do anything to him, he's on guard now.

"In her room. She's sleeping but. ..do you want me to wake her up?" he asked. He wished for Kris to say yes because he doesn't want to talk to him.

"No. Don't. Let her sleep." the older said.

"Oh. Okay." he said disappointedly. "I ... .I'll go to my room for a while." he said then bowed to Kris before escaping. He walked upstairs to go to his room but Kris was following him. At first he thought the older is going to check on Yi but he they passed the little girl's room and the older is still following him. He stopped walking then turn around to see Kris. "Kris gege~ where are you going?" he asked.

"Where are you going?" Kris asked too.

"To my room." he answered.

"Then I'm going to your room too."

"why?"

"I'll just hang out there."

"You have nothing to do there."

"I'll just watch you do whatever you're going to do."

"but. .."

"come on!" Kris pulled Tao to his room.

They entered the room, Kris just sat on Tao's bed while the younger pretended that he's going to take something from his closet. He doesn't want to be alone with Kris so if the older would be like that, he told himself that it would be more better if they're in the living room. Anywhere open, not in a room where he was trapped. He's sure he has a trauma now.

"Where are you going?" Kris asked when Tao tried to leave.

"Kitchen. I'm going to bake strawberry cake for Yi." he said with a faked smile.

"Tao'er~ because of you she's more addicted to strawberries than before." Kris smiled at him too.

"it's okay. Strawberry is delicious and nutritious." it amazes Tao how he felt comfortable around Kris and how easy he put his guard down with just a small conversation. He felt guilty, maybe he shouldn't have put his guard up in the first place.

"Mm~ I'll help. Come on." Kris said as he pulls him again.

Seriously, it's becoming Kris' habit to pull him whenever and wherever. He's a little angry at himself because he likes it, the order's hand is big and warm. It felt nice when he's holding his wrist. They checked Yi first before going down to the kitchen. When there's no sign of her waking up they started to work on the strawberry cake. Tao's guard is never up the whole time, he really feels comfortable and right with Kris.

They chatted about random topics while they're on it. Kris talked about his friend named Minho. He said the guys is a super star and is a famous model/singer;rapper/actor in China, Korea and Japan. He told him stories about how Minho feel in-love with a weird guy named Onew. This Onew guy likes doing body gags like falling or tripping to nothing when he's walking. Tao laughed like a mad man everytime Kris is trying to do a scene. It's amazing how easy he can act out and copy this Onew's body gag because he's naturally clumsy.

Tao talked about Sehun who is now in pursue to get someone else's heart. Secretly, Kris was glad to hear that Sehun is not his rival. Tao said his friend is asking him for advice but he really cannot give any because he never once gone out with anyone, never once confessed or even hang out with someone. Kris was just attentively listening to him.

"Tao'er~ Can I ask you something?" Kris suddenly asked.

"What is it?" Tao asked back. The older looks so fidgety and nervous, his hand was kind of trembling too. Tao waited for Kris to talk but the other keeps on taking deep breathes for almost a minute. He considered asking again but then he was always stopped by the older's short utters of

"I(s)", "uhm", "can", and other words that Tao cannot figure out what is the meaning. "Tao. .." the older said again then took the longest and deepest breathe. "Can I court you?" he asked in a heartbeat.

Surprise, surprise. Tao wanted to ask again but he knows he'll just embarrass himself. Kris just asked him if he can court him. Who would've thought right? He's his boss, he was giving him salary and all. He did not expect him to ask something like that. Well, he does kissed him before while he's sleeping but still, that's a foul move because he's supposed to be asleep and clueless about what happened. Tao has 2 reactions in mind. First, he'll laugh and treat it as a joke because it really might be just a joke. And second, he'll embarass himself by saying "Why Not?" to the older.

"Why not?" oops! He didn't say that consciously. His own mouth just betrayed him so he's certain he's not at fault. He's so ready to get laughed now because he took the bait.

"Really? It's okay to you?" Kris asked. He just can't believe it was not a problem to Tao. Before Tao could answer Kris, the doorbell rang. It was like a life saver for the younger. Actually he's sure he'll just stutter if he talks. There are no definite words on his mind, it's all jumbled. That doorbell is a major life saver for him, he literally thanked all the Gods he know.

"I'll. ..I'll see go . .."

"Huh~?" Kris asked chuckling. Tao blushed.

"Door. I'll go see. It is who.. ." Kris laughed so hard for real this time.

"You're so cute Tao." he said then he walked to him and ruffled his hair. "Relax. Stay here. I'll see go it is on the door." Kris teased.

Tao pouted, he's nervous and all and the older is making fun of him. Kris ruffled his hair on last time then walked away to see the guest on their front door who's torturing the button of the doorbell. He wants to get pissed because the guest is so damn persistent and looks like in a hurry but he didn't get pissed because lalala.. .he's in a good ing mood because of Tao.

"I'm coming!" he shouted before he hopped to the front door and opened it. "Yes? Who. .. .." he frowned when he saw who the guest is. "Xie? What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I came to see Yi." she said in a begging tone. "Please. YiFan. I'll do anything to see her. Please. I'm be~.. ."

"Don't beg!" he stopped her. "Come in. Yi is asleep so you have to wait." he said calmly.

Good timing, Xie came in the house where Tao is. He'll be fine if he's with Tao, he'll be able to calm down and he'll be able to talk to her calmly. Anything is possible when he's with the younger.