chappie~ 3

It Was You

Xiumin and Chen unbelievably finished cleaning the storage room in one night. Kris was so impressed at how enthusiastic they are at the job given to them that's why the next day they told him to take a half day. Cleaning the storage took them the whole night after all. That night too, Tao suddenly had a room at Kris' house. He wanted to help at cleaning because he felt bad for Xiumin and Chen but Kris did not let him saying his wounds won't heal faster if he move too much. Since Kris didn't let him help, he accompanied Yi to sleep instead. Kris told his mom about hiring Tao and she agreed, she said she was about to suggest hiring a baby sitter because she needs to go back to Canada because the branch of Fan-Qin there is having a problem.

When Kris mom entered Yi's room, Tao immediately stood up and said good-bye. He went to see how Xiumin and Chen was doing only to see Kris, helping out too. He was so embarrassed that his new boss was cleaning the room where he'll be living while he was comfortably resting at Yi's room. He started to help out but before he could do anything, he was scolded by Kris, Xiumin and Chen. He cannot really win to them so he went to the kitchen instead, make himself at home and made some juice for the 3 hardworking boys.

~~~

It's already been a week since then. Tao is now officially healed, there are still some marks left on his face and body but it's not hurting anymore. He thanked Kris a lot who's always helping him to change his bandages. Tao said he'll learn how to do it himself but Kris was reluctant because Tao cannot really do it right. Yi is so attached to Tao now. They're like a pack, if you see Tao then you'll surely see Yi. Just like Kris before, whenever you see Kris, you'll see Yi too. Kris' mom left too after seeing how good Tao is at taking care of Yi.

Kris' phone rang. The number was his house number so he was sure it was Tao who was calling, he just doesn't know why he was calling.

"Kris gege~ Yi's crying. I can't make her stop." Tao said over the phone. The panic in his voice is so obvious that Kris wanted to panic too.

"What happened?" Kris asked calmly but internally panicking too.

"She lost her panda stuff toy. I already looked all over the house but I can't find it." Tao said. Kris can hear Yi crying in the background.

"Just try to make her stop okay? I'll be there in a minute." Kris said while putting all of his things on his bag.

"Okay. Please hurry. I don't know how to make her stop. I want to cry too." Kris ended the call and hurriedly walk downstairs.

He saw Yixing and told him that he needs to go home because his daughter needs him. Yixing kind of panicked too since Yi is precious to all of them. He told him not to worry because it's nothing big. Yixing nods to him and told him to hurry home. When Kris reached home he saw Tao hugging a crying Yi on his arms. His daughter was hugging Tao back. They look cute together really. Tao's expression is killing Kris' he looks like he was about to cry too. His eyes is shut close and he keeps on telling Yi that he will find the stuff toy no matter what happen.

"Yi~" Kris finally called out. Tao looked at him, his eyes are begging. He opened his arms and waited for Yi to come. Tao let the little girl go and let her run to his papa. Kris lifted up Yi and wiped her tears.

"I. ..I. ..she won't stop. ..I don't know what to do. I'm sorry." Tao said guiltily.

"It's okay. She's always like this when she lose something she loves." he assured Tao. Kris sat on the couch and he let his daughter hug him and cry on his shoulder. "Yi~ fanfan will find Mr. Panda for you okay? Please stop crying. You're breaking FanFan and TaoTao's heart."

She won't talk to them, she just keeps on crying. While Kris is trying to make Yi stop from crying, Tao did his work and started running around the house again to find Yi's favorite Mr. Panda. He did his best, he turned the whole house upside down but still, he finds, nothing. Tao can hear that Yi is still crying. He's starting to get more worried because the girl has been crying for so long now.

He suddenly remembered the money that Kris gave him the other day. Kris told him to use it to buy his personal needs, he said he doesn't need it but Kris forced it on him. He went to his room, took the money and immediately went to the mall. Good thing the mall is just as near as the restaurant. Tao doesn't care about the money. He took the bus and as soon as he arrived at the mall he ran to the nearest toy store. He wanted to but the same Panda Stuff Toy that Yi lost. He's already at the counter when something took his attention.

He ignored the stuff toy and told the cashier to get the thing for him. He wanted to see her smiling again, it breaks his heart to see her tears falling. After he purchased it he went home. Yi is not crying anymore but he won't even look at his papa. Kris was trying his best to make her mood better though. He even gave her some cookies and candies which is usually banned because Kris is scared of the cavities that might destroy Yi's cute little teeth. Tao went to his room first. He fixed himself then when he's done he went to the living room where Kris and Yi is. It was embarrassing really, but he knows it'll all worth it if she likes it.

"Yi~ Mr. Panda is here." Tao came out to make the little girl see what he bought. As soon as he came out, Yi's expression changed to whole lot better and brighter one. Her eyes was big and was a perfect O. Kris was different, his hand is on his mouth trying not to burst into laughter. "Mr. Panda!!!!" Yi squealed as she ran and launched herself to Tao.

"kyaaaaaaa~~~~~~!!!!" she squealed some more. Tao started blushing because Kris is so red now from trying to stop himself to laugh. He wanted the ground to split into two and just let it swallow him whole. Yi is still hugging his one leg so he ignored Kris and lifted up the little girl.

"I'm sorry. I can't find Mr. Panda. I went to the mall to buy you the same one but I thought you won't love it the same way you love the one you lost. So. ..I decided to become your own personal Mr. Panda instead." Tao explained while smiling at her. Tao bought a panda jumpsuit. It was really cute, he was even wearing the hood that has ears attached to it. Yi played with the ears and she keeps on squealing while touching it. When she was done pulling and tagging it he took it off and pat Tao' head.

"I love TaoTao." she said then hugged him tight.

"Ah!" Kris suddenly stood up from the couch. "I'm jealous! Let me join!" he said then joined the hug.

Tao was so surprised to the point that he stumbled. Kris catches his hips and pulled him closer to make them both stable. Tao's still holding Yi after all. It would be bad if he suddenly falls. It might hurt him and Yi, Kris hates to think about them getting hurt. Tao played with Yi again. Kris called Yixing to inform him that he won't be able to return to the restaurant, Yixing said he understands then ended the call. Actually everything's okay now but he doesn't want to miss the fun. He wants to see Panda Tao playing with his daughter who looks so happy now. Because the panda suit is so cute, Kris took a mental note to buy one too for Yi later. He'll make them wear it at the same time and take a picture of it.

~~~

Little by little Yi becomes too precious for Tao. He already gave up his own life because he told himself that he needs to take care of her. It's like she's his own daughter. Yi is still going on about marrying him someday and seems like she's attached to the idea. Tao likes it, really, it entertains him how little kids thinks. Kris is jealous at it at first since Yi doesn't want to marry him anymore but seeing how happy her daughter is, he admitted that if Yi is the same age as Tao then he'll approve of their marriage.

Tao is a good person just like what Kris said to LuHan before. He become Yi's new father or more like a mother. She comes to love him so much. He even made the little girl start to accept gifts from his uncle LuHan and Yixing. All and all everything's doing fine. On the nights that Kris was not able to go home because they're renovating some parts of the restaurant, Tao would bring Yi to him so they can eat dinner together. Kris was glad Tao scolded him, the younger said he would make Yi cry again if he doesn't see her.

After a month, Kris gave Tao his first salary. Just like what Tao did before, he tried to refused it saying he was fine as long as he's eating three times a day and has a bed to sleep and just like before, Kris managed to force it to him saying he needs to have his own money in case he wanted to buy something. As for basic necessities, Kris is providing it for Tao, they're both men so what Kris uses is what Tao uses. He also add a raise to his salary because he remembered Tao using his own money to buy the panda jumpsuit.

For the next month, Kris is not that busy anymore. He hired another two people to add to his crew. His business is growing so he needs more manpower. He asked Tao if he wanted to have a day off. Why? Because ever since he came to Kris house he never once had the chance to leave. He's going out yes, but only to the supermarket (with Yi), to Fan-Qin (with Yi), to the convenience store that is a 3 minute walk (with Yi) and lastly to the park near the house (of course with Yi again). He doesn't really have a time for himself and Kris is kinda wondering if he doesn't have friends.

Kris talked to Tao once when he came home earlier than usual. He cooked for them which rarely happens. Then at dinner he asked him if he has friends at the bar where he was staying before. He said he has 2 friends named Baekhyun and Chanyeol but since he doesn't have a mobile phone he was not able to contact them after he left. Tao said he has their contact number on his wallet but he's too busy to even call them. He said his hand is full with Yi. Kris smiled to himself. Tao really loves Yi and Yi really loves Tao. His own daughter doesn't like sleeping with him, she only wants to sleep together when she's scared. But now, she would threaten them she would cry if Tao doesn't sleep with her.

The original room that they cleaned is useless now because Tao is always sleeping with Yi. Still, the fact that Tao cannot contact any of his friends bothers Kris. 2 months without seeing any friends or even going out alone, Kris cannot imagine it. Maybe he's thinking too much because he's a party guy himself when he was at Tao's age. But that's just him, once he was bothered about something, he'll be bothered about it until the puzzle on his mind is not solved.

"Tao~ Why don't we go to the mall tomorrow? It's been too long since you went there right? And I want to buy Yi new clothes." he said while watching Tao preparing the cake for Yi.

"You don't have work tomorrow Kris gege?" he asked.

"I'm the owner Tao. Of all the people I'm the one who deserves a day off the most. It'll be fine." Tao made a cute 'oh~~~' sound that made Kris smile. "So?" he asked at the same time Tao put the cake in front of him and Yi.

"keyki!!!!" Yi cheered.

"Why are you asking me gege? You're the boss. If you want to go then who am I to stop you right?" he starts feeding Yi who was delighted by the taste of the strawberry cake that Yixing made.

"We won't go if you don't want to. I'm suggesting this because I want you to go out of the house once in a while. I'll take care of Yi, you can go everywhere once we're there. You still have money right?"

"Why me? I'm okay. I can stay with Yi." he frowned. ". ..and, I didn't buy anything with the money you forced on. .."

"Salary." Kris corrected him.

"Fine.... Salary. ..I didn't bought anything. All the money is in my card no less no more."

"Well~ actually more. I gave you a raise."

"What!? Why? I don't need a raise. What you're giving to me is more than enough Kris ge~" Tao asked surprised. Yi got startled so she looked at Kris, then to Tao, then to Kris, then to Tao again.

"FanFan! TaoTao! Don't fight!" she said as she slam his small hands on the table which sounds painful. Kris was so surprised, he literally looked like an owl as he look at his own daughter. When he realized that Yi just hurt her own hands he immediately took her small hands and blow some air on it. "Does it hurt Yi?" Kris asked worriedly.

"Oh my gosh~ that surprised me." Tao commented as he pat Yi's head. "Are you okay baby?" he asked. Yi nods while frowning.

"Don't fight." she repeated.

"We're not fighting Yi~ but TaoTao won't go to the mall to have fun that's why FanFan is worried. Yi~ will you convince TaoTao to at least take a half-day off?" Kris used his wild card. Tao pouted because he knows that he won't be able to say no if Yi is the one who'll ask him.

"Out? Not with me?" Yi asked Kris.

"He'll be with you for a while, when he finds something interesting then we'll let him go. I'll take care of you Yi~. I missed you, you know." Kris kissed her hands that tickles her and made her giggle.

"Hmm~" Yi said after her cute giggle. "dun wanna go if TaoTao's not with me." she pouted. Tao chuckled, Kris frowned then look at the younger guy. Looks like he won't win this time because Yi didn't go with the flow. He's broken hearted with the fact that Yi is teaming with Tao now and not with him.

"you're breaking my heart Yi." he said as he lifts his daughter and sit her on his lap then hugged her. "We'll still go to the mall tomorrow. I still want to buy you new clothes." he looked at Tao. "You're coming with us." he said then he passed Yi to him and walked out with down spirit.

He heard Tao and Yi doing high five so he pouted more. He went to his room then he stated at his laptop to see if he has a work that he needs to finish but, there's nothing. He stared at the ceiling next thinking if he should go to sleep now or not. He doesn't really feel sleepy. Tao and Yi passed his room, they're so loud that he heard them talking about sleeping together again. Then he suddenly had the light bulb moment. He walked out of his room and went to Yi's room where the two are.

"Yi~ can FanFan sleep here?" he asked her daughter who was surprised by the sudden intrusion.

"TaoTao's sleeping with me." she frowned.

"Then let's all sleep together." he said.

"What?" Tao asked surprised. ". ..we.. ..we won't fit on the bed. .." he blushed. Yi nods too.

"Then let's sleep on my room. My bed is King Sized!" Kris lifted up Yi who just got finish wearing her panda pajamas. "Come on~" he smirked to Tao.

"I. ..I'll sleep on my room. You guys. .."

"Nooooo~~~!!!!" Yi whined. "Sleep with us TaoTao~~~~" she said while doing the cutest puppy eyes in the world. Any argument is invalid.

"But.. .."

"No buts Tao~" Kris grinned. ". ..you heard her. Come on!" he pulled Tao's arms with his free hands and he didn't let him go until they reached his room.

Yi cheered so loud saying he missed Kris' bed. ..and pillow and Ace. Ace is Kris' alpaca stuff toy, it was displayed on the table next to Kris bed. Tao is still wondering why the older has it, stuff toys on his room is really. ...out of placed . ..and.. .unnatural. Then he thought, maybe he has it because Yi loves stuff toys, but then again another part of his brain says, it's impossible that it's for Yi because the little girl only has a panda stuff toys on her room. Whatever the reason Kris has it. ...it's still a mystery to Tao. Tao still protested when they're already lying.

He's beside the wall, Yi is in between them. He said it was cramped (even if it's not) then said he'll sleep on the couch but Kris pushed him back down to the bed. It's not that hard really but Tao held his chest.. .why? Because Kris just touched his chest when he pushed him down the bed. He wanted to try to scape again so Kris will touch him again but he slapped himself mentally for even thinking about it, he even called that side of himself a, witch.

Not too long, Yi fell asleep. Kris tapped and still tapping her back gently. Tao just watched, that was the very first time he had a proper look at how Kris look at Yi. His eyes is full of care, kindness, gentleness and most of all love. He way he smiles while looking at Yi is just to precious that Tao felt that motherly urge to grab a camera somewhere and capture the moment. It was so sweet that Tao feels like he's melting too. He wonders how will it feel if Kris looks at him the same way. .. .and so. ..yeah~. .he just slapped himself, not mentally this time. In reality. Kris looked at his surprised, then he mouthed sorry, he thought he woke Yi up.

"Why did you slap yourself?" Kris whispered as he call the younger with his hand to go closer so they can whisper, both scared to wake Yi. She's really in a foul mood when she wakes up in the middle of her sleep. Tao swore it was the most pleasant whisper he's ever heard on his entire life. It was like one of those chocolate commercials on tv, it melting on it's way to his ears. His voice is so deep but clear, there's something in the way the words are slipping through his lips.

"sorry. .." Tao said while blushing. He looked at him waiting for more. He doesn't want to make Kris think he's weird so he mentally panicked while thinking what he should say. "I. ...I suddenly thought about having a kid myself. .but then I realized I don't even have a lover so a kid is impossible. So.. .yeah. ..I wanted to mentally slap myself but it turned out I did it in reality." he whispered back.

Kris laughed quietly. He blushed so hard and then when he realized what is about to happen, he shook his head so hard and warned Kris not to let out a laugh because he'll wake Yi up and they'll both be in trouble. The older bites the insides of his mouth to stop himself from letting out a laugh. When the adrenaline rush was gone he smiled to Tao then pats the guys head.

"You're hilarious. ...it's kind of cute." Kris whispered to him. Good thing the only source of light is the lampshade on the table beside Kris and the dim light can't really reach Tao that much so the blush on his face is not that noticeable. "Let's sleep." Kris said.

"Good night gege~" Tao smiled shyly to him.

"Good night Tao'er." Kris pat his head again then he yawned before closing his eyes. Tao pulled the pillow that was on his head carefully and hugged it so tight from too much feels. Tao'er.. ..Kris just called him, Tao'er. It sounds so right and perfect coming from Kris. How he wish he could hear him say it all the time from that night on. How he wish.