chappie~ 4

It Was You

The next day Tao woke up first. Kris and Yi is still snoring, one thought immediately scales through Tao's mind while looking at them. Like father like daughter. Seems like, Yi got her sleeping manners from Kris. They hugging each other, snoring, mouth open wide with drool sliding down and most importantly, the frown on their forehead is just too similar. He carefully stood up, tiptoed to the bed and successful passed them without waking them up. He washed his face then went to the kitchen to cook breakfast. While he's at it, he saw the calendar resting on the counter table. He suddenly stopped at what he was doing and flip the pages. November, he stared at it for a long time. He knows that there's an important day on November, he remembered marking a special date when he's still living alone, also he marked the calendar at the bar too. He's suddenly in a foul mood because he cannot remember what is that special date, why did he marked them everytime and why did he have to grave. ..

" ... .Grave?" he whispered to himself then, boom, he remembered. "ahhhh~" he lowly and sadly smiled to himself as he put down the calendar to grab the pen on the top of the refrigerator. After he got it, he took the calendar again. "mom. Dad. I'm sorry I forgot. You see I'm really happy the past few months and my hands is always full with Yi. I . ...I'll visit you again this year okay?" he said as if the calendar would be able to answer him.

He marked the date, 6 which is already marked but he still added another red circle to remind him. After that he put down the calendar again while smiling bitterly. He continued cooking the breakfast that he abandoned a minute ago. He thought, maybe Kris was right, maybe he needs the money. He was glad he has a money on his ATM which is in Kris room, he leaves it there because he doesn't want to use the money. He was glad that he has it now because he'll be able to buy his parents some flowers and candles and maybe some of their favorite food. He made a plan on his head what he should do while he's on front of their grave.

He decided to bring a lot of food, he'll share it with them. He'll tell them stories about what his Uncle did to him and how he ran away, got beaten up and ended up leaning on Kris' car. How Kris and Yi found him and took him in. Then he smiles while thinking what stories he should tell them about Yi, a whole day is not enough to tell them all that he'd been through and learned while taking care of an angel.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Kris suddenly hugged him from behind. He almost screamed, he was so surprised, his heart was beating so fast and loud.

"Kris ge~!!!" he angrily called his name. "Please don't do that ever again! Oh my God!!!!" he said.

Hands both on his chest. Kris laughed before letting him go. Tao wanted to laugh too because his boss's laugh sounds so contagious, and way his gums shows when he was happy is kind of cute. He sat on the chair and he throws his head back laughing like a little kid. It's strange for Tao because no one ever thinks he was funny before. He was not to able to make someone laugh before.

"Sorry~" Kris finally stopped. He wipes the tear that managed to creep on the corner of his eye. ". . .your reaction is the best. I tried doing that to mom but she only hit me with the spatula she was holding. I'm glad enough it's not a frying pan she was holding or else I might be dead now." he said chuckling.

"You'll be dead someday if you continue doing that gege~." he chuckles too. "uhm. ..gege~?"

"Mmm?" he looked at the younger who's making him coffee now.

"I. ..it's November next week right?"

"Right."

"I. ..I was wondering. ..If I uhm. ..uh~? Maybe I can have my day off then?" he asked uncertain and worried at what Kris' answer might be.

"Oh~! Did you finally had the urge to go out? But wait.. .why November? Is there an important date? Is it your b-day?"

"Ah~ no. It was.. ."

"FanFan~~~" Yi suddenly entered the kitchen groggily.

"Morning Yi~" Kris greeted his daughter. He walked to her and lifted her up on his arms. They both sit as they look at Tao. "So? What is it again?"

"Uhm. ..Nov. 6. My parents.. ."

"Wait. November 6? That's my birthday Tao.. ..and your parents? Your parents.. .." Kris sad the sadness that crossed Tao's eyes. His aura changed too then it comes to him. ". ..oh~ I see." he said awkwardly.

"What? FanFan's b'day? TaoTao's mum & dad?" Yi asked while looking back and forth to them.

"Yi~ TaoTao will take a day off on my birthday because he needs to visit his parents." Kris pat his daughters head.

"Is it okay?. ..If....if you need me here.. .then I won't go...I could go the next day or.. ." Tao said thinking he inconvenienced Kris.

"Tao'er." again. That nickname, Tao involuntarily blushed. "It's okay. Really. It's important to you. You need to go." Kris smiled, assuring him.

"Then. ..I'll go. ...thank you so much." he smiled at Kris.

"I'll buy the flowers for them. ...maybe Yi and I will visit some other time. Is that okay?"

"Yes. I'm sure they'll be happy to meet Yi and. ..you of course."

After eating breakfast, Tao and Yi took a bath together. ...and well, since they're both men and have the same body part, Kris didn't worry and thought it won't be awkward to join them too. When Kris entered the bathroom, Yi is already done but Tao is still . He blushed from head to toe and ask Kris to leave or maybe he can take a bath later but Kris said it would be faster if they took one together. Yi is playing in the tub so it won't be that cramped. If only Kris knows, if only he knows that Tao is staring at his abs like how he would stare at a steak. He'd never seen such defined abs before. It's true that he'd seen a man on tv before, they have abs too but seeing it in real life in a steamy bathroom is just too different. He suddenly felt insecure, he looked down at his own body and well~~~ his.. ..that.. .it's nothing compared to Kris'. Kris is still wearing his briefs. Of course he didn't take it off. He's fine seeing Tao but Tao seeing him is a different story. No one has ever seen him fully , well, of course except his ex-wife, his mom and Yi, the 3 girls that he loved which is only 2 now.

"Ge~! I'll take a bath later." Tao said as he hurriedly walked passed the older to grab the towel. 

"oops~" Kris grabbed his arms. "Not so fast Tao'er. As I just said. Let's bathe together. Why are you so shy? We're both men." he chuckles.

"But.. ..But.. .I've never. ..I'm not used to it." Tao looked down. He hides his junk that was fully exposed using his hands.

"Then this is the right time to get used to it. Just take a bath with me and Yi okay?"

It's not like Tao can still protest after Kris pulled him to the shower and opened it. The water is warm and really it's not helping Tao's red cheeks. Instead of peeking at Kris at the side of his eyes, he took a bath as fast as he can, he did everything so fast. Kris was amused to see how awkward Tao is, also, it's entertaining him. Then he remembered what Tao had been through. Sudden guilt washed over him, maybe he shouldn't have forced Tao to take a bath with him. As soon as Tao is done, he wrapped the towel on his lower half and lift Yi up. He dressed Yi first before himself. When he's done with Yi he took her to Kris' room. Kris is done too and currently clothing himself when Tao and Yi opened the door.

"Go ahead Tao." Kris smiled kindly at him. "leave Yi here and get yourself ready." Tao nods then he kissed Yi a short bye bye before exiting the room.

Tao, he felt that itch too once in a while. While he's wearing his jeans, he battled with himself if he's falling in-love or what. It was the very first time he felt so embarrassed and hot after seeing a not fully guy. He wondered. Is that how his uncle felt when he tried to him? Is it the same heat under his skin? He cringed in disgust and he promised himself that no matter what happen he will never be the same as his uncle. He will do whatever it takes to stop himself from liking Kris. He will never get ruled by his lower half. Ever.

They went to the mall after getting ready. Tao likes the mall, it was bright and a lively place. The last time he went there was when he bought the panda jumpsuit for Yi. He was only able to enter one store back then. But now, it's different, they went inside different stores. Tao is amazed at Yi, everything and anything Kris tosses to her, each and everyone of the clothes she tried looks so perfect on her. Tao think if Yi audition to become a child model, she would immediately pass.

After buying a TON of clothes for Yi, it was Kris' turn. Well, maybe it was the genes. Like father like daughter. Kris is a living anime, a rock star anime. He tried a leather jacket, it suits him. A fit leather jeans, it suits him. A white polo shirt, it suits him. A denim jeans, it suits him. Tao wonders if there are clothes out there that wouldn't fit his boss, because if there is, he would buy it for him just so he could prove to himself that Kris cannot rock each and every clothes on earth. Kris is done shopping too.

Tao wanted to hold all the paper bags but Kris won't let him do it alone. They shared it, Tao feels bad for Kris though. Because, he's carrying Yi and his other hand was full of paper bags. Tao really, really, really wanted to get rid of all the paper bags so he told Kris he'll put everything in the car then come back. Kris said it was a nice idea, he gave Tao the key and all the paper bags, then the younger immediately took off to the parking lot, which is luckily not that far from the part of the mall where they are at the moment.

"Yi~ let's give him a gift okay?" Kris smiled to Yi who smiled back before nodding.

"Gifftttsssss~~~~!" she said excitedly. Kris was thinking what he should buy for Tao. He already bought him some clothes, not all of the clothes he bought earlier was for him, some of it was for Tao. While walking around, Kris saw a lot of people in one store, a newly opened store. A mobile phone store, every model is discounted.

"hmm~ a phone. He doesn't have one. What if there's an emergency right?" he asked Yi. "Also, a GPS tracker is a must so when you guys go out, I know where you are."

"Pictures. Music." Yi pointed at the banner.

"That's right. Pictures are cool. I want to see you guys taking a picture together. And what is a world without music. It's sad. Right? Yi?"

"Right!"

"Right! Let's go!" he said then they entered the store with smiles on their faces.

Tao ran back as fast as he can, he doesn't want them to wait so long for him. It would be rude if he did that to his own boss. He has a photographic memory so he knows where he left them, he just wish they didn't walk around too far because it'll be hard to find them on that HUGE mall. Tao was so glad to see Kris and Yi waiting for him. They didn't go anywhere at all, they're just playing around that area where he left them. Yi ran to him as soon as she saw him. He lifted her up and kissed her cheeks, they're just separated for minutes and they already missed each other. Kris walked to him while smiling too.

"Time to eat lunch." Kris said as he pat Yi's head. "What do you want to eat Yi~?" he asked her.

"Chicken!!!" she answered excitedly.

"It's oily and bad for your health Yi~" Kris said. Yi pouted, then looked at Kris with a THEN.WHY.DID.YOU.EVEN.ASKED.ME. face. Then she crossed her arms angrily. ".. .Just for today then." Kris said in defeat. Yi cheered so did Tao. It was amazing how she can control her own father. Tao never once get spoiled like that by his mom or dad. They never once broke any rules around the house for him. Tao likes it that way though, because he was disciplined and he learned what is right or wrong at early age.

"Yi~ promise me you'll eat salad too. It goes well with chicken.. ..and .. ..your papa is right. It's oily and it's not that good to your health." Tao said. She looked at his papa who nods in agreement. She pouted a little and it was obvious that she's against it. But then Tao said they wouldn't eat chicken if she doesn't promise she will eat the salad too. In the end, Yi gave up and said yes to Tao.

"Wow. You're good." Kris complimented him. While they're waiting for the food they ordered.

"My mom used to do that to me when I refused to eat something healthy." Tao said smiling. Kris shivered at how sad and cold Tao's voice turned when he said the word 'Mom'.

"Mm~ I see." he said awkwardly. "Let's eat." Kris said as the food was getting served at them.

Tao feed Yi first. Kris ate chicken too since Yi said he needs to eat it too. Kris watched Tao feed Yi, it was precious, he used to do that but now, Yi only likes Tao. It's not bad really, it's actually kind of cute on Kris' vision. Kris finished eating first so he volunteered feeding Yi so Tao can eat in peace. The girls beside their table was looking at them. ..and well. ..squealing. Kris heard them saying something about being a gay couple. He wondered himself why he's not bothered by it, instead he smiled when he heard that. He doesn't know if he smiled because he wanted it to reality or he smiled because it was not true and it will never will. It's a mystery to himself. He looked at the girls and when he met their fan girl eyes, he smiled meaningfully to them as if saying, "I heard you". Again, him smiling to them is another mystery. He doesn't know if he smiled to tell them, "That's right. We're a couple and that's our daughter" or if he smiled to tell them, "I heard you and I'm not gay. Dare to say it one more time and I'll kill you even if you're girls."

"gege~ stop provoking them." Tao suddenly said while blushing and constantly hiding his face using his arms.

"Oh~ so you heard them too?" he smirked at him.

"Who wouldn't? They're too loud."

"mmm~. ..well. Here." Kris gave Tao a paper bag.

"What's this?" Tao asked.

"Open it. It's a gift from me and. ..Yi." he added to make sure Tao will accept it.

"From Yi too?" Kris nods. Tao opened took out a box from the paper bag.

"Gege~! Why did you buy me a phone?" he asked frowning. "I can't accept this." he pushed the phone to Kris, Kris pushed it back to him.

"You need it. I have 3 good reasons why I bought that for you. 1st, if there's an emergency, you can easily contact me. 2nd it has a GPS tracker, I can easily detect where you guys are in case something happened while you're outside the house. 3rd, Yi pointed at it saying she wants to take a picture with you. Just accept it Tao."

"The 2 first reasons are acceptable.. ." Tao chuckled. ".. .but the third one is not really convincing and. ..for some reason I don't want to believe you."

They both laugh. Yi joined even if she's clueless why the two older is laughing. Tao accepted the phone, it's not like Kris will let him not accept it. He opened it, his wallpaper is Yi and the first contact is Kris, which is under the name, 'Hottie FanFan'. Tao gave him a judging look but he just winked at him. After eating lunch they only rested for a while then they take Yi to a playground. Kris said he doesn't want to play with Yi because he cannot take her energy anymore, he said he's getting old and his bones are cracking, and will crack if he followed Yi who keeps on going in and out of tight spaces and holes inside the playground. Kris said all that but. ..in the end, he played with Yi. Seeing Tao and Yi play together made him go out and play with them. They're too tired to walk around the mall again after playing so Kris decided it would be best to go home.

Yi fell asleep on their way home, Tao looks sleepy too but he did his best stopping himself from falling asleep so he can accompany Kris who needs to be wide awake because he's driving. Kris carried Yi inside the house when they arrived. Tao accompanied him to Yi's room and the younger made sure that Yi will be comfortable while she's sleeping. Kris kissed her good night, Tao did the same. They silently closed her door, Tao was about to head to his own room when Kris grabbed his hand.

"It's still early. I know you're tired but.. .make me coffee first before you sleep." he grinned to him. Tao knows that Kris did that on purpose, if he really wanted to drink coffee he could make it himself. But, since Kris is his boss, he smiled back at him instead and said yes, he'll make him coffee first. They went to the kitchen downstairs, Tao started working on his majesty's request while he was being watched.

"Here's your coffee sir." he gave him the coffee.

"Sit." Kris said in a serious face and it was clearly an order so Tao did sit. He wondered if he did something wrong, are they going to have the talk? Is he gonna get kicked out? He doesn't want to leave Yi. He knows, she'll surely cry if he suddenly left. If he needs to beg so Kris won't kick him out then he'll do it.

"ge~ did I do. .." Kris suddenly stood up. Tao watched as Kris took out another cup poured a some hot chocolate in it, went to the refrigerator to grab some marshmallows then added it to the chocolate. He also took the cookie jar with him on his way back to the table.

"Let's eat mid-night snack." Kris said laughing at Tao's shocked expression. "God. You're facial expressions are hilarious. You should see yourself when your surprised or shocked." he laughed again. "Relax. I wouldn't fire you. I will never will." Kris said.

"I thought I did something wrong. Oh my gosh. That scared me." Tao put both of his hands on his chest. Kris laughed at him again while he was opening the jar of cookies.

"Do you like cookies Tao?" Kris asked.

"I looove them!" he answered sarcastically, literally rolling his eyes.

"Good! Let's eat all of this! Let's make Yi cry." he said evilly.

"You're twisted."

"You'll see tomorrow how cute she is when she's crying over her cookies." Kris smiled at him.

"As long as I'm not the one responsible to make her stop crying. I would cry too if it didn't go well."

"Don't worry. I know how to make her stop crying when it's about her cookies." Kris smirked.

"Fine then! Let's finish everything!!" They started eating the cookies like kids. It was fun, they chatted while they're on it. Kris also taught Tao how to save a contact on his new phone. He has seven contacts save on his phone now. Kris, Luhan, Yixing, Xiumin, Chen, Chanyeol and Baekhyun. He took a mental note to call Chanyeol and Baekhyun later to inform them he's okay and also to know if THEY are okay.

"My six packs is gone. It's only 5 now." Kris burped so loud.

"Ge~ there's no such thing as 5 packs~" Tao laughed at him.

"it exists! In me." he said then they both laughed at the joke. Then suddenly they're both silent. Maybe they ate too much.

"Kris ge~" he called his name.

"mm~?" he hummed while his eyes are close. His head resting on the back of the the chair.

"Thank you.. " Kris looked at him. ". .for everything. I am so glad and thankful that you found me that day instead of someone else."

"Tao. I should be the one thanking you. Ever since you came everything becomes too easy and, Yi is happier. She's happy before but, whenever I'm watching you guys playing together, I know,. ..something changed inside her. She's brighter than ever. It's like you're her battery that keeps giving her energy to grow more brighter each day."

"I. ..I didn't do anything at all." he blushed.

"Maybe for you, you didn't do anything. But for me and Yi~ you did eveyrhing. And you just came here a few months ago."

"I didn't come here. You took me here and I am so glad you did."

They smiled at each other then another silence. It was not awkward just like the first one tho. Kris stood up and took the jar and the cups on the sink. He said they need to rest now so they'll have a lot of energy the next day. Tao stretched out after he stood up. Sitting and eating cookies and drinking hot chocolate made him stiff. Kris did the same, the younger blushed lightly as he had a glimpse of Kris' abs when he stretched out his arms. While they're walking upstairs, Kris was quiet, Tao is not talking too, he thinks his boss is tired from all the walking and playing and he just wants to sleep. He's the same, it's still early but all he wanted to do now is to lie on his bed and hug his soft pillows.

"Tao'er." Kris interrupted his thoughts.

"Yes gege~?"

"Wait in front of your door okay? I forgot to give you something." Kris said. He pats his back and pushed him forward. "Wait for me." he said then he entered his room.

Tao walked straight ahead to his room. He passed Yi's room so he peaked a little to see if their princess is comfortable. She's snoring and her legs and arms are spreading wide on her bed. Tao chuckled before closing her door again. When he reached his own door, he stood there. He didn't dare to enter since Kris said to wait for him. He leaned on the wall and played with his foot until he finally saw Kris walking to him on the other end of the hall. His boss is all smiles while holding a HUGE panda plushie, maybe it was for Yi. He was also holding at least 3 paper bags which Tao recognized carrying earlier that day. He just wish it's not for him, Kris already gave him a mobile phone and it would be too much if he accepts more. Tao waited for Kris to stop at Yi's room and maybe call him. But he didn't stop. He walk straight to Tao as if he's walking to the moon. The smile on his face is not leaving too.

"Here!!" Kris pushed to him everything he was holding.

"I'll go put this on Yi's room?" Tao said as he was getting ready to walk to her room.

"No! That's for you." Kris smiled.

"What!? Me?" Kris nods. Tao scanned the HUGE stuff toy. "A panda plushie? For me??"

"It's cute okay. Yi will love to see you having one on your room. I have Ace so I'm good."

"So Ace really is for Yi!!" he said as if he figured it all out.

"Kinda." Kris grinned. "Also, I bought you new clothes. Make sure you wear them."

"I don't need clothes. I have my old ones gege."

"It's an order from your boss! Wear it!" he smirked.

"But. .."

"Tao'er~ please? Just accept them. It's a peace offering." he scratched the back of his head.

"What peace offering? what for? Why?"

"I forced you to sleep with us and I barged in while you and Yi are taking a bath. I forgot what happened to you and. ..I just thought it must be awkward sleeping and taking a bath with another grown man like myself. I'm sorry." he said sincerely.

"Ge~ It's okay. Really. I. ..I myself. ..I forgot about that too. I. ..was just. ..shy because. ..your body figure is so good. . ..I'm a guy too and. ..I have.. ..insecurities." he said while blushing.

"Oh~" he said awkwardly. "Well! Just accept the gift. I'll go now. Good night Tao'er." he smiled to him.

"Good Night Kris gege~ and. ..thanks . ...A LOT." he smiled back.

For Kris, Yi's smile and his mother's smile is the most beautiful in the world. Now, seeing Tao's sincere smile, he was ranked as #3 on Kris' list. It made Kris' all fuzzy and warm inside, something he never felt before. He suddenly pulled Tao's hand, which surprised him too. The before he knew it, he was kissing his forehead just like what he used to do to Yi when he's saying 'Good Night'. He looked at Tao's expression but the younger just smiled shyly. He pats his head one last time then he walked away leaving Tao. On his way to his room, he heard Tao finally opened and closed his own door. Kris looked back to check if Tao really is not there anymore. When he didn't see him, he immediately ran back to his room and battled with himself like a high school girl.

"What did I just do? What is it? Why did I kiss him? Wwwhhhyyyyy~~?????" he asked himself.