chappie~ 11

It Was You

"So? You're not going to tell Kris hyung that his wife. .."

"Ex-wife."

"NO SHERLOCK."

"She only came back for Yi." Tao said before he sips his bubble tea, Sehun's treat.

"Then she's not cheating." Tao nods sarcastically. "She can actually meet whoever that man he's meeting." Tao nods again.

"But. ..I still feel bad about this. When I'm still in the house, she keeps on telling Kris gege that she's not meeting with the man she ran away with. Kris gege~ doesn't care though."

"Then she's lying."

"Looks like it. Are you sure it was her you saw on the bar?"

"I am. I have a photographic memory Tao~. I am super sure."

"I wonder if she's at the bar now. I think she's waiting on the house." Tao frowns.

"Oh~ before we go to Fan-Qin she went out. She said something about meeting a friend."

"Really?" Sehun nods. "Do you think it's the man?"

"I don't know. She said HER, she's meeting a girl."

"She could always lie HunHun~" Tao rolled his eyes. "Come on." he pulled Sehun up.

"Where're we going?" he asks as he try to keep himself seated.

"To the bar where you saw her. Let's check." Tao said then tugs Sehun a lot harder this time. His friends stood up reluctantly, groaning.

"I thought we're going on a friendly date? Tailing the woman is not a friendly date. I miss you, you know. I want to watch a movie with you." Sehun protested.

"We'll watch a movie later." he smiled to him. "We have all night. For now, let's check the bar."

"Ugh~ Fine. You could be so persuasive you know that."

They went to the bar where Sehun is going now. Tao is expecting a lot of people but there's only some. Maybe because the night is still young. They sat on the bar and asked for a drink. Nothing heavy, they have a long night and they don't want to make it a drunken night.

"So? Do you see her?" Tao asks.

"Surprising but. ..yes. I think I do."

"Nooo~! Really?"

"Yes. She's with him. Don't look back. Look through the mirror. They're on my right, at the end of the dance floor." Sehun instructed. Ah, there she is. Flirting with a not so bad looking guy, he was actually hot. Not hotter than Kris of course. Kris is 10x more good looking than the guy who's now whispering to Xie's ears.

"It's really her." Tao said, eyes focused on the mirror that was hanging behind the bartender that was front of them.

"Told you." Sehun brags. "Do you want to go nearer?"

"She'll see us."

"We have hoods. The bathroom is that way, let's pretend we're going to pee."

"Okay." they both put their hoods on their heads. They walked near Xie and the man.

"There's a free table right behind them. Let's sit there and order. Act natural."

"Can we hear them there?"

"We'll see." Sehun said. They walked faster. They don't want the table next to Xie and the man get taken by someone else. They immediately sat then looked at each other. Tao is so nervous, he doesn't want to get caught. It could go bad. He doesn't want Xie to about it and tell Kris. "We're good. Let's order." Sehun said.

He called the waiter and order something to drink, the same ones they had at the bar counter. Tao on the other hand was trying his best to hear what Xie and the man was talking about. Good thing there's only a few people and the music is still not that loud.

"Sehun.. .I can't hear them."

"Obviously. They're whispering." he said. "They usually talk about their future you know."

"You're actually spying them?" Tao raised his eyebrows.

"No. It's just entertaining and I can't stop myself from listening to them."

"What are they talking about?" he asked.

"Let's see." Sehun sips from his drink first. "About building a business in Korea and. ..living there. Having another kid.. .." Sehun stopped talking for a while then looked at Tao who's looking back at him. "OH MY GOD!! ANOTHER!!??!" both of their eyes widen.

"They have a kid!!" Tao said in horror.

"OH MY GOD! I JUST REALIZED!!" Sehun said too.

"That means Yi is a big sister?" The music suddenly stopped and some staff announced that the speakers had a problem and they will not play any music for a while because it's getting fixed. Good, now Tao can hear.

"Just don't fall in love with him again. You do know I hate you for doing this right?" the guy said.

"I do. But. ..it's for Jia. I'm not worried about Yi, I know Kris will give her everything. Our Jia, I don't want her to be poor. I'm doing this for her." Xie said.

"I know Xie. I know. But still. ..I can't bear the thought of you being on the same roof as him."

"Please bear it for a little more while. On Christmas, I'll talk to him."

"Fine." the guy said. Obviously annoyed and worried. "For Jia and for the business."

"For Jia and for the business!" Xie said then she hugged the guy.

"HunHun! Let's go!" Tao said.

"Did you hear enough?"

"Yes." he answered then pull Sehun out of the club.

"So?" Sehun asked when they're already on his car.

"They have a kid." Sehun looked at him, eyes saying. 'DUH~ I KNOW'. "I think Xie did not come for Yi."

"Tao, will you tell me all of it please?" Sehun frowns in frustration.

"No. I'll tell you after Christmas."

"Why after Christmas?"

"They're planning to say something to Kris ge on Christmas." Tao said. Sehun groans.

"Just don't get yourself in trouble okay? Contact me after you found out what it is."

"Okay." Tao said.

"Now!!" Sehun smiled. "Our mission is done. We can watch a movie now right?" Tao smiled back.

Sehun deserves a reward. Also, he remembered Sehun is in trouble himself, about LuHan and Yixing. Maybe he's distracting himself from the thoughts too. He missed his friend too so, he'll forget everything for now and decided to just have a quality time with his friend.

They entered the theater with popcorns and soft drinks on both hands. Tao is such a high school girl. He won't shut up about how cute the little kid in the movie is. He keeps on bugging Sehun that the little girl resembles Yi a little. Sehun on the other hand is just glad that his friend is in high spirits. He looks like a different person than the Tao he saw earlier that day. They both look perfectly happy and cheerful on the outside but inside, they both know that when they get home, they would start thinking about a lot of things again. They're on the same boat. It is a good thing and a good feeling to have each other by their sides.

After the movie, they hit the arcade which they're both good at. They became like, an arcade idol. All the other youngsters and teenagers that are there keeps on watching their every move. They did everything perfectly. U.F.O Machine, Dance Revo, everything. They even rocked the place when they sang on the open karaoke.

They had a lot of fun going back to being teenagers on the movie and the arcade so when the night deepens, they went hit a club again. Adult time. Sehun danced and rocked the floor like there's no tomorrow. Tao is not that much of a dancer so when he TOTALLY ROCKED!!! the dance floor, Sehun almost fell in love with him again. He's SEDUCTIVE as hell. When they got tired of dancing they drink a lot of alcohol. Sehun's treat. He said that was the very first time they hang out together so he treated the other.

Tao feels so free. He never once felt like that when he's working for his erted uncle. He's tired of living before, always the same routine. Wake up in the evening to work at the bar for free then sleep all day. But now, it's different. Sehun is not his regular customer anymore. They don't need to converse so little behind the bar counter. Sehun doesn't need to order any drink to him anymore. They're real friends now. Hanging out at night and talking so freely without two pair of eyes glaring at them.

They drank their asses off. Sehun ordered the hardest drink for Tao as a joke. He didn't expect that Tao would snap. The other male sways as he walk to the dance floor and grind on everyone he laid eyes on. He almost got taken home by a stranger too if it wasn't for Sehun who immediately came to his rescue.

"GOD!!!! THAT'S DISGUSTING!!!!!" Tao shouts like an idiot inside the washroom. He's drunk as hell. He can't even stand up straight on his own. Now Sehun feels guilty. He went overboard.

"Tao~ I'm sorry okay. I ordered that drink as a joke. Let me take you home. I can feel that I'm in trouble." Sehun said as he thinks of Kris who will need to take care of Tao later. He's carrying half of Tao's body to help him.

"Home? Where's home HunHun'ah~? My parents are dead!!! There's no HOME for me!!! They left me all alone!!!!" Tao said in a drunken state.

"Baby~ it's okay. They didn't left you. They're still looking over you. Your NEW HOME is waiting for you. Yi is waiting for you." Sehun said. He feels so sorry for Tao. He knows how it feels like to lose someone you love. He felt that way too when his mom died.

"Yi~?" he looked at Sehun who gave him a nod. "That's right... .." he looked down. ". ..Yi~ she's waiting for me. My NEW HOME. I don't need to go back to my erted uncle who tried to me right?"

"WAIT!!!" Sehun said with a wider than the owl's eyes. "did you just said, TIRED TO YOU? your uncle???"

"Yep!!! That erted old man who I respected and treated as my 2nd dad!!! The person I loved like my own parents!!! He's the same man who locked me up at the locker room, tried to me and when I managed to escape he called his men and have them beat the living crap out of me!!!" Tao snorts at the memory."THAT ING BASTARD!!!!! I'M FOREVER GRATEFUL THAT HE HELPED ME WHEN MY PARENTS DIED BUT, I WON'T EVER FORGIVE HIM WHAT HE TRIED TO DO TO ME!!!" now his tears are falling.

That was the first time Sehun heard of it. He asked Tao of course why he suddenly left and ran away from the club but his friend would always change the subject and avoid the question. He didn't push the subject knowing Tao is not ready to open up to him but now.. .HE WANTS TO ING KILL THE OLD BASTARD WHO HARASSED HIS FRIEND!!! HIM TO DEATH!!! He's so angry to the point that he feels like he's turning into HULK. Damn.

"HUANG ZITAO!! WHY DID YOU JUST TELL ME NOW!??" he gritted his teeth in anger. Not to Tao but to his uncle.

"You have your own troubles Hun'ah~." the other said a little cute. Mood swings, HE'S DRUNK. "I considered asking you for help but, Kris gege found me." he smiles. "I'm so lucky right? GOD LOVES ME!!!!" he said as he put both of his hands up in the air while looking up on the bathroom ceiling as if he's seeing the sky.

"God loves you." Sehun said a little pissed. He sighs. "I'll get back to that bastard. I promise." he told Tao who passed out already. "But first.. ." he said groaning. ". ..Let's take you home! Damn your heavy!!"

Some of the guards on the club helped Sehun to get Tao to the car. They both stink in alcohol that Sehun is suffocating inside his own car. He opened all the window and let the wind hit his and Tao's face. Maybe it'll help them become a little sober. He's not as drunk as Tao so he can still drive but, he's really careful. He doesn't want to be on an accident.

Tao keeps on groaning on their way home. He looks like a mess, in a y kind of way. Sehun is drunk and a lot of things are running inside his head. Every once in a while he would glance at Tao, he would remember that he was once in love with him. He even thinks of stealing a kiss but he stopped himself knowing he shouldn't do something that he would regret later. Tao is his friend now and that's all.

When they arrived in front of Kris' house, Sehun prepared himself for the worst. He's so dead for bringing home Tao dead drunk. The lights are all open inside the house, looks like someone is waiting. He took another on deep breathe then he helped Tao out of his car. Since his friend won't wake up, he carry him. BRIDAL STYLE. A few more seconds and the door of the house flew open, revealing a very frowning and furious Kris. Oho~ Sehun is ready to die now.

"What happened to Tao?" Kris asks in horror as he make his way to them.

"Drunk." he answered shortly. Kris' frown deepen.

"I said you could go out toNIGHT. It's 3am!!!" Kris quoted.

"I'm so sorry. We lost track of time." Sehun said like a little puppy. Kris sighs.

"Let's get him inside." Kris said then he gestured to Sehun to pass Tao to him. The younger did and waited until Tao is settled on Kris' arms. "Stay here tonight. I don't want to watch the news the next day and see you're on an accident. You're drunk too right?"

"I can still drive." Sehun indirectly refused.

"NO. You'll stay here tonight whether you like it or not. We're going to talk when you're sober." Kris glared.

"O. ..okay sir." Sehun answered.

When they get inside the house, Sehun helped Kris to take Tao to his room. Then they left Tao so Kris can make some coffee for Sehun and lend him fresh clothes. The older also gave him 2 pillows and a blanket. All the room inside the house is occupied so he has no other choice but to sleep on the living room. The last thing Sehun saw is Kris getting a glass of water on the kitchen before he completely disappears.

"Ahh~ he said we're going to talk." Sehun groaned. "Well~ at least I'm not going to die." he said as he shrug his shoulders. After a while he fell asleep.

Back to Kris' room. Tao is dead drunk. He's groaning or or both, Kris can't tell. He stinks of alcohol but there's still a hint of strawberries on him, sweet. He took off the younger's shirt first and wiped his body with wet towel. He hesitated to take of his pants but.. .after a minute or two of thinking he finally pulled it down and wiped the his legs.

"Huang ZiTao! This is the first time I ever did this for someone. Thank God I'm in love with you coz if I'm not I won't even let you enter the house." Kris said to Tao who's snoring.

He sighs before standing up. He went to his drawer and get some of his pajamas. He put it on Tao even if it's hard, if he leave him he might catch a cold even if the idea of pranking him the next morning is kind of appealing, he'll leave it for now. When he's done he sighs repeatedly. He worked hard. He sat himself to the floor next to bed and watch Tao. He smiles to himself, the younger is still cute even if he's drunk. He can't fight the urge to pinch his nose as a childish revenge for making him tired at 1am in the morning. Kris throws everything on the bathroom and went to bed. He slept beside Tao. Since the younger's breath still stinks, he turned him around. There are times that he cannot stand the smell of alcohol. That night was one of those times. After a while he fell asleep too.

Tao woke up the next day with a headache. He ran to Kris' bathroom when he felt like he's about to throw up. Kris is sleeping beside him and no matter how much he tried to remember how he gets home, he can't. He looks at the mirror in horror. He's wearing a pajama.

"OH MY GOD!!! DID HE~~~????"

"Yes I did." Kris enters the bathroom with crossed arms. "You came home with Sehun at 1am. You're dead drunk and you made me work so hard. I changed your clothes and wipe your body."

"I'm so sorry gege~ Oh my God!! I. .."

"I'm demanding a compensation Tao~ it's Christmas Eve today. Mom is going to come so make sure you're sober when she comes. It'll be a long battle since Xie is here. Also, that woman, she still doesn't know that you're here. Surprise her." Kris smirks.

"I. ..I'll work hard." Tao squeezed his eyes shut when he felt all of the veins on his head throbs.

"Headache?" Kris asked, concerned.

"Mm. ." Tao hums.

"Let's go to the kitchen. I'll give you an effective medicine for that."

When they entered the kitchen, Sehun is already there. Cooking breakfast. Before they could say anything to the parrot head, they heard a loud gasp. Both of them turned to the hallway and they saw Xie who looks so pissed.

"What is he doing here Kris?" she asked.

"He'll stay here again from now on. Deal with it or leave." Kris raised an eyebrow as he crossed his arms.

"I. ..I'll help Sehun. .." Tao escapes.

"Sehun!???" Xie asked. She walked as fast as she can to see who there. "Kris! It's Christmas! How are supposed to spend it as a family if there's a lot of outsiders in here??"

"Will you shut up?" Kris said. He's annoyed now too.

"They're not strangers. They're my family too. If you didn't left me and Yi for another man then yes we're family. ..but that's not how it goes right? If you want to spend Christmas with FAMILY then why don't you go to your man?"

Xie's mouth fell open. Sehun whistles at the scene as Tao tried hard to ignore what was happening in front of them. Kris walked out to her and went somewhere. Both of the guys on the kitchen was being glared at. Xie is still standing at the kitchen entrance after all. When Kris came back, he has Yi on his arms. The little is so not in a good mood. She won't even lift her head from her papa's shoulder. Xie greeted her but still, there's no response.

"Good Morning Yi~" Sehun greeted first. She suddenly lift her face and turned to where the voice came from.

"HUNHUN OPPA!!!!!!" she cheered. Then she saw Tao beside Sehun who was smiling at her.

"Hi~" Tao greeted.

"TaoTao!!!!!" she cheered again. He flails around to make her papa put her down. When she's down, she immediately ran to Sehun and Tao. Sehun wants to carry her but Tao got her first. Yi's mood brighten up 100x. It can never get compared to any ball of sunshine.

"I missed you." Tao said as he sniffs her smell.

"Yi missed you too!!" she said then hugged Tao back. While they're like that. While Xie is glaring. While Yi, Tao, Kris amd Sehun are happy, the doorbell rang. Since Kris is not busy, he volunteered to open the door.

"MA!!" Kris excitedly said when he saw his mom on the door with a lot of luggage.

"Merry Christmas son." she greeted. "Where's my cute. . ...." she stopped when she saw the girl behind Kris. ". ..Xie????" she asked with a frown then he looked at Kris.

"It's a long and boring story. Please come inside first. I don't want you to catch a cold." Kris said then he helped her get the luggage inside the house.

On her way inside the house. The fashionista, not so old woman ignored Xie's presence and waltz to the kitchen when she can hear Yi and Tao and someone else, singing a Christmas song. Kris sighs. His mother hates Xie so much after she left. They're actually close before, they're like real mother and daughter but after what Xie did to him and Yi, his mom lost all of her concern for Xie. Kris sighs again.

"It'll be a long Christmas." he said then he followed his mother.