chappie~ 5

It Was You

"he kissed me!" Tao said while hugging his new panda plushie.

"I kissed him!" Kris said while hugging Ace.

"No no no! It's just the forehead. It's okay." Tao convinced himself.

"It's in the forehead. And he smiled. I guess it's okay right? Right?" Kris asked himself.

"Oh My God! Why did I smile. Does that make me look like I wanted it? Oh my God!!!" Tao punched himself, mentally.

"I shouldn't have kissed him. How should I face him tomorrow? Oh my God! What's happening to me!??" Kris sighed.

"I'll.. .I'll act like it didn't happen tomorrow. It'll be awkward if I suddenly avoid him right?"

"Right!" Kris said.

"Right!" Tao nods to himself.

The next day Tao cooked breakfast, like always. He didn't get to sleep that much so he get himself out of the bed earlier than the usual. Kris heard when Tao passed his room and walked downstairs. He didn't sleep that much himself and just like Tao, he woke up a little too early than usual. He didn't get out of bed tho, he just listened to every sound that was coming from the kitchen.

When he heard a lot of 'oops!' followed by loud thuds of the kitchenware, that's when he stood up. He checked Yi first if she woke up, good grief she didn't. After checking her he walked downstairs. Tao is there on the kitchen carefully and being silent as much as possible, cleaning the mess he made on the kitchen floor. Then Kris saw blood on his fingers.

"What happened?" Kris asked worriedly as he walk to Tao faster and faster. He grabbed his hands and pulled him to wash it with water. Tao cringed in pain.

"I was reaching for the frying pan then a saw a rat. I was so surprised and my knees go weak. I stumbled and was about to fall, I tried to stop the fall by holding into the counter but I didn't see the knife."

"God! It won't stop bleeding!" Kris said while looking at the long cut on Tao's hand. ". ..and you're trying to clean all this mess while you're bleeding?"

"I don't want you to see it. I'm sorry." he said as he shiver from the pain more. Kris grabbed the towel on the top of the refrigerator and dumped it on Tao's hand.

"Hold that. Put pressure. I'll go get the first aid kit to see what I can do. Just. Sit!" he ordered.

He ran to his room and grabbed the first aid kit. Then he saw his phone. The bleeding won't stop and the wound is too long and deep. He doesn't think he'll be able to do anything. He doesn't want to worsen it so instead of taking the first aid kit with him. He grabbed more towels and dialed a number on his phone. It's just a few rings before someone answered.

"Wu YiFan! I know you're older than me but I swear if it's not important I'm gonna kill you!" the guy said.

"It is ing important!! Get your in my house now Lay! Tao~ he accidentally cut himself and there's a ing HUGE! AND LONG! cut on his hands!"

"what? What happened?"

"JUST.. .COME HERE! NOW!!!"

"Fine! Fine! Geez!"

Kris ended the call and went downstairs to see how Tao is doing. Maybe he's panicking too much. But what can he do right? That was the very first time he saw such a huge cut. It was so deep and long and bleeding too much. He saw some of he chefs got cut before but not the same as Tao's. Not the same at all.

"Tao. Xing is on his way okay? You'll be fine. For now, let's try to stop it from bleeding too much." Kris said. Tao just nods. Maybe it was not a good idea when he tried to clean the mess while he's bleeding. Now he felt tired and the cut was hurting too much. It was cold in the morning but he was sweating, his heart was throbbing too much just like how his hands are throbbing.

"Kris ge~ it hurts." he managed to get it out.

"I know. Bear with it okay? Xing will be here in a minute. I don't know what to do with it. I don't want to make it worse." he cannot do anything to make the pain a little bit bearable.

Kris is getting impatient waiting for Yixing. Seeing Tao in pain is making him cringe in pain too, just like how he felt when he first saw him. No, actually, he's more in pain now, maybe because Tao became a part of his family already and he's precious to him now too. Tao started sobbing, no tears but Kris knows, if Yixing still doesn't come for another minute then the younger will surely shed tears for real. When Tao throws his head down in pain, Kris suddenly moved on his own. He grabbed Tao's head and pull it up again. He sat beside him and made him look at him.

"Just bear it a little bit more Tao'er. Just a little bit more." he said then he kissed the top of his head. After he said that the doorbell finally rang. Kris ran to the door and immediately opened the door. Yixing is still wearing his pajamas and he was carrying this huge bag that was almost bigger than him.

"Where's Tao?"

"In the kitchen! Hurry!" They both went to the kitchen. Yixing told Tao he'll be fine now as he unwraps his hands. The white towel turned bright red.

"God! What happened? Really?" Yixing said when he saw Tao's hand.

"He saw a rat then panicked. He was about to fall so he tried to grab on the counter but he didn't see there's a knife in there."

"Sounds painful! Looks painful!" Yixing said as he starts treating it.

"Ahh~~! It is painful!" Tao said as it was getting cleaned with medicine.

Kris held Tao's shoulders to at least help him be a little comfortable. Yixing said it needs to be stitched. Kris felt it when Tao starts to shake. He pats his shoulder and told him he needs to bear it and he'll be fine. Kris did his best to try to calm Tao down. After getting it stitched, Tao finally breathe. He didn't know he only took in small amounts of air while he was watching his own skin getting pierced by a needle. Yixing bandaged it and told him try not to wet it for the mean time.

"Now I'm wide awake. I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep now." Yixing said.

"Do. ..do you want coffee?" Tao asked.

"Oh~ yes please." he said. Tao stood up weakly only to get pushed back down to his seat.

"I'll do it! Stay still for a while!" Kris ordered.

"Ohoo~~~ How thoughtful of you." Yixing teased. "You never did that to me or LuHan before."

"You never hurt yourself before Xing." he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah? But I was hospitalized before and when you visit me, you asked me to make coffee for you." he smirked.

"I did that!?" Kris asked.

"Yes you did." he smirked at Kris then looked at Tao. "Be careful Tao. Maybe Kris is in-love with you."

"Even if I am in-love with him, I wouldn't confess." Kris said. That shocked Tao of course.

"And why not?" Yixing asked.

"Yi will kill me. She said she'll marry Tao when she grows up." Kris laughed. Yixing laughed too. So it is a joke, Tao thought it's serious. He was about to get it on his head. Good thing it was a joke. Yes, a joke.

"I. ..I'll go check Yi." he said then he walked out of the kitchen leaving Yixing and Kris who stopped laughing after he said that. Tao's hand is throbbing in pain but when he saw that Yi is already awake, he still carried him. It was painful really but he bears it. He doesn't want to worry the little girl. He took her to the kitchen.

"FanFan~ TaoTao's?" she asked while staring at Tao's injured hand.

"Good morning Yi~" Yixing greeted.

"Morning Uncle XingXing ~" she greeted back then looked at his papa again.

"Right! TaoTao's hand. Yi~ TaoTao won't be able to take care of you for a week or so. FanFan will ask Uncle Chen to take care of you for a while okay?"

"What? No! I'll be fine. I can take care of Yi~!" Tao said frowning.

"No you can't! You hurt your dominant hand Tao. You heard Yixing. You can't let it get wet for a while." Kris argue back.

"Don't fight~~~!!!" Yi shouted. "Yi~ come with Uncle XingXing? FanFan and TaoTao needs to talk." Yixing said as he tried to carry Yi. The little girls won't let go of Tao's neck so it was hard for all of them. "Yi~ go with Uncle Xing. We won't fight. I promise." Kris said then he kissed Yi's forehead.

Finally the little girl let go of Tao and she let Yixing carry her. Tao and Kris watch as Yi was being taken away by Yixing. When they are gone Tao looked at Kris. He knows he doesn't have the right to get angry at him or anything but if cannot take care of Yi then he'll be useless and he doesn't want to be useless. He wanted to be useful to Kris. The older guy saw Tao's hands starts to bleed again so he's really pissed that the younger is being stubborn about his decision. He's worrying about him and he doesn't have any single idea why Tao is refusing the idea.

"My decision is final Tao." he said frowning, arms crossed.

"But ge~! I swear I can take care of Yi. I don't want to be useless." Tao said frowning too.

"You won't be useless Tao. You can still take care of Yi but I won't let you do the big work like bathing her. Also from today onwards I'll help you take a bath."

"WHAT? WHY?"

"You're injured!"

"I'll be fine!"

"No you won't be!" he pushed Tao down to the chair and kneeled in front of him. "Tao'er stop being so stubborn and depend on me okay? You already did a lot for us for the past 2 months. I just don't want you to feel too tired one day and leave. You'll break Yi and my heart if that happened." Tao blushed. The way Kris did it is just too. ..sweet. How else can he find a guy who would kneel in front of him just to ask him to rest from work for a while right? It's only Kris, he's the only boss who would do that.

"I don't want to stop working because I'm scared you'll kick me out for being a lazy ."

"That won't happen Tao. Yi will kill me if I fire you. Just a week okay? I'll just ask Chen for a week. Make sure you're healed or at least you can move your hand then." Kris rubbed his injured hand with concern.

"Just a week."

"Mm~ just a week. And on the 6th, you'll go to your parents too right? It'll be a good opportunity to rest so when you see them you won't look too tired."

"Mm~" Tao agreed. "Thank you gege~ I don't know how to thank you anymore. You're too kind to me."

"Just promise me you won't leave me. .." Tao looked surprised just as much as Kris is. ".. ..I mean Yi~. ..just promise you won't leave her."

"I. ...I won't." he said awkwardly.

The whole morning they didn't avoid each other, just acted like how they used too but they both know on the back of their heads that something changed. They both don't know what is it but still, something really did change. Yixing ate breakfast with them (which Kris' cooked). Tao just watched tv with Yi, sometimes playing with her even if his hand is hurting. Kris feed Yi~ Tao had a hard time eating himself so it would be impossible to feed Yi. After Kris is done with Yi~ he passed her to Yixing then helped Tao. Not spoon-feeding him, he just put the food on Tao's spoon, just that.Kris washed the dishes too. It's not too much for him at all, he's used to that since he was originally the one doing it all before Tao came. Yixing went home saying LuHan will kill him if he woke up and he's not beside him.

"Xing. Tell Luhan we're closing today. But still, let all the employees in. I need to talk to everyone for my birthday party."

"Got it." he said then he went on his way.

 

~~~

 

Chen started taking care of Yi ever since that day. Kris had been busy too because they're planning to do the birthday party on the restaurant. A one special day where every food is free, but only for the restaurants regular and members. Every noon, Xiumin would come with Kris to deliver food to Tao, Chen and Yi. Surprisingly, Yi is already close to Chen, maybe because Tao told her that she needs to be close with all her father's employee or else they would all get sad and will leave the restaurant, then her father would have a very big problem. Tao is good at convincing and giving reasons to Yi, which the little girl of course would believe. Tao can only watch as Chen take care of Yi. Kris told Chen to report to him if somehow Tao decided to do anything hard so he can scold him later. Most of Tao's job for the past few days is just playing with Yi, running around the house and follow her and Chen. 

Nov. 5, everyone is do damn busy, even Chen. He didn't come that day and Kris told Tao that if he cannot properly take care of Yi then it would be better if they come with him to the restaurant. Tao said they'll be fine and said his hand is not hurting that much anymore. Kris is in the restaurant, busy giving instructions to everyone who was busy decorating the whole place. They didn't open again but they made sure to send invitations to their regulars and members. Kris also received a call from his mom that she won't be there because the renovating of the Fan-Qin is still not done and she cannot leave it. Kris understands of course but he still wished his mom will be there. She wished him a Happy Birthday and said she'll bring her gift once everything is settled.

"Kris. It's lunch. Do you want me to bring food to Tao and Yi?" Xiumin asked.

"Ah! Can I come? I miss Yi and Tao." Chen raised his hands.

"You saw them yesterday Chen." Xiumin said.

"Yeah but still~ I miss those two kids."

"Kids huh~" Kris commented then he smiled thinking about Tao and Yi. "I'll go bring their lunch. You guys stay here and rest for a while. LuHan and Yixing knows what you guys are gonna do next. Maybe I'll stay at home till 3 to play with the kids."

"What~~?? Not fair. Take me with you Kriiisssss~~~!" Chen whined.

"Hey~!!" Kris lightly slapped Chen's hand that was gripping his arms so tight. ".. .I'm still you boss!" he chuckled.

Oh~ ? You are? I thought you're my brother." Chen laughed too.

"Dude! You will never be my brother. You're surely adopted if we are in one family." the three of them laughed.

"Xiumin can you go prepare the food?" Kris said after laughing with them.

"Okay. I'll go prepare it now. Wait here."

After a while Xiumin came out with the food. Kris told Yixing and LuHan (who was flirting on HIS office) that they can continue flirting as long as they won't do anything lewd inside his office and that he's going to bring Yi and Tao lunch and won't be back until 3pm. After saying good bye to everyone Kris get on his car and drives home. As soon as he parked the car Tao came out of the front door with a smile. Kris is wondering why he's not with Yi tho. He get out of the car with the food and walked to Tao.

"Where's Yi?"

"She fell asleep. She's been working hard." he said smiling.

"Working hard?" he asked with a smile, creeping.

"I told her I can't move much because my hand is still hurting so she volunteered to help me clean her room. She put all her toys back into place after playing. She's so cute! I took a picture of her!" Tao said excitedly.

"Really!? Show me!! No! Send it to my phone!"

"I'll go get my phone!" Tao said then he ran upstairs to take his phone. Kris took the food in the kitchen and prepared it so both of them can eat. He doesn't have the heart to wake Yi up after hearing she worked hard. Tao can feed her later, now, she can just sleep all she want like a princess she is. Same time when Kris put down all the food in the table, Tao came down running to him.

"Let me see." Kris said.

"Here." Tao gave Kris his phone.

"Whoaaa!!! She's so cute!" Kris cheered.

"I know right!"

"I'll send this to my phone. You~ sit! And eat!" he ordered.

"Did you eat at the restaurant gege~?" he asked.

"No. I'll just send this then I'll eat too."

"Oh~" he answered.

Tao starts eating while Kris is busy sending all of Yi's picture on his own phone. He scrolled all the pictures on Tao's gallery then he saw a picture of Yi, Chen and Tao together. There are also ones with Xiumin, Yixing and Luhan, they all look so happy. Kris is clueless when all that happened, judging from the background, it's all inside the house.

"Tao~ when did you guys take this pictures? Where am I when this is happening?" he asked Tao without looking at the younger. Tao walked behind him, lowered his head to see what his boss is talking about. Kris promised he smelt strawberries and something sweet on Tao.

"Ah! Yi likes taking pictures. Whenever Yixing ge~, Luhan ge~, Xiumin ge~, and Chen ge is here she would ask them to take a picture with us. She said something about an album, she kept it a secret from you because she wanted to surprise you. .. .but I guess we got found out."

"What kind of surprise is this?" Kris asked.

"Well, she said you said she needs to be good to everyone. I guess Yi thinks being good means taking pictures with them. She said it was her gift for your birthday."

"Oh~ I see." he said smiling. "She's too precious."

"She is. Let's eat gege~ the food will get cold." Kris nods to him. They dig in, Kris is still sending the picture to his phone. He told himself to only send the pictures where there is Yi but. ..well. ..he got tempted by Tao's selcas so yeah~ he send some of it on his phone too without Tao noticing. They're both quiet while eating then Kris suddenly remembered that Tao is off the next day.

"Tao. You're off tomorrow right? I'll buy the flowers for your parents before I go home later tonight okay?"

"It's okay gege~ I can buy it tomorrow and I'm sorry I won't be able to help out. But.. .if you want I can always go anot~~"

"No. It's okay. Go. Yi and I. ..we'll be fine." he smiled kindly.

"Thank you gege~" Tao smiled back.

After eating lunch they checked on Yi who just woke up too. She smiles when she saw Kris and Tao on her door. She immediately get out of bed and ran to Tao, then she stopped and looked at his hand. After realizing that he's still injured she asked her papa to carry her instead. Kris fed Yi since he's doesn't have anything to do. He already said to Yixing and Luhan that he'll comeback at 3pm. Tao just watched them, he took pictures of them too, secretly of course.

After feeding Yi~ the three of them played at the living room. While Yi is playing with Tao, Kris suddenly stopped whatever it is he's doing on Yi's Mr. Panda #3. He suddenly felt weird from inside out. It's like everything is on slow motion. He stared at his daughter who was happily sitting on Tao's lap. He just stared at them with a smile, everything else around the room is already gone and all he can see is them.

"Gege~? Are you okay?" Tao asked with the sweetest and thoughtful voice Kris had ever heard.

"FanFan~?" Yi looked at him with worry too.

"I'm okay." he smiled to them. "I just. ..." he let out a chuckle. ". ..I just realize how precious you've become to us.. ..and. ..I can't imagine this house without you anymore." Tao blushed at the statement. It was the very first time someone said that to him, the very first time he felt like he really is a part of family, after his own parents passed away. He wanted to cry on the spot and thank Kris if it wasn't for Yi who would surely cry too if he cries.

"I. ..don't know how to thank you anymore gege. ..I mean. . ..This is the very first time someone ever said that to me."

"As I said before, just promise that you won't leave us no matter what happen. At least not until Yi can understand why you need to go."

"And. ..as I said before.. .I won't leave. I have no place to go gege~. This house is the only place I could call home now."

"Good. Don't ever leave. I'm hiring you for the rest of your life." he smiled at him.

"Please do. I promise I'll take care of Yi~ even if I'm already a grandpa." he smiled back.

 

~~~

 

Nov. 6, Tao woke up at 12 in the midnight. He set his alarm of course, there's no way he would wake up on his own on that ungodly hour. He took out a paper bag from his cabinet, there's a note attached to it. After making sure it was all good and neatly wrapped he tiptoed to Kris room. His boss is snoring so loud with his almost fully body sprawled to the king sized bed. He smiled when he saw Ace, it's like the stuff toy is watching him doing whatever it is he's doing.

He put the paper bag on top of Kris' bed side table then took his alarm clock and set it to 6am. After that, he washed his face, cook breakfast as quietly as possible and when he's done, he took a bath, went to Kris' room again to retrieve his card, he checked on Yi and kissed her forehead goodbye before he went out of the house.

It was so cold outside, Tao has 3 layers of clothes but he still shivered when the cold wind touched his skin. He smiled to himself thinking how surprise Kris will be because of the alarm, also his little gift. He started walking to the bus stop with shiver and . ...a smile.

6am. Kris woke up with the loud sound of the alarm. He was sure he didn't set it that early, he was sure that he didn't even touched it the other night so why is it so loud? He sat groggily, he ran his fingers through his hair that was mounting all over his forehead, maybe he needs a haircut. He angrily grabbed the alarm clock, he even considered throwing it out of the window if it wasn't for the small paper bag he saw beside it. Kris took the paper bag that was also attached with a very long note. A cute little panda paper with a note, Kris recognized it. The paper is from Yi's panda sticky note that he remembered buying after Yi suddenly grabbed it somewhere in the supermarket.

 

"Happy Birthday Kris gege~!!!! Am I the first one who greeted you today? I hope I am. :D I made sure to wake up at 12midnight so I can write this note for you :) I want to thank you A LOT, even if I already did a lot of times before. I believe it's still not enough, it was never enough for everything you've done for me.

I don't know what to wish for you since you already have everything. Maybe~~? A lover? . ..I hope you find yourself a lover soon. A bought you a gift yesterday. I'm sorry I lied to you about Yi getting tired because she helped me clean her room. Truth is, we ran all over the mall to find a gift for you. Yi has a gift for you too :D it's in her room :) .. .I hope you like it. :D"

 

Kris opened the small paper bag. It was a keychain. A super cute dragon keychain. A silver name, FanFan is dangling with it too. Kris smiled, there's another note attached on it again.

 

"It was personalized. They said I couldn't get only one because it was for couples. I hope you don't mind. I have the other one on my phone. If you're bothered by it please tell me so I can give it to you too.. .. .but.. .I have my name on it so please don't get bothered okay? :D"

 

"Oh~ now I want to see the other one. Maybe I should get Yi a phone too, then I'll get her one of this too." he said to himself while dangling the cute key chain.

Kris get out of bed with a very big smile on his face. He cannot properly remember when he smiled to the point that he's showing his gums just from a gift. Yes he's always smiling like that but only when he's with Yi. With someone else, he never smiled like that, only now, just because of that cute little gift that Tao gave him. Just because of that too long note attached to it. And just because the note said it was a couple thing.

He decided to go to Yi's room, 1st to check if she's awake and 2nd to see what is his daughter's gift for him. Yi's gift is on her small tea table. It's bigger than what he expected, bigger than Tao's gift. He tiptoed to it, carefully, so he won't wake his princess. He squats on the floor and opened the box with his creepy smile.

"Woooowww!" he cheered quietly while taking out a card. Judging from it's appearance, it looks like Yi made it herself. It was Yi's very first gift for him so he's sure he'll treasure it so much. He opened the heart shaped card. There's a lot of cute drawings inside, he let out a muffled laugh because he just admitted to himself that Yi is a better artist than him.

 

Happy birthday fanfan~ I don't need a mama as long as I have you, granny and TaoTao. Wo ai ni

From: Yi

 

He figured that Tao wrote it and then he let Yi copy it. The scribbles are so cute and Yi's message for him is so touching. Even if he's sure he's going to receive a lot of expensive gifts that day, all of it won't be treasured that much and won't be as precious as Yi and Tao's little gift. Before he knew it, he was shedding tears. He feels so touched and proud and loved. Yi is the rightest thing he'd ever done on his entire life and he was still so thankful to Xie for giving him, her. He promised to himself that he will never ever let his work be more important than his own daughter ever again. He swears on it. He hugged Yi gently so she won't wake up. He whispered a thank you and I love you then he peppered her with kisses all over her face. Kris was surprised when Yi let out a giggle.

"Good morning Yi~ my love."

"Morning FanFan~" she greeted. "Happy birthday~" she put his arms up asking to be lifted by his papa. When Kris does lift her, she kissed his cheeks. "TaoTao said you'll wake me up today. .." she said cutely.

"He did? Is that why you're not in a bad mood?" he asked and Yi nods. "I saw your gift."

"TaoTao helped me~." she said proudly.

"I know." he said with a smile. "Let's go wake him up." Yi nods to him excitedly.

Kris helped Yi to gurgle and wash her face first before they went to Tao's room. Kris opened the door but Tao's bed is already empty. Kris walked near it, he was sure that Tao is in the bathroom before he saw another note on the top of his panda plushie. He put Yi down on Tao's bed, so the little girl can take the note to give to him.

 

"Gege~ there's breakfast on the kitchen. I left early because I want to eat breakfast with mom and dad. I cooked all of their favorite food after all. Happy birthday again and I'm sorry I cannot help out today. Eat lots so you'll have the energy to take care of Yi and at the same time entertain your guests. I also prepared Yi's dress before I left. It's hanged in her closet...Have lots of fun today :)"

 

"He already left Yi. Let's go to the kitchen and eat. He made breakfast before leaving."

"Pancakesss~~" Yi cheered.

"I don't know of there are pancakes. Let's eat whatever TaoTao prepared okay?"

"Okay~~~" she answered cutely.

They went to the kitchen, Kris was happy to see another note from Tao saying, he prepared some pancakes for Yi and it's in the oven to keep it warm. He also said that Yi's new favorite syrup is the chocolate one, which is true because Yi asked for it when she saw the pancakes. After eating the delicious (because it's full of love) breakfast Kris took a bath with Yi. He can hear his phone in the bathroom, getting terrorized by a lot of messages coming from his friends and relatives.

When they're done he dressed Yi and himself. They took a selca first before they go to the restaurant. Kris is wearing his usual clothes. He considered wearing a tuxedo to be presentable but he's not fond of tuxedos so he decided not to. It was his birthday after all so everything he want is a rule that day.

When they arrived everyone is already busy. Everyone is surprisingly wearing a shirt their uniforms but with a cute dragon logo attached to it. Luhan greeted him happy birthday and said it was Yixing's idea. The party will start at 11am, before lunch. They're all tired so Kris was against on making it a night party saying a night should be a time for sleeping not partying.

Kris called Chen and ask him to take care of Yi while he's running around the restaurant making sure everything will be perfect. Little by little the people starts coming. Xiumin and the other crews are in charge of giving drinks to the guests. Yixing and the cooks are busy setting the food to the long table, it's a Buffett. LuHan is the one making sure the sound system is good and welcoming and guiding guests. Kris is in the front door to welcome and thank his guests for coming. Chen is busy playing with Yi on Kris office, looks easy but no it's not. Only Tao can take Yi's energy after all.

Exact 11am the party starts, the food is all access, the music becomes soft so guests can relax while eating. There's a 1hour show on the small stage they set inside the restaurant. It all went well, Kris was happy to see his guests enjoying their selves. He made sure to walk around and thank each everyone of them.

While the comedy live show is going on. Kris finally found the time to check on Yi and eat with his crew. They took the food on Kris' room which is soundproof. It was him, Yi, Chen, Xiumin, Luhan and Yixing. His most favorite people in the restaurant.

"Kris. I was meant to ask this when you arrived but.. .you've been so busy." Chen said while feeding Yi.

"What is it?"

"Where's Tao?" he asked.

"Yeah. Now that you said it. Where is he? I just realized he's not here because we're too busy." Yixing added.

"TaoTao visits his mom & dad." Yi answered their questions.

"Really?" Luhan said sarcastically. ". ..of all the days he could visit his parents he chose to do it TODAY?" he roled his eyes.

"Luhan! Did you forget? Tao's parents are dead. Today is their death anniversary." Kris said with a face.

"Oh~" Luhan suddenly felt ashamed. "Sorry."

"Wait. So while we're all having a party here, having fun? Tao is actually at his parent's graves crying alone?" Xiumin said.

They all suddenly looked at each other then looked down. They didn't even texted the younger to comfort him or anything because they're seriously too busy and they all doesn't know about it. Kris felt bad the most, he didn't even texted Tao to say thank you to him for the gifts he prepared before he left the house. His imagination run's wild. He imagined Tao eating the food he cooked while crying and talking to his parents. And there's no one beside him to comfort him. He imagined him getting all gloomy and sad as he tell stories to his parents. He imagined him being all alone in the cemetery where he's the only soul alive.

Before Kris could utter a word about how bad he suddenly felt for Tao, a crew knocked on their door saying some guests are going to leave and they're asking for Kris. He said good bye to them and went outside to see his guest off. The party continues. All of them is in the floor again. Xiumin and Chen exchanged duties. Xiumin is the one taking care of Yi now and Chen is the one on the floor. Kris was never the same after the realization that Xiumin stated earlier.

He was so bothered by it, his body is there but his mind is somewhere else. He cannot stop thinking about Tao. When he cannot take it anymore he texted Tao. He thanked him for the gift and asked if he's okay alone. Tao didn't reply but his message has two checkmarks so he knows that Tao already saw it. It's already 2pm and most of his guests decided to stay.

"Chen~! Can you go get Yi?" Kris suddenly said.

"Okay. Wait." he put down the tray he was holding and went to Kris' office to get Yi with Xiumin. When they arrived, Kris took Yi from Xiumin.

"Thanks. Tell LuHan and Yixing that we'll leave."

"WHAT!? WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" Chen asked.

"You can't leave! It's your party." Xiumin added.

"Just tell them we'll leave. They can take care of the rest. I need to go to Tao. .. .I just can't stop thinking about him after what you said." he told Xiumin.

"Oh~.. .but, do you know where he is?" Xiumin asked.

"His phone has a GPS tracker. I texted him but he didn't answer so now I'm really worried." Xiumin and Chen guided Kris and Yi out of the restaurant. Kris knows that LuHan will get pissed at him again for suddenly leaving but he doesn't care now, he just wants to get to Tao and be by his side. He cannot be happy on his own birthday knowing the person that he likes is so sad alone, somewhere in the planet.

"wait here." Chen said then he ran back inside the restaurant. When he came out he had a basket of food with him and flowers.

"I'm sorry. I took the flowers from the bouquet on the stage. I hope you don't mind... .I'll pay you when I got my salary, please tell that kid not to be so gloomy. Death is a beautiful thing because the persons he loves is already on God's side looking after him from heaven."

"You don't have to pay me and.. .your message will be delivered."

Kris starts the engine of his car, he opened the tracker on his own phone to see where Tao is. When he knows where he is he immediately said goodbye to Xiumin and Chen then took off. Maybe it's a bad idea to leave because after a few minutes, Luhan is already calling him. He doesn't have the heart to ignore the call knowing how Luhan worked so hard for that day. How tired everyone is to make the party possible. He parked the car somewhere and answered the call.

He was expecting LuHan will scold him but it didn't come. He just tell him that he better be careful on his way to Tao, he said accidents usually happen before, on, or after birthdays. Also he told him that if Tao is sad then it's better if they come back to the restaurant because they still have a party for themselves after the guests left and he promised that it'll make Tao forget his sadness if he went to that party. Kris agreed. After the call, Kris took off again. Yi is quiet on their way, she's just amazed at the scenery outside the car window like she always is. Sometimes she would ask Kris if Tao is alright, he just said Tao is. He doesn't want Yi to worry, it would break his heart two times to see his own daughter sad too.

After the 40 minutes ride, they reached their destination. Kris was surprised,the cemetery doesn't look like a cemetery at all, it looks like a garden. There's a HUGE amount of flowers surrounding every grave. It doesn't smell rotting and old like how cemetery usually smells. It smells like all the perfume in the world was poured in there, it's pleasant to the nose and it makes one people relaxed. He walked around carrying Yi on his arms, the basket and the flowers on the other. Yi is the one holding the phone so he can see where Tao is.

After a few minutes he finally saw Tao. He was talking and doesn't look sad at all, he was even laughing. The younger didn't know that they're there on his back. Kris told Yi to be quiet so they can surprise him. Kris also heard Tao talking about how precious Yi is to him and he feels like he just got himself his own daughter. He also talked about his boss, which is Kris of course, about how grumpy he is in the morning just like Yi, how he woke him up one time just because he wants some coffee and then how he gave that panda plushie to him and he bought clothes and still gives him the forced salary and most of all how good of a person Kris is and how thankful he is to him for saving him from the nightmare.

"You should say all that to me Tao'er." Kris suddenly said. He promised he saw Tao doing the Who.Are.You? What.Do.You.Want.From.Me? Get.Away.From.Me.! Position. It was kind of funny.

"TaoTao~~~" he called him with a blinding smile.

"Gege~! Happy Bir~! Wait NO! what're doing here? How'd you know where I am? What about your party? OMG~! did I do something wro~~~!"

"Tao! Calm down will you?" Kris chuckles. "Here! Carry Yi!" he passed her to the younger who automatically reached her hand to his neck. "I need to say hi to your parents first."

"Hi~!!" Yi started.

"Hello, ma'am, sir, I am Wu YiFan. Tao's current boss. I hope you don't mind but I made your son my wife after I found him passed out beside my car."

"Ge~!" Tao protested at the word wife. He blushed too. He lightly hit Kris' arms that made the other laugh.

"I'm not really kidding about the wife part. As you can see, my own daughter loves him more now than she loves me. I am very jealous but they look cute together so I'm good. Please give your blessings. Yi loves Tao and FanFan loves Tao. We all love Tao, I promise I won't ever let him go. We'll be Yi's father together forever, even if Yi is already married I promise I'll still keep your son beside me. He's my wife for the rest of his life."

"TaoTao is my mom?"

Yi suddenly asked then the two of them burst out laughing. She's so cute for her own good. Tao cheered inside and secretly told his mom and dad to give their blessings because Yes, he wanted what Kris just said. He wanted to become Yi's father too, he wanted to be there for her even if she's all grown up. Maybe being Kris wife is not that bad. He just hope Kris won't find himself a girlfriend soon, it would break his fragile little heart.

Kris is secretly glancing at Tao throughout his speech/declaration of war to his parents. He saw how Tao blushed as he looks down in embarrassment. Kris smiled to himself, Tao really is one of the best thing that happened to him, he was sure now. He was glad he came there, he was glad to see Tao is not sad. And he was glad Tao is not alone anymore.

"Gege~ what about your party?" Tao ask as they took out the food on the basket that Chen prepared.

"LuHan and Yixing is in charged. They'll be fine. Let's eat~"

"Cake~~!!" Yi cheered as Tao took 3 slices of chocolate cake.

They both smiled at how cheerful the little girl is. It's like all the flowers surrounding them are blooming after seeing how happy and cheerful Yi is. It's like an extra supply of sunshine. For Kris though, Tao is more radiant now. His smile, his happiness is unexplainable. It's so adorable and gorgeous at the same time.

How Kris wished he could make Tao smile like that everyday. Oh how he wish to make Tao happy for the rest of his life. The flowers surrounding them, the food, the sun, him, Yi and Tao, it looks so perfect. If his mom is there too then he's sure that it'll be the happiest birthday of his life, even if it already is.