chappie~ 13

It Was You

Kris followed Tao on their shared bedroom. He entered and Tao is nowhere to be found, then he saw the lights open on the bathroom. He sighs, he still doesn't know how to explain those adult toys to Tao. Though, telling the truth would be the best option.

"Tao?" he knocks on the door. He heard a loud and surprised gasp from the younger. "Please open the door and let's talk about what you just saw."

"I didn't see anything gege~. Promise." Tao cutely lied like an innocent 5 year old caught putting his hands inside a cookie jar.

"Come on Tao'er. Please. Just open the door and come out." he said gently.

He waited and after a few seconds that felt like forever, Tao finally opened the door. He's still as red as when he ran earlier. Crimson red. Kris smirks because the younger is avoiding eye contact. He's too innocent and Kris just wants to taint him right there and then. Tao didn't say anything, he just stands there in front of Kris with head down. Kris step one forward and he stepped backward. Looks like the older is teasing because he stepped forward again until Tao is finally inside the bathroom again, cornered between the sink and Kris.

". ..I. ..I promise I won't tell anyone." Tao said.

"That's not the problem Tao'er." the younger frowns. "The problem is what's running through your mind." Kris sighs again. "That's LuHan's gift."

"I know." Tao said, still avoiding eye contact.

"Don't think it's a hobby or anything." Kris teasingly pokes Tao's cheeks. "Luhan gave it to me as a joke." he explained.

"A joke?" Tao frowns. He looked at Kris but only for a second then he looked back down again.

"Yes. A joke. He knows I'm in love with you. You know Yixing and Luhan are right?" Tao nods. "They're using the same ones."

"W.. .why.. .? How would you know that?"

"LuHan is too open. He told me." Kris said with a smirk. He's glad Tao is talking, if not, it'll be so awkward that he would consider killing LuHan again. "Have you seen those kind of things before?"

"No." Tao said while shaking his head. "But I kind of got the idea what are they used for." he squirms. Kris cannot stop himself from smiling. A wide & playful one.

"When you throw the garbage tomorrow, throw the box too." Kris ruffled the younger's hair. "Those are useless."

"But.. .it's Lu-ge's gift for you?" Tao protested as if what Kris' just ordered him to do is just too wrong.

"Then do you want me to use them?" Tao suddenly looked at him, terrified. "No right?" Kris smirks. "Throw them away. I don't need those." he said then he pushed Tao out of the bathroom. "I'll wash up. Leave the mess downstairs. I'll help you clean them tomorrow. Don't sleep on me. We're still going to talk about this."

Kris held up the small box that he has been holding all the time. Tao's second present. Seriously, Tao forgot about that. Thanks to those adult toys he saw earlier. Ah, now he's panicking. He doesn't know what to tell Kris about the second gift. It's his turn to explain now. He blushed more, if that is even possible. He sat on their shared bed and rolled on it like a teen age girl. He did that for like 10 or more times until he heard a laugh. He sit up and pouts at the image of Kris laughing at him.

"Please stop laughing." Tao pouts.

"You're so damn cute Tao. How are you so cute like that when you're about as tall as me? You're a guy. Your voice is not as deep as mine but, it's still pretty deep." he walks to Tao. "So cute for me huh~?"

"I'm not cute." Tao pouts more.

"You are cute." he sat beside him and pokes his red cheeks. He smiles to him but the younger rolled his eyes. "Oho~! Even the way you roll your eyes is cute." Kris teased more then he took Tao's hand and put the small box on it. "Let's talk about this now."

"I. ..gift.. .thank you. .."

"Calm down Tao'er." Kris chuckles. The younger took a deep breathe.

"I want to say thank you to you for everything you did for me and. ..this is the only present I could see fit for the thought." Tao explained.

"CHrome Hearts couple necklace?" Kris smirks. "Why necklace?"

"Because it's close to the heart. I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart." Tao says shyly.

". ..and, bracelet because it's close to the pulse?" Kris guessed, the younger nods.

"Please accept them. You could give the other one to the person you love." Kris gasps then sighs.

"Tao'er. Are you not taking me seriously whenever I'm telling you I'm in love with you?" Kris frowns. "Here." he took out the bracelet & necklace out of the box. "You're the person I love."

"I. ..I know." Tao squirmed and played with the accessories.

"I thought you want me to give them to someone else." Kris sighs in relief then smiles. "Well~ thank you for this. I'll wear it from now on and I won't ever take it off." he ruffled the younger's hair.

Kris is glad he made the younger happy by accepting his gift. Truth is, Tao doesn't need to give him something like that, he already knows how thankful the younger is. And to be honest, he's just as thankful to Tao more than the younger is thankful to him. Why? Because Tao literally made their lives a whole lot more better and brighter. Before he came, Yi will only talk to him and his mom. She doesn't like going out and meeting people, she doesn't even like looking at her Uncle Yixing & Uncle LuHan. But now, she's talking with them, she's too close to them. She likes going out now and she's brighter and cuter than ever. Kris' only problem is, she wants to marry all the pretty boys she's meeting now. Before it's just him, then Tao and now it's Sehun.

Also, Kris felt like the younger is his lucky charm. First, he's always at work ever since Tao came. He can do more work that paid off since Fan-Qin is continuously growing. Second, no matter how busy he is at work, Tao is always reminding him not to forget about his daughter. And third, even if there are negative events, it's nothing compare to the good events.

"I. ..I'll wear mine too." Tao said.

"You do that. I want them all to see that we have a couple necklace & bracelet." he smiled to him. "Let's sleep now." he yawns.

"I'll wash up." Tao stood up. He's still a little squirmy and Kris loves him like that.

"Hurry up Honey~" Kris joked when Tao is about to enter the bathroom.

"Ge~~~!!!" Tao protests before closing the bathroom door. Kris laughs while Tao is pouting while washing up.

 

-//-

 

The next morning, Kris woke up first, he woke up Tao so they can clean the mess they created the previous night. Kris cleaned the living room while Tao is cleaning the kitchen. After Tao is done he heated up some of the left overs so they can eat it for breakfast. That's the rule, NO NO TO WASTING FOOD! Yi woke up with her grandmother. They went downstairs excitedly, the smell of food can smell through the house. They ate breakfast happily.

After breakfast, Kris said he'll bathe Yi and the little girl refused and said she wants Tao to do it. Kris pouts and remembered the coupon Yi gave him as a present. He used the "Bathe Yi~" coupon so the little girl had no other choice but to do it.

Days passed faster. Before they all knew it, it's new year. They celebrate it with fireworks. Yi is so amazed by it, Tao too. Kris almost cannot take all the cuteness from both Tao and Yi. He greeted them Happy New Year and kissed them both. Well, of course he kissed Tao when his daughter is not looking. She might kill him after all.

On New Year's Day, Xiumin, Chen, Luhan, Yixing, Suho and Sehun came to the house again and spends the whole day there. They played with Yi again. The little girl is so happy, Kris loves her like that. Xiumin, Chen and Tao cooked the meals. Kris' mom left the previous day saying she needs to be in Canada because Fan-Qin is having a New Year's party.

 

-//-

 

"ahh~ we're opening tomorrow. I still don't want to~" Kris groans.

"Gege~ if you don't open the restaurant then you won't be rich anymore." Tao joked.

"Don't worry about the money. I'm rich enough to support all of us for the rest of our lives. And. ..I'll still be rich. ..with Yi's love. With mom's love and with your love. Love rich." Kris brags. Tao made a face.

"Still!! Just sleep and open the restaurant tomorrow!" Tao pushed Kris down to the bed. "Sleep!" he ordered.

"Yes commander." Kris salutes as a joke. "Oh wait." Kris took his hand and kissed it. "Remind me that we'll talk about your uncle tomorrow. Sehun is on the move."

"Do.. .do we really have to do that?" Tao asked.

"Yes. We have to!" Kris said. "Let's sleep." he pulled him down.

The next morning, Tao really did remind Kris about his uncle. They talked about him and what they're about to do while Tao is cooking breakfast. Sehun texted Kris the previous day saying he met with his cop friend and said the guy is willing to help and is positive that his uncle will be in jail for what he did to him. Tao still looks hesitant so Kris asked him what he wants to do. He said he doesn't want his uncle to be in jail, he said he didn't get and he gets through the hardship so he's fine.

Kris asked him again, what if his Uncle victims another innocent guy like him. That's when Tao's face changed. The younger kept quiet for a while until Yi came. They ate breakfast and of course, Kris knows that Tao is thinking about what he said. He waited for the answer until he needs to go to Fan-Qin. Before he leaves the house, Tao told him that maybe his uncle really needs to go in jail.

That day after all the work on the restaurant, Kris called Sehun and told the younger that Tao agreed and they can continue their plan. Sehun said he'll arrange everything and will inform him later. Kris is thankful to him because he is the one doing all the work since he'll be busy with work.

A few weeks later, while Kris is busy arranging Yi's birthday party at Fan-Qin, he received a call from Sehun. The younger said that Tao's uncle is arrested and also caught on the act, selling drugs at the bar he own. Kris thanked Sehun and told the younger to keep him updated, also, he took the chance to invite him for Yi's birthday party.

When Kris came home that night, he told Tao what happened and the younger said he actually felt good about it. He said now, his uncle won't be able to do anything bad again. When Kris mentioned the drug selling, Tao was surprised. He said he doesn't know anything about that and if does, he would surely leave the moment he found out.

Jan. 27, Yi's birthday. The party is private. Only close friends, the restaurant's staffs, and some of Yi's playmate at the park where Tao is taking her are invited. Kris' mama came home too. Of course there's a lot of presents again. But the most special gift is for the birthday girl. Tao made a cute present for the little girl. He actually loves the coupon he received from Yi on Christmas so he made it too and gave it to the little girl. Small thing, yes. But, Yi secretly whispered to him that of all the material thing's she received, she likes TaoTao's and FanFan's gift the best. Kris bought her a small pink bike.

After the party, Yi fell asleep on Kris office. She's so tired from all the activities and games they played. Everyone joined, even the old ones. Kris and his mom too, they all had a lot of fun and became a kid that day. Kris & Tao is resting when they heard Luhan, Yixing, Sehun and Suho fighting downstairs.

"What's happening to them?" Tao asks him.

"Tao~ we're both here. Why are you asking me?" Kris sarcastically answered. The younger rolled his eyes.

"Come on ge~. Let's listen to them." He tempted him. They quietly walk to the stairs and when they can hear clear and loud enough, they sat. They both look like an idiot on the stairs hovering and trying to listen at what the four guys are fighting about.

"I thought you love us? I thought there are no secrets? So what is this now?" Sehun childishly asked. Ah, that's right. Sehun gave in to LuHan and Yixing and Suho too and just like what Kris said before, it's not anymore, it's foursome. The four of them have been in a relationship ever since New Year. Sehun looks happy so he let it go but now they're all fighting. A foursome is troublesome, what are you expecting?

"Sehun ah~ calm down will you. And I'm still older than you. Don't raise your voice." Suho said calmly.

"Suho's right." Yixing said.

"You're saying that because you already knew." Luhan joined.

"Lu-ge~ its not like that. I just don't want us to fight. I want us to talk." Yixing said.

"Oh yeah? Both of you kept s secret from us. Xing~ you're the one who told us that we shouldn't keep secrets with each other. So what happened with that?" Luhan asked.

"You want us to talk now? What just now? Because we finally found out? If we didn't then you won't tell us? Is that it?" Sehun added.

"Don't get angry at Yixing. I'm at fault here." Suho said. "I'm sorry. I beg to him not to tell you guys. I don't want you to know until I'm sure."

"Whatever." Sehun said. "It won't change the fact that you're going back to Korea tomorrow. You could've told us. Are we not important to you Suho hyung?" Sehun cries. Tao wants run to him and comfort him but he stopped himself because it's a Lovers fight and he's not supposed to in into that. He told himself that he'll wait until the conversation is over.

"No. It's not like that Sehun ah~" Suho walked to him and wipes his tears. "You know I love you right? The three of you. I love you guys."

"Then why are you suddenly going back? Why didn't you tell us?" Luhan asked.

"allow me to explain why." Yixing volunteered.

"okay." Suho said.

"come on." he pulled Sehun to sit with them.

"So? What really happened and why are we in this kind of situation?" Sehun asked, tears still falling. Luhan is beside him, hugging his arm to comfort him.

"Suho hyung is actually rich in Korea.. .." Yixing started but he was stopped by LuHan.

"Wait! First of all! Since when did you found out about everything Yixing?" He asked him.

"Before Christmas." he answered honestly.

"Ok! Go on." LuHan cooed.

"So yeah, Suho hyung is rich. He came here to China for a vacation. He had enough in Korea, all he's doing is business, business and business. So he ran in here and decided to stay for 6 months. He rented a house and pretended he's just a poor foreigner. It was like that until. ... ?"

"I'll continue." Suho cuts Yixing off."Until I went to the mall one night and get robbed. They took my wallet and my back pack where I'm keeping all of my money and my papers." Suho sighs at the memory. "My passport is lost, I don't have money and my phone is in the bag too. I lost everything I have in a blink of an eye. I don't know the way back to my hotel and I tried to call some of my friends but no one answered. I know I'm a grown man and I could do something to ask someone to help me but. ..I'm not in Korea. My Chinese is broken then. I starved for two days until I collapse on your door." he looked at LuHan.

"I know that story okay." Luhan said as he rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, but I don't." Sehun said. "Continue hyung." he encouraged the older.

"I lived with you since then. And then.. .before Christmas my father's employees finally found me. They came to the house when you guys are not around. They want me to go back to Korea but, I did my best to refuse." he explained.

"Lu-ge~ remember when I came home first before?" Yixing asked him. The older just nods with a frown. "when I came home Suho hyung's dad is in the house and forcing him to go back. I talked to his dad and tried to convince him that we love Suho hyung. He tried to hurt him but I stopped him. He said if hyung doesn't want us to be in trouble then he'll go back to Korea."

"I begged to my father to at least let me stay until New Year. New year passed and he's still not contacting me and I thought he changed his mind but, yesterday my passport and my new card arrives with a letter form my father that my flight is tomorrow afternoon." Suho looks down. "I'm so sorry. I don't want to go back but. ..I don't want my father to do something to you guys."

"I don't want you to go." Sehun said then tears up again. He's the youngest of the four so of course he'll be spoiled by them.

"Don't cry Sehun'ah~. I'll do something okay. I'll come back. Promise." he told him.

"Don't make promises you can't keep." the younger said as he buried his face on Luhan's neck.

"So you're actually rich and your life is a planned one." Luhan frowns.

"Something like that." Suho said.

"This is so complicated! How dare you make us fall in love with you and leave now?" he lashed at him.

"Lu-ge~. Nothing's gonna get solved if you get angry at him." Yixing said. Luhan sighs.

"What're we gonna do now?" he asked.

"I'll just go back first then I'll talk to my father again." Suho answered.

"What if he tries to hurt you again?" Yixing asked with too much concern.

"I don't care anymore. I have my own money. I'll come back. I promise." Suho said with pleading eyes. "Are you guys still gonna accept me when I came back?"

"WE WILL!!" Sehun answered then he ran to him for a hug. "I'll miss you so much Suho hyung." he said.

"I will too Sehun ah~. Be good to Yixing and Luhan okay?" he pats his back. Sehun hums a yes.

Tao and Kris smiles. Sehun is a strong person outside but in reality he's still just a kid. The four guys grouped hugged and promised each other that they will wait for Suho no matter how long. The two guys on the stairs decided that they heard enough and went upstairs quietly again. When they entered Kris' office, Yi is still sleeping. Kris sat beside Tao and stared at the younger. Tao did not pay attention to him at first because the younger is busy admiring Yi's cuteness while sleeping until he pokes his cheeks. The younger pouted and looked at him.

"What?" Tao asked.

"They had their happy ending." Kris smiles. "When will I have mine?"

"I thought you're willing to wait?" Tao teased.

"I am but. ..can't I at least get a kiss? Or a hug? I think it's still a long wait. I deserve a reward for being a good boy right?" Kris said like a kid.

"I can give you a hug." Tao looks unsure to his own words. Kris sighs.

"Tao, tell me. Are you still scared? You really can't trust me that much?"

"It's not like that anymore gege~." Tao suddenly looks so sorry to him.

"Then what is it?" he asked again.

"Just.. .wait a little more gege~. I promise it won't be that long. I'm just.. .I'm mentally preparing myself." Tao said with a blush.

Kris is suddenly in a good mood. That's right. How can he forget that Tao is too innocent. He's not used to relationships and he's a guy too. It might be easy for him but not for Tao. The younger is already mentally preparing himself. Kris smirks at the thought. It won't be long until the sweet, sweet YES from the younger.

"Okay then. But. ..I still want a hug okay~" he teased the younger.

"Now?"

"Now!" he smiled to Tao who's blushing.

He opened his arms to show Tao that he's waiting for it. The younger hesitates a little but after he gave him a reassuring smile he finally moved closer and gave Kris a hug. They can feel each other's warmth. It actually feels so right and perfect.