Chapter 2

Into Your World (너의 세상으로) | Rewriting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What?"

Eunhye considered for a moment taking a picture of Chanyeol's face when she dropped that bomb. She thought Sehun would pay big money to see that. Of course it was a fake bomb, she had never done it with Chanyeol. She just wanted to get back at him for being such a baby. She had flown thousands of miles one day early, demanding at her airlines to find her an earlier date even if it was at peak season and all flights were fully booked. She practically went to all lengths just to get to him and he didn't welcome her like she thoight he would.

Trying her best to put on a straight face, she repeated her sentence. "I'm pregnant."

His arms around her dropped. Even with the dim lighting she could tell when his face turned white at her lie. She decided not to say anything else so she focused her attention somewhere else--and she found his collarbone.

"But we haven't..."

"I'm kidding. Stupid." He just stared at her like she didn't say anything. Had she gone too far? "You really believed I would do that to you?" I asked. "Chanyeol babo."

"Wait, what?"

Rolling her eyes, she went on tiptoes to kiss his cute chin amd reached for the doorknob. He grabbed her hand as the news of her lie sank in and he made her face him. "You're not pregnant?"

"No. I just wanted revenge. I decided to tell you the actual news later. I'm hungry, we should go. I left the food at the living room and you'd spent so much time sulking I don't think there'd be anything left by now."

She went for the doorknob again but he just pulled her again for another hug. "Let's stay like this for a while please. I'm still sulky

She was smiling as she hugged him back. Two weeks seem like two years. This wasn't the longest time that they were apart, and with their situation, him being a celebrity and her trying to juggle her job at the radio station, her online classes and her drafting an ongoing comic series in Japan, they should be used to it by now.



 

(Eight months ago)


"We'll be landing in Incheon International Airport in ten minutes. Please prepare and kindly secure your seatbelts."

Eunhye had been staring at the invitation card as she had been since she left Cebu International Airport that morning. She had always been dreaming of coming to South Korea ever since Sandara Park popped up on tv for Star Circle Quest Season 1 when she was in 6th grade. She studied the language, fell in love with the food and unconsciously adopted the culture as if it was her own without ever stepping on Korean soil. Now her first(and unrequited) love was getting married in Korea, asking for her to attend with all expenses paid for. She should be happy. Besides, she got one more week before she had to fly to Japan and enroll for her Game Development courses. So there she was, stuffing the bitter envelope back in her duffel bag and followed the instructions. All except for turning off electronic devices off, which she put on Airplane mode, because EXO's "Baby Don't Cry" was playing and it was her bias, Chanyeol's part. Even if she memorized the lyrics (and the whole album) she just had to listen to it. She just expertly hid her earbuds under her shirt and hair so it wouldn't be obvious.

This was it. Zach(that was her friend's name) was getting married in two days and she was going to Seoul. In order for herself not to dwell too much on her real purpose for coming, she imagined bumping into all her favorite idols there. If she was lucky, she might see some in the airport. The country's industry for idols was too big, she believed celebrities walk in and out of the airport almost every day. Soon, her mind was off Zach. Until she got to the Arrival area. He had promised to personally pick him up, but she looked and there was no Zach there. She went to the waiting area and stayed there for like thirty minutes when she decided he wasn't going to show up. Of course he wouldn't. It was Zach. He never showed up. Worse, her luggage was also nowhere to be found. The one she picked up from the conveyor turned out notbto be hers, because she tried her combination on the lock a good hundred times but it wouldn't budge. The airport tried to find hers but they were still waiting for an update. They said they were going to contact her the moment they found it or the person who picked it up.

Her stomach growled and she thought about finding some place to stuff herself with good Korean food, except at that place it was just called food. Stepping out of the airport, she breathed. She was in Korea. Despite herself, she smiled. She was in Korea!

She found a cab and asked the driver to take her to a good restaurant, and he ended up taking her to his wife's diner. It was good, so maybe he did take her to the best one, and she thought it was sweet of him. He even gave her a discount, saying it was his first time meeting a foreigner who had never been to Seoul who spoke like a native, and he felt proud. She was right about done with her meal when her phone rang.

"Hi. Is this Eunhye-ssi?" It was a man's voice. "This is Kim Junghan, I picked up your luggage by mistake."

She almost fell to her knees and kissed the floor at what he said. "Yeah. How can I get my luggage back? Can you bring it back to the airport?"

"This is why I was actually calling you. I'm from KBS Radio, and I am currently tight on schedule. Is there any chance you could swing by the station and bring my suitcase? I'll pay for the cab fair. I really need the bag as soon as possible."

"Sure, no problem," she said. "I'm free all day anyway. I'll be right there."

He gave her instructions where to go and who to look for and off she went. She didn't have anywhere to go anyway because Zach wasn't answering his phone and she forgot to ask him which hotel he checked her in to. It was KBS Radio, and she coul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter