Chapter 10

Into Your World (너의 세상으로) | Rewriting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was a knock on the door even though they left it open when they came in. It was none other than the man of Eunhye's dreams.

"EXO is here," Heejin jokingly said. "Get the press!"

Chanyeol greeted Zach politely and smiled at Eunhye. She unconsciously grabbed her chest for fear that the very loud beating of her heart would reach Chanyeol's very lovely ears and embarrass her to death. She also realized she hadn't showered yet. She was still on the same clothes she had on since last night.

"Great, you're here," Heejin said. "Meet Grace. But she's in Korea right now, and she wanted me to call her Eunhye, so Eunhye it is. Eunhye, this is Chanyeol."

The tall guy handed Eunhye her phone with both hands. "We kind of...already met. She left her phone in the car so I'm returning it."

Heejin put another hand over . "You knew she was here, that's why you came? Not because I'm sick?"

"You can't be sick." He pointed to a bag full of fruit peels on the corner desk. "But I knew you were here, so I came." He smiled brightly at the girl in the sick bed.

*pyororong! jeonhwa wasseoyo!
5-6-7-8! pa-pada padara!
pa-pada padara!*

She picked it up before her ringtone embarrased her in front of the love of her life. She thought her eardrum would break at Baekhyun's really loud voice on the other line.

"What happened?" he asked in rapid Korean with a hint of his dialect. "Chanyeol said you were in the hospital and he had to go give you your phone back. Did you get it?"

"Uh, you're calling me on it."

"What happened? Are you okay? Did they cut your hand off? Chanyeol said I shouldn't come along even if I wanted to. Wae? WAE WAE WAE?!"

"I'm just visiting a friend," she said. "Don't worry they didn't cut my hand. Yet."

"Is Chanyeol still there?"

"How did you get my number?" she asked, ignoring his question.

"It was on Chanyeol's phone. Should I NOT have taken it? He didn't know I took it from him. You see, he spent two hours in the shower and we had plenty of time to copy your number to our phones--"

"You did what?" Did he just say he distributed her private phone number to the other members? She was sure she heard "our phones" come out of his mouth...

"Yeah!"

"Let's play Dragon Nest, Noona!"

"I can't hear her! Give me the phone."

It sounded as if he had put her on speaker and she could hear Sehun and Kai from the background. "If he asks," Baekhyun said. "Tell him you gave us your number." She heard someone snicker, who sounded suspiciously like Sehun. "Call you later!" Baekhyun ended the call before she could answer.

"Weird," she muttered as she put the phone back in her pocket.

"Chanyeol, you brought a car right?" Heejin went on. "Which is perfect. You can take Eunhye back home to Zach's or wherever she wants to go."

Eunhye felt the blood drain from her face. Her friend was obviously on her match making mode today. "What are you talking about?" she protested. "But I just got here."

"And I don't need you, I have Zach," Heejin said. "And I can't keep you here when you have all day to go explore the city."

"I can go whenever I want," Eunhye started to say.

"I can take her," Chanyeol said at the same time, making all the drained blood Eunhye felt on her face start to go back up. She was sure she was beet red at the moment. "To the apartment or whenever she wants."

Back to your dorm, to your room and cuddle all day? Eunhye was tempted to say but she held her tongue. "I...I would...I..."

"You don't really need to leave right now," Zach cut her off. "Until you decide where you want to spend the rest of your day."

Something in Zach's eyes told Eunhye he was pissed off at something. No way was she going to stay longer in the same room with him. Not with his fiancee. She took Heejin's hand without the IV drip. "Fine. I'll go enjoy myself."

The bride-to-be gestured for Chanyeol. "See you at the wedding, Yeollie."

The tall guy winked at her and led Eunhye out of the hospital room. When they were out in the hall, Chanyeol put on a black facemask and a plain black snapback--standard idol disguise. Eunhye herself looked cautiously around her to see if anyone would recognize him and ask for her head on a plate. If walking with Chanyeol along the hall would this be secretive, how would it be if she would date him.

Not that they were going to. Eunhye, get your head back on earth.

"Where do you wanna go?" Chanyeol asked when they got to the car. 

"Back to Zach's," she said, thinking she would need to shower first before she thought about anything else. She would ask Chanyeol to drop her off  there so he could go on his merry way. "I actually need to shower." When she said that, she mentally hit herself.

"I see. Wait, why are you staying at Zach's?" he asked. "Why not a hotel or somewhere else?"

"He was supposed to check me in," she relayed. "But he had to take Heejin to the hospital after she collapsed and he forgot about things. I'll just go fix my stuff and check in somewhere later today."

"Good."

"Huh?"

"I mean," Chanyeol said, suddenly clearing his throat. "Nothing. I'll show you to some of the good ones around here." He started the engine and realized he didn't know where the apartment was.

"Here," Eunhye said, putting in the address on the car's GPS.

"Do you drive?" he asked as he tried to back out of the parking space. 

"A bit," she shrugged. "I had to sell my car before coming here, though." She had planned on staying in Japan for good so she didn't think she would use that car anymore. It wasn't her dream car, but it was her very first car so it hurt when she had to part from it, but she needed money for her tuition and other expenses when she moved to Japan. So much for making plans.

Chanyeol gave her a sideway glance. She was the same age as him but she already had her own car. He wondered what she did for a living back in her country.

"It wasn't much," she said, figuring what he was thinking. "It was originally Zach's, but he sold it to me cheap before he moved here two years ago." He actually wanted to give it to her free, but she insisted paying for it. That was back when....

"I see." Chanyeol realized Zach's name was everywhere in Eunhye's story. "Funny how these days, people our age are getting married already."

She agreed. She had to attend one grade school friend's wedding a day before coming to Korea. Weird for her, though, she never imagined herself in a wedding dress. Nor a family.

"There's still a lot I want to do with my life, though," she said, staring out the window. It was tinted and even if it was bright outside, she could see Chanyeol's faint reflection on it and realized she was in a car, alone, with EXO's Chanyeol. She bit her lip to hide a squeal, but there was a bump on the road and she ended up cutting herself. "Ow!"

"What's wrong?" Chanyeol asked franticaly. "Was it your hand?"

"No, I'm fine."

"Uh oh, your lip's bleeding."

Why is there so much blood between the two of them?! 

"It's okay," she assured

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter