Chapter 12

Into Your World (너의 세상으로) | Rewriting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol was kissing her. Her. 

The wedding ceremony must have had fireworks because she could hear them exploding in her head. Chanyeol's lips were soft and she could taste some of the freshly squeezed lemonade he was having before he got up to play the piano earlier.

She didn't realize she stopped breathing until he released her to look at her eyes. Looking at him with just a couple of inches distance was too much for her. She cleared .

"Okay," she croaked. "That fanservice was too intense, thank you."

"What?"

"We should probably head back." She started to leave but Chanyeol still hadn't let go of her hand and he held her back.

"Hang on," he said. "Why are you running away?"

"They are probably looking for us."

"I already told my sister we were leaving," he said. "We can stay longer."

"Y-you want to stay longer?" She sat back down. "O-okay."

"Are you mad at me?" he said, worry creased on his forehead.

"Am I.. Am I mad at you?" Why would he even think that? "No, I'm not."

His expression loosened. He just didn't understand why she tried to run from him. Did he misinterpret everything?

"You know it's unfair when kissing someone who bias you," she went on, surprising him. "That's cheating." His boyish smile almost made her kiss him again, but she held herself. "So is that killer smile."

She couldn't believe the guy could blush.

"Seriously, though, it's late." She was looking at her watch. "And I have to get up early tomorrow for my first day of work."

Chanyeol's face brightened even more. Heejin had told him that Eunhye was just staying for the wedding and was going to study in Japan. That was why he didn't want to tell her how he felt because he thought she was going to leave soon. "You're going to work here? In Seoul."

"I'm going to be working for the radio company where we first met...?"

"Daebak." He took her hand in both of his. "So you're staying?"

"I only signed a three-month contract," she replied honestly. "My status would be on probation, more like an internship before I move to Japan to finish the last half of my semester."

"But still, you're not leaving tomorrow? Or the next day?"

She shook her head. "Unless I pay the $9,000 contract violation fee, no."

He punched the air. "Assa!" In his celebration, he pecked her lips again for a brief second, taking her by suprise, not for the first time. "I was so torn up because I thought you were leaving soon."

Was he saying he wanted to see her again? Eunhye's head was spinning it was hard for her to really grasp anything he was saying. "Okay...?"

"Today's our first day then," he declared.

"Huh?"

"Unless you don't like me, too..."

"What are you talking about? Of course, I like you."

"Good. C'mon, they are probably looking for us."

What just happened? Why was Chanyeol taking her home? Could someone please explain to her what just happened within the last ten minutes of her life.

He led her out of the rooftop, where surprisingly, not a single person apart from them were loittering around. They were already through the door into the building when Eunhye stepped back and retrieved something from the wall. The NO-SMOKING sign was now replaced with SMOKING AREA. She was stuffing the sign inside her purse. It was a sticker sign she sometimes carried around with her.

"That was yours?"

"Always worked to keep people away from popular places." She winked. "At least it worked tonight."

"Yeah, you got yourself an idol boyfriend."

She stopped on her tracks. She knew she looked stupid but she had to ask. "That was real?" 

"Yes," Chanyeol stopped to pull her back. "So tomorrow, when you wake up, please call me and tell me I didn't just dream all of this."


**************

She opened her eyes the next morning, and rolled over.

"That was a nice dream," she murmured to her pillow, pulling it closer to her body. She was used to waking up from cruel dreams that would leave her with longing even if she was already out of dreamland. That morning, her heart ached with the familiar feeling. She checked her wristwatch which she always sleep with, saw that it read a few minutes past 5, and thought of going back to sleep, hoping she would dream again of Chanyeol.

She noticed the notifications though and found new messages on Kakao.

    03:36AM
    Chanyeol: Can't sleep.
    Chanyeol: I have a schedule tomorrow.
    Chanyeol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter