Chapter 11

Into Your World (너의 세상으로) | Rewriting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was on her way out of Zach's house that day when she craved for some fast food. She remembered seeing a Subway joint a couple of blocks away when she tried to look out the window while Chanyeol drove for fear he would see how red her cheeks were. However, the moment she exited the building, three girls stepped in front of her, blocking her way. They were demanding her to tell them who she thought she was to have Chanyeol come all the way up to her apartment and not leave until four hours later.

"That was four hours?" she wanted to ask them just to annoy them more. But really, it felt as if it was just four minutes for her--definitely not enough. 

"Why would he go to your apartment?"

"I don't have an apartment," she said. "You must have me confused with someone else."

"You're living in number *** right?" one of them demanded. "We saw you come in with Oppa. What did you do with him."

The three girls looked like high school kids and as much as she wanted to play with them, she was too tired to argue with anyone. She switched her language to straight English, playing the I'm-a-Foreigner Trump Card. "I'm really sorry, I don't know what you're talking about. You must have me confused with someone else. And I don't live here."

"Stay away from our Oppa. You ugly b*tch."

Uhmm.. okay? She considered telling them that she and Chanyeol had already promised to go their wedding the next day, but then she remembered Baekhyun's experience with fans and weddings so she stopped herself. A policeman happened to pass by and the three kids hurried away, but not before miming cutting her and pulling out all her hair.

***********

She was in a chatroom with EXO-K.

Baek: I was good, right?
Sehun: Aniyo
Suho: I think I was the better MC
Sehun: Aniyo
Kai: I want to eat chicken
Eunhye: Chicken Kai-ssi
Sehun: Aniyo
Sehun: That was me
Kai: Let's eat.
/*inserts photo of roasted chicken*/
Suho: Eunhye-ssi come eat with us
Sehun: Yes
Baek: Chanyeol's not here
Kai: Why not?
Baek: I kicked him earlier.
Baek: Ggaepsong!
Suho: Eunhye-ssi
Eunhye: Can't
Eunhye: Hospital duty
Baek: We'll bring the chicken there
Baek: We can cook the chicken there
Eunhye: I already ate
D.O.: Eat again
(She didn't realize Kyungsoo was in the chatroom)
Eunhye: I'll get fat >.<
Kai: Chanyeol will like you anyway
Eunhye: Hospital = sasaengs not allowed
Baek: If Yeol comes, will you eat?
Sehun: of course!
Eunhye: Stop it.
Sehun: Chanyeol
Sehun: Chanyeol
Sehun: ChanyeolChanyeolChanyeolChanyeol
Eunhye: I'm leaving the chatroom
Baek: You two have your own chatroom? <3
Sehun: /*shocked face*/
Baek: leave the hospital
Baek: get here quick!
Sehun: Chanyeol is sick
Kai: Love sick
Sehun: yeah
Eunhye: gotta go
Baek: No!
Sehun: yes!
Sehun: go
Eunhye: you're crazy

"What's funny?" Zach asked when he heard her snicker.

"Nothing," she said and stood up. "I'll be going now so I can catch up with you later for dinner." 

She already checked herself in a hotel. Tomorrow was the couple's big day and there was no way she was going to stay in Zach's place with just the two of them. Heejin lived with her family, and what would they think if their future son in law spent his last night as a bachelor alone with a female friend as cute as her. She snickered to herself as she walked up to the front desk.

Her phone rang and she answered it.

"What are you doing right now?"

Her heart skipped a beat at the sound of Chanyeol's voice. "Checking into a hotel." She took the keycard she was handed and went with the bellboy who ushered her to the elevator. "How was the chicken?"

"How did you know we were having chicken?"

"Women's intuition."

"I had one slice, Kai ate all of it." 

("No, I didn't!"

("Is Chanyeol on the phone?")

("Eunhye-noona, annyeong haseyo!")

"Sehun really shouldn't eat with his mouth full," she said as she recognized the other members in the background.

"You sound like you know them pretty well now." There was a pause and more background noise that sounded suspiciously as someone hitting something. Or someone. "Now I know why they kicked me out of the chatroom. You were there, weren't you?"

"Why yould they kick you out?"

("That's mine! Give it!")

("Hyung, can you get me water?")

("Whose cider is this?")

"Shut up, I'm on the phone," Chanyeol yelled.

("Then get off the phone. Or stop eating and go on talking.")

"Kai might turn into a chicken," she commented.

"Which hotel are you staying in?" Chanyeol's sudden question made her stumble on her way into the elevator. There was some scraping noise as she lost signal, but luckily the call didn't get disconnected when the elevator door opened again to her floor. Chanyeol was saying something.

"What?"

"Okay, so you'll be staying there til after the wedding?"

"Maybe," she said. She didn't really think past that time of her life yet.

"But you're not staying there with Zach right?"

"Why would you even think that?"

"Okay," he said in a bright tone. "I can eat happily now."

"If there was any food left." She had to settle herself in so she said goodbye to him. She stared at her phone. "Oh gods of Olympus, Chanyeol just called me." She squeeled and then threw herself on the bed. "Chanyeol just called me!"

There was a PING and a message came. Chanyeol took a photo with the other members eating. It seemed like the M members were with them now. She started to regret turning down Suho's offer.


***************

Her heart was beating a hundred miles a minute. She would argue that she was currently more nervous than the couple who were going to be married that day. Park Chanyeol was standing right next to her as they waited for the bride to get there. For a moment, when Chanyeol came almost fashionably late and took his place beside her, but not before smiling at her and saying hello with that deep voice of his.

"Wow. You look nice."

If she was dreaming at the moment, she'd kill whoever person tried to rouse her.

"You too," she managed to find her voice somehow, although she bet he always looked nice. Just a little bit extra today because of the occassion.

"I thought I was late."

"Oh you are," she assured him. "She's just even more so. We've been here for over thirty minutes." She glanced at the far side of the church, at the altar, where a worried looking Zach stood staring at his feet. 

"Where's Noona?" He asked, looking for his sister. 

"She and Gain-eonni went to Heejin."

"We can just take their places," Chanyeol said, speaking with a low voice with his mouth close to her ear, making her shudder.

"Please don't say something you'll regret for the rest of your life," she replied. "I might take you on your word." They exchanged looks and they both snickered despite the current situation.

There was a rustle among those outside the church as a Eejin made her way to the entrance. Every one of them went back to their place in line, all of them looking relieved. Eunhye stepped away for a moment to search for Zach's eyes a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter