I Know My Mistake, Mianhe

Shots-Of-Scenes
 

Have I Lost You?

 

Aerin’s POV

 

Sitting on a bench near my apartment, I look up at the dark blue sky filled with tiny diamond dots which people called it stars. Surround with the sound of crickets making noises and the cold nature atmosphere. I am alone.

 

I lower down my head and stare at my untied shoelaces, just like how and when it got untied without me knowing, it applies the same too with the friendship that me and Sasya had once have.

 

I knew that I was being rude and mean to her back in the Café but I wanted to show her that I’m still a human being that capable of carrying different type of emotions and that’s include disappointment.

 

I know for the fact that the reason I was acting cold and mad towards her is only a mask to cover up my disappointment. I was too disappointed that I rather show a cold upfront than breaking down.

 

What kind of a bestfriend don’t bother to check up on me even once when she was there?

 

When I was going rough time back then, when I need someone to lean onto, where is she?

 

No where to be found.

 

So is it wrong for me to feel that I was abandoned? can someone answer me?

 

 

 

 

I was still lost in thoughts when

 

 

 

Suddenly there’s a feeling of presence near my leg. I look down just to find a shiba inu breed puppy snuggling onto my leg. Waggling his fluffy tail while looking at me. He was wearing a cute binnie like hat?

 

 

 

 

Aww~~! That's so cute! ^^

 

I pick it up and let him lay on my lap. He then stare at me with his cute doggy eyes. For some odd reason, he kinda resembles someone that i know of.

 

"Hey there little one. Where's your owner? Are you lost?" I ask the puppy as I play with his paws.

 

The puppy then stand on his feet before my face.

 

"Hey! Hahaha! Stop! Hahah!" I chuckle, feeling ticklish all over my face.

 

"Chocky!" someone shouted. 

 

Hmm... That voice seems familiar...

 

 

 

In an instant, someone pull and carry the dog away from me.

 

aww.. i thought of wanting to play with him a little while longer...

 

"Naughty Chocky!" that guy reprimand as he held the dog up, staring into its eyes.

 

"Hey. Don’t scold him. He didn’t do anything wrong. He was just comforting me" I voice out making sure he didn’t scold the little one any further. 

 

"Aniya! He Need to be scolded! He ran away from me! Bad dog." Reply the guy. "And oh, I’m sorry Miss for my dog behaviour just now. He didn’t usually act this way towards strangers." the guy then turn around to face me.

 

 

And that is when I realise!

 

 

That familiar voice belongs to none other than Kim Hanbin! I should have known it was him when he scolded his dog. There's this aura coming out from him when his doing it. Or is it just me?

 

 

 

And what the hell is he doing here after that pathetic visit the other day?!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

> > > >FLASHBACK > > > >

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Narrator’s POV

 

 

“oren manee ya.”

 

“eoh. It’s ’oren manee ya’ alright.” Aerin retorted, raising an eyebrow.

 

Hanbin was taken aback by Aerin’s bold comebacks. She somehow seems arrogant after those year. She looks like she changed into someone that Hanbin can’t recognise. Someone that it’s not even a part of her self-definition 3 years ago. And Hanbin can’t help but to ponder if he’s the reason for it.

 

“How have you been” Hanbin stammered. “deo jal ji nae sseo?”

 

Aerin scrutinized Hanbin with the eyes of wanting to afflict unimaginable pain.

 

“ani! I’ve not been living well! I’ve been going through rough times over and over again! And even though I was going through all that I put a freaking big smile on my face! And you know why!? Cause I don’t want people thinking that I will be a damsel in distress! And especially towards you! I thought that I will get over you soon after what you did to me BUT it didn’t happen! I wanted to meet up with you and ask you all those question that was piling but whenever I think about the way you handle my problem back then, I stepped back!”

 

That was what going through Aerin’s head. She wanted to yell all those words towards Hanbin but it didn’t happen. Instead, she showed him a smile. A forced one. Trying to conceal her real feelings. She doesnt want to appear weak infront of him.

 

“I’m living great.” Aerin answered. “How about you?”

 

“Who are you trying to bluff here?”

 

This time round its Hanbin’s turned to raise his eyebrow. He doesn’t know if it’s because he had known Aerin very well before all this, but to him it was obvious she was lying.

 

Aerin on the other hand was surprised with his reply.

 

“How did he know she was lying?!” keeps repeating in her head. But nevertheless, she maintained her composure as she slightly lifted her chin up. Sizing up on him. Not backing out even though she was already caught red handed.

 

“Kim Hanbin!” Aerin nervously responded. “w-w-wae?! I can lie to whoever I want!”

 

It was supposed to come out as a confident statement but Hanbin can’t help but to stifle in his laughter at her lack of confidence as her eyes keeps blinking more then it supposed to.

 

A trait that she has whenever she’s not sure of something.

 

“ahh~ guerae~?” Hanbin acknowledged. “It’s inappropriate and unmannered to lie to someone you’re not acquainted with though.”

 

“What are you talking about? I know you! Uri chingu chana (we’re friends)!” Aerin hastily replied without thinking much. “So don’t go around calling me a girl with no manners!”

 

“We’re friends?” Hanbin asked, acting sceptical.

 

“Yeah!”

 

Once again Aerin replied without hesitation. She thought Hanbin was going to bring her pride down by accusing her of being unmannered child and so on but never did it crosses her mind that Hanbin wanted something else.

 

“Caught.” Hanbin state mentally.

 

“So Chingu-yah~ Want to hang out one of these days~? I mean, we are friends right~?”

 

Hanbin sang, suddenly had a change in demeanor as he draped his arms across Arin’s shoulder naturally.

 

Aerin was utterly in shocked. Her eyes was wide opened like a saucer. Trying her best to interpret what was going on.

 

She then realized Hanbin was at it again!

 

One of the fact Aerin knows of Hanbin is that he constantly has his own ways to get what he wants from her and the saddest part is that she always falls for it no matter how hard she tries not to! Even after those years, she can’t believe she fell for it again!

 

“Get your arms of me you prick!”

 

Aerin demanded annoyingly as she chucked his arms off of her. She then gave Hanbin her deadliest glare that she could master before stomping off away from him.

 

 

 

“3 years had gone and she still looks cute with that glare of hers.” Hanbin chuckled.

 

 

~.~.~.~

 

 

 

Back to present….

 

 

Aerin POV

 

 

"Aerin-ah, what are you doing here all alone?" ask Hanbin surprised. He sounded worried. Or again, is it just me.

 

 

"Just taking in some fresh air. It's too dull staying in the apartment for too long." I answer, trying my best to sound real.

 

 

"ahhh~ Chincha? Your face doesn't looks like it?” ask Hanbin again as he bend down to my eye level, his face moving closer to mine. And within a second, our face are only a few inches apart.

 

 

Why am I suddenly feeling nervous? I feel like I'm suffocating here. How come there's a lack of oxygen?? 

 

 

 

I NEED TO BREATHE!

 

 

I abruptly stand up and dust off imaginary dust from my pants causing Hanbin to flinch backwards in shock that he almost fall.

 

 

"Yah! Why did you stand up so suddenly?! I almost fall!" he shouted.

 

 

"Then why must you move so close to me?!" I shoot back.

 

 

Hanbin scrunch his face.

 

 

"I was just observing your face." he said while looking at Chocky who is trying to get free from his arms.

 

 

And I’m still wondering when did he gets himself a puppy and not to mention the kind of breed that I adore the most.

 

 

And what is up with the name? Why did he name him Chocky? He does not even have a chocolate fur!

 

I glance at Hanbin at the corner of my eyes. He's pouting while playing with Chocky's paws.

 

 

That pout.

 

 

Hahaha. His habit will never change huh? Pouting whenever he’s disappointed and whenever the situation is not in his favour.

 

 

"What are you doing here?" I asked, slightly facing him.

 

 

It can't be, he was taking a jog or a walk, this area is far from his own apartment. 

 

 

Hanbin's eyes suddenly become wide before blinking for a few times. 

 

 

"I... I actually wanted to visit you and ask for your opinions on my new composed lyrics... Uhhh.., but I changed my mind!" explain Hanbin. "So I-"

 

 

"hahah! You need my opinions? The great Kim Hanbin asking me for my opinions? Shouldn't it be the other round instead?" I chuckle.

 

 

"Getting opinions doesn't need to be someone who has the higher stand!" shot Hanbin, pretending to be mad. "and puhlease my lady~ with that ego of yours, I doubt you will be asking me for any opinions?"

 

 

"I'm confident with my own composed songs & lyrics." I reply confidently.

 

 

"tcheh!" Hanbin laugh sarcastically and take a seat on the bench that I had sat earlier on. He then carefully put Chocky down on the floor and the little one lays down beside his leg, snuggling.

 

 

Hanbin then look up at me and motion me with his eyes to sit down beside him.

 

 

"Why should I sit down?" I question him.

 

 

 

For sure I am still not in friendly terms with him! Who does he think he is!? Just because I said I was friends with him WHICH I was fooled by him, he thinks we’re friends again?! PFFT! Not a chance! HMPH!

 

 

 

Hanbin shoots me the -_- face.

 

 

 

"Fine. Then just hear my new composed lyrics while standing up." he sigh and take out a piece of paper.

 

 

At the sight of him taking out the white piece of paper, once again it didn’t take me long to forget my little rant earlier on as I quickly sit down beside him and take a look at the content of the paper but before I was even able to see it, he quickly shift it away from my eyesight.

 

 

I blink my eyes, starring at him.

 

 

"Why can't I take a look at it?" I asked confused. "Didn’t you said you need my opinions?"

 

 

"I did said that, but I didn't said I will let you read it!" he retorted. "I said I will let you HEAR it."

 

 

"ahhh~ I get it. Alright! Tell me then!" I assert impatiently. "Let’s hear it!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[Flashback]

 

 

 

 

 

 

B.I pov

 

 

In the car…

 

 

"Chocky-ah~ should I see her? But what reason should I give??” I scrunched my hair in frustration. "Why should I give her a reason to visit her? We are chinggu chana! She said so herself!" 

 

After much hesitation and debating with myself, I got off from my Audi and sashayed straight towards the lobby. Upon arriving, I pressed the elevator button. 

 

 

The elevator door opened but my legs was still rooted into the ground. Just staring at the empty-open elevator.

 

 

After about a minute, I took a stepped into the elevator and only to end up taking a few steps back away from it. And once again, just stood there in front of the lift like an idiot.

 

I feel like i am an idiot-_-

 

"Why is this so hard?! Is not as if she will beat me up or something? will she??" I asked myself and looked down at Chocky who in return gave me a pathetic look.

 

 

Thanks Chocky. That’s a great way to cheer your master.

 

 

After like about 15 minutes trolling around the lobby, which had me going nuts!, I decided to retreat back and went for a walk near the area.

 

 

Yeah, I know. You guys will say, "what kind of a man are you?!” Well alright, let's face it, I'm this kind of man! And I’m not proud of it.

 

 

I then decided to stroll around the park near here and take a sit somewhere but as I was walking, that's when I saw Aerin sitting all alone with a depressed expression. Watching her, I felt that it's better to see her getting mad or putting on her cold upfront face rather than her sad expression.

 

 

What is she thinking about? Should I just walk towards her?

 

 

I wonder if she is thinking about that blonde dude? Is she having problems? Does that tall-blonde dude did something bad to her that’s why she’s sitting here all alone!?

 

 

Before I was able to take any considerations, Chocky had already sped off towards Aerin. 

 

 

 

[End of flashback]

 

 

 

 

 

And so people! That is how the great Kim Hanbin is now stuck with a blank paper in hand and need to think of some lyrics fast!

 

 

AISH! What have I done! I should have think of a better reason earlier on! Pabo!

 

 

"Yah! Aren't you gonna start?" asked Aerin.

 

"Oh yeah! Just warming up." I reply, trying not to panic as I turn around and face Aerin. 

 

 

As my eyes meets Aerin's face my mind suddenly become blank and a few words started to form inside my head.

 

 

I blink my eyes and starts to speak a few words which gradually turns into lyrics as i bore into her eyes.

 

 

 

Somehow the lyrics ends up to be the words that I've ever wanted to tell her back then but just didn't have the courage to.

 

 

 

"Following my fretful footsteps at sunset

 

I ends up wandering in front of your house

 

At that point, I saw you coming from far away

 

As If I committed a sin, I hid as I watched you

 

How did we come to love and ended up avoiding one another?

 

How did we become no better than strangers that we can't ever see each other again?

 

 

I'm sorry for loving you back then

And not protecting our love and friendship till the end

 

 

If only I protected you by your side as a friend

Then I would've seen you forever

 

 

Why did you lost so much weight?

It feels like its my fault

 

 

If I call out, it feels like you'll come running to me as always

 

So I almost called out your name

 

 

 

And if you had met someone new

Even though my heart would ache,

 

it would be easier for me to turn around

 

 

 

Thank you for loving me even for a moment

 

 

‘I was happy when I was beside you always’

 

 

Because a chance to tell you this did not come again

 

Even when we were falling apart,

 

like a fool,

 

I didn't know what you meant right then

 

&

 

I didn't Know what you meant to me back then..."

 

 

 

~.~.~.~

 

 

 

 

SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT & UPVOTE!! ^^


& to those who had commented and subscribed,

THANK YOU! :)

&& If you have not realized yet, this story is written by 2 different Authors!

That is why sometimes we update late, to fit in our schedule(:

But Anyways! GOMAWO~! 

Have an awesome day ahead~~! ^^

 

Author: AlynaChoi