Never Say Goodbye

Shots-Of-Scenes
 

Never Say Goodbye

 

[At The Airport, 8 a.m]

 

“Sya, are you sure you don’t want to tell him?” Aerin asked Sasya with her teary eyes threatening to fall.

 

“nah it’s alright, it’s not necessary…” Sasya answered, forcing a smile on her face. “and why are you crying? Uljima~ (Don’t cry) Aerin-ah~” Sasya tried to cooed Aerin whose tears had fallen as she pulled her into a warm hug.

 

“Who’s crying? I’m not crying. Dust got into my eyes…” Aerin sobbed her way through the words.

 

Sasya smiled lovingly as she stare at her childhood slash best friend who was trying to suppressed her sobs. These two ladies might be of the same age, but when it comes to sad situation, Aerin is the one who will have a fountain-crying marathon if she is put in a miserable state. And now that her best friend is flying off in a few minutes time, there is no doubt that she's feeling like she is about to get abandon alone.

 

“You will be fine chingu-yah~ I will be back by the time you know it. So stay healthy and take care of yourself alright? I will miss you Aerin-ah~”

 

Sasya then bid her last farewell before proceeding towards the departure entrance. She was feeling a mixture of feelings as she enters the airplane, but she knew that she have to overcome this. its for her own benefits.

 

 

[Later on that afternoon…]

 

B.I and Bobby went out of the lift and was about to enter their dorm when a small figure crouching down outside their neighbor door catches their attention.

 

B.I scrutinized his eyes towards the living creature, it seems to him the girl crouching with a solemn face plastered on her face is none other than his so called future-girlfriend, Aerin.

 

Bobby too realizes who it was. He then nudge B.I to approach her.

 

“Aerin?”

 

B.I called out to her as he moved towards Aerin, his eyes trying to see her face. He then slowly squad down in front of her and gently caress her cheeks.

 

She’s been crying, he thought.

 

“uljima… what happened?” B.I softly spoke at the same time his tone sounded as if he’s trying to comfort her.

 

B.I's question made Bobby feel cautious. He doesn’t know why, but as he stare at Aerin, he suddenly felt as if something is not right and that he felt as if something is bound to happen that it’s not gonna favour him.

 

His pupils suddenly scanned the surrounding, he doesn’t know why but it felt as if something is amiss.

 

Bobby then courageously walked up towards Aerin and asked her a question.

 

A question that he never thought going to be answered with something that never crosses his mind before.

 

“Aerin-ah… Where is Sasya?”

 

“She’s gone…” Aerin sobbed as she answered him. “she had already fly off”

 

 

 

Sasya’s POV

Upon sitting for too long, the ache my muscles experiencing now was extremely unbearable that it takes me a few minutes to compose myself before standing upright.

 At last, after hours and hours of dealing with continuous ear blocks from the long hours of flight, I finally get to breathe the fresh air of the United States.

After the administrative matters settled, I flagged a cab to get to my designated location. It was supposedly going to be a long ride, but the cab driver sure was a F1 driver as we managed to reach in less than 15 minutes.

 

I stepped inside into a small room, dragging my luggage at the same time.

 

The room sure is small, but the smell of fresh cotton made the room feel cozy even with the limited amount of space.

 

I scanned the room as she swirled around at the same spot. It's not as big as her apartment with Aerin's but the room sure suits her taste in the personal space category.

 

My eyes then shifted towards the warm cozy double bed fixated at the end center of the room.

 

The bed was as if calling for my attention and before i knew it, i run towards the bed and make a jump before landing flat on my back. My lethargic body was enjoying the comfort sensation of the bed when something hard seemed to be hurting my back.

I removed my bag pack and ped it before taking out a rectangular notebook.

A notebook which i know so well of.

Flipping through the pages, after pages, it was like reading back about the memories of all the lyrics that I tried to composed from the very first day I got accepted in YG back then.

All the pages had at least marks on it, evidences of me trying to come up with lyrics.

I was excitedly going through all of the pages, reading some my creations, before realizing i am already at the last page.

 

Narrator pov

 

The last page that holds her true feelings of what she's currently feeling.

 

Feelings that she could only able to express through the sentences that she created.

 

Sentences that maybe just maybe... will be her last creation...

 

 

Since I was a little girl I knew what I wanted
One day I would see the world and make my mark on it
Put in time, sacrificed never thought of thinking twice
Since I was a little girl I dreamed
Now I'm standing alone in this terminal
With a ticket so far from your love

Planes waiting up for me right at gate twenty-three
There's a doorway to my dreams
I could go or I could stay
Should I change my life or miss my flight?

My alarm clock in the morning said you got to go now
The breakfast you were calling and my heart just broke down
Cause tomorrow we will be waking up separately
Wish I never heard that clock ring
See I don't want to win if my hearts got to lose
So how in the world do I choose?

 

 

 

Bobby’s POV

 

I sauntered my way to a bench nearby a park before taking a seat on one of the benches.

I was over loomed with all the negative emotions and it got me sinking deeply into melancholy. I'm in distressed and i have no idea how to fix this. Sasya's action on flying off away without even saying a proper goodbye left me hanging by the thread. to be honest, speechless even. How could she even do that? Aren't' we friends? Just what kind of relationship are we in that she cant even say goodbye?!

 

Out of a sudden, a little boy aged around 6 years old ran towards me before shoving a can of coke right in front of my face.

 

"Hyung, can you help me to open up?" he requested with his tiny-high pitch voice.

 

I did a weak smile before opening up the lid for him when something my mind like a bolt of lightning.

 

The day when me and Sasya took the first step to becoming close friends.

 

Of course, that memory is still fresh inside his mind.

 

I grinned while recalling about her panic-stricken moments. It was something I wish I could see again as it was the cutest thing that I had ever seen. 

 

"Komawo hyung!" the boy thanked him before running off.

 

I kept sighing in sorrow as flashbacks of me being with her came gushing into my head. Her honest confession during the shooting of the music video was enough to make me the happiest man alive. Even if it was scripted, it doesn't matter cause it's coming out from her own mouth. Although the shirt incident does not seemed like a date to her, I'm thankful enough that she at least accepted me as her friend.

 

"Haiz.. i could not believe all of that have to come to an end when it was just getting started..."

 

It seems like the lunch she offered to eat with me during her birthday have double meaning huh?

 

Haiz... what kind of a devastating moment is this for me? Without warning it hits me like a bullet piercing inside me.

 

All of a sudden, my eyes accidentally laid eyes on a loving couple. Just by looking at them it's like adding salt onto the wounds. Specifically, my mentally bleeding wounds.

 

when will she return?

 

Will she ever return?

 

Or was this a forever goodbye?

 

Haiz... I am sure going to miss those hazelnut eyes, her glowing mahogany curls, her irresistible dimples and her saccharine sweet lips that was so tempting to make my lips to be in contact with it. I wonder if I could see all of that again.

 

It seems like its all now depends on fate huh? Then let's see if fate will be in my favour or not...

 

I was about to make a move when the same kid came to me and this time he gave a chocolate bar. 

 

"Hyung, cheer up!" he exclaimed with a big smile on his face and then off he go, running back to his mum.

 

Even the kid noticed my sadness? Haiz...what do you know, Hershey chocolate. Sasya's favourite. I kept staring at the Hershey chocolate picturing her beautiful features. I don't even get to say a proper goodbye...

 

 

[4 a.m, IKon's Dorm]

 

 B.I had just ended a call with Aerin in the living room. He yawned loudly as he lazily walked towards his bedroom that he shares with his Bobby hyung and Junhoe. He enters the room and was about to plop himself to sleep when Bobby's sleeping figure on their studying table caught his attention. The table lamp was on and it seems like Bobby had fallen asleep while doing something. B.I moved towards his Bobby hyung and peeked at what it seems to be a paper on the table just right beside his head. with much care and being quite, B.I pick the paper up before reading the contents.

 

B.I lips curved into a genuine smile as he read what was written on that piece of paper. It appears to be likely lyrics, written by Bobby.

 

 

Never ever seen somebody like you
Got my mystified, hypnotized, paralyzed
And the way you move, should be against the rules
Cause when you look my way, I just lose my cool

Even though we're just acquainted
You're way too hard to ignore
Baby it's like our love is faded
For you I would start a war

What if I had the courage to say hello?
What if I told you, you were beautiful? (what if what if)
What if you felt the same way about me too?
And we took a chance on me and you
Oh what if?

When it comes to you I don't know what I should do
Yeah you're in my mind, all the time
I realize, the fire in your eyes helps me see the light
And now that you are gone
It's like I'm abandoned

Even though we're just acquainted 
You're way too hard to ignore 
Baby it's like our love is faded 
For you I would start a war

What if I had the courage to say hello?
What if I told you, you were beautiful?
What if you felt the same way about me too?
And we took a chance on me and you
Oh what if?

Na na na~

Oh, what if, if I gave you my all?
Would you lend me a piece of your heart?
No matter how small I would cherish that one special part.
Asking what if, what if?

 

 

Credits (lyrics): Jojo - Fly Away

Jason Chen - What If

 

Author: FIQAH_BB AlynaChoi