The Diary

101 Reason To Fall for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
" "I thought I understand Hyung but in fact I don't....I didn't even know all these while he is living his life in regret..."   Is had been a week since Min Soo left, but Min Ho never forgets about what he had promised his brother, Min Soo - to find her. Min Ho is at the study room with three middle-aged men. They were all in suit. He massaged his nape before he starts speaking, "I don't care how and where. I want what I need to know...." said Min Ho.    One of the man steps forward and the remaining two remained with their head down. "Sir, we will try our best. But is difficult because you don't even have a name for us a-and....." said the private investigator. 

Min Ho cuts in and in a stern voice, "If I have the name myself, I would have got her now. Why do I need to hire you and your team? Your company claimed to be the best private investigation in Seoul, in that case, prove it to me that hiring you and your team is worth my money. Don't give me any more reason. A week."

Before the man tries to speak, Min Ho stops him and says, "Just find her..."

When the investigators left the room, Min Ho takes the photo frame on his table. A picture of him and Min Soo. That was their only picture together after grown up. He chuckled, "If not because of you insisted this picture, I guess I won't have this." Then, stream of tears flow down his cheeks. "H-Hyung....I m-miss you........" 

~~~

The Past ~~

24 May 2006

"Omma, how are you today?" asked Min Ho. He holds back his tears when he saw his mother lying lifelessly on the hospital bed. Looking at her in coma, his heart ached. He wished he was the one on the bed than his mother, Kim Hee-Ai. He moved his hands to hers and gently massaged her. "Omma. You had been sleeping all the time, is good to move your hand and finger. For blood circulation...." 

Min Soo saw Min Ho, he went beside him and placed his hand on his shoulder, "Min Ho-ah.." 

"Hyung, you're here? I thought you couldn't make it today?" asked Min Ho. 

Min Soo just smiles, "I won't just leave you here alone. Is our job to look after Omma." 

~~~

24 February 2007

"I had already decided." said Min Ho and Min Soo's father, Lee Suk Joon. 

"B-But----" Min Ho tries to says something but then was interrupted by their father. 

"Don't worry about us. I will bring Omma to US. I will get a private nurse along as well. Both of you just stay put here and look after the company.  Remember next week is the meeting with Mr. Shigeo Kodaka, our Japanese client, make sure we can get the deal. Arraso." Their father assures them that he will be alright to bring their mother to US to seek for Doctor Neo for the new medication and treatment. He is more worries of them than themselves, although they are in their 20s, but they still lack of experience in business. 

~~~

4 March 2007

"Omma...Appa, we will be there in 2 weeks time. Give us a call when you landed. Please take care." Min Soo and Min Ho both waved goodbye to their father. Lee Suk Joon just nods his head then he pushed the wheel chair which Hee-Ai is on it to the departure entrance. 

"Appa. Take care. Don't worry about us. We will look after ourselves and the company." Min Ho rushes to the entrance and said his goodbye again to his parents. 

~~~

"Breaking news - Air France Airline plane AF456 crashed into Atlantic Ocean, killing all 320 passengers, aircrew and cabin crew aboard the aircraft"

Min Ho and Min Soo were in shocked when they heard the news on the car radio.

"Min Ho. A-AF456. A-Are they saying A-AF 456? The p-plane that---------"  

"Appa and Omma's plane...." Min Ho continues his sentences. 

Both looked at each other, speechless. 

~~~

"Appa. Omma. Rest in peace. Don't worry about us. I will look after us, after Min Soo and the company." said Min Ho while looking at Min Soo who is sobbing at the side. Although Min Soo is the eldest but he is more like a dongsaeng than a Hyung. Compared to Min Ho, he is more matured, more firm and more rational. He pats the back of Min Soo to comfort him. Then, he squatted next to the tomb of his parents, placing a bouquet of water-lilies on their tomb. "We will miss you...."

~~~

"Min Ho-ah. What did Secretary Kim was talking? Cost effective. I thought we had been always cost effective by using the current method. What other method to used to improve the cost? About the proposal, I couldn't get a thing he just said." said Min Soo. He is feeling frustrated when he couldn't really understand Secretary Kim was talking.

"Hyung....." Min Ho understands his frustration.

Min Soo then looks at Min Ho, "Min Ho, why don't you take over this task.I'm sure you can do a good job. Alright. Set. I will inform Secretary Kim to look for you." Min Ho just looks at his brother with his jaws opened, he couldn't say no and at the same time is too late to say no. 

~~~

"Min Ho. As always. You will never fail me. Good job." said Min Soo. He is happy when he read about the proposal prepared by Min Ho. He passed to Secretary Kim. "What do you think?" 

After reading the proposal, Secretary Kim looks up and says, "President Lee, this proposal is really good, should we proceed?" 

"Yes. Min Ho will be the person in charge for this project. Secretary Kim, please give your full support to Min Ho." said Min Soo. 

~~~

Just a month later, Min Soo made a decision. He decided to quit his resignation as President and make Min Ho the President. 

"Secretary Kim. I will quit as President and Min Ho will be taking over my position. Prepare the necessary documents by next Monday." said Min Soo. 

"Neh, Lee-Sajangnim." Secretary Kim replied with a bow. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter