A Small Part of the Past

Really? She is the one who broke you?
A Small Part of the Past
13 Years Ago.
 
‘How am I going to tell her? How is she going to react?’ Onyx was busy thinking to herself, she did not see the group of students in front of her. Right before Onyx could crash into the students; a hand reached out and pulled her to the opposite direction.
“Onyx, hasn’t anyone told you that you can’t think and walk at the same time?” The hand’s owner reminded Onyx. “Of course Hyoyeon, I think it was this annoying brunette who won’t stop bugging me.” Onyx replied with a childish smirk. “And the nerd has jokes!” Hyoyeon joked as she pulled Onyx into a tight hug. As the two continued on in their own world, they failed to notice the group of girls approaching.
“Hyoyeon leave the nerd alone and come over, we have to talk.” Yuri called out; bring both the girls back to reality. Hyoyeon knew that the way Yuri called Onyx wasn’t in the friendly way she would call Onyx, and the fact that all eight girls were standing there she knew that she had two options. Go over to the girls and leave Onyx or ignore the girls.
“Go. You shouldn’t keep them waiting. I don’t want to be the reason y’all fight, again.” Onyx whispered to Hyoyeon while she pushed her in their direction.
“But...but...fine. Meet me after school, okay. And if anything happens come to me. Promise?” Hyoyeon held out her pinky finger, waiting for Onyx to pinky promise. As Onyx made the promise, Hyoyeon continued on. “See you later Nerd.” Hyoyeon smiled and gave Onyx a tight hug. Hyoyeon barely heard Onyx’s response as she headed over to her crew.
 
4th Period, AP Math Grade 7
 
As the teacher was going on about factorials and equations, an office assistant walked into the class and handed the teacher a note.
“It seems to be your lucky day Onyx. You’re needed in the office.” The teacher handed the note over to Onyx as she made her way to the door.
“Miss, does this mean that we are finally getting rid of that loser?” One of the boys joked, causing all the students to laugh.
The last thing Onyx heard before she closed the door was the teacher telling the students to be quiet.
 
Office
 
“It is so sad to see you go. As our top student, seeing you transfer out is very sad. But we understand why you have to go; I hope all turns out well.” The Dean of the Academy handed Onyx’s records to Mr. S. “Yes, thank you; and we apologize for withdrawing her in the middle of the school year but as you know we have to move.” Mr. S said as they get ready to leave. “Of course Mr. S. But before you go Onyx, would you like to say bye to anyone?” Onyx shook her head no, and the family left the school.
‘I guess I never got to find out how my Hero would react to me leaving.’ Onyx sadly thought as the family car headed to the airport.