Fan

Really? She is the one who broke you?
Fan
Onyx’s POV
 
“You mean to tell me that four of the board of directors quit? Why?” Onyx asked Aaron over the phone. As she signaled Shishido to follow her, both girls made their way to Onyx’s car. “Those bastards! Look, I’m going to drop Shishido off at the hotel and then I will make my way to the company.” Onyx helped Shishido put their things into her car. “Yeah she is with me. We just got here; we are putting our bags in my car.” Onyx unlocked the car so that Shishido could get in while she stayed outside to finish the conversation. “Fine, I’ll wait for you at the hotel.” She took a deep breath before she went inside her car. “Everything okay?” Shishido asked her. “Yeah, just trouble with some board of directors.” Onyx let out a small laugh but quickly changed the topic, “Do you want to get something to eat?” Shishido just laughed at her friend, but nodded yes.
 
Once the girls left the airport, they found a restaurant and ordered to go since Aaron was going to go to the hotel room. When they arrived to Onyx’s room both of them got comfortable on the bed, and started to eat. They were both about to finish their food when Aaron walked in with Youngji and Hyoyeon in tow. “You’re alive!” Aaron shouted, but he stopped midway because of what he saw. Onyx was back hugging Shishido, while both of them were on the bed watching TV and eating. “It looks like we are interrupting something, so ladies why don’t we come back later.” Aaron quickly recovered and tried to stop the girls from walking into the room, but he was too late. Youngji gave Onyx a questioning glance, while Hyoyeon looked down at her feet. Onyx laughed and patted the space next to them, signaling the trio to sit down. “We got you some food, might not be enough for three, but we could order some more; I think it might have gotten cold though. What took you so long? Not that I mind but why are y’all here?” Aaron and Youngji sat on the bed while Hyoyeon choose to sit on the desk chair. “What? I can’t visit my cousin after she comes back?” Youngji joked but she didn’t know how to act. Everyone laughed but it quickly calmed down, and the room went silent except for the TV noise in the background. “Alright, so why don’t I introduce you guys. This is Yuma Shishido,” Onyx pointed to Shishido, “you know Aaron of course,” a simple nod was exchanged, “this is my butterfly, Youngji,” she pointed at Youngji. “Hello.” “And lastly, that is Hyoyeon.” Onyx pointed to Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon looked up and shyly greeted Shishido. Shishido just smiled and waved. Aaron, being the first one to speak up, went straight to the point. “Why are you two sitting like this?” They looked at each other like nothing was wrong with Shishido spoke up. “Oh! This must look weird for you guys. But nothing is going on between us, promise. Not that I wouldn’t want to date you Onyx, but I have my man back home and you have your Hero. Who by the way I want to meet her while I’m here can’t just have some random girl be with you, can we?” Shishido quickly explained, while she turned around to face Onyx and pat her cheek like if Onyx was a child. Onyx nodded in agreement, and quickly sat straight. “Wait, I thought you like liked Onyx?” Aaron cautiously asked Shishido. Shishido and Onyx both laughed at this but Shishido explained, “Oh no! First of all she is too young for me,” “You are not that old.” Onyx interrupted. Shishido just ignored her with an eye roll and a dismissive wave, “plus we see each other to much like family, sisters from another mother. Just sisterly love right Onyx.” Onyx just agreed and stole the last dumpling off of Shishido’s plate. Aaron was carefully planning his next question before he asked, “Then why are you so flirty with her?” This time Onyx answered, “That was to make her crush jealous. Which it worked, might I add.” “So you two have nothing going on?” Youngji asked. “Nope. Why? Did y’all think something was going on?” Onyx questioned the cousins. Youngji quickly gave Aaron a few swats on the arm before answering. “Aaron told us you two had a thing going on. We were worried that it would ruin our plan to get you and Hyoyeon together.” At this the room really did become silent. Aaron glared at Youngji for spilling the beans, Youngji blanked in shock from saying that, and Hyoyeon looked up with bright red cheeks from embarrassment. “Why would you do that? The plan is to find her Hero.” Shishido asked confused. Onyx timidly responded to her, “Hyoyeon is my Hero.” Shishido looked between Onyx and Hyoyeon, before she stood up from the bed and pulled Onyx up with her. “We will be right back; we need to have a private conversation.” Before Onyx or the trio could object, Shishido was dragging Onyx out of the room. As the door closed behind the duo, Hyoyeon spoke for the first time; “What was that about?”
Shishido dragged Onyx all the way to the end of the hall before she stopped and turned to face Onyx. “When did you find out?” “I found out the night before I left for Japan.” “How come you didn’t tell me?” “You honestly expected me to talk about my feelings in front of others? You do remember that I am the ‘Ice CEO’, right?” Shishido just let a sigh out and stood against the wall. “What’s the real problem?” Shishido folded her arms and slide down to sit down; she waited for Onyx to do the same before starting. “What if she hurts you? I know you, and if it weren’t for Aaron and Youngji you would be a workaholic with some sort of addiction.” Onyx playfully swatted Shishido’s arm, “You have no faith in me.” “It’s not that, and you know it. After what happened with your father, I just do not want to see you suffer. You just turned 18 and you were already the CEO of a massive company, your mother was in pain, and you lost your father. I may not have known you that year, but when we meet I heard the rumors. And when you started to get close to me, I saw how broken and destroyed you were. For crying out loud, you only slept when you would pass out from exhaustion or from drinking too much!” Shishido could barely finish her rant from all the depressing memories of her picking Onyx up from a private bar or cleaning up paperwork or empty bottles from her loft. Onyx let her friend, no sister, catch her breath before she wrapped her arms around her and whispered; “I am very thankful of you three being in my life and I could never express that in words, it would not be enough. And I know that if you three weren’t in my life I probably wouldn’t be here right now. But I am older now, not by much, but I have grown. She was my rock when I had no one back in school, she was my Hero when I was surrounded by villains, and she would give me her hand when other dragged me down. Shishido, I need that back. I need her back. I know she might not be the same person as before, but I need that rock in my life. And like you had previously told me ‘When are you going to date someone? I really don’t want to be shopping for cat supplies.’” Onyx gave Shishido a tight squeeze before she stood up and held her hand out for Shishido. “I swear if she hurts you I will personally beat her up with my drum set.” Shishido told Onyx as she gave her a reassuring smile and a quick hug. “Don’t worry, I know you will.” Onyx smiled brightly, happy that one of her closest friends was by her side. “Now let’s get back in there before Aaron hurts Youngji for spilling the beans.” Shishido laughed but agreed none the less, “Wait, so what plan do you think they were talking about?” “I’m not sure I want to figure it out, so why don’t we let them play it out and see how it goes?” Both girls just silently agreed and make their way back to their room. 
 

 
Author’s Note: I have decided that this will have 20 chapters and this is 12/20. So I will try to have the remaining eight up within in the following weeks. Once again thank you for reading and any feedback are highly appreciated.
Thank you
-Neon