Dinner

Really? She is the one who broke you?
Dinner
Hyoyeon POV
 
“Thank you for the ride, Youngji. I hope the date goes well!” Hyoyeon called out as she got her bags out of the backseat of Youngji’s car. “No problem, I will see you later.” Youngji waved bye and waited as Hyoyeon went inside her building. ‘Okay, so shopping done, now I just have to clean and start dinner.’ Hyoyeon thought to herself as she made her way up to her floor. Now that Hyoyeon was home, she noticed that Yuri still wasn’t home, so that meant one thing; she had time to kill and she could do what she pleased without Yuri stopping her. So she did the one thing she loves to do when she is alone, she blasted the radio on and started to dance. After killing two hours dancing, Hyoyeon decided to start on her chores. First Hyoyeon put her new clothes in her room and changed into a comfortable outfit, which was an old pair of university sweats and a worn out Michael Jackson Thriller t-shirt. With the stereo still on full blast, Hyoyeon decided to clean the living room first. Pulling a Joel Goodson move, Hyoyeon slide into the living room when the broom and began to clean. An hour later, Hyoyeon was done cleaning the living room, kitchen, and bathrooms, she was about to begin working on her room when Yuri came home. “You know, someone could totally come in here and steal stuff and you wouldn’t even hear a thing.” Yuri told Hyoyeon as she lowered the volume on the stereo and fell on her bed with a huff. “Was it that bad?” Hyoyeon asked Yuri, knowing that her friend must have had a tough time with her parents. “Yeah. Sort of. I mean, it wasn’t that bad. It’s just that tomorrow is going to be an experience.” Yuri hesitated a little bit. “Okay, so why don’t I make something to eat and you tell me what’s up.” Hyoyeon gave Yuri a small pat on her back as she made her way to the kitchen. Following Hyoyeon, Yuri got up and made her way to the table. As Hyoyeon made a simple dinner for the both of them, Yuri just sat there and watched. “Okay, dinner is ready so spill. What happened?” Hyoyeon demanded as she put the final dish on the table. “First tell me this, what are you doing tomorrow afternoon?” Yuri asked Hyoyeon as they both started to eat. Thinking about what she had to do, Hyoyeon replied, “well I was going to practice after lunch, but do you need me to help you with something?” “Yeah; if you don’t mind wasting your time with my family and a stupid dinner plan.” “Um, what kind of stupid dinner plan are we talking about, because I refuse to go there without knowing what I am getting into to. Never again;” recalling a past dinner plan, Hyoyeon made a face at the memory. Laughing at the memory, Yuri continued on, “no, this isn’t going to be like last time, I promise; it’s just going to be my parents, me, you, and the daughter of my parent’s best friends. Remember that kid I always told you was a loser and my parents always tried to make us become friends.” “Yeah, I remember one or two girls you used to bully.” Hyoyeon was still disappointed that her friend used to bully people. “Look that was in the past okay. Plus it’s not like this girl said anything to anybody.” “I’m sure you scared the courage out of the girl.” “That is beside the point, tomorrow she is going to be coming over to my parents’ house to have dinner, and since my brother is off God knows where, I need someone there to make it more bearable. I’m sure that loser hasn’t changed, and I do not want to be stuck there alone. Please come with me! I promise I will do whatever you want me to do!” Yuri begged Hyoyeon with puppy dog eyes and the baby voice. “Okay, okay. Just shut up. I will only go if you do the kitchen chores for a month, and you stop calling her loser.” “Yes! Thank you!” Yuri happily cheered as she got out of her seat and gave Hyoyeon a hug. Once Yuri calmed down Hyoyeon asked the serious questions, “so why is she coming over for dinner?” “My mom didn’t say much, but she said that that los…I mean girl is here in Seoul and she contacted them. Apparently she wants to clear up some business that her parents and my parents had unfinished.” “Ah, okay. So which one of your ‘victims’ was it again?” “You make it seem like I still bully people, which I don’t for your information. Anyway, she was that girl with those big glasses and she always went to my house when her parents went to my house, she also went to our school. I forgot her name, but you used to call her nerd.” At the last part Hyoyeon dropped her fork and slowly looked at Yuri. “Nerd? As in my nerd?” “Yeah, that one.” SMACK! “Why didn’t you say this first?” Hyoyeon nearly screamed. Rubbing her arm, Yuri looked at Hyoyeon with a knowing glare. “This is why! I didn’t want you to get your hopes up and think that she even cares for you. She might not even remember who you are. I mean she left without even telling you.”  After Hyoyeon smacked Yuri again for talking that way about her nerd, also ignoring the last part, she had to say one more thing. “Okay, fine. I won’t go in there thinking that she cares or that she even remembers me, but you have to promise me that you will play nice. She was a very shy person.” Stopping for a moment to think about her nerd, Hyoyeon continued on, “you know, I knew you used to bully her but didn’t say anything because I thought you would change over time.” “You knew? Wait, so this meant that you only pretended to care for her just to make up for my behavior? HA! That loser really didn’t have any friends.” Giving Yuri a hard glare, Hyoyeon felt like telling Yuri the real reason of why she was her nerd’s friend, just so she could shut Yuri up. “Sure let’s go with that, look you have to be nice. So stop talking trash. Now clean up the table and the kitchen, your month starts now. I am going to shower then hit the bed. Yoona wants me to help make a special breakfast for Sooyoung in the morning, so I will be leaving early. Then I will head over to the company for a few hours of practice. What time do you need me to be ready for dinner?” “I want to leave the house at five thirty.” Giving Yuri a nod of understanding Hyoyeon stood up and gave her a hug and said good night before she headed off to her room. Lying in bed after she showered, Hyoyeon started to think back about her nerd. ‘I can’t believe I am going to see you after 13 years. Maybe I can now find out why you just left me.’ Hyoyeon slowly then started to drift off into dreamland where she dreamt of all the good times her and her nerd had together as children.
 
Sunday, Four Thirty PM
 
Hyoyeon ran inside thinking that she was late. “Yuri I’m sorry, I got caught up at the studio. But I will be ready in thirty minutes. Promise.” Hyoyeon quickly spilled it out, as she rushed past Yuri to go shower. In her hurry she didn’t hear Yuri telling her that she was fine.
 
Thirty-Five Minutes Later
 
“Okay let’s go.” Hyoyeon walked out of her room in a beautiful green and black dress, makeup done, and hair in an elegant up do. Walking out of her room with her coat and purse, Hyoyeon was ready for tonight. “You look gorgeous as always, but you didn’t have to rush. It’s only five after five.” Hyoyeon felt so stupid for rushing herself. “Okay then. In that case you are going to help me clean up my makeup and properly do my hair.” At that both girls laughed, but still both went into the restroom.
 
Yuri’s Parents House, Six o’clock
 
“Hello Yuri and Hyoyeon. Your parents and their guest are in the dining room.” The house maid informed the girls as they walked inside. “Thank you,” Hyoyeon answered for Yuri since she was too busy wondering if that loser was the owner of the Rolls-Royce that was outside. As the girls walked to the dining room, they heard laughter but it stopped when they walked inside. “Yuri, you are finally here. Hurry over and come say hello to Onyx. You remember Onyx, correct.” Yuri’s mother stood up and signed her to hurry up. As Onyx stood up, all three girls stood shock. Recovering faster than Yuri, Hyoyeon shoved Yuri’s side, which brought her out of her shocked state. “Hello, Miss Kwon. I was not expecting to see you here.” Onyx smoothly recovered and shook both of their hands. “You have already cross path with Yuri?” Yuri’s mother asked as they all took their seats and the maids started to bring in the food. “Yes Mrs. Kwon, both Yuri and Hyoyeon are signed artist under my Korean entertainment company.” Onyx answered with the same manner she would talk in the company, professional and distant. “That is excellent! Then that means you three will be like the friends that you were in the good old days.” Yuri’s father commented. “What do you mean, sir?” Onyx questioned. “You don’t remember? These two have been friends since they were toddlers,” he pointed to Yuri and Hyoyeon, “while the three of you went to the same middle school. That was until you and your parents left.” At this point, Onyx broke her CEO Façade. “That means that you were my Hero?” Onyx slowly and cautiously asked Hyoyeon. Yuri’s parents were confused about the question, Yuri was still shocked about how Onyx had turned out, and Hyoyeon was surprised that she asked that. ‘She remembers!’ “Yes.”
 
 

 

Authors Note: Hello readers, finally I update on a date that I'm actually supposed to update on. Yay! Anyway, I got carried away and wrote more than usual, but I hope y'all enjoy it. For those who do not know, Joel Goodson is a character played by Tom Cruise in the movie Risky Business. (YouTube Link –> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2UVsyVLLcE ) Once again thank you for reading and any feedback given are highly appreciated.
Thank you.
-Neon