Chapter 8

Melody of my Life

I was greeted by the other maids and I handed them Fusty and told me where Ajhumma Shin is.

“Ajhumma Shin!” I hugged her, I missed Omma and Appa they’re always busy with business. I hope they’re taking good care of their health.

“Ah Ryemin-ah. You should’ve called that you’re coming.” Ajhumma Shin is cooking, ahh my stomach loves the smell.

“I’ll be here till tomorrow Ajhumma Shin. Oppa said he’ll also drop by tomorrow.”

“Arasso, go wash up first. I’ll call you if the food is ready.”

“Dae!” I walked towards my room and lie down in my bed. Ah if there’s no school work to be passed, I’ll be sleeping whole day tomorrow. I finished washing up when Ajhumma  Shin calls me to eat.

“Why there’s only one plate? You guys will not eat with me?” I asked them and I walked towards the kitchen to gather plates.

“There, come let’s eat!” the other maid looked surprised but Ajhumma Shin smiled at me.

Ahh I’m so full, I’m ready to face those school works!

*knock knock*

I stirred up in my bed; the sunlight showered its brightness.

“Ms. Ryemin, your Oppa is here. He said that breakfast is ready and he will wait to you downstairs.” The maid said behind the door.

“Dae, I’ll be down in a minute” I took a bath to freshen up my senses. I think I’ve finished all the drawing plates around 2 in the morning and it’s just 8, 6 hours of sleep wow. I walked down and saw oppa reading the newspaper.

“Morning Dr. Park” I teased oppa as I seat unto the dining.

“Morning Architect Park” he smiled and put the newspaper aside.

We ate breakfast together with Ajhumma Shin and the other maids. As we finished me and oppa are in the living room watching some variety show.

“Oppa, don’t be mad at me if you feel that I am interfering in your life but, don’t you like sunny unnie? Not like like but you know like like?” I hope oppa got my point there. It’s like he is too busy in the hospital and don’t have time for himself.

Oppa looked at me and I see nothing in his eyes its blank but then “I like her.”

“You what?”

“I like her. Since the first time I laid my eyes on her. She made my world stop back then but she went to America when I was planning to court her and when they gave you that surprise party I saw her again and the same feeling comes back running.” I never knew this side of my brother, though I realized that she never ever told me that she was courting someone and for what Siwon oppa said Hyejin oppa is too busy to look for females even the nurses.

“Why don’t you try to ask her out now?” I asked full of eagerness hoping he would court Sunny unnie. I really like her for oppa.

“Time. Time is the prime factor why I couldn’t.” Oppa said and I noticed the look in his eyes.

“If that’s your reason then, remember that time goes by so fast, people go in and our life. So never miss an opportunity to tell people how much they mean to you.” I said seariously but Oppa just ruffled my hair. “Arasso, did you have relationship back then huh?”  “Ani!” I beamed my smile.

If I know that you’ll be going out of my life that fast I should’ve never waste the time that I could’ve said I love you.

*Ring ring*

Calling: Car owner

Waah otteoke I should answer this call, oppa should not hear this. I walked to the kitchen saying I have to drink water.

Me:Yeoboseyo?

CO(Car owner): Dae, Yeboseyo. Are you the one who left note in my car?

Me: Yeah, I’m really sorry about what happen in your car. If you want, we can meet up to discuss about the bills. I’m really sorry it’s just that it’s an accident. Please don’t bring me to the police. Please.

CO: Arasso, meet me in Shindae Café 1 pm. Do you know where it is?

Me: Yes. I know where it is. I’ll be there.

I walked back to the living room and sat on the couch beside oppa where Fusty is sleeping.

“Who is it?” Oppa asked

“Oh one of my blockmate, asking what the home works are.” I smiled. Oppa should not know that I bumped a car if he knew I’m sure he wouldn’t allow me to drive again. We return in watching television and didn’t notice the time till Ajhumma Shin called us for lunch. Oh! I run towards my room and change clothes to head to that café. I picked my bag and run to the door.

“Where are you going Minnie?” I heard oppa asked.

“I’m going out to meet a friend.” I shouted while putting on my shoes.

“After that you’re not coming back here?” Oppa said as he walked towards me.

“Dae, I’m heading to your house after since it’s Monday tomorrow.”

“Okay, here bring your car then.” He gave me the keys. “Be careful driving ok?”

“Yeah! I’ll go ahead Oppa. Ajhumma Shin! I’m going!” I shouted. “Fusty, Annyeong”

I drove to the café and parked my car. As I enter I dialed the Car owner’s number. She answered saying she’s one the corner table. I saw her. Her resemblance a person I think I knew.

“Excuse me Miss” she turns to face me and I’m right I’ve seen her before.

“Ice Cat Lady!”

“Weird Violin Girl!”

(Less the heart)

Wow, if faith is playing. He really knew how to play. I hope this conversation doesn’t end up with nothing.

“Ok. We started at the wrong foot. Hello, I’m Park Ryemin, nice to meet you.” I bow and seated in front of her.

“Jessica Jung.” Her glare makes me want to run and just go to the police and file my own crime that I bumped her car.


Hey :)

what do you guys think?

sorry if i keep on putting pictures its just that i hope it helps you upon reading the story:)

Comments are appreciated :)