Chapter 14

Melody of my Life

“SICA!”

Ryemin run quickly and pulled Jessica out of the way. The latter was shocked by the sudden force that grabbed her only to realize that she was almost hit by a car. Ryemin has her right hand around Jessica and let go only to realize that she was hugging Jessica.

“Sorry. Gwenchana?” Ryemin held Jessica’s shoulder and checked if she was fine.

“Gaja Princess! You’ll be late if we don’t move” Ryemin held Jessica’s hand and started walking to the latter’s class not forgetting to give smile to the people who greet them. Ryemin was walking ahead followed by Jessica but their hands were still linked to each other.

She saved me. I don’t know what to say. Just simply say thank you Sooyeon! Treat her lunch or dinner later! Give her gift? And don’t ignore her!

“Aww!” Jessica bumped into Ryemins back.

“Yah why did we stop?”  Jessica asked Ryemin with scrunched nose.  The latter can’t help but to pinch Jessica’s nose.

“Pabo! You have this class right? Ppali! Get inside!” Ryemin released Jessica’s hand but Sica held it tighter.

“Gomawayo. For  earlier” Jessica suddenly find her shoes interesting after saying those things.

Ryemin chuckled in Jessica’s action and ruffles the latter’s hair before heading to the faculty room.

“Let’s eat later after class araji?!” Ryemin waved and run to the faculty room.

Earlier you called me princess and now pabo? If I’m the princess then who’s my knight?

2 subjects had passed and Jessica has her head in the table. The professor, Mr. Moon, is having his usual attendance check.

“Ms. Jung?” Jessica didn’t heard her name being called and decided to count til Ryemin would enter the class

“Hana , Deul, Set, Net …”

“Daseot, Yeoseot spacing out Ms. Jung?”  The others can’t help but laugh at the antics of their professor since Mr. Park walked towards Jessica’s table and sat beside her and counted.

“Oh! Aniyo Mr. Moon” Jessica was startled she doesn’t notice that their professor was beside her.

“Seem like you’re at it. Is it because someone isn’t here?”  Mr. Moon grin as the class started teasing Jessica.

“OK! So for today…..”

Jessica went back in laying her head in her desk and closed her eyes not fully paying attention to what is being discussed.

This crazy violin girl. Are you still in the faculty? Is it that important that you choose to skip this class? Aish! Or maybe you’re with that guy huh?

Ryemin explained to Mr. Moon why she was late and seated next to Jessica and copied what the girl was doing.  Ryemin stared at the resting Sica, and poked her cheeks. Ryemin smiled when the princess opened her eyes.

Jessica sat in front of Yuri since the two shikshin (Sooyoung and Ryemin) run and ordered food saying they may die to hunger.

“He’s also here” Yuri mentioned while fixing their things and the bags of the shikshins.

“Who?” Jessice asked cluelessly but she only earned a slight smile from her friend.

“He asked me if you’re here” Yuri who’s now getting up to help the shikshins who ordered food for 10 persons.

“Yah! Are you sure you can eat all this?!” Yuri asked surprised on all the food in their table

“Dae Unnie! With the help of…”

 “Moon Prism Power, Make Up” Ryemin together with Sooyoung copied a pose and line from their favorite show when they were young. Yuri lowered her head with the action of the two.

*Clap Clap Clap*

The four turned their heads to find whose clapping their hands who were Hyoyeon Taeyeon and Seohyun

“Yah! Moon Tiara Action!” Hyoyeon joined the two and hold their pose till Yuri took a commemorative photo. The other students were laughing and clapping at their antics.

“Dorks” Taeyeon said as she and Seohyun sat down.

Seating order:

Hyoyeon  Taeyeon  Seohyun  Yuri

Table

Sooyoung  Ryemin  Jessica

“Sica-ah! Anyeong! You’re back!” Hyoyeon hugged Jessica before having her sit beside Taeyeon

“Anyeong Joohyun-ah!” Ryemin greeted Seohyun with a smile which Seohyun returned a shy nod.

“Hyo Unnie! How come you know Joohyun?” Ryemin asked while giving foods to Jessica who’s been quiet since they’ve been back.

“Well Seohyun here is a dongsaeng in our department since we are in the same building. On her first day she didn’t have friends so your unnie here decided to talk to her and that’s it. And you how do you know her  Minnie?” Hyo explained and gave Taeyeon her pasta.

“Oh Me? Hmm? I met her by chance I think? When I was passing my requirements for this school year she happened to cross the street suddenly a bike was rushing and then there hahaha. Plus she’s the one who took care of Fusty in the Vet. Unnie! And we’re in the same orchestra”  Ryemin smiled like a kid telling them how she and Joohyun practiced. She handed Joohyun foods more like salads.

Oblivious to her Jessica is not touching her which was noticed by Yuri. Yuri’s eyes landed on Jessica who’s eyes fixed on Ryemin.

I hope you’ll not hurt our Ryemin, Sica-ah

Jessica excused herself saying she needed to borrow books to the library but the truth is she doesn’t want to see things that will make her confusion grow much more. A small pout was visible in Ryemin’s face but immediately smiled after her Taeyeon unnie called her. Seohyun admired the closeness between Ryemin and the unnies. She saw the pout in Ryemin’s face and her heart became rapidly fast plus Ryemin’s sudden smile.

They parted ways and while walking Ryemin felt a sudden headache which is unbearable and decided to go the clinic. The nurse gave her medicines and told her to rest for a while.

Jessica’s eyes never left the door expecting a certain weird violin girl would appear but to her dismay the class ended and no Ryemin was present. She seated onto her next class thinking where would Ryemin be.

She may be busy with that Seohyun she’s pretty though with that innocent looks or may be with that sunbae who like her.

The professor entered, still no Ryemin. The only table available was a few tables away from her since the one that she reserved for Ryemin was occupied by this random guy. A figure caught Jessica’s eyes; it was Ryemin who seated far from her.

Ryemin noticed someone’s looking at her and it was Jessica. She smiled and Nod to Jessica and looked back in front and took notes.

Jessica noticed Ryemin’s a little pale compared earlier. Where has she been? Class has ended and Jessica approached Ryemin’s table after the lecture. She saw that the said girl has been sleeping the entire class. Sica took picture and went to shook Ryemin’s table. Jessica left first and waited for Ryemin in the bench when a man approached her.

Ryemin run along the hallway not wanting to keep Jessica waiting and also food came to her mind that boost her energy.

“SICA-AH!” Ryemin shouted as she didn’t notice that the said is talking to someone.

“Oh, Ryemin-ah. This is Donghae my close friend. Donghae this is Ryemin my classmate.” Ryemin’s mood fell down when she heard what Jessica said. But to her manners she greeted Donghae and gave him a smile.

“Mind if we get coffee also to catch up?” Donghae offered with a smile towards Jessica wihich didn’t go unnoticed by Ryemin.

“Sure, how about you Ryemin-ah?” Jessica quickly agrees and looked at Ryemin expecting her to join them.

“Oh, Sorry I can’t. I have to do something later.” Truth is Ryemin doesn’t have anything to do later. She saw a glint of happiness in Jessica’s eyes when Donghae offered and she don’t want to interfere with the two.

Donghae led Jessica to his car after saying Goodbye to Ryemin. Donghae looked back and gave Ryemin a nod which was returned back with a smile. Ryemin sighed before she started to walk towards her car when suddenly she was pulled into a headlock.

“Gaja! Let’s go to the café and help that danshin.” Yuri released Ryemin from the headlock and grabbed Ryemin.s wrist and started running towards Ryemin’s car.

I knew why you declined that little one. 


HI! Comments, suggestions insights are appreciated.