Chapter 15

Melody of my Life

Cold wind breeze greeted Ryemin as she walked towards the bus stop. She decided to take bus today since her deal with Jessica is now over and she kinda feel like riding a bus to school. Ryemin sat beside the window and focused on the musical piece she is currently listening. Today they’ll have their final rehearsal since the orchestra recital is in 2 days. She texted her oppa asking the condition of InHye fro she was not able to go last night because she was dragged by Yuri to help her Sunny unnie and after heading back home last night she tried to finish the task that Mr. Park gave her.

After arriving at the University, she headed towards a convenient store to have her breakfast since she woke up late. Ryemin isn’t fond in eating spicy food but because she’s still super sleepy she have mistaken the noodles she bought.

“Ahh….. Hoooooo…. Spicyspicyspicy waterwaterwater. Ahhhhhhh!” Ryemin doesn’t know what to do, she forgot to buy water or any drinks.

“Here!”

Ryemin instantly drank the water and looked like a tomato with her red cheeks and ears. She looked up upon hearing someone laughing.

Seohyun laughed in what she have witnessed, seems like Ryemin isn’t fond of spicy foods.

“Joohyun-ah Gomawoyo, you can stop laughing now.” Ryemin said looking kind of embarrassed as the other girl suppressed her laugh.

“No need to be embarrassed Ryemin-ah, everybody has their weak point. Hahahah.” A slight pout was visible in Ryemins lips as Seohyun talks.

“Here eat this it’ll help loss the spice in your mouth.” Yet the pout was changed into a warm smile after receiving a bread and apple from the other.

Jessica was walking towards their program building when she saw the person whom she wants to talk with. She smiles at her own as she’s watching the girl who is pre occupied with her noodles. Jessica walk fast paced towards the convenient store as she saw the girls reaction to the spicy noodles she eating. After entering the store and having a water bottle in her hand she beaten in giving water to the girl for someone she met yesterday.

What was I thinking in the first place? She’s pretty quick in handling that water to that pabo. Aish Jessica. I’ll just buy something and pretend I didn’t consume that energy in walking to give this water to that pabo.

 After having a little chitchat with Seohyun, Ryemin is now seating in her usual table palying a pen with her hand while watching the clouds in the sky busy in her own thoughts.

How long does it take for InHye to recover? If she wakes up soon I’ll bring her to places. InHye-ah unnie is waiting. Wake up soon arasso?

“Here you dropped this.” Ryemin looked to the owner of the voice with a confused facial expression

“Huh? Oh thanks”

I’m certain that I didn’t drop this pen.  Ryemin looked at her hand and sighed. No, not when it’s just few days til’ recital. Maybe I should consult a doctor before the recital.

Oblivious to Ryemin, there’s a this girl who seated beside her and watched her til she goes back to the real world.

“hmm Ryemin-ah… ab-about our dinner last night..” Jessica trailed off quietly

“Oh! Right! It’s ok. Have you had fun with that friend of yours?” Ryemin asked as if she wasn’t disappointed when Jessica forgot their supposed to be dinner and chose Donghae offer.

“Dae!” Jessica answered enthusiastically.

“Seems like you haven’t met him for a long time?”

“Yeah, I think it’s been a year or so since we last saw each other. Also, in that one year there’s really no communication at all. Can you believe that?” Jessica kept on talking about how Donghae and she get along really well. She then soon noticed that the one she’s talking to is holding her head in her hands.

“Ryemin-ah gwenchana?” Jessica asked as she held Ryemins shoulder. The other lifted her head and gave Jessica a convincing smile.

“hmm… Gwenchana.”

The professor entered the room and started teaching but Jessica’s mind was bothered by the girl who’s seating right next to her. Different thoughts occupied her mind by the same person.

These past few days she seems really tired. Yet, she doesn’t do anything heavy. She looks paler than her usual color and missing some of our classes. Ryemin-ah gwenchana? I don’t know why yesterday I feel declining Donghae’s offer after you said you wouldn’t come. Also, when Seohyun is around you seem at ease and it hurts.

Ryemin noticed that Jessica has been starring at her with a confused expression making her smile. Jessica caught that smile and regains her consciousness upon realizing that she’s been starring at Ryemin for God knows how long.

“You sure have a deep thought making you daydream like that. I wonder what that is about.” Ryemin said before turning her attention back to the professor while, Jessica was still somewhere with her thoughts.

///

1 New Message: HY Unnie

Hey Minnie-ah! Do your best even if it’s only your final rehearsal arraji? Unnies are really proud of you baby. I have a surprise for your recital! Good luck Minnie-ah! Unnie loves you!

P.S Taeng Unnie here! After your recital, let’s have a date! I’ll treat you to an art exhibition you’ve been telling me and without this choding!  :)

Ryemin smiled while walking towards the university gate to catch a bus heading to the place of practice. Jessica saw where Ryemin was heading and tried to catch up with the latter.

“Ryemin-ah!”

“Ryemin-ah!”

“PARK RYEMIN!” Ryemin stopped and looked for the person who called her and she saw Jessica walking towards her.

“YAH! Are you deaf?!”

“BWO?” Ryemin was taken back with what Jessica said.

“Gosh. You walk too fast” Ryemin chuckled as Jessica fanned herself using her hands. She saw bits of sweat in the latter’s forehead and Ryemin’s hand naturally wipe off the sweat. Ryemin smiled while Jesscia was having hard time counseling her heart with what happened.

“There. Where are you heading to Sica-ah?”

“Ahh… uhmmm… you didn’t brought your car?” Jesssica doesn’t know what to answer in Ryemin’s question since she just followed where Ryemin is.

“Nah. Since our deal is over I tried to ride the bus. It’s been a while.”

“Ohhh…where are you heading?”

“Practice”

“Practice?”

“Yeah. Want to—“

“JESSI!”

Ryemin was interrupted by a loud shout coming from a man somewhere behind Jessica. Jessica looked back and saw the man who shouted her name.

 “Donghae. Hey.” Jessica greeted the man who has a big smile in his face. Ryemin gave a nod in Donghae.

“Annyeong Ryemin-ssi. Jessi! Gaja!” Donghae said as he held Jessica’s hand

“Huh? Where?”

“Somewhere! Bye Ryemin-ssi” Donghae smiled and walked with Jessica being confused where would Donghae will take her.

“—come” Ryemin sighed and continue her walk towards the bus stop.

///

“And stop. Ok! We’re really prepared! That’s it everyone. Rest and don’t get nervous with the performance. Go home safely!” Mr. Seo said while the others whistled in glee.

“Thank you Mr. Seo!”

“And for you two. *Ryemin and Seohyun pointed at themselves* Yes you both” Mr. Seo walked beside the piano where Ryemin and Seohyun is.

 “I know it’s too early to say this but. I’m so proud to the both of you. I know you’ll do great with your performance.” Mr.Seo smile and pat their heads.

“We will not let you down Mr.Seo” Ryemin gained confidence with what Mr.Seo said and promised herself to perform the best as she can.

“I know that Ryemin. And Joohyun, I’m so proud with you. As Appa and your conductor” Mr. Seo smiled and walked away not before hugging his daughter.

“I’m scared.” Seohyun said hanging her head low.

“Why?” Ryemin looked at the girl beside her.

“People. Expectations. What if I made a mistake? What if I fail to give my best? What if I failed to connect my music with the people? What if it failed to reach them?” Seohyun sniffed while saying those words. Ryemin held the others chin and lifted her face up.

“We’re all afraid, you know.. to get up on stage. Maybe you’ll mess up. Maybe they’ll totally reject you. Even so, you grit your teeth and get up on stage anyway. Something compels us… moves us to play music. We're all connected. Just like the notes are intermittently connected. It's shared by us all. Through music, with the people you know, with the people you don't know, with all the people in this world.” Seohyun smiled hearing those words. She can’t help but hugged the girl, while the other smiled.

“Gaja! Let’s eat and boost our energy!” Ryemin held Seohyun’s shoulder and smiled while talking.

Bzzzt. Bzzzzt.

1 New Message: Eyesmile Unnie

Hi Yeye! You might still be in your final rehearsal as you received this message. Don’t stress yourself arraji? Or else this unnie will not love you anymore. Alex is now ok. He said he really misses you. I know you’ll do your best in your performance but don’t forget to enjoy ok? Sorry if I’m not be able to see your dream performance Ryemin-ah. Unnie really tried to go there. I’m really sorry you know unnie loves you right? Love you little bae.

 Ryemin sighed as she read the message she received from her Tiff unnie.

I knew you really tried unnie.

The sigh never left in the eyes of Seohyun.

I wish that I could also lift up your mood when you’re down Ryemin-ah.

Ryemin turned her head and smile to Seohyun trying to hide the disappointment she felt while reading the message.

“Gaja! Seohyun-ah”

"oohh... yeah" 


Hi:) two weeks til sembreak woooh. 

please do comment tell me what your thoughts are or suggestion/ reactions pls. i'll really appreciate it. 

Thank you! I hope you enjoyed reading.