Chapter 17

Melody of my Life

“Ok everyone! We’ve worked hard for this. I know that you’ll do great later but don’t forget to enjoy. Music is freedom. Fighting!” Mr. Seo cheered unto the nervous musicians behind the stage.

Ryemin is casually sitting with banana milk in hand together with her violin. Her mind is bugging her with different thoughts.

 Is InHye alright? Will Tiffany unnie come? The other unnies? Will Appa and Eomma? Jessica.

Ryemin’s thought was disturbed when a hand covered her eyes.

“Yah! Nugu-yah?” Ryemin started pinching the hand. Holding it, it was a man hand.

“I swear if this is you oppa, I’ll tell Sunny-unnie about that nurse.” The suspect, her oppa, quickly release his hand from Ryemins face.

“I was just playing Minnie-ah. Hey, why so serious? Smile my baby, frowning doesn’t suit you.” Ryemin chuckled as she heard that her oppa called her in that endearment.

“I just wish that InHye is here. She really wanted to watch right?”

“Hey don’t worry about that Minnie-ah oppa got something. And there’s someone who would want to meet you before the show.” Hyejin pats his sisters’ shoulder as his surprise is currently talking to the conductor.

“Nugu oppa?” Hyejin turned Ryemins body towards the other side.

“Halmuhnee? Halmuhnee!” Ryemin run towards her Grandmother whom she hasn’t seen in a long time.

“Aigoo. My Ryemin is a grown up now huh” Ryemin released her hug and starts to wipe away her tears but her grandmother beat her to it.

“Hajima. Do well later araji? This is your dream right?  I’m sure your parents want to see you badly. The old man wants to come to see you but something came up.” Ryemin doesn’t know what to say so she only nodded and hugged her Halmuhnee before going to their respected seats.

This is her dream. Our dream.

BzzzztBzzzt

1 meesage from: Eyesmile unnie

Annyeong Minnie-ah! I know by this time you’re currently preparing for your recital minutes from now. So do well and don’t forget to enjoy araji? Unnie is really sorry, you understand unnie right? Oh and Alex said Goodluck to you too. Do well Minnie-ah. Saranghae.

Ryemin smiled while reading the message. She noticed a certain someone who’s looking at the stage while fidgeting her fingers.

“Anyeong Joohyun-ah. You ok?” Seohyun was startled when someone spoke behind her only to know that it is Ryemin.

“Dae. I don’t know. Too many thoughts are filling up my mind.” Seohyun sighed after those words came out.

“Like what?”

“Will I do well? What if something happens? Will my music reach them? Will it let us connect?” Ryemin held Seohyuns hands in order for the other girl to focus.

““We’re all connected. Just like the notes are intermittently connected… It’s shared by us all. Through music… with the people you know, with the people you don’t know, with all the people in the world. And trust me, you’ll do great” Ryemin lifts Seohyuns hand and faced their palm together and gave off her encouraging smile which was stared at by the younger girl.

“Just play with sincerity, give the performance of your life with everything you’ve got”

“1 minute! Be ready!”

“Gaja! Fighting!”

~

“Yonghwa-shi, are you in InHye’s room? I’ll video call araji?” Hyejin said as he talked to the other doctor who is in charge of InHye at the moment.

“Yah! Danshin-ah! Where’s the kkab?” Sooyoung spoke as they sat on their designated seats

(*space for Mr. and Mrs. Park- GrandMa- Hyejin- Sunny *Tiffany*

Taeyeon-Hyoyeon-Sooyoung-Missing Yuri)

“Aish. Im not a danshin you shikshin. I don’t know where’s that kkab. She said she’s on her way right?” Hyoyeon replied while handling the pamphlet to Taeyeon.

“Yeah yeah Danshin couple. Oh! Hyejin-oppa nugu yah? Patient?”  Sooyoung noticed that Hyejin was having a video call with someone from the hospital.

“Come on Hyejin-ah you’re still working while you’re in here? At least enjoy the recital” Sunny said earning a nod from the 3 and a smile from Ryemin’s Halmuhnee.

“I’m not working. This kid is the one I’m talking to you about. Remember? The kid who’s been in the hospital for a year and a half already. The one that Ryemin wants our parents to adopt”

“Ohh. Oppa I’ve heard from Hyoyeon that she had received a major operation. How was it? Is she doing well now?” Taeyeon get to asked Hyejin while starring at the young girl in the phone.

“Yeah, as you guys see there ’still that thing on hopefully if her response will progress we’ll be able to take that away. And well, the tests conducted yesterday have great results. And I think that’s why Ryemin has that energy today.” Hyejin replied smiling while showing InHye in the phone screen.

“I hope that kid will recover as soon as possible. I’m excited to have a new granddaughter. Settle down kids it will start in a few.”

~

“Yah! No running!” a man with a tie shouted probably a staff.

A girl with a brown wavy hair was rushing through the hallway as soon as she parked her car at the basement. Just as her luck, she bumped into a tall black haired girl who’s heading to the same door as her.

“I never knew you’ve broken your own motto Jung “Never run no matter how late you are” arraji?”

“Stop mocking me you tall tan lady! If it wasn’t traffic I’d be here earlier than you.” Jessica said while wiping her sweat and fixing her clothes.

“There there. No need to fuss you lazy . Ryemin will be probably in the stage now if we don’t hurry.”

As the duo approached the door where the recital is, two man in a suit were at the door with the tagged of usher.

“Sorry Miss but the recital already started. No one is allowed to enter by this time.”

“Oh. But I think we’re just on time Mister. The indicated time here is just the same in my watch.” Yuri said trying to convince the guy to let them in.

“I’m really sorry Miss but we’re just following the instructions from the director.”

Yuri side eyed Jessica only to see that the girl has her cold stare on.

Having that stare huh? I guess Ryemin is special having you run like that and now fuming cause of these guys. You really do have feelings for her don’t you Sooyeon Jessica Jung.

“Excuse me, I didn’t run from the basement to this hall for you to stop us. So open that damn door before I’ll break that! Please.” Jessica was fuming mad when she said that but ended it with a sweet smile.

The staff opened the door and received a sweet smile from the duo. Yuri found where her seat is located and so as Jessica.

“Yah, yah! Why are you late huh?” Sooyoung whispered as Yuri sit.

“Traffic. Quiet shikshin it’s about to start”

Jessica seated few rows behind Yuri.

I see. So this is your world Violin girl.

~

“Go. Share your music with those people.” Mr. Seo said as Seohyun and Ryemin walked to the stage.

“Gaja, Seohyun-ah. Let’s reach the people with our music.” Ryemin looked to Seohyun.

Your face is not as it is when I first saw you. Right now, your face is as white as a snow. And that smile, the smile that gives me butterflies, where is it?. Ryemin-ah are you alright?

“Gwenchana Ryemin-ah?” Seohyun blurted as she stopped Ryemin holding her hand.

“Huh? Dae. I’m okay Seohyun-ah. Why wouldn’t I be?” Ryemin flashed a convincing smile while Seohyun squeezed her hand before letting go.

 

Music transcends words. It’s what you would always say. But I never knew that music could this be colorful. Can you see it? Can you hear it? Will it reach you? I know it will. Someday. Halmuhnee, Oppa, Sunny-unnie, Taeyeonnie, Hyoyeonnie, Shikshin, Kkab should I let her go? Sica-ah you came, thank you. Seohyun-ah, kamsahamnida. The end is near, my hands are now trembling, and my head is getting dizzy. But I got to give my all til the end, I’m a musician right?

It’s coming to an end yet I want to go on. I wish time would stand by like this. Being able to play beside you, being able to share the music’s color. Did I play it right? Was I able to confront it with sincerity? Does it reach you, Ryemin-ah?

“Congratulations everyone! You’re all wonderful, doing what you can do. Giving your best and letting the people here you. Seo Joohyun and Park Ryemin, I don’t know what to say. You girls are amazing. Thank you Seohyun-ah Ryemin-ssi. And one more thing, we’ll have group dinner my treat!”  Everyone cheered and clapped their hands as Mr. Seo gave his words.

Seohyun noticed that Ryemin was quiet right after their performance. Still carrying that pale white face.

“Here” Ryemin took the banana milk from Seohyun.

“Everyone has something deep in their hearts. You’ll come to the group dinner Ryemin-ah?”

“Oh there’s a dinner? I think can’t go Seohyun-ah. Mianhae.”

“No need to apologize. I’ll go ahead Ryemin-ah Annyeong!” Ryemin chuckled as Seohyun run to fix her things before going out.

I don’t have the courage to ask what’s going on but I know you’re strong Ryemin-ah.

Ryemin grabbed her things and head out of the building walking to the streets.

To: Hyejin-Oppa

To the most handsome brother I have. The group is having a dinner. Say sorry to Halmuhnee and the unnies for me I can’t go to the dinner with you guys :( Take care on the way home arraji? Love you and Halmuhnee and the unnies! :)

 Haish. I never knew lying could be this hard. Halmuhnee, Oppa, Unnies and Jessica was there. I just wished that my parents was there also Fany unnie. You only gave me the time of the performance to rest huh? Hahaha those pain killers are having no effect now. Can I please just rest from this head ache? I shouldn’t bother oppa as to what medicine would be the best for this.

Ryemin felt a pang of pain in her head which caused her to drop her violin case. 

Jessica declined the offer of having dinner with Yuri and her Friends minding that Ryemin would be there. She really wanted to go but Donghae is insisting to have a dinner with her. He even told her that he’ll fetch her but Jessica said she brought her own car. A ringing of phone was heard through her car as she misplaced it.

Aish! Donghae you sure giving me head ache. Where’s that damn phone?! Here you are!

“Aaaaahhh!” a dolphin scream escaped through Jessica’s mouth.


HI! :) sorry it took long for me to update this story. Hope you enjoyed this little chapter. 

The plot of the story was already planned yet my time is not enough for me to write. Sorry :(

so please do comment or suggest :)