Chapter 10

Melody of my Life

Jessica’s POV

It’s been 4 days since that weird girl have been my driver. In the past 3 days my hate for her starts to go little by little. I didn’t know what comes into my mind when I offered her that deal it’s just that I think I find her interesting since the bumping incident in the hospital where she looked like a lost little kid.

I heard a car parked and I looked to confirm if it is her. Someone seems so sleepy.

“Morning” she greeted me with a yawn. Cute. Wait what?! I shook my head and I noticed she’s already inside the car.

I didn’t notice that we are already in the University. I wanted to ask her question but in her state I’ll just ask her later.

“Byebye” she said with a smile. Even though she’s sleepy she still manages to affect people with her smile.

“Bye, See you later.” I managed to smile back at her.

I walked towards the room when there are guys who want to get my attention. I sat beside the window. So this is the view Ryemin always looked at huh? Pretty nice.

It’s already 15  minutes since the bell rang and our professor is nowhere to be seen. I guess our professor is absent. Some of the students start to leave the room and I myself am one of them I’ll just spend my free time roaming around the campus.

Ryemin POV

Sooyoung and Yuri unnie invited me to dinner saying that they’ve missed me, Hyoyeon unnie made it on time with Taeyeon unnie. After having dinner I needed to excuse myself first because I have to finish my plates/drawing that I needed to pass tomorrow. I think I slept around 2 in the morning.

After I parked my car, I walked towards the tree where I spend my free time and decided to take a nap.

I jolted in my sleep as I heard my phone rang.

It was from Fany unnie. Oh, a video message.

Fany: Hi Yeye, someone misses you so much.

Alex: Mint! I miss you. We miss you. You promised me you’ll visit, when? I have so many things to tell you. Come sooner please. Tiffany said she’ll bring me to school tomorrow and after she will treat me ice cream!

Fany:  Well, drop by here sooner. They really miss you. Take care there ok? Bye Yeye.

>Msg: Hey! I recorded it earlier. I just got home I’m going to bed now. Be good in your classes.<

I texted back saying she should give herself a break from all the work she’s doing. I’m picked up my bag when I noticed a coffee beside it with a sticky note “Morning J”. I wander who left it here. I kept the note in my planner and walk my way towards the room.

I greeted back as the other students greeted me. I sat down and saw Jessica was already here sleeping when the professor entered the room; I poked her nonstop till she woke up from her nap.

“Good morning class, as I’ve said last week today is the deadline of your templates I’m expecting everyone has their work.” Mr. Jang said while he was fixing his things in the teacher’s desk.

“And for those who doesn’t have their templates you can leave the room now.”

I turn to get my templates beside my seat when I noticed Jessica looking worried.

“Hey, you alright?”

“Y…Yeah. Everything’s fine”

Jessica’s POV

Aish! I knew it! I forgot to do something and it turns out to be the templates.

“Hey, you alright?” I heard Ryemin ask.

“Y…Yeah. Everything’s fine” I’m totally not. I might as well take my leave in this room. I’m halfway in taking my leave as I felt someone grab my wrist and pull me to sit back. It was Ryemin and she placed her templates beside me smiling as she grab her bag and walked towards the door not forgetting to show her respect to Mr. Jang. Did she just lend me her templates? She saved me from this terror Professor? Thank you Violin Girl I owe you one.

Ryemin’s POV

I placed my templates near Jessica after stopping her to leave. I started to walk and when I’m in near the door I bowed to Mr. Jang before taking my leave.

Now where can I spend my free hours? I didn’t have my breakfast and my stomach is rambling. I bought my favorite bread and banana milk from the bread shop near our program building. I walked towards the school grounds and saw Joohyun in one of the bench.

I went in front of her and noticed that she’s so focused in reading the book. I placed the extra bread I bought in the middle of her face and the book. Uh oh, she frowned.

Seohyun’s POV

I was so immersed in reading the book I’m about to read the part where the author is giving his insights when there’s bread blocking my view. I looked up and saw Ryemin smiling with her eyes.

“Annyeong Joohyun-ah, bread?” she seated beside me when she hand me the bread. I looked at her, and then I see clearly her features. Fair complexion, long eyelashes, smiling eyes, pointed nose, and pinkish cheeks.

“You don’t have class?” she turned to face me; I quickly divert my face to front before answering her.

“Yeah, I have a free time till lunch before I head to my next class. What about you?”

“I have but I went out.” she said while eating her bread.

“Why? You know that it could affect your grades.”

“I don’t have the templates to pass so there he said that those who don’t have it can leave.” Yet she’s still smiling knowing it may affect her grades.

“Now that we’re friends, mind to share your story?”

“Story? What kind of story?”

“Story. Life, hobbies, likes, dislikes, preference. Stuff like that.” She grin while adjusting the way she sits.

“Well, I don’t have much. But I have a younger sister and she’s 5 years old, I like to read books and play piano in my spare time and I don’t like eating hamburgers and staying awake late at night. Since I was a little kid I dreamed to have a solo in an orchestra concert so yeah I think that would be all. You?”

“Ohh. I have an older brother who’s a doctor and I lost my unnie back when I was 10 in an accident but God gave me 5 unnies including my cousin. And I like to do things when I’m bored or sometimes I feel totally lazy I just sleep. I don’t eat beans so that’s why I don’t eat patbingsoo, I also don’t eat carrots. I started playing violin since I was around 11 or 12 and that’s when I fell in love with music (also to her)

If I’m not mistaken I heard her mumble after the word music. Usually my free time consists of in reading books but with her presence I don’t mind finishing this book.

Ryemin POV

After a  long day with classes and practice I’m now at sunny unnie’s café ready to work with my plates. Mr. Yoo gave me a chance to pass this plates  tomorrow at 10 am sharp.

“Ryemin-ssi, th.. thank you for what you did earlier. Sorry. I.. I’ll replace your plates. I’ll draw it instead”

Oh, it’s the first time she said my name and earlier she smiled?. I should’ve accepted her offer in drawing my plates, but nah I can do this.

 “Minnie-ah here eat first you look really tired, I’ll close the cafe early. I’ll accompany you to your home.” Sunny unnie placed a frap and cake.

“Really unnie? Please cook dinner pretty please. And can you also sleepover with me in the house tonight? Oppa rarely goes home this week.”

“Dae, Let me clean first ok?”

“Arasso unnie ;)”