Chapter 7

Melody of my Life

“Oppa, what time did you got home?” I asked as we were eating breakfast.

“Around 12 I think. Oh Minnie, you have practice today right? After that do you have any schedules?”

“Hmm I was thinking on spending the weekend in our house. Wae?”

“Great! Can you bring Fusty with you? Please Minnie. I’m busy and I can’t pick him up at the Vet plus my hospital shift is endless. It’s better for him to be there. Ajhumma Shin can take care of him.”

“Arasso, arasso. You owe me a meal!”

“You’re really becoming little shikshin. Kajja, I’ll give you a ride. Pali. Oh and drop by the hospital before you get fusty I’ll tell you later where is the clinic.”

We were practicing the music sheet that was given to those who passed the audition. Mr. Seo arrived and we started the practice. I felt a sudden stinging pain in my head, maybe it’s because I didn’t sleep well last night. Soon the practice was over and there are some announcement saying that we are going to have practice this coming Tuesday.

I rode a cab towards the hospital. I haven’t texted Fany-unnie for awhile now.

Calling: Fany Unnie

Fany: Yah! Yeye! I miss you! How are you baby Ye?

Me: Unnie! I miss you too! Why are we talking in English anyway? (I told her my story for the past few days and my schedule for the day.)

Fany: Oh so you’re heading to the hospital now?

Me: Yeah. Oh unnie, I gotta go now. Bye Miss you!

Fany: Bye Yeye. Miss you too.

I walked towards the hospital lobby and noticed there’s the regular pianist playing. He noticed me and motion for me to come closer.

“Some of the patients are asking when you will play another song here.” He said as he stops playing.

“Really?”

“Yeah, even the nurses ask me too. So since you have your violin with you, please play at least 1 song”

I checked the other side of the lobby if oppa was already there. “Sure, oppa is not there yet.” I asked him if he can play the guitar instead of piano and he was ok with it.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Ryemin imnida. This is my 2nd time playing in here and I hope you’ll enjoy this song I’m going to play and also remember that despite what are we going through we stand up and say that we won’t give up:)”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9KFAT7ctxU&list=UUkfSt0qC19ocnsKTCzjMjtw

I know you didn’t give up. I know you fought till the end. Can you hear me? I know you’re somewhere out here. Can I see you once again? It may be impossible but can I? 

 

I was so into the song that I didn’t notice I shed a tear, I hope no one noticed. The song ended, I hear the patients and others clapping as I said my gratitude. I noticed oppa was there.

“Wow, it’s an honor to be siblings with Park Ryemin, the violinist who captures the heart of everyone in this hospital and also part of the orchestra.” Oppa said as he grabbed my violin case.

“Well then it’s my honor too to be the dongsaeng of one of the most popular Cardiothoracic Surgeon.”

He ruffled my hair while walking towards the hospital exit. He dangled his car keys in his hands and handed it to me.

“You’re letting me drive your car? But what will you use?” It’s not that they didn’t want me to drive; it’s just that they thought I was a reckless kid in driving.

“Yes and don’t worry I’ll be riding a cab. I may be going to our house the next day.”

“Oh Arasso. Oppa where’s the Vet clinic by the way?”

“Right. It is near Sunny’s café. 3 blocks after the café you’ll take a left then 2 block on the left side.”

“Arasso, I’ll just park the car in Sun-bun’s café then. I’ll just walk to the clinic.” I said as he handed me my violin case.

“Be careful Minnie!”

“Yeah oppa. Byebye”

I was backing up suddenly my left hand become numb and I lost control in the steering wheel and I think I bumped into a car. Otteoke, what to do. Aishh pabo Minnie pabo! I searched if there’s a contact number in the dashboard of the other car. 109-xxxx-xxxx I called but the number is busy. Waahhh it’s near 2, Hyo- unnie is waiting in the café. I left a letter with my number.  I drove to Sunny’s Café thinking why my hand suddenly feels numb. Aaah, if oppa finds out.

“Why with the long face hun?” I heard Sunny unnie said as I enter the café.

“Nothing I’m just hungry” I dorkly smiled at Unnie and seated where Hyo-Unnie is.

“Annyeong Choding-ah”

“Hey Pano Ryemin. Ahh Minnie I can’t accompany you later, I'm going… ahhm… out”

“What?! I mean really Unnie?! I knew it I knew you would ask her out. Is it Taeyeon unnie?”

“Sshh… yeah well we will meet here then go to where our feet would take us.” Hyo unnie answered while blushing.

“Hahahaha never knew the choding could blush” I said and Hyo-unnie reached for my head as I merong her.

“Sunny unnie! The choding is blushing!” I ran towards sunny unnie. “Yah! Minnie!” HY unnie shouted.

“Here eat this Minnie. You’ll pick Fusty up right?” Sunny unnie said.

“Yup, how’d you know unnie? Did oppa texted you?” I asked and Sunny unnie nods.

“Ayiiee I knew you two would be together in the near future.” Sunny unnie blushed

“Hahaha… I’ll be going Sunny unnie, Hey! Choding-ah! Annyeong! Don’t be nervous when Taeyeon Unnie comes arasso?”

I walked towards the Vet Clinic while sipping Sunny unnie’s coffee. Fusty is the puppy Oppa bought 2 months ago, is he that big now? I enter the clinic and asked the girl behind the desk

“Annyeonghaseyo, I came to pick up my brother’s dog is the doctor in?” the girl just stares at me blankly

“Excuse me” I snap my fingers

“Sorry, Dr. Han is not here but her niece is in the pet’s area.”

“Okay, Thank you” I smile and walk towards the pet’s area.

I entered the room where the Dr.’s niece is and I heard someone talking.

“Hey little boy, today’s your release huh? Be healthy” I thought she’s talking to a person yet she’s talking a dog.

“Excuse me” I said and she startled hahaha cute.

“Sorry, I’m here to pick up Fusty my dog.” She turned around to face me, oh! Miss Vet! I thought we would never see each other again.

“Annyeong Ms. Vet!” I smiled

“A… ah Annyeonghaseyo.”

“Oh right, the last time I didn’t tell you my name. Annyeonghaseyo Park Ryemin imnida nice to meet you”

“Annyeonghaseyo Seo Joohyun imnida.”

“So you work here Joohyun-shi?”

“No not really, I’m here only on weekends to help my aunt and also to be familiar with.”

“Oh, you’re so kind. Ahhmm so may I know where my dog is?”

“Ah… yeah here.” She said and picked up Fusty and handed to me.

“Hey little boy! Excited huh?” fusty keeps kissing my face.

We walked towards the lobby with an awkward silence.

“Thank you for taking good care of Fusty. We’ll go now Joohyun-ssi” I smiled and put fusty down.

“Ahh dae. Welcome Ryemin-ssi. It’s our job to do it.” Is she sick? She keeps looking down and I think there’s a tint of pink in Ms. Vets face.

“Dae. Annyeong.”

 Me and Fusty walked back to Sunny unnie’s café and say good bye. Weekend in the house would be good if I finished my schoolworks early and play with you fusty.

(Fusty)